What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Antsports FBG Mock - Let's Finish This Work Week (1 Viewer)

Made the pick. Also, I sent this email out but will post it here as well......Looking to trade out of 4.10. I'll take a 5th and a favorable swap of 6ths. If I don't get any replies in 10 mins, I'll just make the pick and not hold things up.

I like trading during the draft, but I think my guy will fall to me at 5.08 so I think I'll stand pat.Thanks for going ahead and making the pick for Oakland.

Sorry for the delays in the draft. My system has been down since yesterday. I'm back up now. Oakland Funk :no:

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm assuming you are oakland funk? there are two funks, ya know. :no:ok, so trout i recall said he was setting his to computer control. rather than do that, as i pick one spot ahead of him, i will take him off CC by predrafting. i will simply predraft one player (the one i intend to pick) which will remove him from CC.we'll then give him some time to make his pick.or would you guys prefer he remain on CC?

Was I glad A. Smith lasted for my #2 back. He was the best quality starter w/o a big time RBBC approach left. Picking up Heap in the top of the fifth is perfect for a TE required league.I like my team so far but I've got to say, everyone is drafting pretty well. I don't see any teams that really suck and any that are clearly better than another.The middle rounds, however, are what separate the men from the boys.

ok, so trout i recall said he was setting his to computer control. rather than do that, as i pick one spot ahead of him, i will take him off CC by predrafting. i will simply predraft one player (the one i intend to pick) which will remove him from CC.we'll then give him some time to make his pick.or would you guys prefer he remain on CC?
Whew! Looks like I just beat the clock. When I know I may be away from my computer for a while, I generally try to predraft for the next round, then put my team on computer control. The computer control won't really kick in unless I don't have predraft. Anyway, thanks for waiting a bit. I got back at my computer at lunch time, and saw that I was up in a few. I guess I'm really hoping that Atl will have an awesome O this year. Not sure how the Vick-Price combo will work out.

Lemme guess, you subscribe to the RB, RB, RB philosophy? Oh well, Oakland Funk will time-out in 3 hrs and 50-some minutes. i see that everyone after the Funk predrafted. As intriguing as is seems, I'm not staying up to see what happens. Let me know if you get who you want.
It looks like I guessed correctly that you'd take another RB with your third pick. Not surprised that you took another RB, just surprised at which one it was. Like you mentioned on the draft board...big potential for a good season or big potential for a big flop.

Don't worry bout it. Maybe later in the draft.I'll try and post once the clock starts on your pick.I generally don't predraft, only if I know I will be out of my office. My guy is still there, only two more picks.

Looks like we both screwed the pooch on that one, Clark. Esp. if I cant' get my guy at 6.10. Should be there though......... :(

Value is what I am looking for in these middle rounds. I like mocks like these because it gives you a good idea of what will be available in these rounds. This is where you win or lose.

Better scoop up Bulger while you're at it. :rant:Personally, I will be avoiding the STL QB situation. I just envision lots of Skeletor-esque 'game time' decisions regarding the starting QB in STL. I think if Bulger or Warner plays the whole year they easily put up good #s, but it is a longshot that anyone of those guys is the week-in-week-out starter.

I like my team so far. Booker is a little bit of a question mark, but I have three RBs that I think all have a fair chance to be top 10-15 backs and that's a great start to a team.

Warner is good value in the 5th.
Absolutely! Good pick, as was the Garcia one a couple before. 5th round is about right for someone not named Culpepper (and that's only because he runs a lot in).

I like my team so far. Booker is a little bit of a question mark, but I have three RBs that I think all have a fair chance to be top 10-15 backs and that's a great start to a team.
I like Taylor, always have. If Green plays like he did last half of last year, you're in good shape. I'm not sold on Canidate, though.Booker is solid.

Nice pick on Hambrick. I think he is going to be one of those great RB3 steals. Assuming he's the #1 guy in DAL, he should post at least 1000/5 at the absolute bar minimum, yet he's rated like 30-32 by FBG. No love.Chad Johnson was also a great pick. I love the guy. Don't know why I didn't pick him. :rant:

I was hoping people would forget about Johnson. He was very good the last half of last year. Should be better this year.I don't like Hambrick the player, but hey, like was said he is a starter in a non RBBC situation. Getting that this late is good drafting.

Dogmen here. I was strongly considering going with one of the TEs at 5:5 but they were all gone. I thought about going with one at 4:8, but felt it was necessary to get another back.As it stands, I wish I would have went with Shockey at 4:8, a back at 5:5 and my QB (probably McNair) later.Again, that's what mocks are for.

I'll second the nice pick on Hambrick. Not all that crazy about him, but to get a starting RB with little competition in the late 5th is a nice value pick. Dogmen-Nice pick up on Garcia,.The RBs are drying up fast,as they should in a 12 teamer.

Headbusa is taking awhile again. I would nominate his next pick to be Derek MasonFBG rank #18
Let's not be throwing names out there that may be slipping through the cracks.Everyone should have to look through the list like everyone else.BTW-There's GOT to be some way that they can slim down the list of available players. I don't care how big your league is, you're not going to draft Dave Yovanovits for a WR slot.Although, I thought about drafting Houshmandzedeh. Just to have a Houshmandzedeh on the roster. :lol:

If someone is lagging & I need to make the pick for them, I am simply looking at what position they should select, then arbitrarly going to the FBG list and finding the highest ranked player still on the board.Seems fair. Based on your staunch resistance to Mason, I think take that as a vote of confidance and a 'second' on the selection. :wall:Do I hear a third?

I can't knock the Hambrick pick. By my estimation there are still a couple of decent RBs left, but I don't think I'll be drafting any of them.

If someone is lagging & I need to make the pick for them, I am simply looking at what position they should select, then arbitrarly going to the FBG list and finding the highest ranked player still on the board.Seems fair. Based on your staunch resistance to Mason, I think take that as a vote of confidance and a 'second' on the selection. :wall:Do I hear a third?
Mason would be the correct pick here. Let's move this thing along.

Yea, we should get going. In the last draft I was in with HeadBusa$ all of his picks ended up being computer selections so I'm a little hesitant to want to be in any more mocks with him.

Mason makes a lot of sense here. He's been going at 5.12 on average lately. We'll probably also have to make his 6.02 pick though.

I like the Mack pick as he's really the best bet left. He has a good shot at 1,000 yards and will have a handful of TDs to go along with it.

The Bucs at 5.12 and Mack at 6.1??????Could have gotten more value out of these picks. Why now? Mack would probably be waiver wire fodder after most drafts, wouldn't he?

Ok, next headbusa pick i nominate a RB3. next highest accorinding to FBG is emmitt smith.do i hear a 2nd & 3rd?

Nice pick with DJax. That offense is just waiting to explode. Still like him better than KRob. WR is a deep position this year. Deep as in there is a lot of wr's that will end up with about the same, solid numbers.

thurmal, sent you a pm but forgot which email was yours. :ph34r:be interested in doing that proposed deal?6.109.0313.03for6.069.0713.07

Are the bye weeks listed on Antsports correct? If this were a real draft, I might be hurting week 8....4 of my first 5 picks have byes.

Users who are viewing this thread