What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

And so it begins: Colts hint at limiting their starters (1 Viewer)

whodeywhodey

Footballguy
Colts coach Jim Caldwell was vague Monday when asked about his plans to use front-line players in Week 16 against the Jets.

Caldwell did say "for a guy to be excluded from the game, it will be a health issue," but guarded that by adding "I could not tell you exactly...whether a guy is going to play one series or the entire game." Peyton Manning, Dallas Clark, and Reggie Wayne are all going to be very risky fantasy bets in an already difficult matchup. Pierre Garcon is also dealing with a hand injury, making it possible that he'll be held out entirely.
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...NFL&id=1493What do you do if you have Colts' players in the Fantasy Football Championship this week? Yikes!

Benching Dallas Clark for Fred Davis in the finals.

Considering the Indy matchup is against the Jets, this isn't even a decision I will second guess.

Colts coach Jim Caldwell was vague Monday when asked about his plans to use front-line players in Week 16 against the Jets.

Caldwell did say "for a guy to be excluded from the game, it will be a health issue," but guarded that by adding "I could not tell you exactly...whether a guy is going to play one series or the entire game." Peyton Manning, Dallas Clark, and Reggie Wayne are all going to be very risky fantasy bets in an already difficult matchup. Pierre Garcon is also dealing with a hand injury, making it possible that he'll be held out entirely.
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...NFL&id=1493What do you do if you have Colts' players in the Fantasy Football Championship this week? Yikes!
This has already been posted recently here

Benching Addai for Wells but I just can't seem to bench Manning for Cassel. I think Manning stays in until it's a win, that might mean trying to go up big early. Maybe Garcon is a good play too.

I am pretty happy the guy I am playing in the finals has Manning and Wayne. His back up to Manning is Jason Campbell. :shrug:

:X

As of now, thinking of playing MSW and Bowe instead of Wayne

Last edited by a moderator:
Jets are a very tough, physical D. It might actually make sense to limit the starters in this game. Jets will bring it this week.

If you dont play Peyton Manning in week 16....you aren't using all your brain cells.
:shrug: I have Romo as my backup playing against a WAS team that got killed by Eli last night. Or I can go with Manning who plays a VERY stout NYJ pass defense and, oh yeah, may only play two quarters. No brainer IMO....

If you dont play Peyton Manning in week 16....you aren't using all your brain cells.
:shrug: I have Romo as my backup playing against a WAS team that got killed by Eli last night. Or I can go with Manning who plays a VERY stout NYJ pass defense and, oh yeah, may only play two quarters. No brainer IMO....
peyton is on fire and can light up the jets easily, IMO.I have Alex smith vs detroit waiting in the wings, hopefully Caldwell sheds more light on the situation

don't forget, the Jets are fighting for the playoffs. If they keep it close in this game, the Colts have no choice but to keep Manning and probably Wayne in the game. Letting the second-string players start against the Jets will invite ridicule from other teams also fighting for playoff berths.

don't forget, the Jets are fighting for the playoffs. If they keep it close in this game, the Colts have no choice but to keep Manning and probably Wayne in the game. Letting the second-string players start against the Jets will invite ridicule from other teams also fighting for playoff berths.
Doubt the colts care, and this hasnt stop teams from resting players before.

Doubt the colts care, and this hasnt stop teams from resting players before.
good point.

manning owner facing addia and clark.

heres hoping they all sit, got alex smith on the bench. looks like my opponent doesnt really have back up options at TE nor RB.

I'm Wayne - Opponent's Manning and Clark.

I think I am going to bench Wayne. 1) Possible not full playing time. 2) Revis

My bench is thin, but I think I can find a more productive starter for this game. Go Rest Colts!!!

No way colts rest players, unless it's a blow out.

1) Colts going for history

2) Playoff failures in the past have been blamed on too much rest

3) Colts do have an off week with the bye, so there is time to rest players

4) Momentum going into the playoffs is important, therefore no reason to slow this train down

So given the above, if I have Manning, Wayne or Clark = must start unless i have much BETTER options

No way colts rest players, unless it's a blow out. 1) Colts going for history2) Playoff failures in the past have been blamed on too much rest3) Colts do have an off week with the bye, so there is time to rest players4) Momentum going into the playoffs is important, therefore no reason to slow this train downSo given the above, if I have Manning, Wayne or Clark = must start unless i have much BETTER options
I guess this guy knows more thn Jim Caldwell does

No way colts rest players, unless it's a blow out. 1) Colts going for history2) Playoff failures in the past have been blamed on too much rest3) Colts do have an off week with the bye, so there is time to rest players4) Momentum going into the playoffs is important, therefore no reason to slow this train downSo given the above, if I have Manning, Wayne or Clark = must start unless i have much BETTER options
Caldwell hasn't said one way or the other what he's going to do, and why should he?

Looks like Donald Brown returned to practice yesterday too. As if things weren't already confusing enough with Addai. Having Addai heading into my Championship game this week, I was tempted to make a play for Hart, but who knows now. I would almost think they would want to save Brown too, but they also might want to get him a few carries before it really counts. I have a bad feeling about Addai though. I had it last week too and to no fault of his own, he put up a mediocre game since it turned into a pass fest. Man, I hate when these guys all get you there, but then you can't use them for the finals!

I dont want to hijack the thread BUT

Lets say the Colts players all play. What is the move if you have Wayne going against Revis

if the colt "starters" play less than a full game, does that mean more burn for Collie or no??
I think so. Especially with Garcon's minor hand injury from last week. Garcon could sit the whole game and who really knows about Wayne. What if Collie basically becomes WR1 in the second quarter/half and then has Revis covering him though? Maybe with Painter tossing to him!

I have no fear starting Manning this week ... Peyton's a trooper and has Brady's perfect season in his sights ... no way he doesn't play the whole game and overtime too if it came to that ... :confused:

:lmao:

I wouldn't trust him. He could never figure out all the hijinks that Jack, Janet, and even dumb-dumb Chrissy were up to. He spent to much time down at the Regal Beagal with Larry. :lmao:

I could actually see the Colts resting players more in Week 16 than in 17. They know they have a first-round bye. So if they sit them in Weeks 16 and 17, they'll have three weeks off. And that will do too much to disrupt things.

So I could see them sitting them in Week 16, but then coming back and playing in Week 17 before their first-round bye.

The way the colts played last week, I dont see any possible reason that they bench players until (unless) they get up big.

Horrible matchup for the Colts this week vs NYJ anyway. Jets are very well suited to give Indy fits. This might be a blessing in disguise for Colts owners who needed an excuse to bench a stud.

I don't think #2 is true, and i'm positive #4 isn't true.

Horrible matchup for the Colts this week vs NYJ anyway. Jets are very well suited to give Indy fits. This might be a blessing in disguise for Colts owners who needed an excuse to bench a stud.
Couldn't the same be said about the Jets? The Colts are a nasty matchup for the Jets. The Jets D hasn't seen much of this kind of offense this year. Brady and Brees is about it. But this is Indy in Indy. And Peyton sliced up the #2 D against the pass (Denver), handing them over 25% of their passing TD's given up for the year with 4.

Couldn't the same be said about the Jets? The Colts are a nasty matchup for the Jets. The Jets D hasn't seen much of this kind of offense this year. Brady and Brees is about it. But this is Indy in Indy. And Peyton sliced up the #2 D against the pass (Denver), handing them over 25% of their passing TD's given up for the year with 4.
exactly. Peyton wants it and is on fire right now

Oh. Well if Peyton wants it, then I guess that's all the matters.Unless of course, the Jets defense really really wants it.

No. Indy relies on Wayne and Clark HEAVILY. Revis can limit Wayne greatly, and the Jets also have the linebackers and safeties to limit Clark. They have done very well vs #1 WRs and TEs all year. Garcon is banged up, and Collie is unreliable. The run game cannot be leaned on either. Throw in the Jets' power run game that could limit the Colts' time on offense and it's just a very bad matchup for Indy this week.

Oh. Well if Peyton wants it, then I guess that's all the matters.Unless of course, the Jets defense really really wants it.
:bag: I meant the 16-0.

No. Indy relies on Wayne and Clark HEAVILY. Revis can limit Wayne greatly, and the Jets also have the linebackers and safeties to limit Clark. They have done very well vs #1 WRs and TEs all year. Garcon is banged up, and Collie is unreliable. The run game cannot be leaned on either. Throw in the Jets' power run game that could limit the Colts' time on offense and it's just a very bad matchup for Indy this week.
Maybe. But the Jets are facing Peyton in Indy and many similar things could've been said about the matchup of Denver's secondary against the Colts but they gave up 220 and 4 TD's.

He said the same thing last week.The Colts are going for 16-0. If you guys can't see that, I don't know how you can be helped. Last week's game was totally meaningless.......yet the Colts played like a playoff game.

Users who are viewing this thread