What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Aaron Rodgers Kneel Costs Many Their FF Tilt (1 Viewer)

just_want_2_win

Footballguy
The Green Bay Packers don't care about your fantasy football team. You probably already knew that, but just in case it wasn't clear, it is after the Packers' 43-37 win over the Falcons on Monday night.

The game ended kind of oddly, and that's where things get weird.

After the Packers ran a third-down play with under 45 seconds left -- and the Falcons out of timeouts -- it looked like Green Bay would be able to run out the clock.

As it turned out, though, there was a one second difference between the game clock and the play clock, so the Packers had to run one more play with one second remaining.

That play turned out to be an innocent Aaron Rodgers kneel down that actually wasn't innocent at all because it ruined the dreams of fantasy football players across the country.

Rodgers was credited with a 4-yard rushing loss on the play, which means he lost .4 points in most leagues.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24876858/aaron-rodgers-kneel-down-on-final-play-causes-fantasy-football-chaos

yeah because oh so many people had aaron rodgers AND a .4 point differential, not because that writer did. Oh wait I counted four in his article, four people is many....ok

yeah because oh so many people had aaron rodgers AND a .4 point differential, not because that writer did. Oh wait I counted four in his article, four people is many....ok
yeah, but there's only like 42 million people who play fantasy football. so this is totally newsworthy.

yeah, but there's only like 42 million people who play fantasy football. so this is totally newsworthy.
Looks like it dropped him from 32 to 28 yards which can be a point in ten yard increment scoring. We also credit yards per carry with at least 4 rushing attempts. This dropped him from 8.0 to 5.6. In total, he lost 2.5 points. Didn't factor into our game. Flip side is this happens all the time.

Looks like it dropped him from 32 to 28 yards which can be a point in ten yard increment scoring. We also credit yards per carry with at least 4 rushing attempts. This dropped him from 8.0 to 5.6. In total, he lost 2.5 points. Didn't factor into our game. Flip side is this happens all the time.
flip side is he scored a lot of points and if you lost, rodgers probably wasnt the reason

Not sure what the big deal about this is? Doesn't this happen EVERY TIME a team kneels at the end of the game? The winning qb always loses rushing yards when they kneel... this is nothing that new or rare.

Not sure what the big deal about this is? Doesn't this happen EVERY TIME a team kneels at the end of the game? The winning qb always loses rushing yards when they kneel... this is nothing that new or rare.
It's the first time it happened to the writer of that article. That's pretty significant (to him).

Anyone complaining about one Aaron Rodgers play costing him a title should be banned from playing FF.

I had Julio AND Rodgers so of course I won big. That guy is being silly and the rest of his team probably sucked.

Lacy and Julio being on either bench probably pissed off a LOT more people than this.
Yep, I lost one league by 2 points when Starks got those carries at the end instead of Lacy.

It happens every year, it's just part of the game. No point in complaining. I could also point to 5 other players on my roster and "what if" one more catch or run.

I think what would bug me about this one is that he just had to go back a whole 4 yards, usually it's a kneel down for -1.
Ever think that maybe Rodgers was the writer's opponent?
Now that's funny, you know stats guys must play FF.
We count TFL in our league 1pt per TFL. On the day after the game I have seen the TFL drop by as much as 5-6 for a defense. Not sure how those are tabulated and how they are so far off? This may explain it??? Haha

Last edited by a moderator:
Flipside is your score is the grand total of 8-10 players, not the final play of the final game of the week.

I think what would bug me about this one is that he just had to go back a whole 4 yards, usually it's a kneel down for -1.
That's what I was wondering. People should be pissed at the stats crew, not Rodgers.
Why he did back up a few yards to make sure the clock was at 0? He didn't drop down immediately.
Because there was a second on the clock and he wanted to ensure the game was over since it was 4th down probably. It was kind of silly for the crew to make sure they got that last play off though. I'm surprised McCarthy didn't just kick a FG

That's what I was wondering. People should be pissed at the stats crew, not Rodgers.
Why he did back up a few yards to make sure the clock was at 0? He didn't drop down immediately.
Because there was a second on the clock and he wanted to ensure the game was over since it was 4th down probably. It was kind of silly for the crew to make sure they got that last play off though. I'm surprised McCarthy didn't just kick a FG
No need to risk a FG attempt and a possible block in a six-point game.

Pretty funny in my playoff game against my best friend that point loss left us tied at 132.2 and I won on the tiebreaker (bench points). He was speechless.

4 yards was harsh. Most kneel downs are credited as 1.

I am pretty sure that I read on these boards just today that there was little to no luck in fantasy football.

Users who are viewing this thread