What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ahmad Bradshaw Out Indefinitely (1 Viewer)

GDogg

Footballguy
Ahmad Bradshaw - RB - GiantsAhmad Bradshaw has a cracked bone in his foot and is out indefinitely, a source tells the Newark Star-Ledger.Source: Newark Star-LedgerNov 3 - 12:18 PM
Pick up Ware?

Ahmad Bradshaw - RB - Giants

Ahmad Bradshaw has a cracked bone in his foot and is out indefinitely,

a source tells the Newark Star-Ledger.

Source: Newark Star-Ledger

Nov 3 - 12:18 PM

Ahmad Bradshaw - RB - GiantsAhmad Bradshaw has a cracked bone in his foot and is out indefinitely, a source tells the Newark Star-Ledger.Source: Newark Star-LedgerNov 3 - 12:18 PM
Pick up Ware?
And/or Jacobs if he is somehow available in shallower leagues..He is in my 10 team league.

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely bump Eli and the WR. I don’t see them trusting Ware or Scott with heavy workloads, and I definitely don’t trust Jacobs to take advantage of the opportunity and flourish.

Definitely bump Eli and the WR. I don’t see them trusting Ware or Scott with heavy workloads, and I definitely don’t trust Jacobs to take advantage of the opportunity and flourish.
But clearly, somebody has to carry the rock. I also don't see Jacobs getting 20-25 carries, so will it be Ware or Scott that gets the balance? Any Giants homers care to weigh in? I'm familiar with Scott from his time at Maryland. He's pretty similar to Bradshaw - smaller, but thick, shifty back with really good speed. No clue about Ware.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Ware this week, but Scott has unreal speed and looked impressive in the preseason. Ware is a guy coughlin trusts and coughlin isn't big on playing rookies, but scott is deadly on a draw or check down.

I think Ware this week, but Scott has unreal speed and looked impressive in the preseason. Ware is a guy coughlin trusts and coughlin isn't big on playing rookies, but scott is deadly on a draw or check down.
Rotoworld is quoting the Newark Ledger saying that Jacobs is set to carry the load this weekend. FWIW.

Why wouldn't Jacobs be next in line to get the majority of the snaps?
I'm assuming his role won't change and they'll insert ware (and mix in some scott). My prediction is that Jacobs will be his usual self but Scott will emerge as a big play threat the giants running game has been missing.

Ware has been talked about for some time here but he hasn't exactly flourished. The Giants do know how to scout RBs though, they cut/traded Ryan Grant a few years ago, unearthed Braddy, saw Derrick Ward have a career year. Danny Ware was supposed to continue that lineage but hasn't exactly lit the world on fire in his limited reps.

The Giants line isn't what it was but it is gelling.

Full caveats.

Really tough schedule upcoming, so there's that to think about. 4 of the next five

@ New England

@ SF

vs. Green Bay

@ NOLA

Not that anyone but SF has a great defense, my fear is that with the offense they'll be trailing and thus chucking. You're looking for a checkdown guy here and if Ware can help out of blitz protect and slip out and be that guy, I like him.

I don't know much about Scott as a fan, and to me, reading into THIS preseason is trickier than ever given its short nature. Burst is burst and speed is speed though.

I'm going to guess its Ware's job to lose. Put it this way, I just added Ware in 3 leagues and Scott in none. Doesn't make me smart or a super home, just where I would see the tea leaves going. If Scott came out of nowhere this weekend, as Braddy did once upon a time, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised. I expect SOMEONE to pound the ball and try to control clock against New England.

This weekend, if they can, they'll try to run the ball 35 times I'm sure. My guess.

18 carries for Jacobs

12 carries for Ware

5 carries for Scott

I think he is, but the speculation is that the Giants do not believe that Jacobs can carry the load himself as he's had a pretty significant injury history. So, someone is needed to fill Ahmad Bradshaw's role.

I'm adding Ware over Jacobs. I've watched Jacobs try to catch passes as early as this past week and he hasn't exactly been lighting it up.

I'm assuming his role won't change and they'll insert ware (and mix in some scott). My prediction is that Jacobs will be his usual self but Scott will emerge as a big play threat the giants running game has been missing.
so you think jacobs will continue to get 8 carries/game? what is this based on?

Watching every snap of giants football for the past 10 years including going to training camp each year.

Jacobs might get 12 carriers instead of 8, but you'll see a much similar role for him. I'm also assuming he is rostered already so I'm trying to debate ware vs. scott. Ware short term, scott long term.

Watching every snap of giants football for the past 10 years including going to training camp each year. Jacobs might get 12 carriers instead of 8, but you'll see a much similar role for him. I'm also assuming he is rostered already so I'm trying to debate ware vs. scott. Ware short term, scott long term.
How long term is long term? Who is the better pick up? Or both if you have roster room?

