What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Any guys you won't ever (re)draft again? (1 Viewer)

cjv123

Footballguy
So, I hit a trifecta of suckitude in my big-money-league draft.

Snake draft, redraft. Two-QB league (0.5 PPR).

Julio Jones was too good to pass up, but I need to be more careful with guys coming back from injuries.

Foles and Cutler were good value at the time for this particular format, and I can't be too upset with myself. If Foles stays in Philly I would certainly draft him again for value.

Yes, I took a stab on Ray Rice, but I can excuse myself for this.

But I really "hit on" (read, missed) Vincent Jackson, Shane Vereen and Eric Decker. Honestly, I will never draft any of those 3 again. I don't think they are bad guys (well, except. Decker, who I think is a pu**y), but they are too dependent on too many other folks to have any value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Josh Gordon is becoming painful to own. But also she he plays and plays well he is painful not to own. Maybe the most frustrating player overall in the NFL to me.

whil I didn't draft or own some of these players, you simply can't rely on Rashard Jennings, Eli Manning, Cutler, Foles, Bob Griffin, Jimmy Graham to a lesser extent, Drew Brees - he's definitely lost his fastball, and he's throwing picks like mad lately..

Harvin is one I won't be taking. Just too much risk there. He's gotten by this long in his career on potential. Well, it hasn't added up to much on the field in recent seasons.

Probably won't grab Harvin anymore as his ADP is likely to be too high based on name recognition alone (he's been a waste the past two seasons).

None. There are many that will go way before I'm willing to take them but there isn't a player I would cross off my list completely.

Andre Ellington, Ryan Mathews, Brandon Marshall

Wasn't like I was reaching on any of them either, but just like Darren McFadden years ago, I give these injury prone guys too much benefit of the doubt.

None. There are many that will go way before I'm willing to take them but there isn't a player I would cross off my list completely.
I thought like you. In deference to VBD and ADP, I was going to say that every player has value. But then I decided that despite my wanting to win by sticking to a principle that all players have value depending on where they are drafted, I ended up realizing that Mike Wallace is too much of a bum. He will have to redeem himself for me to want to take a risk on him. Maybe if he dropped to last 4 rounds I would take a flyer on him.

Roethlisberger, Foster, Ingram, Stewart, Roddy, Gronkowski, ...

Oh, wait. I'm looking at last year's list of undraftable guys. Carry on.

Roethlisberger, Foster, Ingram, Stewart, Roddy, Gronkowski, ...

Oh, wait. I'm looking at last year's list of undraftable guys. Carry on.
Exactly my point. There are guys that are on this list one year and the next they're on the sleeper list or better.

I thought like you. In deference to VBD and ADP, I was going to say that every player has value. But then I decided that despite my wanting to win by sticking to a principle that all players have value depending on where they are drafted, I ended up realizing that Mike Wallace is too much of a bum. He will have to redeem himself for me to want to take a risk on him. Maybe if he dropped to last 4 rounds I would take a flyer on him.
I get your point but he was WR20 in my league. I'm not saying I'd want him at his ADP but if he's sitting there a few rounds later I'd take him as my WR4.

Andre Ellington, Ryan Mathews, Brandon Marshall

Wasn't like I was reaching on any of them either, but just like Darren McFadden years ago, I give these injury prone guys too much benefit of the doubt.
huh? He's never missed more than 2 games in a year prior to 2014.

I get your point but he was WR20 in my league. I'm not saying I'd want him at his ADP but if he's sitting there a few rounds later I'd take him as my WR4.
You are right. And that is how championships in FF are won. I can pinch my nose when the value is there. lol.

There are very, very few guys that I would not draft next year. In fact, really the only person I can think of is Trent Richardson. And even he played decent fantasy wise for a stretch there (but I still wouldn't draft him next year). I didn't own him in any league this year either, I'll wait until he pulls an Ingram before drafting him, so I'll miss out on his breakout year if he has one but I'm fine with that.

Maybe Patterson as well now that I think about it more. I drafted him in the fifth round in one league and was so happy after the first week, lol. But if he shows a lot of improvement in his route running next preseason, I might take a flyer on him later on in drafts.

You are right. And that is how championships in FF are won. I can pinch my nose when the value is there. lol.
Wallace was from from a stud, but I drafted him in the 9th round as WR32. To be honest, i was thrilled with his production relative to where I drafted him.

Mike Wallace and Dwayne Bowe got on my naughty list in the past - so I devalued them during draft. However, there are no players who I would eliminate out of hand if the price was right. Percy Harvin is close after this year. Tony Romo is another guy that has burned me repeatedly in the past - but he has a lot of value based on ADP so he is hard to avoid.

AJ Green - too much Andy Dalton for my liking and the injuries are starting to surface. He was far from elite which means his ADP was not justified. Not a pro bowl player this year

Mike Wallace and Dwayne Bowe got on my naughty list in the past - so I devalued them during draft. However, there are no players who I would eliminate out of hand if the price was right. Percy Harvin is close after this year. Tony Romo is another guy that has burned me repeatedly in the past - but he has a lot of value based on ADP so he is hard to avoid.
Romo was also coming off surgery, and despite that was QB6 down the stretch.

i will never draft sterling sharp again because he is retired bam that is a joke from the old swcer take that to the bank bromigos

Did you have a week 17 championship where he burned you? His ADP was WR29 and when my seasons ended on week 16, he was WR16. Wallace soundly outperformed his ADP and you are upset?!

I use to think that way as well....but a pile of poop is a pile of poop regardless of when you draft it. I don't like owning piles of poop.

Romo was also coming off surgery, and despite that was QB6 down the stretch.
Agreed - not referring to this year at all - it is just every year I had him correlated to a year I had a bad team. Not sure it was a direct correlation but suspicious. It was like he knew I drafted him and sucked intentionally. I am kind of a big deal, so it is possible.

I use to think that way as well....but a pile of poop is a pile of poop regardless of when you draft it. I don't like owning piles of poop.
So...no Seahawks players then. amiright?

(I just couldn't resist. :) )

Last edited by a moderator:
There is one player, who is consistently drafted in the top 25 or so roughly.

This player, has from what I have seen, just had one of the worst seasons of his career.

(this is a general eye test, and I haven't backed it up completely with his yearly stats)

This player, also seems to be having other coaching issues on the team. (which may or may not directly affect him)

This player, also has issues with one of his other "main targets", that may or may not have been injury related.

This player is DREW BREES.

I will not be drafting Drew Brees again.

Full disclosure - I have only drafted/owned Brees 1-2 times in my years of fantasy. I have NOT had him in over 2 years. So this isn't a case of "he burned me this year".

Its just come to a point for me, where you have to pay too much at the draft window, compared to what you get in return.

His picks seem to have multiplied late season, and in some limited action I have watched him, he just looks like A downright different player than what he was a few years ago.

I would much, MUCH rather spend that top pick on a dependable WR, and get a "serviceable" QB later.

Other honorable mentions :

RYAN MATHEWS

MARSHAWN LYNCH

ARIAN FOSTER

ALL of the above are generally candidates I won't touch, and its basically for health concerns. The latter two have had tremendous workloads in recent years, and I always steer clear of that if possible.

TZM

AJ Green - too much Andy Dalton for my liking and the injuries are starting to surface. He was far from elite which means his ADP was not justified. Not a pro bowl player this year
far from elite? he put up 69/1k/6 in 13 games. and 2 of those games were ruined due to injury where he left early.

i do tend to agree that green's adp will be a bit too high. i would prefer the other elite guys over him and i doubt he drops behind all of those guys. so i will be taking brown, calvin, demaryius, beckham, dez, julio, and jordy ahead of him. but if green drops past those guys and lands in the early 3rd, then hell ya sign me up. id still prefer him to cobb, jeffery, hilton, sanders, maclin,

Tanner9919 said:
whil I didn't draft or own some of these players, you simply can't rely on Rashard Jennings, Eli Manning, Cutler, Foles, Bob Griffin, Jimmy Graham to a lesser extent, Drew Brees - he's definitely lost his fastball, and he's throwing picks like mad lately..
WTH? Brees and Graham? Brees was the #4 QB on average in my leagues and Graham was #2 even with all his injuries and turd games. But dont draft them again.

far from elite? he put up 69/1k/6 in 13 games. and 2 of those games were ruined due to injury where he left early.

i do tend to agree that green's adp will be a bit too high. i would prefer the other elite guys over him and i doubt he drops behind all of those guys. so i will be taking brown, calvin, demaryius, beckham, dez, julio, and jordy ahead of him. but if green drops past those guys and lands in the early 3rd, then hell ya sign me up. id still prefer him to cobb, jeffery, hilton, sanders, maclin,
Green? Good god. Yeah who wants a young talented WR on their team?

In redraft I could see not drafting the following due to price versus consistent performance:

Vereen on the Pats

Sproles on the Eagles

Raiders WRs

Panthers RBs

Chiefs "WRs"

That's off the top of my head. I'll add others as I go along.

In redraft I could see not drafting the following due to price versus consistent performance:

Vereen on the Pats

Sproles on the Eagles

Raiders WRs

Panthers RBs

Chiefs "WRs"

Minor quibble: Jonathan Stewart may slip a long way next year and IF (big "IF") he is healthy he may be fine value. He's looked great of late.

Vereen on the Pats

Sproles on the Eagles

Raiders WRs

Panthers RBs

Chiefs "WRs"

Minor quibble: Jonathan Stewart may slip a long way next year and IF (big "IF") he is healthy he may be fine value. He's looked great of late.
Stewart and healthy= unpossible! :)

Users who are viewing this thread