What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Philadelphia Eagles - May James Franklin forever walk barefoot across a floor of Lego. (28 Viewers)

Real take on Barkley. Love the signing and I don't think this means or you need to become a run first team. I don't want the offense flowing through him, but rather he be a nice complement to it. Keep the defense honest. Go back to some play action/RPO. Actually use your RB in the passing game (The misuse of Swift last season was criminal). And best of all, Gainwell can become the complimentary back he was meant to be. Spell Barkley occasionally and not show up in high leverage situations all the friggin time.

I don't want Barkley getting 20+ carries a game. Keep the dude fresh and hopefully avoid injury. He'll get his.
I’d be happy with another back. One if he gets hurt could start as well as take 5-10 touches (car/catch) per game.

Real take on Barkley. Love the signing and I don't think this means or you need to become a run first team. I don't want the offense flowing through him, but rather he be a nice complement to it. Keep the defense honest. Go back to some play action/RPO. Actually use your RB in the passing game (The misuse of Swift last season was criminal). And best of all, Gainwell can become the complimentary back he was meant to be. Spell Barkley occasionally and not show up in high leverage situations all the friggin time.

I don't want Barkley getting 20+ carries a game. Keep the dude fresh and hopefully avoid injury. He'll get his.
12-15 carries a game with another 5-7 targets would be ideal for Barkley. Plus give him 80% of the snaps to keep the defense guessing.
I’d go lower then that on % because he was run into the ground in college then add in what he has in NY plus his injury history. You want to keep him fresh I’d like another back or two one signed and a draft pick

12-15 carries a game with another 5-7 targets would be ideal for Barkley. Plus give him 80% of the snaps to keep the defense guessing.
I’d go lower then that on % because he was run into the ground in college then add in what he has in NY plus his injury history. You want to keep him fresh I’d like another back or two one signed and a draft pick
I think the plan is to run him into the ground over the next 2 years. I can't see them keeping him for the 3rd year.

I think the plan is to run him into the ground over the next 2 years. I can't see them keeping him for the 3rd year.
I don’t either

ESPN saints reporter

Zack Baun is heading to the Eagles, per @AdamSchefter. The Saints never seemed to know what to do with the 2020 3rd-round pick, who carved out a role for himself on special teams. Defensively, they never committed to using him as a rusher, where he had some success last season

Fooooooookkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!

Trade: Panthers are sending franchise pass rusher Brian Burns to the New York Giants, per league sources. Per Scheftar

Trade! The #Panthers are trading star Brian Burns — at last! — to the #Giants, per me and @MikeGarafolo.

Burns lands a 5-year deal worth $150M max with $87.5M guaranteed, done by Todd France of @AthletesFirst.

Carolina sends Burns to NYG for a 2nd and 5th rounders. And Burns is the 2nd highest paid DE.

The #Giants traded away Leonard Williams and then acquired Brian Burns for basically the same compensation (second- and fifth-round picks).

The new NFL running back landscape:

🏈Saquon Barkley: Eagles
🏈Josh Jacobs: Packers
🏈Austin Ekeler: Commanders
🏈Tony Pollard: Titans
🏈D’Andre Swift: Bears
🏈Devin Singletary: Giants
🏈Gus Edwards: Chargers
🏈Antonio Gibson: Patriots

Mckinney signed with the Pack, $17M per. That’s EDGE money for a Safety. Way too rich for my blood.
Money isn't as big of an issue as it used to be, or as people are making it. Again, cap going up drastically and probably even more drastically next year. Hard to say anyone "paid too much" for a guy these days.
McKinney is a good, young S with some injury issues. I don't consider him top 5 Safety in the league. You'd be signing him to be the answer for 4 years- that is worth something. Did the market shift with the new cap rise? Sure. Did it rise that much that a guy who was expected to earn $13M per year, max, is making $25M his first year and averaging $17M? Not to me. And apparently not to Howie, either.
yeah, I never thought this would happen unless the Eagles were really sour on Brown or Blankenship. they have 2 young guys who have shown some promise, so bringing in an order vet to hold it down while Brown heals makes more sense.

