What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

a newer song you love? (2 Viewers)

It has probably been mentioned already, but onerepublic's new album, Native is really good.

Nice to see a thread on music that isn't filled with obscure, non-catchy, college radio level stuff.

I've actually like most of these, even the ones not in my normal music comfort zone have been good.

I'll keep preaching that J Roddy Walston and the business is the best new band I've heard since the Black Keys

I'll keep preaching that J Roddy Walston and the business is the best new band I've heard since the Black Keys
I'd like to check them out. Got a song recommendation or two?
I love the lead single Heavy Bells from J Roddy's new album that was posted on the 1st page of the thread, and really like the album overall as well, but their self titled album from 2010 is my favorite album in literally a decade (My Morning Jacket's 2003 album, It Still Moves, being the last Id give that praise). So, if I was you, Id just say give that whole album a listen on Spotify or something. One song off that J Roddy album, Brave Man's Death, is my favorite song of this century. They dont have a song I dont like so its hard to choose between my next favorites to recommend, but here you go

Don't Break The Needle

Brave's Man Death

Used To Did

I'd like to check them out. Got a song recommendation or two?
I love the lead single Heavy Bells from J Roddy's new album that was posted on the 1st page of the thread, and really like the album overall as well, but their self titled album from 2010 is my favorite album in literally a decade (My Morning Jacket's 2003 album, It Still Moves, being the last Id give that praise). So, if I was you, Id just say give that whole album a listen on Spotify or something. One song off that J Roddy album, Brave Man's Death, is my favorite song of this century. They dont have a song I dont like so its hard to choose between my next favorites to recommend, but here you go

Don't Break The Needle

Brave's Man Death

Used To Did
Saw them a couple weeks ago and chicks were throwing their bras onstage. It was quite a party. My third time seeing them, but first headlining. They carried it well.

Been on the radio here for a bit but didn't see it in the thread.

Great thread btw. nice to see when people discovered a lot of the music I like

And now for newer songs that I really don't like...

The new Sleigh Bells album is a piece of crap.

Head of the Heard- "By this time tomorrow"

Up and coming band from Canada, getting some good playtime with this song.

Another band that remind me of someone else

Head of the Heard- "By this time tomorrow"

Up and coming band from Canada, getting some good playtime with this song.

Another band that remind me of someone else
LOVE that one! The guy that starts the song off reminded me of a cross between the Imagine Dragons and the Black Keys and that chick has got some soul.

Unbelievers is definitely the catchier of the 2, but it and the VW album opener Obvious Bicycle are both 2 of my favorite songs this year.

Im actually surprised Unbelievers wasnt the lead single, but really VW released just a great overall album so it might just be personal preference, and I like Diane Young a good bit which was the lead single. There's even some other songs on that album that are probably worthy of this thread - Don't Lie and Ya Hey to name a couple.

Here is another round of songs from 2013 that are solid hard rock choices:

Arctic Monkeys- "R U Mine?
:hifive: on this one.

I heard a song on the radio a few weeks ago, and loved it. Made a note on my phone lyric wise to try to find out who it was. I forgot to track it down, but then tonight driving back from work they said the band and song and it turned out to be that song I made a note of. I was shocked it was Arctic Monkeys, but it wasnt this song, is was "Do I Wanna Know?".

I remember hearing some stuff of theirs from the big debut album and later, and I wasnt into it. After finding out that song was Arctic Monkeys, I listened to the new album tonight on spotify and Im ####### ####ing loving it. Does not sound like what I remember AM sounding like though, but liking this new one enough to backtrack and see what I think. I gotta let it seep in and give it more listens before I'll talk about it in the Best Albums thread, but before seeing your post I was going to post in this thread saying "Im not sure which song I like more, but these are definitely both 2 great ones from this year" with R U Mine and Do I Wanna Know?

ETA: Here is the song Do I Wanna Know? :pickle:

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is another round of songs from 2013 that are solid hard rock choices:

Arctic Monkeys- "R U Mine?
:hifive: on this one.

I heard a song on the radio a few weeks ago, and loved it. Made a note on my phone lyric wise to try to find out who it was. I forgot to track it down, but then tonight driving back from work they said the band and song and it turned out to be that song I made a note of. I was shocked it was Arctic Monkeys, but it wasnt this song, is was "Do I Wanna Know?".

I remember hearing some stuff of theirs from the big debut album and later, and I wasnt into it. After finding out that song was Arctic Monkeys, I listened to the new album tonight on spotify and Im ####### ####ing loving it. Does not sound like what I remember AM sounding like though, but liking this new one enough to backtrack and see what I think. I gotta let it seep in and give it more listens before I'll talk about it in the Best Albums thread, but before seeing your post I was going to post in this thread saying "Im not sure which song I like more, but these are definitely both 2 great ones from this year" with R U Mine and Do I Wanna Know?

ETA: Here is the song Do I Wanna Know? :pickle:
:thumbup: very black Keys-ish... I like it

Eric Church - The Outsiders (Spotify link)

Bonus video version - Live at the 2013 CMA's (YouTube link)

Really looking forward to see where the rest of this album goes when released next year - Eric says that it will be a cross between Waylon Jennings and Metallica.

Interesting as he was the only "country" artist invited to Metallica's Inaugural Orion Festival at Atlantic City in 2012.

Church is going to be the next country artist making the leap to arena headliner - his shows co-headlining this summer with Kenny Chesney were pretty packed even for football stadiums.

Two more songs spotlining Church and how heavy his band gets during a show (from his 2012 live set) - love the Iron Maiden-esque guitar riffs at the end of the 2nd song.

Eric Church - How 'Bout You (live) - from Caught In The Act: Live (Spotify link)

Eric Church - How 'Bout You (live) - from Caught In The Act: Live (YouTube link)

Eric Church - I'm Gettin' Stoned (live) - from Caught In The Act: Live (Spotify link)

Eric Church - I'm Gettin' Stoned (live) - from Caught In The Act: Live (YouTube link)

Users who are viewing this thread