What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Andrew Luck Not Practicing Today (1 Viewer)

Mike Freeman is one of a handful of guys speculating that Luck is hiding an injury. Would explain some of his erratic play so far this season.

Looks like all those hits he's been taking behind a crappy line are finally starting to catch up with him. I'm surprised he can even get out of bed in the morning.

If this were a legit Shark Pool thread it would have been titled "Andrew Luck era OVER / Hasselbeck era begins"
I'll try to condense this thread down so it's all covered:

1. Hasselbeck hype train. CHoo Choo!
  2. Andrew Luck. Well, Looks like he screwed us all!
  3. "He's fine!"
  4. "He's Toast!"
  5. Andrew luck is the best player outside randall the touchdown robber cobb take that to the bank brohans
  6. "Anyone hear anything on Luck since I asked 30 seconds ago?"
  7. "Downgrade all Colts?"
  8. "Buy low?"
  9. I'm starting _______ over Andrew Luck this week
  10. "I heard he hurt his finger on an over-inflated ball."
  11. "Free Gordon!"
  12. [insert news reported by Faust]
  13. "I'm no doctor but that sounds like he will be back in two weeks to me."
  14. "I'm no doctor but that sounds like he's done for the year."
  15. "Finally, CMIKE gets the break he's needed!"
  16. Anyone worried the Colts are hiding an injury?
  17. :ptts:
  18. "It's all a plot to motivate Tatum Bell."
  19. Bump Finley

Last edited by a moderator:
Trade deadline coming up, right? Isn't everyone else getting traded to Dallas? Might as well trade Luck too. ;)

If this were a legit Shark Pool thread it would have been titled "Andrew Luck era OVER / Hasselbeck era begins"

3. "He's fine!"
  4. "He's Toast!"
  5. Andrew luck is the best player outside randall the touchdown robber cobb take that to the bank brohans
  8. "Buy low?"
  10. [insert news reported by Faust]
  11. "I'm no doctor but that sounds like he will be back in two weeks to me."
  12. "I'm no doctor but that sounds like he's done for the year."
  13. Anyone worried the Colts are hiding an injury?
  14. :ptts:
  15. Bump Finley
Well played. Other than "this is a ploy to motivate T-tum Bell ", you've got it all covered.

3. "He's fine!"
  4. "He's Toast!"
  8. "Buy low?"
  15. Bump Finley
Well played. Other than "this is a ploy to motivate T-tum Bell ", you've got it all covered.
LOL. Yeah, could try to squeeze in that, some reason why this helps Christine Michael, and a general reference to deflate gate and call it a day.

drew Luck - QB - Colts

Andrew Luck (shoulder) was limited in Wednesday's practice.

Luck is dealing with some soreness in his right (throwing) shoulder and didn't attempt any passes Wednesday in front of the media. He stood off to the side, while Matt Hasselbeck took the reps with the starters. Practice-squadder Alex Tanney worked with the twos. It's something to monitor throughout the week, but the Colts have "supreme confidence" Luck plays against the Jaguars.

Source: Mike Chappell on Twitter

Sep 30 - 1:36 PM

drew Luck - QB - Colts

Andrew Luck (shoulder) was limited in Wednesday's practice.

Luck is dealing with some soreness in his right (throwing) shoulder and didn't attempt any passes Wednesday in front of the media. He stood off to the side, while Matt Hasselbeck took the reps with the starters. Practice-squadder Alex Tanney worked with the twos. It's something to monitor throughout the week, but the Colts have "supreme confidence" Luck plays against the Jaguars.

Source: Mike Chappell on Twitter

Sep 30 - 1:36 PM
"supreme confidence?" well that settles that. Move along, people.

How Grigson has a job, let alone GM in the NFL is beyond reason. Guy has single-handedly wreched a team on the verge of competing in one draft. Not protecting your franchise with draft picks up and down the OL and improving that defense for another WR to try and outscore teams 40-30 is amatuer hour to be kind. The GM deserves to be fired much more than Pagano. Pep is no help either though. Polian would have never put Manning behind an OL like this early in his career (See David Carr).

3. "He's fine!"
  4. "He's Toast!"
  8. "Buy low?"
  15. Bump Finley
LOL. Yeah, could try to squeeze in that, some reason why this helps Christine Michael, and a general reference to deflate gate and call it a day.
16. FREE GORDON!!!

3. "He's fine!"
  4. "He's Toast!"
  8. "Buy low?"
  11. "Free Gordon!"
  19. Bump Finley
You forgot a link of Luck wearing yoga pants.

How Grigson has a job, let alone GM in the NFL is beyond reason. Guy has single-handedly wreched a team on the verge of competing in one draft. Not protecting your franchise with draft picks up and down the OL and improving that defense for another WR to try and outscore teams 40-30 is amatuer hour to be kind. The GM deserves to be fired much more than Pagano. Pep is no help either though. Polian would have never put Manning behind an OL like this early in his career (See David Carr).
Please see my post in another thread:

To those screaming they should draft based on need:

Packers offensive line (consider one of the better passing lines out there)

LT

4.12 David Bakhtiari

LG

4.36 Josh Sitton

C

5.21 Corey Linsley

RG

4.09 T.J. Lang

RT

1.23 Bryan Bulaga

BACKUP (starting currently)

UDFA Don Barclay

You don't need to draft like the Cowboys and use up 3 first round picks on offensive line talent. Also if you look at the WR Corp in Indy you will see they DRASTICALLY need more talent around Luck than they would have had without Dorsett.

I have no clue if the GM in Indy is that good or not but I personally loved the pick by Indy to get Luck additional weapons.

• Hasselbeck hype train. CHoo Choo!
  • Andrew Luck. Well, Looks like he screwed us all!
  • "He's fine!"
  • "He's Toast!"
  • Andrew luck is the best player outside randall the touchdown robber cobb take that to the bank brohans
  • "Anyone hear anything on Luck since I asked 30 seconds ago?"
  • "Downgrade all Colts?"
  • "Buy low?"
  • I'm starting _______ over Andrew Luck this week
  • "I heard he hurt his finger on an over-inflated ball."
  • "Free Gordon!"
  • [insert news reported by Faust]
  • "I'm no doctor but that sounds like he will be back in two weeks to me."
  • "I'm no doctor but that sounds like he's done for the year."
  • "Finally, CMIKE gets the break he's needed!"
  • Anyone worried the Colts are hiding an injury?
  • :ptts:
  • "It's all a plot to motivate Tatum Bell."
  • Bump Finley
Fantastic piece of work! Not a single post should have happened after you posted this. The thread should just end on your post. I vote post of the year, shutout!!

Lol

Please see my post in another thread:

To those screaming they should draft based on need:

Packers offensive line (consider one of the better passing lines out there)

LT

4.12 David Bakhtiari

LG

4.36 Josh Sitton

C

5.21 Corey Linsley

RG

4.09 T.J. Lang

RT

1.23 Bryan Bulaga

BACKUP (starting currently)

UDFA Don Barclay

You don't need to draft like the Cowboys and use up 3 first round picks on offensive line talent. Also if you look at the WR Corp in Indy you will see they DRASTICALLY need more talent around Luck than they would have had without Dorsett.

I have no clue if the GM in Indy is that good or not but I personally loved the pick by Indy to get Luck additional weapons.
While you don't need to draft like the Cowboys I don't think taking the Packers mid round approach is necessarily the best idea either. Without researching I'd guess most teams with only 1 1st & 2nd rounder on their entire offensive line probably doesn't have a very good offensive line. I would think the Packers are the exception and not the norm.

3. "He's fine!"
  4. "He's Toast!"
  8. "Buy low?"
  11. "Free Gordon!"
  19. Bump Finley
You forgot Imthescientist running and hiding after the Seahawks lose.

It's really just that most owners are an extension of short-sighted fans. How many geniuses were on here making fun of the Browns after the TRich trade ("that's the difference between these franchises!"). No, actually the only difference is one of them was lucky enough to get the #1 pick in the two best years in history to have it. Finally people are catching on so he'll probably be gone albeit 3yrs too late.

I will drive up to Indy and punch Luck in the face if Hasselbeck starts.

2QB league, you draft Luck and Romo and figure you're golden. ####### fantasy football, such ####### horse####, honestly why do I do this to myself?

• "He's fine!"
  • "He's Toast!"
  • Andrew luck is the best player outside randall the touchdown robber cobb take that to the bank brohans
  • "Downgrade all Colts?"
  • "Buy low?"
  • "Free Gordon!"
  • Bump Finley
Fantastic piece of work! Not a single post should have happened after you posted this. The thread should just end on your post. I vote post of the year, shutout!! Lol
I agree...

But the real question here is...

Bump finley?

Maybe i end up regretting it, maybe I don't. But I've made the decision to start Flacco tonight rather than wait and hope that Luck not only plays, but plays well. This sounds like a sticky situation with Luck this week, and if this is a legit injury, there's too much of a chance that Luck becomes just an average play this week instead of a studly one.

I envy those of you who have the ability to wait until Sunday to make a decision!

Ok, now my eyebrow is raised.

Andrew Luck - QB - Colts
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Andrew Luck (shoulder) is "legitimately questionable" for Week 4.
It had been assumed the Colts were just exercising caution with their franchise quarterback, but it appears he's actually having difficulty throwing. Per Schefter, Luck was "shut down" midway through Thursday's practice, and will throw little, "if at all," before Sunday's game against the Jaguars. Schefter reports the fact that the Colts have the Thursday night game in Week 5 will be part of their decision-making process. Owners need to have a back-up plan in order. Matt Hasselbeck wouldn't be a recommended DFS option if Luck sits.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Oct 1 - 8:35 PM

Raiderfan32904 said:
Against the Jags, Hasselbeck is a legit option. I just picked him up.
There is absolutely no reason to believe Hasselbeck is a legit option. He's 40 years old and going to play behind an OL that can't handle a blitz and has a below average run game. He's going to get blasted if he plays.

Raiderfan32904 said:
There is absolutely no reason to believe Hasselbeck is a legit option. He's 40 years old and going to play behind an OL that can't handle a blitz and has a below average run game. He's going to get blasted if he plays.
Jags defense though. And he can still be a good game manager, effectively playing the point guard and letting his weapons do the work. And then there is the horrible Indy defense that should ensure a shootout. Unless you think the Jags are capable of blowing anybody out?

This perhaps the greatest post of all time. And I have been lurking since the yellow board

• "He's fine!"
  • "He's Toast!"
  • "Downgrade all Colts?"
  • "Buy low?"
  • "Free Gordon!"
  • Bump Finley

Raiderfan32904 said:
Jags defense though. And he can still be a good game manager, effectively playing the point guard and letting his weapons do the work. And then there is the horrible Indy defense that should ensure a shootout. Unless you think the Jags are capable of blowing anybody out?
Indy's D isn't as bad as they are soft. Last 2.25yrs they're 16th, 13th, and 14th in dvoa. Their offense sans Luck is likely worse than that.

I have to start Fitzpatrick if Luck is a true GTD. Jets play at 9:30AM and waivers don't clear until 11.
There is absolutely no one else?
It's a 2QB league, so Mallett, Weeden or Foles who was just dropped. Fitz is the only droppable player, and I'm pretty sure I have to drop him before his game starts. I was counting on Fitz to be serviceable until Romo comes back, so I guess I'll just ride this out. Other team is stacked so I'm probably ####ed either way.

I have to start Fitzpatrick if Luck is a true GTD. Jets play at 9:30AM and waivers don't clear until 11.
There is absolutely no one else?
It's a 2QB league, so Mallett, Weeden or Foles who was just dropped. Fitz is the only droppable player, and I'm pretty sure I have to drop him before his game starts. I was counting on Fitz to be serviceable until Romo comes back, so I guess I'll just ride this out. Other team is stacked so I'm probably ####ed either way.
So you was going to start luck and fitz I guess?

Users who are viewing this thread