What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone else have Romo-TO-Witten? What is your plan? (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
It's great to make it into the big game but I felt fortunate that Romo had a decent night against the Giants, TO didn't do much and Witten was solid in PPR leagues but nothing spectacular. Now they jump to the Ravens, you can't expect big numbers, are you considering benching any of these 3? What are your options?

Would anyone actually go to the waiver wire to pick someone up with a better match up?

I don't think you can bench any of them at this point. I think Romo and Witten have a better chance at success than TO. I see alot of short passes by Romo. TO will have alligator arms against that Baltimore D.

I would assume that you're like most people and Witten is far and away your best Tight end. Romo is still a top flight QB, drama or not. I'd run him out there without a second thought.

Owens depends on who else you have at wideout. The numbers haven't been what owners would like of late, and if you have another good option, it's worth considering. However, he is still T.O., so he'll probably find the endzone 2-3 times as soon as you hit bench.

Ministry of Pain said:
It's great to make it into the big game but I felt fortunate that Romo had a decent night against the Giants, TO didn't do much and Witten was solid in PPR leagues but nothing spectacular. Now they jump to the Ravens, you can't expect big numbers, are you considering benching any of these 3? What are your options?Would anyone actually go to the waiver wire to pick someone up with a better match up?
In one league yes. I'm not having a great year (Diff league format then most other leagues....we haven't started playoffs yet). Oh...and yes they are all starting for me this week.

Gonna have to go with Romo and Witten. I have no other option at TE and my other option instead of Romo is Matt Ryan. Hoping home field and Cowboys fighting for their playoff lives will result in solid numbers.

Can't see anyone benching Witten as TE depth is scarce - but Romo is another story. He's banged up against the best def in the league - I may go Thigpen who has been hot.

I have a weird feeling that Romo will light it up and all those who benched him will be kicking themselves.

I have a weird feeling that Romo will light it up and all those who benched him will be kicking themselves.
That's funny because I was just thinking the same thing. I have Rodgers in the lineup right now but I just got a gut feeling that Romo could have a big night tonight. Primetime game, Barber banged up, etc. My only issue starting him is that we get -4 for INTs which is kind of scary playing against the Ravens. I haven't made up my mind yet.

Would love to put Romo out there, but going to bench him and go with Cassel. Romo will probably blow up (my luck), but Baltimore's D is nasty and they could put the hurtin' on TR.

That's funny because I was just thinking the same thing. I have Rodgers in the lineup right now but I just got a gut feeling that Romo could have a big night tonight. Primetime game, Barber banged up, etc. My only issue starting him is that we get -4 for INTs which is kind of scary playing against the Ravens. I haven't made up my mind yet.
My only concern is NY got a lot of pressure on Romo the last game, and 1 more shot to the back could really put him down. With that said Baltimore's pass rush doesn't really compare with NYG I don't think.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just benched Warner for Romo ..... with the snow storm in NE and all, and the bad part is I'm forced to start Choice and TO as well - that's a big gamble against a tough defense and I might regret it :confused:

Gonna have to go with Romo and Witten. I have no other option at TE and my other option instead of Romo is Matt Ryan. Hoping home field and Cowboys fighting for their playoff lives will result in solid numbers.
I have the same decision, but am leaning towards Ryan. I just don't think there are many points or yards out there tonight. I also have Orton on Monday night against a GB pass D that has looked horrible as of late, but the weather scares me. :pickle:

TO and Witten are in my starting lineup. I thought of replacing TO for Walter but I will roll with TO and Witten for the championship game. Hopefully they can put up big numbers in Texas Stadium's final game.

My only concern is NY got a lot of pressure on Romo the last game, and 1 more shot to the back could really put him down. With that said Baltimore's pass rush doesn't really compare with NYG I don't think.
Started Romo. What a horrible start, -8 for a while with the 2 picks. Gotta love garbage time points, salvaged 17 pts out of him. It's left to be seen if Romo out performs Rodgers for me.

The Romo/Witten combo looked like a disaster until the last five minutes. Very characteristic of Romo to play crappy most of the game and pull out some last minute points to salvage his fantasy week.

The Romo/Witten combo looked like a disaster until the last five minutes. Very characteristic of Romo to play crappy most of the game and pull out some last minute points to salvage his fantasy week.
Wasn't looking great there for a while, but that TD sure helped. So far I've had Witten and Wayne in the early games and I have a nice 42-0 cushion. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread