What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anton Yelchin - Chekov in Star Trek reboot - dead at 27 (1 Viewer)

mcintyre1

Footballguy
http://www.tmz.com/2016/06/19/star-trek-anton-yelchin-dead/

Actor Anton Yelchin, known for his roles in "Star Trek" and "Alpha Dog," was killed early Sunday morning after getting pinned by his own car ... TMZ has learned.

Yelchin's friends became alarmed because he was supposed to meet them hours earlier for a rehearsal. They went to his San Fernando Valley home at around 1 AM and found him pinned between his car and a brick mailbox, which was attached to a security gate.

Law enforcement tells us the engine was running when his body was discovered, and the car was in neutral. The driveway was on a fairly steep incline. It's unclear why he got out of the car.

Cops do not suspect foul play.

Yelchin was 27.

RIP

Worked on a movie for 5 months in 2011, Fright Night, that he starred in.  Seemed like a nice kid.  

Damn.  I haven't seen the Star Trek remakes but he was in a movie with Billy Crudup called Rudderless a few years back that I like quite a bit.  He was very good in it. 

RIP

Seems weird.  Put it in park but not really, go check the mail, get hit from behind and pinned...?

Incredibly sad. Way too young.

Loved him in Star Trek (trying to "Americanize" his pronunciation of "victor" was a small, great moment in the first one) and he was terrific bringing "Odd Thomas" to life (a low-budget movie from a series of novels by Dean Koontz..but Yelchin really made you feel something for the character).

:(

Damn. That just sucks. Everything going great in life and then dead by your own car in the driveway.

RIP

Bizarre death. What are the chances, million to one (can't be many people crushed by their own car)?

Was just watching him play Kyle Reese in Terminator Salvation, and had to look it up to find out he was the same actor that played Chekov in the Star Trek reboot (which he was great in).   

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow shocked...was a good young, upcoming actor. Was good in Star Trek, Odd Thomas And Alpha Dog.

RIP
One of those guys I always liked watching.  Treaded the thin line in movies between a guy you would want to hang out with or punch in the face.

He was good in the Hank Azaria Showtime show, Huff. That's where I first saw him. Kid had game. What a ####ed up way to go.

Seems weird.  Put it in park but not really, go check the mail, get hit from behind and pinned...?
Maybe the security gate was blocked and he got out to clear its path. Could have not even known it was coming at him. 

Apparently he drove a jeep grand Cherokee, some models were recently recalled (in april) due to the gear shift not properly seating in park. You might think you were in park but actually stuck in neutral. Had some weird shifter that would move itself around or something on its own. 

Users who are viewing this thread