What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Andre Ellington - RB - Clemson. (2 Viewers)

I'm sorry but how is sproles ranked 16th and Ellington 23? Sproles has had one decent game and has shown nothing this year and is hurt. If I had both I wouldn't think of starting sproles over Ellington.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody see this: http://blog.azcardinals.com/2013/11/08/the-touchy-subject-with-ellington/

Begining to consider flexing him over Jordy. Previously thought he'd get ~ten touches. 20 would be nice!
Yup, 20 touches would be huge. As mentioned though, the main difference between Ellington and just about everyone else on that list is that Andre doesn't get short yardage/goalline carries (at least yet).
Agreed. This makes it tough to start him in non-ppr leagues over the likes of Shorts and R. Jennings this week. It's boom or bust. Decision is driving me nuts.

Haha. Mendy fumbles on the 5. Idiot

He's a horrible, horrible RB at this stage. it's baffling.

73 yards on 13 touches...not a disaster for those who started him, but still frustrating
didnt start. But VERY frustrating that arians is such an idiotEta mendy should be benched. It should be ellington and taylor out there

How is it not obvious at this point that when Ellington gets involved the offense moves? Mendenhall just runs backwards into the line over and over. Ridiculous.

Wasn't a fantasy killer. He did avg 5 ypc I believe. Just didn't get enough work and happened to not real a long one. Think of him like a Cj spiller 2012. Spiller had some huge games and a lot of average games like this one. But you just can't take him out of your lineup BC you know that he is going to explode on your bench. Unless you have better options that is.

Better days ahead. As expected, the Texans D did a solid job and quite honestly dared Palmer to pass. I was surprised the Cards didn't get him more involved on screen passes though.

Haha. Mendy fumbles on the 5. Idiot

He's a horrible, horrible RB at this stage. it's baffling.
yea pathetic. Ellington actually looked good when he was used... I thought that 20 touches seemed like coach speak miracle... Arians is a complete nut job.

Cardinals coach Bruce Arians told reporters following Sunday's win that Andre Ellington's 13 touches were "plenty."
Asked in his post-game press conference whether the workload was insufficient, Arians replied "No, no I think its right where it needs to be. He had plenty today." Ellington handled the 13 touches, while "starter" Rashard Mendenhall had 14 against the Texans. Despite Arians' claims last week that he wanted 20 touches a game for Ellington, it's now clear they're not committed to that number. Ellington will remain a flex play going forward.

:wall:

Cardinals coach Bruce Arians told reporters following Sunday's win that Andre Ellington's 13 touches were "plenty."

Asked in his post-game press conference whether the workload was insufficient, Arians replied "No, no I think its right where it needs to be. He had plenty today." Ellington handled the 13 touches, while "starter" Rashard Mendenhall had 14 against the Texans. Despite Arians' claims last week that he wanted 20 touches a game for Ellington, it's now clear they're not committed to that number. Ellington will remain a flex play going forward.

:wall:
I want to puke.

What kind of dirt does mendy have on arians? Mendy is by far the worst "starting" rb in the league
It's just becoming sad now...
Ellington: 13 touches, 73 yards, 5.61ypt

Mendy: 14 touches, 51 yards, 3.64ypt

That said, at least now the touches are evenly split. Although, Ellington only had 10 touches prior to Mendy fumbling. Then Mendy was pulled from the game and Ellington got 3 clock running carries. Prior to those carries he had 10 touches for 70 yards or 7ypc. So his YPC was even more ridiculous.

Coach Bruce Arians said there's "no doubt" Rashard Mendenhall remains his starter.

Mendenhall is averaging 3.07 YPC on the season and lost a brutal fourth-quarter fumble in the Week 10 win over the Texans. But Arians' faith in his former pupil from Pittsburgh isn't waning even though Andre Ellington is averaging 7.18 YPC and hasn't lost a fumble this season. Arians on Ellington's 13 Week 10 touches: "I think it's right where it needs to be. He had plenty again today."
Related: Andre Ellington

Source: ESPN.com
Nov 12 - 8:05 AM
I think it's just time to call the local Veterinarian and have them put ole' Bruce down. Clearly he's not right anymore. He's lived a long healthy life, but it's time to let him go.

The problem is they're winning. So he thinks he's doing it right. Oh well. It was a fun idea anyway.

The problem is they're winning. So he thinks he's doing it right.
That certainly has to be the crux of it. And bias against smaller backs. He loved the mediocre Vick Ballard last year, too - undoubtedly since he had some size to him.

You can't make Ellington a work horse back and run him up the middle constantly. I don't think Mendenhall is the answer though to pair with Ellington.

Ellington with 10-15 touches / game will be a top 25 RB.

Ellington vs the Jags w/ Michael Floyd injured = top 10?

Just think the Michael Floyd injury could be a boon. He's day-to-day, but if he doesn't play it could mean more snaps/routes for Ellington. Andre Roberts will be bumped up to #2 WR, while the Cards have been running 3 WR sets ~60% of the time. Who's the current #4 WR in Arizona anyway? Patrick Peterson? Jaron Brown? Maybe Arians remains stubborn but he has to consider splitting Elliington out wide or putting him in the slot more frequently than those two.

Ellington vs the Jags w/ Michael Floyd injured = top 10?
Careful with this. The last couple weeks the Jags D has been playing more inspired than they were at the beginning of the year. Obviously, Ellington will still be in your lineup, but I'd temper expectations a bit. What's good for the Cards is even though they've had plenty of try in them, they are often out of position. I'm thinking that's actually more of a bad thing for Mendy and a good thing for Ellington.

NREC34 said:
You can't make Ellington a work horse back and run him up the middle constantly.
Why not - guys like Charles, Chris Johnson and CJ Spiller who are about the same size can effectively run between the tackles.

NREC34 said:
You can't make Ellington a work horse back and run him up the middle constantly.
Why not - guys like Charles, Chris Johnson and CJ Spiller who are about the same size can effectively run between the tackles.
Maybe Charles but not sure I agree about the other 2.

No brainer start this week. Even with his limited touches, he should hit paydirt vs the Jags.

I can see something like 15 touches for 80+ and a score. With room for much more...

Jags got their win, they're done now. :D

Sure they stopped CJ0.5k, still the 32nd ranked run defense.

Recent history:

@ DEN: Moreno - 15-42-3, 7-62

vs SD: Matthews - 21-110-1; Woodhead - 9-29-1, 4-47

vs SF (London): Gore - 19-71-2, 1-6; Hunter - 9-84

@ TEN: Johnson - 12-30, 5-43

Looks fantasy friendly to me. :shrug:

Posluszny coming off a concussion. Will he play?

Point was the Floyd injury shaking up the status quo. Jag run D is the cherry on top. Potential problem is Mendy could be so effective, Arians has a chubby and runs 21 personnel all day, never taking Mendy off the field.

Mendy looks like a giant tumble weed that moves slower than a paralyzed 3 toed sloth

Arians .. I hope your just waiting to unleash this guy.... he's a fantasy machine when its his time

Users who are viewing this thread