What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Adrian Peterson week 16 (1 Viewer)

Jimbo Slice

Footballguy
I'm sure there's many AP owners who didn't make it, my condolences.

But for those of us that made it...

Does he play?

Does he split reps with gerhart?

How bad are his injuries?

Are you going to start him? Bench him?

Etc...

Starting him with confidence.

Him sitting today had more to do with field conditions than his thigh. I expect a full workload vs the Eagles, and I think he will be salivating at the prospect of out-shining Vick.

another late game on SNF, could be another INACTIVE... who knows.... good luck to u owners of ADP in the finals

Starting him with confidence.

Him sitting today had more to do with field conditions than his thigh. I expect a full workload vs the Eagles, and I think he will be salivating at the prospect of out-shining Vick.
Please. One team is fighting for a playoff berth, the other is 5-9 and will be starting Joe Webb at QB.

I'll obviously monitor the situation but as long as he's active I'm starting him. I think being inactive tonight was more to avoid injury to the team's franchise player on a potentially bad field while being out of the playoffs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sitting him because of the injury, the late game, and the putrid offense. The decision is easier for me because he cost me a shot at the title so I don't "need" him. Also, it's a contract keeper league, and I can't keep him next year, so cutting him frees up roster and cap space for me to sign a few players to stash.

In leagues where I own Gerhart I'll stick it out. Where I don't I'll play someone else with upside. More interesting question is what do you do with Gerhart if you don't own AP?

With Joe Webb at QB, don't count on too much from him; and potentially it could be another zero.

Minnesota has absoulutely nothing to play for so why risk injuring him more.

See what Gerhart can do.

If Moreno plays, I'm going with Moreno and Blount again with two great matchups. If Moreno is out or limited, I'm going with AP or Toby Sunday night.

If you have decent options that can get you 15-20 pts at this point, then he's not worth the risk of playing. It's a shame you can't count on the best RB in football, but he's banged up and the Vikings have nothing to play for. Let me see him at full practice all week and I may change my mind.

I am starting him, with Gore going down im thin at RB. I have Gerhart on the bench so I atleast have Vikings RBs covered. The problem is, how much room is there going to be against Philly D?

I didnt see the game tonight, how did Gerhart look?

I did play AP last night, as our league rules don't allow roster changes after Sunday's kickoff. Won despite his goose egg. I'm a little scared to trust him anymore. His excuse sounded fishy. Basically because of the cold. The good thing is there is a whole week to monitor this situation and make a decision. I am definitely picking up an Eagle or Viking player to sub in if he doesn't go. I have learned my lesson.

No. Sat him this week for Torain and will either sit him for Blount or Torain again. There is no reason for the Vikings to pound their franchise player into the ground. If he were close to the rushing title then maybe but he's not.

It's possible that the Eagles can have a let down but I doubt it. They are playing for the 2nd seed and even though the defense is hemoriging from injuries, they still did a good job slowing down Jacobs and Bradshaw last week. Add Webb and Gerhart to the mix and you have to be crazy to risk playing AP unless you have no other warm body.

Very possible they sit him again Sunday and in my league, rosters are set by 1 pm Sunday.

This is going to tough for me as my rb's are: AP, Hillis, Blount, and Choice

Thinking that I'm going to start Blount but not sure for who yet - either AP or Hillis

I have AP, Rice, Benson, and Torain in my dynasty league (can start up to 3). Might leave AP on the bench again this week.

In one league, I have AP and Gerhart so I'll make the decision when they declare their inactives. In another, my options are Stewart, Choice and Reggie Bush in a PPR. I'll either play Choice or wait and use Bush on MNF if AP doesn't play.

As of today, I'm not planning to start AP. I started Welker over AP this past week, and I'm likely starting SMoss against the Jags over AP this week.

Even if he plays, the Vikes might get far enough behind early on to eliminate the run game. Weather may also come into play in Philly (60% chance of snow and wind on Sunday).

As of now, no. Too much risk you'll have to sub in a losing option a la Gerhart. I'd rather roll the dice in the championship game with a higher upside RB like Blount.

That could change if AP practices and is probable or better. Too bad about the night game.

Is Webb playing?

Ramsey? -> Cut by the Saints for Chase Daniel.

Webb was so very, very bad... and didn't seem very smart or heady. How can this guy not understand that a rookie QB's best friends are his Tight End and RB on the screens and dumpoffs?

And how could the Vikes not understand that even if losing by 20 the best thing to do for a rookie QB is let him hand off?

And in that weather? See Chuck Foreman, circa 1976 for what would have been the right way to have called that game.

The playcalling and game management is as scarey as the alleged "injury".

I am looking at Choice and Moreno as options to start over ADP/Gerhart.

Pretty sure I am rolling with Jones Drew and Bradshaw. I am already projected to win with this lineup, so I think not taking a goose egg is more important than the risk that Peterson blows up on my bench. Could change though depending on what we hear throughout the week.

Any likely WR or RB free agents out there in the SNF/MNF games this week?

>>>>Peterson was listed on the report because of a sprained ankle and a knee issue, but the real problem was a thigh bruise he suffered a week ago Monday when he collided with Tarvaris Jackson during the Vikings' loss to the Giants at Detroit.<<<

>>>Interim coach Leslie Frazier said Saturday that he would not make any inactive decisions based concern about the fact the playing field at TCF Bank Stadium was expected to be frozen and slick, but clearly the Vikings did not want to take any chance with a Pro Bowl player.

Said Frazier: "I don't think he could have gone whether we were on a surface on September or October based on what I saw when we tried to work him out. It wouldn't have been wise to put him out there."<<<

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/...EkD_hEK_kchO7DU

Plus, it's looking like Webb will be the starter, which, again, might be a bigger problem than the thigh injury. But see if ADP practices all week.

As of now I am rolling with AP but I have the luxury of taking him out for Gerhart or Pierre Thomas who is playing on Monday night.

SaintsInDome2006 said:
Is Webb playing?Ramsey? -> Cut by the Saints for Chase Daniel.Webb was so very, very bad... and didn't seem very smart or heady. How can this guy not understand that a rookie QB's best friends are his Tight End and RB on the screens and dumpoffs?And how could the Vikes not understand that even if losing by 20 the best thing to do for a rookie QB is let him hand off? And in that weather? See Chuck Foreman, circa 1976 for what would have been the right way to have called that game.The playcalling and game management is as scarey as the alleged "injury".I am looking at Choice and Moreno as options to start over ADP/Gerhart.
Farve will play this week.

dagwood said:
With Joe Webb at QB, don't count on too much from him; and potentially it could be another zero. Minnesota has absoulutely nothing to play for so why risk injuring him more.See what Gerhart can do.
Yep I am sitting AP. If you do start him I would hope you have Gerhart just in case. If AP does play I just do not see a very big game considering Webb at QB and the fact that Philly will be up by 20+ at half time. Just does not add up for AP with the Vikes playing for nothing. I really think Gerhart ends up with more points then AP even if he does play.

It's getting easier to make the call. DDP is day-to-day according to the coach as far as landing on IR.

Interim coach Leslie Frazier said on Tuesday that Peterson will not yet be shut down for the season. "We'll be cautious regarding Adrian, just making sure that he can do the things he has to do the things he has to do in order to perform before we put him back out there,"

Take it for what its worth. I'm still cautiousFrom todays twitter chat:

frankmac27 Frank McLaughlin#NFLMobile First things first, AP...are you playing this week?in reply to ↑Adrian Peterson@AdrianPeterson Adrian Peterson@frankmac27 I'm rehabbing. Fully expect to go on Sunday. #NFLMobileAllDayApey AllDayApey@AdrianPeterson What’s happening with your injury and how are you feeling? #nflmobilein reply to ↑Adrian Peterson@AdrianPeterson Adrian Peterson@AllDayApey I'm feeling good. Just taking it one day a time. #NFLMobile

My fingers are crossed that AP plays. In the semis in one league that locks transactions during playoff time, Gerhart is already owned by another team and I was unable to get him via trade earlier this year and my only option is Shonn Greene.

It's getting easier to make the call. DDP is day-to-day according to the coach as far as landing on IR.Interim coach Leslie Frazier said on Tuesday that Peterson will not yet be shut down for the season. "We'll be cautious regarding Adrian, just making sure that he can do the things he has to do the things he has to do in order to perform before we put him back out there,"
day to day for landing on IR?..That's how you read it?...It's not what he said...and ADP chatted earlier he expects to play.

FWIW Rotoworld:

"Adrian Peterson (thigh, knee) wrote on Twitter late Tuesday that he "fully expect(s) to go on Sunday."

"I'm rehabbing," he added. "I'm feeling good. Just taking it one day at a time." Peterson's Week 15 absence marked his first missed game since midseason in 2007. Presumably wanting to finish strong before he asks for a big contract in the offseason, Peterson sure sounds like he's planning to play against the Eagles. Philadelphia ranks 11th against the run."

FWIW Rotoworld:

"Adrian Peterson (thigh, knee) wrote on Twitter late Tuesday that he "fully expect(s) to go on Sunday."

