What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Chris Brooks, MIA (1 Viewer)

After Achane got injured late in the last game, Mostert finished out the last 2 series. Not Brooks. With Miami ahead by 15. Not sure why Brooks didn't get a couple of carries ... even Achane got a slow start with only 3 touches in his first game @ NE.

After Achane got injured late in the last game, Mostert finished out the last 2 series. Not Brooks. With Miami ahead by 15. Not sure why Brooks didn't get a couple of carries ... even Achane got a slow start with only 3 touches in his first game @ NE.
15 is two scores, not quite garbage time
And MIA didn't know at the time that Achane would miss 4 games, which they know now, so maybe Mostert is protected more in this game since he is the only sports car in the garage. I think both Brooks and Achane get 5 or more touches.

15 is two scores, not quite garbage time
And MIA didn't know at the time that Achane would miss 4 games, which they know now, so maybe Mostert is protected more in this game since he is the only sports car in the garage. I think both Brooks and Achane get 5 or more touches.
I foresee them using Achane in a Jamaal Charles kind of way. 8-12 touches where he can hit home runs in any game.

Haven't we seen enough of Achmed to know that he's kinda meh?

Feel like he's had a chance a few times and he's done nothing with it.

Rather take a chance with this kid.
Gonna disagree with you….he looked downright nasty before he got hurt. They are two different kind of runners and skill sets.

We want Brooks to leap Wilson Jr which to me he should.

Ahmed is the pass catcher and wheel route guy. He can also squeeze off some chunk yard runs.

Kid is a fighter.

Brooks is also a bowling ball type of runner.

We like em both and so does McDaniel

Ingold is questionable with a foot injury suffered in the last game. I believe that's why Brooks got action as a blocker in the game. That could also be why Tanner Conner was elevated, as he can line up in a blocking position. This makes me think Ahmed is the play for those desperate for a flex.

Gonna disagree with you….he looked downright nasty before he got hurt. They are two different kind of runners and skill sets.

Ahmed is the pass catcher and wheel route guy. He can also squeeze off some chunk yard runs.

Kid is a fighter.

Ok. Interesting. I'm thinking last couple years I feel like he had opportunities to make a dent, but didn't, but I'll defer to those that know more about this guy than I do.

So, let's say Mostert gets banged up, is it Ahmed that jumps into his role (and maybe Brooks takes Wilsons)?

Kid is a fighter.

Ok. Interesting. I'm thinking last couple years I feel like he had opportunities to make a dent, but didn't, but I'll defer to those that know more about this guy than I do.

So, let's say Mostert gets banged up, is it Ahmed that jumps into his role (and maybe Brooks takes Wilsons)?
It would be split….but Ahmed is a very good pass catcher and has some giddy up.

Everything in this offense is all about what package they run that drive.

You will see Ahmed and Mostert in at the same time too like when Achane was healthy.

There won’t be a back that eats a lot…but the chunk plays are what makes this offense special this year. Wanna grind? Brooks is that kind of back. Punishing runner.

So much speed and our OL is playing at a high level.

I grabbed brooks off waivers as well. I didn’t even see if Ahmed was available. Which in hindsight was kind of dumb. But… I’ll stick with the unknown in brooks over Ahmed. I agree with the post above which stated Ahmed is kind of meh even if he has proven himself a reliable rb in a pinch. I just don’t see much upside with him unless mostertand Wilson get hurt. Brooks has a chance at some goal line work in this offense. Easy drop if he doesn’t carve out a meaningful role be fore achane comes back.

I agree with the lotto pick aspect of picking up Brooks. I picked him up because he could be a lotto ticket and really that lotto ticket depends on the health of the other backs ahead of him. Injuries do happen and in my opinion, if there is another injury to the Miami running backs Brooks has an opportunity but even then it's a lotto ticket play I also think Brooks does need a place on a roster as a stash if you have the room and it makes sense for your roster.

Interested to see how and if his work today with JWJ and Achane out. I think he will get Some action in garbage time for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread