What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

American Horror Story: Season 4 Freak Show (2 Viewers)

I thought the threesome with the two headed girl was one of the craziest things I've seen on TV, and then he goes and gets the doll. :lmao:

I've never really watched anything Neil Patrick Harris has been in but he's doing a great job in this.

Mixed feelings about this season. Still way better than last season though. Last episode was pretty solid. NPH plays a solid psycho! :thumbup:

Capella said:
shadyridr said:
That sawing scene was sick
Yea that doll is some sick Calvin and Hobbes ####.
That was crazy. Network TV would never go that far. Really bad time for a commercial right there, even though I fast-forwarded on my dvr. It took away from the horror of that scene.

Far better than last season. But again the show IMO is sputtering badly after a great 2/3 of the season.

It just ends up going nowhere.

Nothing will ever sniff the incredible season one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Far better than last season. But again the show IMO is sputtering badly after a great 2/3 of the season.

It just ends up going nowhere.

Nothing will ever sniff the incredible season one.
Why was season one incredible? I thought it was good but I think we make more of it at the time it was on because we didnt know this would be an anthology type series. It really did blow our minds when the daughter was dead. We were all wondering what was next. Now people get killed every episode and its really not a big deal because we know next season they will be a completely different character.

I actually haven't enjoyed this season much at all. Disjointed, doesn't make sense, not going anywhere, people coming and going randomly. It's actually quite terrible but somehow compelling.

I actually haven't enjoyed this season much at all. Disjointed, doesn't make sense, not going anywhere, people coming and going randomly. It's actually quite terrible but somehow compelling.
I agree with everything except for the "but" part. I still think the past 3 seasons have been trying too hard to shock, and they've been failing miserably. I actually just rewatched the first season and I enjoyed it the second time better than any other season the first time. I pretty much only watch this show for two reasons now. 1) My old lady watches it, so I do too. 2) I kind of want to see how they wrap this all together. I'm hoping the payoff is there. Not counting on it, but I'm really pulling for them.

I agree with everything except for the "but" part. I still think the past 3 seasons have been trying too hard to shock, and they've been failing miserably. I actually just rewatched the first season and I enjoyed it the second time better than any other season the first time. I pretty much only watch this show for two reasons now. 1) My old lady watches it, so I do too. 2) I kind of want to see how they wrap this all together. I'm hoping the payoff is there. Not counting on it, but I'm really pulling for them.
How could anyone not love this weeks episode..some major payoff...

How could anyone not love this weeks episode..some major payoff...
:shrug: Just very boring to me.

For me, I think this show has just run its course. There isn't anything overtly terrible about it in and of itself. It's just more of the same.

Sarah Paulson's performance is, without a doubt, the best thing going for this show. Yet I find it's always the last thing on my DVR to get watched. In fact, I didn't even consciously realize it, but I started watching The Sopranos for the first time Wednesday night and completely forgot about this week's episode being on the DVR even though it was the only thing on the DVR! I think that's as good a sign as any that this will be the last season I watch.

The show was over for me when they turned that amazingly awesome murderous clown into a sympathy character. That honestly is the worst piece of writing I've ever seen on tv and I used to watch CBS sitcoms.

"Oh I'm sorry our mass murdering sociopathic clown is actually a good guy.

Get ####ed.

There were a few clunkers in the middle of the season but the last two episodes, especially this past week, have been great. I love this season and it might be as good as the first. We'll see how they wrap it up.

There were a few clunkers in the middle of the season but the last two episodes, especially this past week, have been great. I love this season and it might be as good as the first. We'll see how they wrap it up.
I'm with you, jamny. Some episodes have been stronger than others, but that is the norm with all shows. Overall, I've enjoyed watching these freaks over the last several weeks.

The show was over for me when they turned that amazingly awesome murderous clown into a sympathy character. That honestly is the worst piece of writing I've ever seen on tv and I used to watch CBS sitcoms.

Get ####ed.
this is where the show lost me this year too. Can't figure out why they thought that was the way to go. I'm still pulling hard for the show though. A sucky American Horror Season is better then 95% of the other stuff on TV

So Dandy just walked around shooting everyone with no one realizing it...and with a five shot golden revolver and no apparent reload.

tdoss said:
So Dandy just walked around shooting everyone with no one realizing it...and with a five shot golden revolver and no apparent reload.
Yeah, I liked Dandy and the scene, but the whole time I'm thinking "He's gotta reload right?".

Great potential for this season with the theme but it just fizzled half way through.

Finale was pretty weak. The pacing of this show is terrible. Dandy was awesome but his death was nothing special. I don't know why I watch this show other than there are midgets in it and my wife watches it.

tdoss said:
Yeah, I liked Dandy and the scene, but the whole time I'm thinking "He's gotta reload right?".

Great potential for this season with the theme but it just fizzled half way through.
he couldve reloaded off screen. His death was SO disappointing.

Show started GREAT, ended up good.

Honestly, could have been 10x better had they kept the Clown active all the way through and kept cycling in more freaks (even if CGI'd like the twins). I mean, it was a freakshow and we didn't see much of a freakshow.

Still a good show though, and look forward to season 5. I still havent seen season 3, and probably won't based on reviews, plus I don't care nearly as much for the content of that one.

Get ####ed.
this is where the show lost me this year too. Can't figure out why they thought that was the way to go. I'm still pulling hard for the show though. A sucky American Horror Season is better then 95% of the other stuff on TV
just because you can empathize with him and understand what made him the way he is, doesn't make him "good."

The pre-finale episode was great, but the finale was weak. Lange is a great actress, but here character this year was not very well written and she didn't do anything to save it either. Too much focus on that character in the finale.

overall, better than the mess that Season 3 became, but not up to the standard of the first two seasons

Agreed...Season 1 and 2 are far better than the disaster of 3 and the fizzled flame out of 4. I thought 4 was great and mid-season it became garbage.

Huge letdown after such a strong start. The finale was worthless.

It's getting to the point where there's just too much other good TV on for me to continue to keep watching this show. For four seasons in a row I've watched it fade down the stretch. It'll take something very special to bring me back to it.

Rumors are that next season will be about secret military drug testing/human experiments in the 50's

This season was awful. I really like S1, and S2 was good, but the last 2 seasons have been a struggle to watch. The only part of this show I really liked was Twisty, and once he was out of the picture it started to drag.

This season was awful. I really like S1, and S2 was good, but the last 2 seasons have been a struggle to watch. The only part of this show I really liked was Twisty, and once he was out of the picture it started to drag.
Agreed. My problem is the GF likes the show which means I get stuck watching it. Ugh, at least it's better than the new Dallas was.

Rumors are that next season will be about secret military drug testing/human experiments in the 50's
That would suck,they already touched on that with "Asylum"

I'd rather they go back to good old fashioned haunted (house,warehouse,forest,ship,skyscraper,whatever,etc)

Can anyone explain to me why the lady who's dad tattooed her and shaved her hair, never had her hair grow back? Seems like shaving her head should have been a temporary thing.

Users who are viewing this thread