"I'm rehabbing," he added. "I'm feeling good. Just taking it one day at a time." Peterson's Week 15 absence marked his first missed game since midseason in 2007. Presumably wanting to finish strong before he asks for a big contract in the offseason, Peterson sure sounds like he's planning to play against the Eagles. Philadelphia ranks 11th against the run."
I just came here to post the same thing. ADP's a gamer so I wouldn't be surprised if he plays, but I have no idea if the Vikings staff will let him or not.

Is Webb playing?Ramsey? -> Cut by the Saints for Chase Daniel.Webb was so very, very bad... and didn't seem very smart or heady. How can this guy not understand that a rookie QB's best friends are his Tight End and RB on the screens and dumpoffs?And how could the Vikes not understand that even if losing by 20 the best thing to do for a rookie QB is let him hand off? And in that weather? See Chuck Foreman, circa 1976 for what would have been the right way to have called that game.The playcalling and game management is as scarey as the alleged "injury".I am looking at Choice and Moreno as options to start over ADP/Gerhart.
Based on what?Based on his just showing up out of nowhere last week?It's a night game. So if I leave ADP / Gerhart in my lineup and it's Webb.... well, it's going to be an ugly night. Sacks, 3nOuts, picks......and then maybe Gerhart subs in to rest ADP in an unwinnable game? Yikes.This is also not a very nice matchup like Buffalo in the HHH dome. This is Philly, at Philly, and they just did a very nice job holding down Bradshaw and Jacobs in a game that the Giants scored 31 points.

I'm sitting him but only because I have Forte coming in off the bench. Have to start two RBs and have AP, McCoy, Forte and Stewart as options. With AP's game being Sunday night no way I'm going to sit a viable option and risk a goose egg later.

Based on what?Based on his just showing up out of nowhere last week?It's a night game. So if I leave ADP / Gerhart in my lineup and it's Webb.... well, it's going to be an ugly night. Sacks, 3nOuts, picks......and then maybe Gerhart subs in to rest ADP in an unwinnable game? Yikes.This is also not a very nice matchup like Buffalo in the HHH dome. This is Philly, at Philly, and they just did a very nice job holding down Bradshaw and Jacobs in a game that the Giants scored 31 points.
Yeah I think he'll play this week if not next week for sure. Just have a feeling he doesn't want to be remembered going out of the game with a concussion.

Adrian Peterson-RB- Vikings Dec. 22 - 2:27 pm et

Interim coach Leslie Frazier expressed some pessimism about Adrian Peterson (thigh, knee) after the running back missed practice Wednesday.

Frazier described the injuries: "Very, very sore, lots of pain and makes it difficult to turn, twist and do the things Adrian Peterson does." Peterson is considered day to day, and will be evaluated throughout the week. Fantasy owners should be sure to have Toby Gerhart ready, because the Vikings have a late game in Week 16. Peterson is likely to be listed as questionable. :thumbdown:

I'd like to think the extra week off will have helped to heal that bruise. Really how do you sit out over a bruise? It's all fishy to me. I wonder if the coaching staff is holding info on AP that he needs offseason surgery but they don't want to let the cat out of the bag. It doesn't surprise me that he didn't practice Wenesday.

The next 2 days are going to be critical. I hate the late Sunday matchup that exposes ADP owners to a gametime scratch. If you have an inkling of starting ADP, you need to have a Falcon, Saint, Eagle, or Viking that you can flex in that's worth a salt or you risk a goose egg. I am holding on to a semi-worthless J. Avant if I fall for the ADP bait and am chasing a few extra points.

:lmao:

My league has a Handcuff Rule where you can pre-assign a cuff to any injured player. So if I wanted to, can cuff Peterson with Stewart tonight and if Peterson sits, I get Stewart's Thurs stats. Exactly for situations like this.

My league has a Handcuff Rule where you can pre-assign a cuff to any injured player. So if I wanted to, can cuff Peterson with Stewart tonight and if Peterson sits, I get Stewart's Thurs stats. Exactly for situations like this.
Stewart vs Pitt is not a matchup I would want for my Finals. This could be a 24-3 game.

Owner just submitted his lineup with Gerhart, and he doesn't have AP. needless to say, I hope AP starts.

In reading everything that is out, it looks like a true GTD. I think if he can play, he will, despite what some others think about the team protecting him.

Impressed by the posters who sat him last week and are still alive. kudos. Definitely following your posts in the future.

It's for third place, but I am sitting AP for Torain or a WR.

Users who are viewing this thread