What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

American Horror Story: Season 4 Freak Show (1 Viewer)

Honestly...I think a large part of why this show and many others are fizzing out in the second half us because there's a second half.

You get into a storyline and mindset...then the show goes on hiatus for weeks...then comes back at that same mindset and we've moved on. It's all one storyline but breaking it kills it.

Honestly...I think a large part of why this show and many others are fizzing out in the second half us because there's a second half.

You get into a storyline and mindset...then the show goes on hiatus for weeks...then comes back at that same mindset and we've moved on. It's all one storyline but breaking it kills it.
The only break AHS took was for Christmas and New Years.

TheIronSheik said:
tdoss said:

The only break AHS took was for Christmas and New Years.
Damn...then it must've been the story...cause it felt like this thing took a month off near the end.

Dickies said:
I didn't feel like this season had much of a storyline from the start.
I think it started without a story and was just entertainment. There was basically no purpose to Twisty going around killing people, yet that was the most entertaining part of the entire season. His character was great. Then they tried to get a storyline going and it fizzled, not to mention killing him off the way they did was dumb.

Dandy's character was also great.

it was still mostly entertaining, but could have been so so so much better.

I liked this season to a point. However for me it was more about the "freak" show and the strange sexual things that turned me off a bit. Just don't care much for the exploitation part. I watched The Elephant Man when I was pretty young and I think my views will always be effected by that.

Otherwise I loved the acting and thought certain parts of the story-line were interesting enough.

What did you guys think about Two-Faced Edward Mordrake? I liked the character and the premise. I think they didn't execute his involvement as well as they could have.

I think it started without a story and was just entertainment. There was basically no purpose to Twisty going around killing people, yet that was the most entertaining part of the entire season. His character was great. Then they tried to get a storyline going and it fizzled, not to mention killing him off the way they did was dumb.
I think there was a purpose to Twisty killing people and then dying. Dandy thought Twisty was the best thing ever, and when Twisty died, and Dandy put on Twisty's mask, Dandy's inner psycho killer self was released.

I think there was a purpose to Twisty killing people and then dying. Dandy thought Twisty was the best thing ever, and when Twisty died, and Dandy put on Twisty's mask, Dandy's inner psycho killer self was released.
Been cooler to see em work together.

I liked this season to a point. However for me it was more about the "freak" show and the strange sexual things that turned me off a bit. Just don't care much for the exploitation part. I watched The Elephant Man when I was pretty young and I think my views will always be effected by that.

Otherwise I loved the acting and thought certain parts of the story-line were interesting enough.

What did you guys think about Two-Faced Edward Mordrake? I liked the character and the premise. I think they didn't execute his involvement as well as they could have.
Well, it's called "Freak" show, lol.

I liked the two face guy, but preferred he just be alive rather than a ghost. \

Honestly, the show needed more freaks and more weirdness. I hope that doesnt make me sound like a bad person :scared:

Yeah I agree there was a point to twisty dying. I just that they did it too early b/c, well, he was awesome and his whole back story was pretty dumb.

I think what made me not enjoy this season nearly as much as the first two, or even the third, was the complete disarray of story lines and lack of any real antagonist and protagonist.

This season was much better than Season 3 imo. I actually liked the ending, thought it ended on a solid note and found the right tempo for inserting the optimistic outlook that this show is so good at throwing in at just the rigt time to make this more than an exploitation show.

Jessica Lange needs to start doing other things imo. She's just too talented to keep her hidden away in a cable series. She really needs to find an epic movie role to cement her legacy imo. Would be great to see it happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
This season was much better than Season 3 imo. I actually liked the ending, thought it ended on a solid note and found the right tempo for inserting the optimistic outlook that this show is so good at throwing in at just the rigt time to make this more than an exploitation show.

Jessica Lange needs to start doing other things imo. She's just too talented to keep her hidden away in a cable series. She really needs to find an epic movie role to cement her legacy imo. Would be great to see it happen.
you really think Jessica Lange hasnt done a ton in hollywood already? Plus i wouldnt say she is hidden away on this show considering she keeps winning emmys for it.

you really think Jessica Lange hasnt done a ton in hollywood already? Plus i wouldnt say she is hidden away on this show considering she keeps winning emmys for it.
I'm talking the big screen. Does anyone even watch the emmy's? No, I don't think the general prlerception of her is a as a phenomenal actress. More like a dime a dozen with a nervous breakdown thrown in for good measure.

I'm talking the big screen. Does anyone even watch the emmy's? No, I don't think the general prlerception of her is a as a phenomenal actress. More like a dime a dozen with a nervous breakdown thrown in for good measure.
shes won an academy award and been nominated for several others

shes won an academy award and been nominated for several others
Super. Thanks for the argument. You win?

I would like to see her in a great role in a movie in the future. She has been phenomenal in this series in a way I've never seen her before.

Users who are viewing this thread