Mckinney signed with the Pack, $17M per. That’s EDGE money for a Safety. Way too rich for my blood.
Money isn't as big of an issue as it used to be, or as people are making it. Again, cap going up drastically and probably even more drastically next year. Hard to say anyone "paid too much" for a guy these days.
McKinney is a good, young S with some injury issues. I don't consider him top 5 Safety in the league. You'd be signing him to be the answer for 4 years- that is worth something. Did the market shift with the new cap rise? Sure. Did it rise that much that a guy who was expected to earn $13M per year, max, is making $25M his first year and averaging $17M? Not to me. And apparently not to Howie, either.
yeah, I never thought this would happen unless the Eagles were really sour on Brown or Blankenship. they have 2 young guys who have shown some promise, so bringing in an order vet to hold it down while Brown heals makes more sense.
Blankenship is good but shouldn’t be starting. He’s a good #3 spot starter

Austin Ekler to the Commies
this was interesting I thought with Brian Johnson looking so good for them. I don't know the money, but maybe Eckler comes in for passing dons and they keep Johnson on track?
lol, robinson. but yea, i totally forgot about him when i posted in the free agency thread that Ekeler is the new starting back there. i'd expect 1a/1b at most, don't think ekeler automatically takes over. contract details support this, like 11M for 2years.

Agree. Blankenshit is not a good cover guy but he doesn't totally suck as a safety. Good spot starter or come in in certain packages.

Twitter rumors that the eagles might e a landing spot for Justin fields as a backup…
This seems dumb. He's not that bad and there's lots of qb needy teams out there (pats, bears, commanders, raiders, etc). Feel like he could start somewhere or at least go backup Rodgers or something for a year.

Agree. Blankenshit is not a good cover guy but he doesn't totally suck as a safety. Good spot starter or come in in certain packages.
Yep not the guy but definately a contributor. I get rooting for the guy good story and all but he’s a 3rd safety at best

3 years, $37M is a lot for a tush pusher.
Well overpaid guy tells me he gets hurt and this deal ends up being a waste. Resources could’ve been used better elsewhere

If this signing means I don't have to see Gainwell out there anymore, I'll personally contribute $50 of every Barkley game check for the Eagles. Money well spent. LOL!
Gainwell will see 60% of the touches if he’s still here they love him. Who are we kidding
This will be a good barometer for who's really running the offense. I have to assume Moore realizes he's a jag. If Gainwell really gets that big a workload, then we know it's still Sirianni running things and that concerns me.

I love Saquon, as a PSU alumni, probably one of the best players I seen play in college, but with that said, wonder how long before he bitches about not getting the ball enough.

I love Saquon, as a PSU alumni, probably one of the best players I seen play in college, but with that said, wonder how long before he bitches about not getting the ball enough.
I don't think that will be the main worry. The money they are paying him, he will get the ball. Injury is more my concern.

I don't think that will be the main worry. The money they are paying him, he will get the ball. Injury is more my concern.
Of course he is going to get the ball, but IMO he won't get it like he got it in NY.. Philly has too many more playmakers. Hurts will still get his runs, they will still be using the Tush Push.

It will be an interesting case study since the Eagles never had a RB with this type of all-around talent under Sirianni. 300-325 touches (maybe 250-275 carries and 50 receptions) would be a good number for him I think. I still can't believe the Eagles did this, it's so out of character for them.

It will be an interesting case study since the Eagles never had a RB with this type of all-around talent under Sirianni. 300-325 touches (maybe 250-275 carries and 50 receptions) would be a good number for him I think. I still can't believe the Eagles did this, it's so out of character for them.

Haven't had a rb like this since shady

Well overpaid guy tells me he gets hurt and this deal ends up being a waste. Resources could’ve been used better elsewhere

If this signing means I don't have to see Gainwell out there anymore, I'll personally contribute $50 of every Barkley game check for the Eagles. Money well spent. LOL!
Gainwell will see 60% of the touches if he’s still here they love him. Who are we kidding
This will be a good barometer for who's really running the offense. I have to assume Moore realizes he's a jag. If Gainwell really gets that big a workload, then we know it's still Sirianni running things and that concerns me.
Thing is we shouldn’t want Barkley being a workhorse per say. You want to keep him fresh all year. After sleeping on this last night I feel this move was made for two reasons. One they saw what CMC did for the 49ers but this was the 1st year in how long he stayed healthy? They also have a solid back up RB and a guy named Deebo to help his workload.

Two the Eagles are desperate. I said only way Barkley gets paid is a desperation move. Howie saw Kelce (who I think leaving will be more impactful then many think) and Cox leave as well as an older team fall apart late last season. Howie who built the SB winning team doesn’t make this move. He waits it out. Barkley goes to Hou maybe he looks into taking Pierce away who cheap yrs or another back. He then drafts a guy as well. Old Howie doesn’t take a risk like that on Barkley. People can argue the cap going up but there being dumb with your money and economically resourcing it out properly. Last 5 SB winners I believe the RB starting was making less then 2m.

Quote from an ESPN article. Source

Barkley goes from a Giants offensive line that ranked 31st in run block win rate last season to an Eagles offensive front that ranked first in the category in 2023.

I'm not expecting insane numbers but 10 to 15 rushes per game could still be big production. Please will this offense take more snaps from under center.

With our new center will Hurts still do the pre-snap squat. From my understanding is that Kelce had a fastball as a snap and that Hurts adjusted by doing the squat. I always thought it was a tell to the defense.

Former Eagles QB Marcus Mariota is signing with the Washington Commanders on a 1-year deal with a base value of $6 million and upside to $10 million, per source.

Eagles sign a Temple guy according to Zach Berman

The Eagles are signing OL Matt Hennessy, a league source tells @Bo_Wulf and me. They agreed to terms on a one-year deal.Hennessy, 26, started 22 games for the Falcons since entering the league as a third-round pick in 2020 out of Temple. Adds depth on the interior.

Quote from an ESPN article. Source

Barkley goes from a Giants offensive line that ranked 31st in run block win rate last season to an Eagles offensive front that ranked first in the category in 2023.

I'm not expecting insane numbers but 10 to 15 rushes per game could still be big production. Please will this offense take more snaps from under center.

Think between 15-17 a game. 10 rushes is only 170, Swift had 229 and Sanders had 259.

In Bad boy NFL news Joe Mixon is being traded to the Texans.

The Browns who seem to have no morales are now signing Jamie Winston. With Watson over there that’s gotta be a very interesting QB room for off the field reasons

Eagles sign a Temple guy according to Zach Berman

The Eagles are signing OL Matt Hennessy, a league source tells @Bo_Wulf and me. They agreed to terms on a one-year deal.Hennessy, 26, started 22 games for the Falcons since entering the league as a third-round pick in 2020 out of Temple. Adds depth on the interior.

Hennessy is a typical OL Roseman move. He can play both G positions plus C. They love versatility along the trenches

Thing is we shouldn’t want Barkley being a workhorse per say. You want to keep him fresh all year. After sleeping on this last night I feel this move was made for two reasons. One they saw what CMC did for the 49ers but this was the 1st year in how long he stayed healthy? They also have a solid back up RB and a guy named Deebo to help his workload.

Two the Eagles are desperate. I said only way Barkley gets paid is a desperation move. Howie saw Kelce (who I think leaving will be more impactful then many think) and Cox leave as well as an older team fall apart late last season. Howie who built the SB winning team doesn’t make this move. He waits it out. Barkley goes to Hou maybe he looks into taking Pierce away who cheap yrs or another back. He then drafts a guy as well. Old Howie doesn’t take a risk like that on Barkley. People can argue the cap going up but there being dumb with your money and economically resourcing it out properly. Last 5 SB winners I believe the RB starting was making less then 2m.
Agreed and said as much earlier, but if Gainwell ever gets more touches outside of injury or blowout mop up duty, then there's a big problem.

Former Eagles QB Marcus Mariota is signing with the Washington Commanders on a 1-year deal with a base value of $6 million and upside to $10 million, per source.
I mean, I'd rather have him than Darnold.

But yeah, Howell wasn't THAT bad. They must either really want a vet presence, or its of extreme importance to Kingsbury's system to have a mobile QB (it wasn't just him using Kyler that way) and that points to Daniels at #2.

Users who are viewing this thread