What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

3rd Round reversal of fortune (1 Viewer)

Arnold. S

Footballguy
I loved footballguys' articles regarding the fairest way to draft. My question is, since the articles were written 2 years ago, do you guys think it still applies to the draft this season since lots have changed in football this last 2 years?

:wub: Without a doubt. You get one of the top 4 picks in a standard 12 team draft and you're walking away with one of the big 4 RBs, and something like Roddy White and Ryan Grant. Very nice top 3. Bottom 4 and you're starting out with something like DWill, Greene, SSmith. JMO, but White/Grant equal to Greene/Smith and the advantage of MJD vs. DWill is huge. Of course it might now work out that way, but you offer DWill/Greene/Smith for MJD/Grant/White and see if it gets accepted.

I'm not sure if 3RR fixes it but it's better.

I loved footballguys' articles regarding the fairest way to draft. My question is, since the articles were written 2 years ago, do you guys think it still applies to the draft this season since lots have changed in football this last 2 years?
The articles don't really become "dated" any more than a pick calculator does. That's where the valuations are calculated from, so if you believe in that general value philosophy then yes, it is certainly still relevant.Any given particular year can skew it (i.e. "Picks 1-4 are worth WAY more"). If you believe that then there's not much to fix it - however, the 3RR / 3rd rd. flip certainly helps to level the field more than just serpentine.

How do you convince people this is the way to go? Ive shown them the stats and they still wont try it. I challenged all 15 other league members "If you get the 1-2 pick and we dont do 3rr, trade it to me straight up for my pick and I guarantee I'll have more points at years end." Only one person in 15 is taking me up on that this year, yet they still wont try 3rr!!!

Does anyone think that banzai strategy changes for someone with the top 1-3 picks as opposed to serpentine. You're set with a top RB, but does it make it more critical to get a second top RB in the 2nd round knowing it's longer to the 3rd round pick than the usual serpentine draft? WRs seem deep this year so easier to hold off until the 3rd round for a top WR.

Does anyone think that banzai strategy changes for someone with the top 1-3 picks as opposed to serpentine. You're set with a top RB, but does it make it more critical to get a second top RB in the 2nd round knowing it's longer to the 3rd round pick than the usual serpentine draft? WRs seem deep this year so easier to hold off until the 3rd round for a top WR.
I think so much depends on your scoring system and your starting line ups. And how does your league draft? If they go RB heavy you might be just as well to take a solid WR, and hope to take late flyers on RB later. I just think you still have to draft value at that point. In the second I'd rather take stud WR than a marginal RB, and hope to find some value at RB later.

Users who are viewing this thread