Watching every snap of giants football for the past 10 years including going to training camp each year. Jacobs might get 12 carriers instead of 8, but you'll see a much similar role for him. I'm also assuming he is rostered already so I'm trying to debate ware vs. scott. Ware short term, scott long term.
who plays inside the 5 yard line? previously bradshaw got most of those snaps. if jacobs gets 5 more carries a game and the scoring opps then he is a very worthwhile fantasy player, esp given the attrition at rb this yr.

How long term is long term? Who is the better pick up? Or both if you have roster room?
Ware (& even andre brown) are just guys. Scott looks special - in training camp & preseason. So you have Ware - opportunity but m'eh talent vs. Scott - low opportunity vs. talent/speed. I just rostered Scott b/c Ware won't start for me over my other RBs and he might put up 8-10 Fantasy points, but there is a chance Scott explodes over the next few weeks.

Jacobs value definitely is on the rise but the schedule looks pretty tough. I bump Eli and the WR's up a little too as I think they will now throw more.

9 Nov 06 NYG @ NE

10 Nov 13 NYG @ SF

11 Nov 20 PHI @ NYG

12 Nov 28 NYG @ NO

13 Dec 04 GB @ NYG

14 Dec 11 NYG @ DAL

15 Dec 18 WAS @ NYG

16 Dec 24 NYG @ NYJ

17 Jan 01 DAL @ NYG

I'm adding Ware over Jacobs. I've watched Jacobs try to catch passes as early as this past week and he hasn't exactly been lighting it up.
Jacobs was running pretty well before he got injured a few weeks back.
My recollection from having had him in fantasy in past years is that his effectiveness is significantly reduced wen he is dealing with an injury, maybe this is hearsay though. When I've watched him this year he looks like a lesser version of himself.

Considering the three-headed RBBC potential here, I'm going to stay away. No desire to drop my current lottery ticket pickups for a 10-40 type of guy.

i dont see how any of those guys are fantasy viable without a jacobs injury as well.
Giants have a little something going on offense right now as an air attack and Jacobs doesn't fit that mold as a plodder. I don't know if Ware or Scott has the skills as an every down or close to everydown NFL back right now, we know Jacobs does, but his presence sort of telegraph's the offense a bit. He had a BIT of success on passes out of the backfield, but is no where near the checkdown option these other guys are.

who plays inside the 5 yard line? previously bradshaw got most of those snaps. if jacobs gets 5 more carries a game and the scoring opps then he is a very worthwhile fantasy player, esp given the attrition at rb this yr.
Jacobs is a terrible short yardage back - lost that role to bradshaw last year. He can't find room on the goalline, but they will continue to give him attempts, so he would be my choice of the 3 but maybe b/c I'm in NY, all leagues I'm in, jacobs has been rostered all year.

i dont see how any of those guys are fantasy viable without a jacobs injury as well.
Giants have a little something going on offense right now as an air attack and Jacobs doesn't fit that mold as a plodder. I don't know if Ware or Scott has the skills as an every down or close to everydown NFL back right now, we know Jacobs does, but his presence sort of telegraph's the offense a bit. He had a BIT of success on passes out of the backfield, but is no where near the checkdown option these other guys are.
:goodposting:

For those keeping track of my first 5 picks this year in my redraft league...

Round 1 - Darren McFadden

Round 2 - Andre Johnson

Round 3 - Ahmad Bradshaw

Round 4 - Vincent Jackson

Round 5 - Kenny Britt

It's been one of those years.

Jacobs is a terrible short yardage back - lost that role to bradshaw last year. He can't find room on the goalline, but they will continue to give him attempts, so he would be my choice of the 3 but maybe b/c I'm in NY, all leagues I'm in, jacobs has been rostered all year.
I'm picking up Ware and Scott. Dropping Ricky Williams and Redman.

Brandon Jacobs is "set to carry the load" in Sunday's game against the Patriots, according the Newark Star-Ledger.

Jacobs has been griping about his meager role behind Ahmad Bradshaw (foot), so now it's time to prove he's still got gas left in the tank. He'll start going forward and is a strong bet for 15-18 touches weekly, including all the goal-line work. Danny Ware will serve as the third-down back. If Jacobs was dropped in your league, scoop him back up as a potential RB2/flex play.

Ha! 15-18 touches! I'm sure his knee will be able to handle that. :sarcasm:

For those keeping track of my first 5 picks this year in my redraft league...Round 1 - Darren McFaddenRound 2 - Andre JohnsonRound 3 - Ahmad BradshawRound 4 - Vincent Jackson Round 5 - Kenny BrittIt's been one of those years.
Nope sorry, wasn't keeping track of your picks.

Incredible! I drafted DMC, Bradshaw, Hightower, and Stewart in a league that has 14 roster slots. My starting RBs this week are Ware and Taiwan Jones. And I'm still favored, according to Yahoo! :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread