What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Andrew Luck Not Practicing Today (1 Viewer)

How concerned should we Luck owners be for the rest of the season?

I was just offered Brees and Antonio brown for Luck and Cobb.
Decline. Brees and Brown have their own problems. THe best thing going in that bunch right now is Cobb. I think he's on pace for 1300/15 TDs or something.
Thanks. What about if it was Fitz instead of Cobb?
I'm always a bit biased with Fitz but I'll try to impartial. Short answer: If you aren't averse to a little strategic gambling, that might be worth trying. Ben might come back quicker than expected and fix Brown and Fitz is almost entirely dependent on Palmer who isn't always upright.

Plan was to pick up Smith today but my $0 bid lost by $3. Plan now is to pick up Cutler, who Im a little :X about putting in there but the other options after him are teh suck.

Really expected Luck to play tonight.

Plan was to pick up Smith today but my $0 bid lost by $3. Plan now is to pick up Cutler, who Im a little :X about putting in there but the other options after him are teh suck.

ESPN and Yahoo still lists Luck as Questionable.

Gonna be a real barnburner tonight. 75 year old Matt Hasselbeck vs Hoyer. If you have insomnia, I recommend watching this classic unfold.

Gonna be a real barnburner tonight. 75 year old Matt Hasselbeck vs Hoyer. If you have insomnia, I recommend watching this classic unfold.
On the cbs podcast today they said that luck may be out and that hasslback may be sick and may not play which would mean josh Johnson plays.

Anyone know when they announce inactives for tonight's game?

looked it up, appears to be 1 hour before game time

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm starting Bortles again, although anything I get I consider lucky. Vick and Alex Smith are available, but it's all a crapshoot.

Or Foster.

:moneybag:

Hmmm. Wonder where the Texans D ranks with this news? I would say pretty high.
I just picked them up and started them. They are due for a mega game. Thurs night, at home, crowd should be crazy, backs against the wall against a Hasselback. Does it get any better than that?

Yep. I picked them up and started them over the Chiefs. Tough call though since I like the Chiefs this week. But the Bears should generate some offense where it's tough to see the colts doing much under the circumstances

Limited in practice yesterday. Obviously this shoulder thing is lingering. Anyone else worried not only for this week but rest of the season? I've got a really bad feeling.

Limited in practice yesterday. Obviously this shoulder thing is lingering. Anyone else worried not only for this week but rest of the season? I've got a really bad feeling.
I was able to trade him away last week with Terrence Williams for Eli, D. Lewis and B. Cooks. With this recent news I'm even more glad that I was able to move him while his name still carried value. It's looking like it could be a lost season. Obviously he can come out and put up 400 with 4 TDs on Sunday and it's all forgotten, but I don't like the way it seems to be lingering.

Andrew Luck (shoulder) was observed making "real football throws" in the media-access portion of Wednesday's practice.
It's an obvious improvement from last week, when Luck threw a couple of screen passes in the portion of practice that reporters can view. Per beat writer Zak Keefer, "these were throws. Down the sidelines, to the corner of the end zone, real football throws." Still listed as "limited" on Wednesday, Keefer believes Luck may have to graduate to a "full" practice by week's end in order to get the starting nod versus New England
He may have been limited but it sounds as if he is a lot closer to playing then he was last week.

I picked up Josh McCown... Josh ####### McCown, yes I'm very concerned.

With that, I think (hope) he plays Sunday.

ESPN Colts reporter Mike Wells said Andrew Luck (shoulder) is "throwing just as much" Thursday as he did Wednesday.
Luck was reportedly making "real football throws" in practice Wednesday, and throwing again on Thursday suggests he escaped the practice without any setbacks. Luck said after practice Wednesday he is "pretty darn close." Nothing can be taken for granted in the Luck saga, but it looks likely he will play this week.
Sounding like he is going to play.

I was pretty happy with McCown's line last week and rolling him out again Sunday. I've got Luck in the superflex spot in case he's a late scratch, then I can throw Ryan Mathews in there and hope for the best.

I was pretty happy with McCown's line last week and rolling him out again Sunday. I've got Luck in the superflex spot in case he's a late scratch, then I can throw Ryan Mathews in there and hope for the best.
McCown against the Broncos could be dangerous. I actually like McCown, but I didn't use an early 3rd rounder to steal Luck and bench in favor of him.

McCown against the Broncos could be dangerous. I actually like McCown, but I didn't use an early 3rd rounder to steal Luck and bench in favor of him.
Yeah if Luck's in there you've gotta roll with him. Hope there are no setbacks between now & Sunday.

Vegas doesn't think so: The line just jumped to Pats -10.5.
With the way NE is playing, and the Indy has looked both with and without Luck, not sure why this wouldnt be at least -7 anyway. Considering Luck isnt 100%, I dont think -10.5 is indicative of them thinking he wont play.

Still holding Cutler in case Luck cant go, but of course IND-NE is the SNF game so hoping to hear more clear news on Luck by saturday. Im thinking he's a go.

Kinda feel like you have to have Eli, Bradford, Brady or Hass going into Sunday night to feel comfortable ( as an alternative to luck).

Last edited by a moderator:
HULLOBUDMAN said:
Kinda feel like you have to have Eli, Bradford, Brady or Hass going into Sunday night to feel comfortable ( as an alternative to luck).
I'm rolling Palmer out there if Luck can't go. I'd rather have him over Eli or Bradford.

HULLOBUDMAN said:
I'm rolling Palmer out there if Luck can't go. I'd rather have him over Eli or Bradford.
If You wait to find out if Luck can't go, it will be too late. The QBs that were listed were ones that either play Sunday Night or Monday Night. The Colts play Sunday Night, the Cards play in the second games.

Andrew Luck - QB - Colts
Observing Friday's practice, Indy Sports Central's Mike Chappell believes Andrew Luck "looks ready to go" for Week 6 against the Patriots.
Chappell noted Luck had "better zip" on his passes Friday, and it appeared he was practicing at or near "full" after being the past couple weeks. After missing the previous two games, signs are pointing toward Luck suiting up for Sunday Night Football. It'll boost the entire offense, especially the pass game.

Users who are viewing this thread