What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Philadelphia Eagles - Philly is now a CORNERback factory! (8 Viewers)

Howie Roseman on the idea that the Eagles missed C.J. Gardner-Johnson's mentality/personality: “That would be accurate to say: We were looking to gain our swagger and mentality back. Obviously what happened at the end of the year didn’t feel good, wasn’t acceptable for any of us. You get players who can bring that and have that motivation and that mentality.”
ESP think CJ will be used as the defensive heart along with Devin White for emotion as well

If people would fight back and not pay they would stop but too many sheep out there will just pay whatever
I got streaming stuff anyway. If I wasn’t living with others would’ve cut the cord. So it doesn’t bother me at all since I have most of the services anyway.

You’ll never get enough people fighting back as it’s mostly the older crowd making a stink of it who don’t like change.

Our cap guru, Jake Rosenberg, is leaving to try and get on the GM track with another organization. I know everyone likes to give Howie kudos regarding the cap, but it's been known for awhile that Rosenberg did most of the heavy lifting when it came to cap management.

Last year they created a role specifically for Adam Berry (brother of Andrew, who left Philly to be CLE GM) who has a similar Wall Street background to Rosenberg, so he might be next man up.

The #Eagles’ season-opener in Brazil will air on Peacock, NFL’s Hans Schroeder announced

Locally fake will be broadcasted on NBC

this is such BS
Give it a year or two and you’ll need 3-5 different apps to watch games.
BREAKING: The NFL is "poised" to open the bidding for media rights to its two Christmas Day games this season, per @MMcCarthyREV

The estimated starting bids are in the $50 million range.

The #Eagles’ season-opener in Brazil will air on Peacock, NFL’s Hans Schroeder announced

this is such BS
BREAKING: The NFL is "poised" to open the bidding for media rights to its two Christmas Day games this season, per @MMcCarthyREV

Nothing screams "Player safety" more than having teams play on a Wednesday

this is such BS

All while we keep field turf when to get a World Cup match fifa basically told any stadium in the running that had field turf it had to be gone by 26 World Cup do to player safety.

this is such BS

Statistically speaking it has the fewest injuries of any day of the week, so you might want to take that back

this is such BS

Statistically speaking it has the fewest injuries of any day of the week, so you might want to take that back
well played Larry, well played. :ROFLMAO:

2026 conditional 3rd?? Man, this better not be the last major move, this helps us do nothing this OR next draft. I guess galaxy brain, you think maybe Rodgers retires after this year and the Jets suck in 2025 so that pick, if it turns into a 2nd (Reddick plays 67.5 % snaps/10 sacks), it could be a pretty high pick.

But still, 2026 is crazy when you have to win now.

Surtain sign and trade would change my mood though.

Trade:

Eagles are sending edge-rusher Haason Reddick to the New York Jets for a conditional 2026 third-round pick that could be a second, sources tell ESPN. The 2026 pick becomes a 2nd if Reddick has 67.5% playtime this season and has 10 or more sacks. If not, it’s a 2026 third.

Don't love that compensation tbh. If he had a good year and left in FA, we get a comp 3rd rounder in 2025 instead, don't we?

However, I have a feeling there's more to it we don't know, like he might have held out, not played without a big new deal, etc. But who knows.

“The Jets are sending a conditional future third-round pick for Reddick, and will take on $14.5 million of Reddick's total compensation for 2024 (the final year of his existing contract) while the Eagles account for Reddick's $1 million roster bonus that was due earlier in March”

After adding Huff we end up with a 3 and a possible 2 while saving 14.5 million.

Reddick was a shell of himself last year compared to 2 years ago as well.

If you told me two years ago that we’d be getting a two year in a row, double digit sack guy, and then that guy would go onto get nearly 30 sacks in two years for us, and then we’d trade him for a **** pick two years from now….i wouldn’t believe you.

“The Jets are sending a conditional future third-round pick for Reddick, and will take on $14.5 million of Reddick's total compensation for 2024 (the final year of his existing contract) while the Eagles account for Reddick's $1 million roster bonus that was due earlier in March”

After adding Huff we end up with a 3 and a possible 2 while saving 14.5 million.

Reddick was a shell of himself last year compared to 2 years ago as well.
Yea but only $1.5m on the cap this year. I gotta say I don't get it.

Only explanation is that the locker room rumor bs had some merit and the issue was partially with Hassan. No other reason to not keep him. If they extended him they’d free up cap space. I am not a fan of this at all.

Only explanation is that the locker room rumor bs had some merit and the issue was partially with Hassan. No other reason to not keep him. If they extended him they’d free up cap space. I am not a fan of this at all.

If he was being an *** get him the hell out. He was a no show in a bunch of games

If he was being an *** get him the hell out. He was a no show in a bunch of games
To me I don't even do it then. He can ***** all he wants but at the end of the day, he's making $15m this year. Ball out and earn your pay day next off-season.

That's why I don't understand the Eagles part here. If you want to move him for a 2026, make it a 2nd that can become a 1st. It's far enough away that a team should be willing to put it up if they really want the guy.

How bad a lockerroom guy was he that they basically dumped him for nothing ?

To me I don't even do it then. He can ***** all he wants but at the end of the day, he's making $15m this year. Ball out and earn your pay day next off-season.

That's why I don't understand the Eagles part here. If you want to move him for a 2026, make it a 2nd that can become a 1st. It's far enough away that a team should be willing to put it up if they really want the guy.

Must have been pretty bad imo

I don't like the 67.5% of the snaps AND 10+ sacks. It should be OR not AND.

It's like he was doing this so Douglas owes him a favor later.

Given more time to think about it, I’m fine with the deal. I don’t want this “bring the band back” approach. The good teams don’t overpay for aging players. It’s a tough spot for sure, but this is why you drafted Smith and signed Huff and Baun.

While trading Reddick doesn’t make us better, it may not make us worse either.

Given more time to think about it, I’m fine with the deal. I don’t want this “bring the band back” approach. The good teams don’t overpay for aging players. It’s a tough spot for sure, but this is why you drafted Smith and signed Huff and Baun.

While trading Reddick doesn’t make us better, it may not make us worse either.
I get not resigning him. I've been saying they probably tried to resign him at their price. Probably even went as high as $22-25m per year. Reddick most likely wants more especially guaranteed since this will be his last big contract most likely.

What I don't understand is not just letting him play out the year under the 1yr, $15m? It's not like that's league minimum and we get a comp pick for 2025 instead of 2026. If we were getting a 1st in 2026, I'd understand better but this makes no sense.

What I don't understand is not just letting him play out the year under the 1yr, $15m? It's not like that's league minimum and we get a comp pick for 2025 instead of 2026. If we were getting a 1st in 2026, I'd understand better but this makes no sense.
Perhaps he wouldn't have played under this contract and made that clear to them.

Perhaps he wouldn't have played under this contract and made that clear to them.
But he had no choice. Plus he is playing under it with the Jets right now.

Yeah that’s odd if they don’t extend him and would point to him potentially being an issue that just needed to go.

Every player "has a choice". We've seen countless holdouts in the NFL, they all also "didn't have a choice" too.

If the Jets don't extend him before the regular season starts I will be completely shocked, but I think that's going to happen and it's going to be a huge contract.

There seems to be a lot of smoke on the locker room stuff. He was one of the names that I kept hearing dogging it after complaining about Desia

Imho it’s to prevent a bigger issue from occurring.

Luv seeing eagle fan 180 degree turns LOL!
Just a couple weeks ago all that mattered was getting Reddick resigned
Now ... Thank god he's gone ... he was a cancer. Who knows how much damage he's done in that lockerrom

Team is falling apart bit bit ... rebuild time

Now ... Thank god he's gone ... he was a cancer. Who knows how much damage he's done in that lockerrom

The Eagles literally signed a 26 year old Haason Reddick clone as a replacement. Huff played half as many snaps and had nearly identical numbers as Reddick last year. Sure it would have been nice to have Reddick and Huff rushing the passer on 3rd down, but the Eagles will be fine.

Bryce Huff
Sacks: 10.0
Solo: 19
Ast: 10
TFL: 10
QBhits: 21
PD: 1
Snaps: 480

Haason Reddick
Sacks: 11.0
Solo: 29
Ast: 9
TFL: 13
QBhits: 23
Snaps: 862

EDIT: I was curious what Huff's numbers would have been if he on a per snap number if he got as many snaps as Reddick.

Bryce Huff
Sacks: 18.0
Solo: 34
Ast: 18
TFL: 18
QBhits: 38
PD: 2

Those numbers would put Huff in the Nick Bosa, TJ Watt, Myles Garrett territory. Yes, I know, it doesn't work like that, just curious.

Last edited:

The giants are a horrible football team
$47.1m on Daniel Jones cap hit. Our TE, both WRs, RB and QB cap hit total combine for almost $1m less. Yes combined all 5 guys cap hit is less then the Giants are paying Daniel Jones

The Eagles literally signed a 26 year old Haason Reddick clone as a replacement. Huff played half as many snaps and had nearly identical numbers as Reddick last year. Sure it would have been nice to have Reddick and Huff rushing the passer on 3rd down, but the Eagles will be fine.

Bryce Huff

Haason Reddick

EDIT: I was curious what Huff's numbers would have been if he on a per snap number if he got as many snaps as Reddick.

Bryce Huff

Those numbers would put Huff in the Nick Bosa, TJ Watt, Myles Garrett territory. Yes, I know, it doesn't work like that, just curious.
Yeah except one of them is a part time one dimesional player

Bryce Huff

Haason Reddick

Bryce Huff

Honestly, if Huff can put up Reddick's numbers in 250 less snaps, I'd take it. But I don't think they're planning on using Huff for only 42% of the snaps.

Bryce Huff

Haason Reddick

Bryce Huff

Honestly, if Huff can put up Reddick's numbers in 250 less snaps, I'd take it. But I don't think they're planning on using Huff for only 42% of the snaps.
So you prefer Huff over Reddick and wouldn't trade Huff straight up for Reddick if it were an option?

Bryce Huff

Haason Reddick

Bryce Huff

So you prefer Huff over Reddick and wouldn't trade Huff straight up for Reddick if it were an option?
Bro you thought Daniel Jones was a good QB. Lets leave the player evals to people that are less wrong than this lol.

Bryce Huff

Haason Reddick

Bryce Huff

Shouldn't the question be: Do you prefer 3 years of Bryce Huff at salary cap hits of $4.3M, $7.5M and $11.7M or one year of Reddick at $21M? Then who knows what in any extension you have to sign him to (a comp to his projected cap hits going forward would be Danielle Hunter at $13.7M and $23.7M). That question doesn't even take into account age, Reddick is 30 and Huff is only 25. Reddick is at the age where the cliff can come quick.

How many years and what cap hits are we talking about. Also, if we get cap savings with Huff compared to Reddick, who are the Eagles also signing with the extra space?

Users who are viewing this thread