What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

All Aboard the Rainey Trainey (2 Viewers)

Todem said:
Doug Martin....since that 50 plus point outburst his rookie season has done what since then...save for being hurt?
Since that 50 point outburst...

24-138 5.8ypc

28-128 4.6ypc

28-142 5.1ypc

29-144 5.0ypc

20-88 4.4ypc

T with T said:
Rainey produces everytime he is out there...
Every time! Like, for instance...

18-35 1.9ypc

17-63 3.7ypc

11-25 2.5ypc

20-37 1.9ypc

11-35 3.2ypc

Every time! If by "every time" we mean he's done well in 3 of his 8 starts.
Give me TD's and reception numbers after that 50 point game too.....please. I want to see it again.Point being is...his stating gig is in serious jeopardy IMO. He has done nothing to gain the confidence of this coaching staff.
Nothing other than being the starter for all of training camp, preseason, the first game and still gets all of the first team reps over Rainey in practice after the first game. But yeah if Rainey gets you a nice fantasy game im pretty sure that will be enough to bench Doug Martin.

Todem said:
Doug Martin....since that 50 plus point outburst his rookie season has done what since then...save for being hurt?
Since that 50 point outburst...

24-138 5.8ypc

28-128 4.6ypc

28-142 5.1ypc

29-144 5.0ypc

20-88 4.4ypc

T with T said:

18-35 1.9ypc

17-63 3.7ypc

11-25 2.5ypc

20-37 1.9ypc

11-35 3.2ypc

Since that 50 point outburst:

Martin= 301 carries for 1125 yards 3.74 ypc, 42 rec for 300 yards and 5 total TDs

Rainey's averaged 4.1 over his career with TB with 7 TDs on only 196 touches.

T with T said:

18-35 1.9ypc

17-63 3.7ypc

11-25 2.5ypc

20-37 1.9ypc

11-35 3.2ypc

Since that 50 point outburst:

Martin= 301 carries for 1125 yards 3.74 ypc, 42 rec for 300 yards and 5 total TDs

Rainey's averaged 4.1 over his career with TB with 7 TDs on only 196 touches.
A few points.

1) I noticed you didn't mention your original point that "he produces every time". I guess we can agree that 37% of the time isn't "every time"?

2) Rainey's average as a starter is 3.8 ypc. I'm sure that will go up against Atlanta tonight, but for now it's equal to Martin's with us intentionally cherry picking the time span to most hurt Martin.

3) It's somewhat comical that people are so quick to remove Martin's couple of really good games but completely unwilling to do the same with his couple outlier bad games. Removing his one really bad game he's run for 4.1 since that 50 point game.

People seem to be operating under the notion that Martin has played poorly ever since that 50 pointer while Rainey has come in and played well ever since then. The reality is that people are focusing on a couple of really bad games by Martin while ignoring a plethora of good ones while at the same time focusing on a couple of really good games by Rainey while ignoring the plethora of bad ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. Sometimes we outsmart ourselves. After I put him in I thought, "Ya know visiting teams on Thursday suck."

Like I said, too smart sometimes for our own good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh, the only solace I take is that I also started Ryan and Julio.

Need Rainey to score a TD or ATL might not throw the ball again.

Lol Rainey is looking pretty good, amirite?

To be fair to the Rain men, he was unreasonably pumped up by fantasy analysts.

Basically every "train" on the Bucs has been derailed. Anyone banking on a Tampa Bay running back this year is screwed. Hopefully this thread and the Doug Martin thread fall off of page 1 now. Amazing it's gotten this much action for so long.

I picked this bum up and started him when I heard Martin was definitely out.

What a ####### bum.

(I'm the idiot who took Peterson, Martin, Ben Tate, and Ingram in this draft though)

Basically every "train" on the Bucs has been derailed. Anyone banking on a Tampa Bay running back this year is screwed. Hopefully this thread and the Doug Martin thread fall off of page 1 now. Amazing it's gotten this much action for so long.
Doug Martin was a low end RB2 on last year's trainwreck. Still have some hope left out for him.

Users who are viewing this thread