What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Android apps (1 Viewer)

Not sure if it's been posted or not, but TuneIn Radio is a solid app. They have tons of radio stations all over the country that broadcast over the phone. I found a few games yesterday when I was in the car that weren't local. Plus, I use it in the office b/c they block streaming radio online on our network.

Last edited by a moderator:
GOT THE BIRDS FINALLY! LOOKING FGOOD SO FAR KID!
Ok so do we try to get 3 stars before advancing or just unlock everything then go back.Personally I replay a level if I don't get 2 star or better. Once I get at least 2 stars on everything then I'll go back and try for 3

Not sure if it's been posted or not, but TuneIn Radio is a solid app. They have tons of radio stations all over the country that broadcast over the phone. I found a few games yesterday when I was in the car that weren't local. Plus, I use it in the office b/c they block streaming radio online on our network.
If you're looking for NFL games, try the NFL Mobile app -> go to scores -> click the link to Listen. Every game I've tried this with I've gotten live audio (although it lags the tv broadcast by a couple seconds)

Played a LOT of Angry Birds yesterday on my trip. I think my wife is addicted too. She kept stealing the phone from me.

BIRDS

I unlock everything then go back. Can't wait for the stuffed animals/toys to come out for Christmas. All of my slacker employees who waste time playing birds instead of working will be getting a plush Mighty Eagle (the yellow one) for Christmas.

I joined the Droid Team with a Droid X I got for $199 at Costco. Loving this thing so far. Makes my iTouch seem like a toy.

I joined the Droid Team with a Droid X I got for $199 at Costco. Loving this thing so far. Makes my iTouch seem like a toy.
Its very powerful and can do a lot of awesome things. The X screen for Birds is awesome because the playing field is "longer", allowing a better view.

BIRDS

I unlock everything then go back. Can't wait for the stuffed animals/toys to come out for Christmas. All of my slacker employees who waste time playing birds instead of working will be getting a plush Mighty Eagle (the yellow one) for Christmas.
Are you hiring, I'm a model employee....

just played Wordfeud (someone here recommended it a while back) and its amazing. Simple scrabble style gameplay, that plays flawlessly and you can play 30 people at once without a hurry to make your turn since you got som many players you can play.

I am biggamer3 on it, so invite me if you wanna play

Would like for it to keep some sort of stats but its still an awesome timewaster

:coffee: Particularly if you live far from where you grew up like me. I can get ESPN St Louis and hear Miklasz in the early afternoon to get my Cardinal fix. Awesome. Also the rock station I grew up with, KSHE at any time. Cures homesick blues. It really changed my day.

BIRDS

I'm stuck on level 3-5. :wall:

:thumbup: Particularly if you live far from where you grew up like me. I can get ESPN St Louis and hear Miklasz in the early afternoon to get my Cardinal fix. Awesome. Also the rock station I grew up with, KSHE at any time. Cures homesick blues. It really changed my day.
Just downloaded app...great so far!!Thanks for the heads up. :bag:Edit: I have tried to stream a couple shows and after a couple minutes each will stop and say "the station is not available". :thumbup: Phone connected to full strength wi-fi at the time.

froyo os coming to mytouch3g owners over the next two weeks. i won't have to mod my phone, which is kind of cool.

BIRDS

I'm stuck on level 3-5. :sarcasm:
Aim for the wood.Level 3-6 is my problem
3-5 killed me for awhile. Gotta place it perfectly on target on the wood. Start with the side piece, then sling a high arching shot for the middle wood (very little exposed)

BIRDS

I'm stuck on level 3-5. :wall:
3-5 killed me for awhile. Gotta place it perfectly on target on the wood. Start with the side piece, then sling a high arching shot for the middle wood (very little exposed)
You guys who're stuck... you talking about just completing the level or getting 3 stars?

BIRDS

I'm stuck on level 3-5. :confused:
For me completing finally got past itYou guys who're stuck... you talking about just completing the level or getting 3 stars?

You guys who're stuck... you talking about just completing the level or getting 3 stars?
Can't complete the level. At least not yet.
Gotcha.

I'm on 8-10 but haven't 3-starred much of anything.

I may have a problem.

:goodposting:

3-5 & 3-6

3-5, a shot just high of the horizontal wood beam that sticks out the left side took down almost the entire top section. Two high-arc shots that fell straight down the middle triggered the TNT. 2 stars.

3-6, a high-arc shot, with the speed boost hit at just the right moment on the down angle rocketed the guy just over the second rolling vehicle, slamming right into the wood post at high speed and he rolled through the line of guys on the right. That just left the 2 rollers. With the second shot, hit the first one right above the wheel, it rolled forward and eventually tipped into #2, which fell over and crushed the guy inside. 3 stars.

*** SPOILER ALERT! Click this link to display the potential spoiler text in this box. ***");document.close();

For Podcast fans, Stitcher is my favorite podcast app. TONS of podcasts broken down by category, has a search function and favorite function. Notes when the podcast was posted, etc.

I found podcasts on beer :bye:

Great app and it's free.

For Podcast fans, Stitcher is my favorite podcast app. TONS of podcasts broken down by category, has a search function and favorite function. Notes when the podcast was posted, etc.

I found podcasts on beer :rolleyes:

Great app and it's free.
I use the google labs Listen - will check this out. Listen is good if you want to know what you want to subscribe too.You can do it through google and it will sync on your phone.

"Completed" angry birds and 1 of the golden egg levels.

Now back to 3 star everything. ugh

Finally found the best app for sports scores: Scoremobile - it's very quick and smooth. It even has a blog that's like a chat board for each game.

Much better than ESPN Score Center or Sportstap which I had previously used.

Finally found the best app for sports scores: Scoremobile - it's very quick and smooth. It even has a blog that's like a chat board for each game.Much better than ESPN Score Center or Sportstap which I had previously used.
score mobile is by far the best sports app. ESPN's app sucks

Finally found the best app for sports scores: Scoremobile - it's very quick and smooth. It even has a blog that's like a chat board for each game.Much better than ESPN Score Center or Sportstap which I had previously used.
Very nice. I like that is has the lines for the games as well.

score mobile is by far the best sports app. ESPN's app sucks
it's not bad, but has a tendency to either run way behind or lock up entirely on live scoring.

I use the google labs Listen - will check this out. Listen is good if you want to know what you want to subscribe too.You can do it through google and it will sync on your phone.
How does that work? Like suppose I want to subscribe to The Audible and it's not indexed on the Listen app. How can I subscribe to it through Google?(This is not hypothetical.)

I use the google labs Listen - will check this out. Listen is good if you want to know what you want to subscribe too.

You can do it through google and it will sync on your phone.
How does that work? Like suppose I want to subscribe to The Audible and it's not indexed on the Listen app. How can I subscribe to it through Google?(This is not hypothetical.)
There are 2 ways to do it.First and probably easiest.

On your PC

1) Go to the podcast page on FBG and click the RSS link.

2) Copy that link. To help you this is The Audible rss to copy - http://rss.footballguys.com/theaudiblebeta.rss

3) Log into your gmail account. One of the tabs up top should say Reader, may be under the more option

4) Top Left a button should say Add Subscription. Click it

5) Paste RSS link.

6) Bottom Left under subscriptions the FBG podcast should now be there. Click manage subscriptions.

7) When on the manage subscriptions page change the folder to Listen Subscriptions.

Now it should sync with you phone. You can set it when to sync how often etc. That looks like a lot but should take only a minute or 2. When you now open listen on your phone, the podcast is there.

The other way is:

1)go to the FBG podcast webpage on you Mobile browser.

2) Click RSS link.

3) Copy that link.

4) Open up listen on the phone.

5) Select ADD subscription and then paste the rss link there.

It is more straight forward but you then have to deal with browsing and copying and pasting on your phone.

ETA: the itune link should also work for Example - all the ESPN ones I have in google listen are like this.

Bill Simmons http://sports.espn.go.com/espnradio/podcas...Cast?id=2864045

Mike & Mike

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnradio/podcas...Cast?id=2445552

good stuff with google Listen. Have the paid app Doggcatcher and i like Listen even better.

BTW what podcasts you guys enjoy besides the ESPN ones?

Wow just played around with the free app Uloops Music Composer. wow its really deep this app, you can spend hours trying to make your own song even with zero music knowledge.

So much damn fun that thing

Great thread. How about an app for speed dialing? I want more numbers than the standard software allows. Anyone using something they like or know of apps that are good there?

Basically, I"d like to be able to speed dial about 25 numbers as easily as possible.

J

Great thread. How about an app for speed dialing? I want more numbers than the standard software allows. Anyone using something they like or know of apps that are good there?Basically, I"d like to be able to speed dial about 25 numbers as easily as possible.J
Well, you could take one of your home screens and fill it with contact quick tasks. Just tap and hold on the screen, choose Android Widgets, then Contact quick tasks. But that would only get you 16 per screen.

Great thread. How about an app for speed dialing? I want more numbers than the standard software allows. Anyone using something they like or know of apps that are good there?Basically, I"d like to be able to speed dial about 25 numbers as easily as possible.J
Well, you could take one of your home screens and fill it with contact quick tasks. Just tap and hold on the screen, choose Android Widgets, then Contact quick tasks. But that would only get you 16 per screen.
Thanks. But I don't see contact quick tasks. Download it from the market? Searching for contact quick tasks didnt' bring up that widget.J

Thanks. But I don't see contact quick tasks. Download it from the market? Searching for contact quick tasks didnt' bring up that widget.J
It's actually on the Motorola Widgets. Do you have an X?

Thanks. I see it now. I'll play with that.J

Thanks. I see it now. I'll play with that.J

Actually, better then that (I think :shrug: )1. Long press on an empty space on a home screen2. Add new folder - rename "Speed Dial" or whatever3. Go back to the homescreen where you added the folder4. Long press and add shortcut>direct dial>select which contact5. drag each direct dial shortcut into the folderThis should give you about 20 speed dials per folder. Speed dialing is then only 2 "clicks" away

Actually, better then that (I think :lmao: )1. Long press on an empty space on a home screen2. Add new folder - rename "Speed Dial" or whatever3. Go back to the homescreen where you added the folder4. Long press and add shortcut>direct dial>select which contact5. drag each direct dial shortcut into the folderThis should give you about 20 speed dials per folder. Speed dialing is then only 2 "clicks" away
Thanks TF. I don't see direct dial in shortcuts. Do I have to add that?J

Actually, better then that (I think :lmao: )

1. Long press on an empty space on a home screen

2. Add new folder - rename "Speed Dial" or whatever

3. Go back to the homescreen where you added the folder

4. Long press and add shortcut>direct dial>select which contact

5. drag each direct dial shortcut into the folder

This should give you about 20 speed dials per folder. Speed dialing is then only 2 "clicks" away
Thanks TF. I don't see direct dial in shortcuts. Do I have to add that?

J
Direct dial not available for the droid X? :lmao: http://forum.androidcentral.com/motorola-d...-droid-x-2.html

:lmao:

J

Users who are viewing this thread