What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Any chance BUF throws the game vs. the Jets? (1 Viewer)

Shrek

Having a great season
Of course being a Jets homer I want them to have a shot at getting Reggie Bush. Who wouldn't? But with the upcoming game vs. Buffalo, it got me thinking about the ramifications of a Buffalo win. If Buffalo wins, they not only make their own draft position worse, but they could conceivably hand the #1 pick to their division rival. And obviously this isn't just any #1 pick- it's probably THE #1 pick of the last 5-10 years and the next 5 to come. Anyway, has anyone else floated this theory yet? And if not, what's your take? :tinfoilhat:

I suspect Mularkey and Donahoe are worried more about being employeed next year than what draft pick a rival gets.
:buzzkill:This thing could really have legs, you know. ;)

I would think that the Bills would much rather finish out 2005 on a positive note off of their impressive win over Cincy.There is 0.001% chance of something like this happening.This is the NFL, these games are played "to win".

Why does the NFL not have a draft lottery, like the NBA???
There are 22 positions to fill in football, but only 5 in the NBA. So it's not as crucial for an NFL team to have the #1 overall pick. Also, the #1 NFL pick rarely has as big of an impact as the #1 NBA pick.

And obviously this isn't just any #1 pick- it's probably THE #1 pick of the last 5-10 years and the next 5 to come.

:tinfoilhat:
I completely disagree that the #1 in 2006 is the best draft pick in the last 5-10 years. You're way off base here.

Is there any evidence of an NFL team tanking a game? If not, why is there so much discussion of this, especially here.Recent Texan and 49er wins should make it clear NFL players have no stake in doing this.

There are 22 positions to fill in football, but only 5 in the NBA. So it's not as crucial for an NFL team to have the #1 overall pick. Also, the #1 NFL pick rarely has as big of an impact as the #1 NBA pick.
I would agree with you up until about 5 years ago when they all started drafting "projects" out of high school in the NBA. I think the #1 pick in the NFL is much more coveted than the NBA #1 pick.

Of course being a Jets homer I want them to have a shot at getting Reggie Bush. Who wouldn't? But with the upcoming game vs. Buffalo, it got me thinking about the ramifications of a Buffalo win. If Buffalo wins, they not only make their own draft position worse, but they could conceivably hand the #1 pick to their division rival. And obviously this isn't just any #1 pick- it's probably THE #1 pick of the last 5-10 years and the next 5 to come. Anyway, has anyone else floated this theory yet? And if not, what's your take?

:tinfoilhat:
Bush is not the hands down best potential #1 pick in the last 15 years. It only seems like it because he plays for USC.

Agreed, but when #1 overralls like Peyton Manning and Carson Palmer are being drafted, things are obviously looking up for teams drafting at the top slot.

I would agree with you up until about 5 years ago when they all started drafting "projects" out of high school in the NBA. I think the #1 pick in the NFL is much more coveted than the NBA #1 pick.
But teams with the # pick are nearly always looking to trade down. They don't come out and say it publicly, but it's nearly always in their own best interest.At least in the NBA rookies salaries are slotted. In the NFL the top 5 picks are often overpayed for their production on the field. Sure there are exceptions but they are just that, exceptions.

Agreed, but when #1 overralls like Peyton Manning and Carson Palmer are being drafted, things are obviously looking up for teams drafting at the top slot.
For that matter I even remember there being some question as to whether they should have stayed at #1 and drafted Palmer. In hindsight it was a genius move but at the time there were plenty that thought it was a really bad move.

And obviously this isn't just any #1 pick- it's probably THE #1 pick of the last 5-10 years and the next 5 to come.
He's not even the best USC player to come out in the past 5-10 years ... I don't care how good he is, I'd rather have Carson Palmer at this point. The guy is a bonafide stud.

Of course being a Jets homer I want them to have a shot at getting Reggie Bush. Who wouldn't? But with the upcoming game vs. Buffalo, it got me thinking about the ramifications of a Buffalo win. If Buffalo wins, they not only make their own draft position worse, but they could conceivably hand the #1 pick to their division rival. And obviously this isn't just any #1 pick- it's probably THE #1 pick of the last 5-10 years and the next 5 to come. Anyway, has anyone else floated this theory yet? And if not, what's your take? :tinfoilhat:
Watch the Texans/49ers game.......you'll see that the Texans will get Reggie.As good as a RB Dom Davis is.........those knees are raising some eyebrows bro. Maybe the hometeam will trade Dom in the offseason for future draft picks or more picks this year & do what they were supposed to do last year, DRAFT YOUNG OL-MEN. Travis Johnson with the #1 pick? PFFFFTTT! That set them back a year or 2 with that pick.Nice idea you have though........The Jets will finally draft a QB, Leinart, with the #2 pick. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread