What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

300+pass yds, 100+rush yds, 100+rec yds (1 Viewer)

Late to the party, so I'll go with who's left

Brooks

Tomlinson

R Moss

Last edited by a moderator:
QB: Palmer

RB: McGahee

WR: #85
:wub: the Willis reach - cuz I'll need it.:stepsoutonlimb:

QB - A Smith

He'll need to pass for 400 to stay in this game - and Gore will be marginal on the road in the new stadium opener.

RB - M Bell

Shanny is playing w/ STL *and the rest of us* and MB (not III) will get 25/120/1

WR - L Evans

Down early and passing all day.
:shock: Step back off the limb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't have him, but do have Bryant, so maybe some wishful thinking ;) But, SF will be down 14 by the half, so I can see 25/45 for 300ish as possible - since AZ will shut down Gore early and score quickly (vs. 14 play drives eating 7 mins off the clock).

It would be easy to say Peyton or Palmer, just for science here :nerd: . Probable, no. Possible, :yes:
Only missed by 12 yards... :yes: Too bad my other picks sucked.

I'll go with McNabb / TBarber / Fitzgerald...What?... before the games? :unsure:

Looks like nobody has a chance to nail all 3. :shock:
And this is why we should temper our anger towards FBG (Dodds) weekly projections (which have been dabated longly in another thread)... His top-down / safe approach (i.e. normal NFL weekend overall stats with simulated games based on different variables) is certainly the best way to go...Predicting who will gain 300/100 yards on any given game, as this thread as proved, is an impossible task even though over 20 guys will do it every week... NFL players are consistently inconsistent (especially WRs)...

Predicting who will gain 300/100 yards on any given game, as this thread as proved, is an impossible task even though over 20 guys will do it every week... NFL players are consistently inconsistent (especially WRs)...
The studies I have done have not shown WRs at a given production level to be any more inconsistent than RBs at the same production level. That is, WRs who score 140-150 points on the year are about equally consistent with RBs who score 140-150 points on the year. But on average, RBs score more points, so the #3 RB may be "more consistent," by some definition, than the #3 WR. (Generally, players who score more points have a higher standard deviation, but lower standard deviation relative to their production).

Predicting who will gain 300/100 yards on any given game, as this thread as proved, is an impossible task even though over 20 guys will do it every week... NFL players are consistently inconsistent (especially WRs)...
The studies I have done have not shown WRs at a given production level to be any more inconsistent than RBs at the same production level. That is, WRs who score 140-150 points on the year are about equally consistent with RBs who score 140-150 points on the year. But on average, RBs score more points, so the #3 RB may be "more consistent," by some definition, than the #3 WR. (Generally, players who score more points have a higher standard deviation, but lower standard deviation relative to their production).
This is why I tend to evaluate consistency with a "starter" or "elite" tag... and not standard deviation (although you are stating StDev relative to their production level)... because we all know that if a guy scores 0 points all the time - his StDev will be 0 - he's consistently poor!...The "starter" tag is by definition a binary ("yes", "no") that looks at the number of starters per position - per week - in a given league (for example 12 QBs)... The 12 best weekly QB performances gets a "yes" tag and the others gets a no...

Same goes for the "elite" tag - but it's reserved for the 25% upper tier of starters... (thus 3 best QB performances per week)...

With that in mind - and looking only at the '05 season... I found that the top24 QB - top48 RBs and top72 WRs averaged 3.67 - 3.61 and 3.70 elite weeks respectively - keep in mind that this league scoring is PPR for WRs and not for RBs...

This would not suggest that RBs and/or QBs are more consistent than WRs (like I mentioned earlier today) - but the scoring system / roster requirements (like you mentioned) have to be taken into account - and a larger sample size is required...

(I should have looked at this for my 3rd freelance article :P )

It's really tough to project the passers, given that there are only going to be a few each week.In hindsight, and it's pure hindsight, I think the McNabb pick should've been made more. It just made sense. The Eagles pass more than anyone, the Texans allow more than just about anyone, and, oh yeah, McNabb's pretty good.

I'll go with McNabb / TBarber / Fitzgerald...What?... before the games? :unsure:

And this is why we should temper our anger towards FBG (Dodds) weekly projections (which have been dabated longly in another thread)... His top-down / safe approach (i.e. normal NFL weekend overall stats with simulated games based on different variables) is certainly the best way to go...Predicting who will gain 300/100 yards on any given game, as this thread as proved, is an impossible task even though over 20 guys will do it every week... NFL players are consistently inconsistent (especially WRs)...
:goodposting:

I don't recall anyone being angry at Dodds. I rather much liked that discussion. I still don't think you guys are Dodds and don't find it worthwhile to compare yourselves but I do see how this could be fun

I know this is hindsight, but here would have been my predictions:

QB: Trent Green

RB: Dominic Rhodes

WR: Anquan Boldin

was pretty stunned that the Giants rushing D was so stifling.

Last edited:
pretty sure he means he was the least incorrect, which should count for something in this game, since no one was correct this week. He's the best loser.

I don't recall anyone being angry at Dodds. I rather much liked that discussion. I still don't think you guys are Dodds and don't find it worthwhile to compare yourselves but I do see how this could be fun
Angry is definitely an exageration on my part - more that some were discontent with the week1 projections (that no one was showing as a 300/100 week) and I was one of the board member saying the projections were "safe" ones - Dodds explained his way of arriving at these projections - and I liked that discussion very much also...And by no mean do I think that my FF knowledge is comparible to Dodds - far from it in fact!... I was just asking what was the process of deriving those weekly projections - since none was showing a 300/100 week while there are 21 guys reaching that plateau on average every week... Chase / Maurile / David explanations were on par and insightful... all I can ask (sorry if it sounds like I was trying to say I know more about FF - definitely not the idea or purpose)

Users who are viewing this thread