What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

A true story about owning more than one FF team. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tronic Son

Footballguy
So I have co owned a team with a friend of mine for the last ten years or so and last year I noticed he seemed to be pretty excited about other players. So I'm like what is up? He says he joined another league. What? Why would you do that? ,I say. He says that he likes to win and it gives him more of a chance. Really? Ok, that is true I said, I may be pretty dumb but I can do the math. BUT. . .to me FF football is about being an owner/GM of my own nfl team NOT playing the FF lottery. I felt like I was Tony Romo finding out that Jerry Jones bought the Browns to "diversify his portfolio". The jaguars dont get to draft two different sets of players to make sure they win. So my friend wants me to help him with his other league this year too. I told him no way, if I won a championship by playin more than one team I'd feel like a pregnant whore. . .thanks for listening.

This is either an untrue story about owning more than one fantasy team or a true story about not owning more than one fantasy team.

Either way, COOL STORY BRO.

I cannot imagine the stories we would get if this forum was called the "Soft as a Grape" forum instead of the Shark Pool.

I'm not sure what is a bigger violation of man code-

Co-owning a FF team with another grown man (except in extenuating circumstances)

Getting "upset" that your "co-owner" has another team

Finding out your co-owner has another team because he's "pretty excited" about other players

Comparing yourself to a pregnant whore

Posting any and all of the above on a FF message board

:no:

'Tronic Son said:
So I have co owned a team with a friend of mine for the last ten years or so and last year I noticed he seemed to be pretty excited about other players. So I'm like what is up? He says he joined another league. What? Why would you do that? ,I say. He says that he likes to win and it gives him more of a chance. Really? Ok, that is true I said, I may be pretty dumb but I can do the math. BUT. . .to me FF football is about being an owner/GM of my own nfl team NOT playing the FF lottery. I felt like I was Tony Romo finding out that Jerry Jones bought the Browns to "diversify his portfolio". The jaguars dont get to draft two different sets of players to make sure they win. So my friend wants me to help him with his other league this year too. I told him no way, if I won a championship by playin more than one team I'd feel like a pregnant whore. . .thanks for listening.
yeah, I've been there.this is how it starts......

'Tronic Son said:
Did you ever stop and think your friend felt like half a man with only half a fantasy team?

I must be a total slut because I carry 10 teams not counting the draft and leave mock drafts I have done.

'Tronic Son said:
So I have co owned a team with a friend of mine for the last ten years
Why would anyone co-own a team? If the cost of the league is prohibitive, then you need to find a league that isn't, and take sole ownership of that team.

I co-own 4 teams with 5 different people. One league my team has 2 co-owners, another has 3 and another has 4. I am a majority owner in all of them but one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bath Salts
Likely the only way to ease the pain, I agree...I feel for you, Tronic. Don't let these heartless FF team hoarding whores bring you down. They haven't felt emotion since their mothers left them for their parents' marriage counselor. Emotion makes us human. I'm here for you........... brohan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread