What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone not like Eddie Lacy? (1 Viewer)

Great point Linky. Looks like the WRs will be throwing their hands in the air on every play. Marshall and Alshon will have 15 plus TD seasons according to this new emphasis on defensive holding. WOW

I'm gonna miss him this year, probably gonna get drafted before I can get him. Part of a fun ride for me last year, here was my championship team (and round):

P. Manning (3)

McCoy (1)

Lacy (6)

D. Thomas (2)

K. Allen (14)

J. Thomas (15 - last round)

Seattle D (8)

Don't remember the kicker, and it didn't matter)

Had Moreno in and out of the lineup too, Garcon too.
Cool. Keep us updated on how your team does this year. :thumbup:

Eddie Lacy - RB - Packers
Packers RB coach Sam Gash said he's not worried about preserving Eddie Lacy's health.
Gash has a 230-pound beast and is ready to use him. "This is the NFL, you're not going to play this game until you're 45 or 50," he said. "A lot of people, especially the media, try to make it out, 'He's got to last.' He'll last as long as he's meant to last." Lacy averaged 21.2 touches per game as a rookie, a number that could very well rise as he stays on the field for more third downs. Gash said he's seen no deficiencies at all in Lacy's pass protection.

Source: Green Bay Press-Gazette
Jul 23 - 11:54 AM
When I read this yesterday, I imagine the feeling I got is like when an old guy going through a mid-life crisis must feel like when some hot 20-something girl flirts with him.

For a coach to come out and say plainly "RBs Run. They don't run forever. We got a good one. We are going to run him." I just get giddy. Not giddy like when they were saying last year in Buffalo that they were going to run Spiller until he left his lunch on the field. Not like that because I never believed it. I don't think SPiller is that kind of back. But I KNOW Lacy is that kind of back and I trust the Packers to be believable.

If you are a Lacy owner, seriously, you have, right now, one of the rarest RB situations to come along in a long time in that you most likely got him cheaper than you should have to start with and he is a legitimate threat to be one of the best backs in the NFL on one of the best teams in the NFL that has been scoring a lot in recent years. Nobody is going to argue Charles, Shady, ADP, and a few others going before him but you might realistically be sitting on the #1 back in ff and not by a little bit.

He could be like last year when the storm brewed for Charles. You just knew if he played all year he was going to lap the field. Lacy might do that this year.
Im curious what you project his receiving stats to be, what you think his TD total will be, and what you think Rodgers TD total will be. When I think of those three scenarios I have trouble with the idea he can even be in the top 5.
He was almost top 5 last year, as a rookie, and he missed (practically) 2 games. In one of those Starks had almost 170 total yards and a TD, and in the other Franklin and Starks combined for over 180 yds and another TD. He can certainly be top 5, I'm expecting it myself.
I don't think he has huge upside (i.e. #1 RB) but he has as good of a chance to finish top 5 as anyone.

Packers RB coach Sam Gash said he's not worried about preserving Eddie Lacy's health.
Gash has a 230-pound beast and is ready to use him. "This is the NFL, you're not going to play this game until you're 45 or 50," he said. "A lot of people, especially the media, try to make it out, 'He's got to last.' He'll last as long as he's meant to last." Lacy averaged 21.2 touches per game as a rookie, a number that could very well rise as he stays on the field for more third downs. Gash said he's seen no deficiencies at all in Lacy's pass protection.

When I read this yesterday, I imagine the feeling I got is like when an old guy going through a mid-life crisis must feel like when some hot 20-something girl flirts with him.

For a coach to come out and say plainly "RBs Run. They don't run forever. We got a good one. We are going to run him." I just get giddy. Not giddy like when they were saying last year in Buffalo that they were going to run Spiller until he left his lunch on the field. Not like that because I never believed it. I don't think SPiller is that kind of back. But I KNOW Lacy is that kind of back and I trust the Packers to be believable.

If you are a Lacy owner, seriously, you have, right now, one of the rarest RB situations to come along in a long time in that you most likely got him cheaper than you should have to start with and he is a legitimate threat to be one of the best backs in the NFL on one of the best teams in the NFL that has been scoring a lot in recent years. Nobody is going to argue Charles, Shady, ADP, and a few others going before him but you might realistically be sitting on the #1 back in ff and not by a little bit.

He could be like last year when the storm brewed for Charles. You just knew if he played all year he was going to lap the field. Lacy might do that this year.
Im curious what you project his receiving stats to be, what you think his TD total will be, and what you think Rodgers TD total will be. When I think of those three scenarios I have trouble with the idea he can even be in the top 5.
He was almost top 5 last year, as a rookie, and he missed (practically) 2 games. In one of those Starks had almost 170 total yards and a TD, and in the other Franklin and Starks combined for over 180 yds and another TD. He can certainly be top 5, I'm expecting it myself.
I don't think he has huge upside (i.e. #1 RB) but he has as good of a chance to finish top 5 as anyone.
I think some of the other guys pretty much summed up a good response to ITS' question. The only thing I will add is that Lacy, by the numbers, was extremely effective in short yardage at the goal line last year and IF you do end up with some pass interference calls skewed towards the offense this year, I have to imagine you can realistically guess on enough additional cheap 1-2 yard goal line snaps to allow Lacy to tack on 3-5 more TDs, right? I mean, if they get down there, he can deliver and you have to figure they are going to get into the RZ this year.

Just a hunch but I think if Rodgers is healthy all year, this is one of those years where he says "Ok, I'm on a mission."

Through one week of camp, the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel says Eddie Lacy "couldn't have looked any better."
The Journal-Sentinel says you'd be hard-pressed to find a subpar moment for Lacy, who is preparing himself for a mammoth workload in one of the league's elite offenses. "You know, I don't think he even cares if it's a zone or a gap scheme," backup QB Matt Flynn said. "He's going to find the hole." Lacy is reportedly "running through arm tackles" and "showing off top-notch speed for a big man." The second-year man is our pick at No. 5 overall in fantasy drafts.

Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel
Aug 1 - 8:31 AM

I don't. GB is going to put up video game 2011 esque numbers this season on offense IMO. Especially if they "emphasize" defensive holding, as per:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/21/get-ready-for-the-legion-of-boom-rule/

Which should open up the passing game even more. I could see easily over 500 points scored, with Rodgers up over 40 passing TD's and Lacy putting together ~1400 rush yards, ~15 TD and catching about 40 passes. Giving how deep they run at WR I'm not sure the extent to which he's going to be a key target in the passing game, but GB should be scoring at least 30 points a week this season. Especially with their RZ problems in 2012 and beginning of last year, I could see Lacy getting even more goaline work than usual as well, if that proves the case knock some of those TD's off the Rodgers tally and push Lacy further up toward 20 on the ground. It's gonna be fun to watch. Remember that McCarthy in his stints as coach has run the *$@& out of his guys if healthy and effective (Lacy to an extent last season, Ryan Grant over 300 carries in 2009, McAllister got 350+ when Mike was OC there).

How many catches Lacy has is dependent on how the WR and TE grouping shakes out, if Finley doesn't actually return or usage remains limited on the new guys they brought in this season I'd bump him.
Just picked up Brandon Bostick.

I like Eddie Lacy as my RB1 but have concerns about the concussion he had earlier in the season. With the leagues new protocol it might result in him missing a game or two. Otherwise, you've got a workhorse in a Top 5 Offense. Lots of Red Zone opportunity.

I like Eddie Lacy as my RB1 but have concerns about the concussion he had earlier in the season. With the leagues new protocol it might result in him missing a game or two. Otherwise, you've got a workhorse in a Top 5 Offense. Lots of Red Zone opportunity.
That dirty SOB Brandon Meriweather literally launched helmet first into the side of Lacy's helmet from a few feet away. I don't see concussions as a big concern given that anyone would have been banged up by that highly illegal and egregiously dirty hit.

That dirty SOB Brandon Meriweather literally launched helmet first into the side of Lacy's helmet from a few feet away. I don't see concussions as a big concern given that anyone would have been banged up by that highly illegal and egregiously dirty hit.
Yeah, completely dirty hit and atypical of what would be in regular game play. Its like a guy deliberately steering his car up onto a sidewalk to hit a jogger. You can't be afraid to go joggin again. You have to realize that was a fluke thing.

Traded Ellington and Gerhart for Lacy and Torrey Smith the other day in a 4/no restriction standard keeper league.

2 RB, 3 WR, 2 Flex

Keepers before

---

AP

AJ Green

Ellington

Gerhart

After

---

AP

AJ Green

Lacy

Torrey Smith

Pretty excited for the year, hoping for a 15 TD season!

Anybody even the slightest bit concerned with this guy and the hype he's getting? I'm eerily reminded of the T-Rich hype (not just on FBG but everywhere) last year that I unfortunately bought into, even though I knew his YPC was well under 4.0. I ignored that and saw the 12 td's, the hype and figured he was worth a top 6 pick, my bad. Not comparing the 2 players directly, just a few parallels to think about - second year backs, YPC on the low side, hype beginning to spiral as the season draws close.

I figure after AP, McCoy, Charles, Forte and Calvin, he probably should be in the next group's conversation, just torn on where. I get the respective offenses and schedules cannot easily be compared (Cleveland and Seattle last year v GB this year) but anyone have any major concerns with Lacy as opposed to the more proven dude(s) being drafted in similar range? I mean as a counter-argument, do Lynch's issues (holdout, mileage, age) make Lacy a better pick?

Not wanting to turn this into a Lacy v Lynch debate but their ADP's are, or should be, fairly close.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody even the slightest bit concerned with this guy and the hype he's getting? I'm eerily reminded of the T-Rich hype (not just on FBG but everywhere) last year that I unfortunately bought into, even though I knew his YPC was well under 4.0. I ignored that and saw the 12 td's, the hype and figured he was worth a top 6 pick, my bad. Not comparing the 2 players directly, just a few parallels to think about - second year backs, YPC on the low side, hype beginning to spiral as the season draws close.

I figure after AP, McCoy, Charles, Forte and Calvin, he is in the next group's conversation. But I just think back to this time last year and turning my back on the veteran more proven guy (Lynch) in favor of the shiny new toy (T-Rich) and regretting it week one. I get the respective offenses and schedules cannot easily be compared (Cleveland and Seattle last year v GB this year) but anyone have any major concerns with Lacy as opposed to the more proven dude(s) being drafted in similar range?
I certainly do- but I think even though Richardson's and Lacy's situation are similar from a YPC standpoint, there situations are really dissimilar in a lot of other respects.

Green Bay's offense is arguably the most high powered in the league. Aaron Rodgers always plays fantastic regardless of his offensive line, and he's got a healthy Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb heading into the season. Lacy is going to have a ton of goalline attempts.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lacy is disappointing from a pure efficiency standpoint, but it seems like he'll be the goalline back no matter what. We've seen enough from Starks and Harris to know what kind of players they are as well. I've got Lacy 6th on my board this year, though I'm still considering putting Dez/Demaryius in front of him. If he falls to me in the mid 1st round, I'm happy to take him.

Even though I think Demarco Murray might be the better talent and get more touches, given how great this offense is I think there's a big gap between Lacy and Murray.

I figure after AP, McCoy, Charles, Forte and Calvin, he is in the next group's conversation. But I just think back to this time last year and turning my back on the veteran more proven guy (Lynch) in favor of the shiny new toy (T-Rich) and regretting it week one. I get the respective offenses and schedules cannot easily be compared (Cleveland and Seattle last year v GB this year) but anyone have any major concerns with Lacy as opposed to the more proven dude(s) being drafted in similar range?
I certainly do- but I think even though Richardson's and Lacy's situation are similar from a YPC standpoint, there situations are really dissimilar in a lot of other respects.

Green Bay's offense is arguably the most high powered in the league. Aaron Rodgers always plays fantastic regardless of his offensive line, and he's got a healthy Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb heading into the season. Lacy is going to have a ton of goalline attempts.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lacy is disappointing from a pure efficiency standpoint, but it seems like he'll be the goalline back no matter what. We've seen enough from Starks and Harris to know what kind of players they are as well. I've got Lacy 6th on my board this year, though I'm still considering putting Dez/Demaryius in front of him. If he falls to me in the mid 1st round, I'm happy to take him.

Even though I think Demarco Murray might be the better talent and get more touches, given how great this offense is I think there's a big gap between Lacy and Murray.
Appreciate the viewpoint. I certainly see the vast differences between offenses that should lead to Lacy being a bit more "bust-proof" than someone like T-Rich. Just would hate to see him swallowed up by a Rodgers TD blitz while someone like Lynch goes and does what he always seems to do in Seattle, 1200+ yds and 12+ tds.

I think the richardson comparison is probably unwarranted, but I'm not sure I'm sold on lacy as elite superstud rather just very good.

I've always been concerned about the rb position in gb, as I feel they like to throw in the red zone, and it seems like he tended to score more with rodgers out, albeit on very small samples.

throwing out the first 2 weeks, he only scored 3x in 6 games with rodgers, while scoring 7x in 8 games without him.

doesn't make him terrible, but where he's getting drafted, a few td matter.

I think the richardson comparison is probably unwarranted, but I'm not sure I'm sold on lacy as elite superstud rather just very good.

I've always been concerned about the rb position in gb, as I feel they like to throw in the red zone, and it seems like he tended to score more with rodgers out, albeit on very small samples.

throwing out the first 2 weeks, he only scored 3x in 6 games with rodgers, while scoring 7x in 8 games without him.

Right and I didn't mean to make a direct comparison with Richardson if that is how it came across, more just a concern about similar hype levels and pretty similar YPC. I also am concerned that Rodgers might decide to throw as much as possible, so while the goalline carries could be plentiful, they may be scoring a lot from distance too. I see Lynch as a safer pick (or even go with Dez or DT who are also probably very safe picks) while Lacy could have a monster season or fall a bit flat relative to expectation. Last year's burn is making me look for safe in round 1.

I figure after AP, McCoy, Charles, Forte and Calvin, he probably should be in the next group's conversation, just torn on where. I get the respective offenses and schedules cannot easily be compared (Cleveland and Seattle last year v GB this year) but anyone have any major concerns with Lacy as opposed to the more proven dude(s) being drafted in similar range? I mean as a counter-argument, do Lynch's issues (holdout, mileage, age) make Lacy a better pick?

Not wanting to turn this into a Lacy v Lynch debate but their ADP's are, or should be, fairly close.
I don't see how anyone could possibly pick Lynch over Lacy this year. Lacy's arrow is pointing sky-high. He put the Packers on his back and carried them to several victories while Rodgers was out. His YPC with Rodgers under center is 4.5. That blows TRich out of the water, and is higher than Lynch averaged last year (4.2).

Comparing TRich to Lacy is ridiculous. The physical talent level might be close, but Lacy's vision is ten times better. He sees how the hole is developing, and if there's even a sliver, he attacks it ferociously. Little of their pro tapes are similar.

As high as I am on Lacy this year, he has little chance to get enough touches to break into the top 5 in scoring. Anywhere from 5th-8th in PPR is a solid projection. The Packers offense is going to be very balanced this year, and that's going to make it tough on any of Rodgers/Lacy/Nelson/Cobb to make a run at the top scoring in their respective positions. I think all of them are safe picks at their current APD, though, and an injury to either of Nelson/Cobb would vault the other person to top 7 potential. Look at where Nelson ended up in 2011 when the other WRs got hurt - he finished around #2.

I don't see how anyone could possibly pick Lynch over Lacy this year. Lacy's arrow is pointing sky-high. He put the Packers on his back and carried them to several victories while Rodgers was out. His YPC with Rodgers under center is 4.5. That blows TRich out of the water, and is higher than Lynch averaged last year (4.2).

Comparing TRich to Lacy is ridiculous. The physical talent level might be close, but Lacy's vision is ten times better. He sees how the hole is developing, and if there's even a sliver, he attacks it ferociously. Little of their pro tapes are similar.

As high as I am on Lacy this year, he has no chance to get enough touches to break into the top 5 in scoring. Anywhere from 5th-8th is a solid projection. The Packers offense is going to be very balanced this year, and that's going to make it tough on any of Rodgers/Lacy/Nelson/Cobb to make a run at high scoring in their respective positions.
I wasn't making a direct player ability/talent/offense comparison at all. Just an observation on hype surrounding two year 2 players being drafted well ahead of more proven guys in a lot of drafts.

this just isn't true, and why people need to be careful to vet out all these numbers that get thrown around all the time.

in weeks 5, 6, 7, 8, 17, and wildcard lacy put up a 3.9 ypc average, and it gets worse if you wanted to add in week 1.

He did the same thing to Brandon Marshall on a TD catch. I (sports) hate that guy.

He did the same thing to Brandon Marshall on a TD catch. I (sports) hate that guy.
Same Packers game he tried doing it to Starks too...Starks ended up knocking him backwards instead.

this just isn't true, and why people need to be careful to vet out all these numbers that get thrown around all the time.

in weeks 5, 6, 7, 8, 17, and wildcard lacy put up a 3.9 ypc average, and it gets worse if you wanted to add in week 1.
What do you mean it's not true? The stats are right here.

Week 1 14 41

Week 2 1 10

Week 5 23 99

Week 6 23 120

Week 7 22 82

Week 8 29 94

Week 9 22 150

Total 134 596

4.45 YPC

It does get worse when adding in week 17 + playoffs. I didn't look at that. But to start the season he was humming along really nicely when Rodgers was under center.

In all fairness, the hype doesn't mean anything bad necessarily. Plenty of guys who've been heavily touted went on to perform really well, that's just much less memorable than a situation like Richardson's last year.

I personally see a clear top 3 in Charles/McCoy/AP, and then it gets murky after that with Forte/Lacy/Murray vs Calvin/Dez/DT/Graham (non-PPR). I think I consider Forte and Lacy at the front of that bunch (mainly just due to playing non-PPR) and Murray at the back mainly due to likely less TD opps and injury concerns for both Murray himself and Romo as well. Lacy's size/offense give him as high a TD upside as anyone which is huge.

Who else, besides Charles, McCoy, and Peterson, is a superstud? Gio? Forte? Murray? I would venture to say no one at the moment.

Who else, besides Charles, McCoy, and Peterson, is a superstud? Gio? Forte? Murray? I would venture to say no one at the moment.
well, I play ppr, so certainly forte, but this is all fairly subjective.

regardless, the way these other guys are defined has no bearing on lacy's superstudliness.

As high as I am on Lacy this year, he has little chance to get enough touches to break into the top 5 in scoring. Anywhere from 5th-8th in PPR is a solid projection. The Packers offense is going to be very balanced this year, and that's going to make it tough on any of Rodgers/Lacy/Nelson/Cobb to make a run at the top scoring in their respective positions. I think all of them are safe picks at their current APD, though, and an injury to either of Nelson/Cobb would vault the other person to top 7 potential. Look at where Nelson ended up in 2011 when the other WRs got hurt - he finished around #2.
Who are the 4-7 RBs you see finishing above him? After AP, Charles, Shady and maybe Forte it's pretty wide open IMO with Lacy above the rest of the pack..

I personally see a clear top 3 in Charles/McCoy/AP, and then it gets murky after that with Forte/Lacy/Murray vs Calvin/Dez/DT/Graham (non-PPR). I think I consider Forte and Lacy at the front of that bunch (mainly just due to playing non-PPR) and Murray at the back mainly due to likely less TD opps and injury concerns for both Murray himself and Romo as well. Lacy's size/offense give him as high a TD upside as anyone which is huge.
Who are the 4-7 RBs you see finishing above him? After AP, Charles, Shady and maybe Forte it's pretty wide open IMO with Lacy above the rest of the pack..
this is a little bit of what I'm talking about.

here are a few select recent posts, and nowhere is montee ball even mentioned in passing, while lacy's ### has already been crowned by virtue of being the lead back in an explosive offense.

what kind of sense does that make?

now, I'm not saying you have to take montee over lacy, and I'm not saying you'd have to take montee at 1.05, but considering ball + moreno cashed in 17x in the most productive offense in history is there some reason lacy is so far above the guy he can't even get a mention -- just as an example?

He seems to be the best of an average lot at RB this season. He was a good player on a great college team. His success will be determined by situation/opportunity, I dont think his talent will carry him if his situation is bad.
Damn those avg RB's were pretty good and if you are in a dyno startup they are littering the 1st/2nd/3rd rounds even guys like Ellington and Stacy.

What a GREAT class of RB's this was too bad most people slept on them

here are a few select recent posts, and nowhere is montee ball even mentioned in passing, while lacy's ### has already been crowned by virtue of being the lead back in an explosive offense.

now, I'm not saying you have to take montee over lacy, and I'm not saying you'd have to take montee at 1.05, but considering ball + moreno cashed in 17x in the most productive offense in history is there some reason lacy is so far above the guy he can't even get a mention -- just as an example?
I'll be keeping lacy and ball this year so I am very much in the montee camp. Gun to my head, I keep lacy over him 10 times out of ten. But I get that he's in the convo. Who else is my question. I responded to the post that was putting lacy as far as RB8. No way am I taking Gio or Murray over lacy.

i predict that eddie do not call me frilly lacy will be a beast from the seventh dimension of hell this year who will run over defenders on his way to the touchdown place a ton of times and people who do not draft him will end up saying man i wish i would have drafted him take that to the bank brohans

I'm not sure Lacy is an elite talent but his situation makes up for any concerns. He is well rounded and seems a lock to post RB1 numbers.

Other guys ranked around Lacy outside of the big 3: Forte, Lynch, Murray, Foster, Bell, Ball, Dougie, Gio.

Lacy's receptions should go up; his carries should go up (thinking 300+); with defenses fearing Rodgers arm and opening bigger lanes, his ypc should go up; with a better, more productive offense, his TD's could go up (12-15 total seems realistic).

Point is, I could definitely see situations where Lacy is #1 Fantasy RB by the end of the year. I can't say that about any of the guys listed above.

Other guys ranked around Lacy outside of the big 3: Forte, Lynch, Murray, Foster, Bell, Ball, Dougie, Gio.

Lacy's receptions should go up; his carries should go up (thinking 300+); with defenses fearing Rodgers arm and opening bigger lanes, his ypc should go up; with a better, more productive offense, his TD's could go up (12-15 total seems realistic).

Point is, I could definitely see situations where Lacy is #1 Fantasy RB by the end of the year. I can't say that about any of the guys listed above.
I agree except I can see a scenario where Foster is the #1 Rb in fantasy. Yes, it's a huge elephant of concern with the injuries, but if healthy, he's on the right team to do it, he's done it (which is something not to be overlooked), and he has the right skills to be in the hunt all year.

Again, the concerns loom large so I get why a lot of people won't agree or will even avoid Foster but he is definitely in that conversation of players who could be the #1 RB. All it takes is health, which is the same thing we say for ANY RB. He doesn't need special scenarios or a team that score 2000 times. All he has to do is be Arian Foster.

Actually, i think the point is i could pencil any of those other guys in for #1 numbers and they'd finish #1.

Shutout said:
unckeyherb said:

I agree except I can see a scenario where Foster is the #1 Rb in fantasy. Yes, it's a huge elephant of concern with the injuries, but if healthy, he's on the right team to do it, he's done it (which is something not to be overlooked), and he has the right skills to be in the hunt all year.

Again, the concerns loom large so I get why a lot of people won't agree or will even avoid Foster but he is definitely in that conversation of players who could be the #1 RB. All it takes is health, which is the same thing we say for ANY RB. He doesn't need special scenarios or a team that score 2000 times. All he has to do is be Arian Foster.
I disagree. His situation is significantly different this year than it was during his heyday. Downgrade at QB, new offensive system, a laundry list of injuries, coupled with a huge workload the last few years and as gravy, he admits to thinking about retiring last year. Combine that with a rd 2 ADP and Foster is definitely on my do not draft list.

Ilov80s said:
I'm not sure Lacy is an elite talent but his situation makes up for any concerns. He is well rounded and seems a lock to post RB1 numbers.
I think this hits it on the head. I'm not too impressed with him, but his situation more than makes up for it. He's a solid RB1, but I personally think that you're drafting him close to his ceiling. I just don't picture him being a top 3 RB. Outside of injury however I think he's mostly like a top 10 RB. So you're paying what you're most likely going to get for him, and there is nothing wrong with that.

Shutout said:
unckeyherb said:

I disagree. His situation is significantly different this year than it was during his heyday. Downgrade at QB, new offensive system, a laundry list of injuries, coupled with a huge workload the last few years and as gravy, he admits to thinking about retiring last year. Combine that with a rd 2 ADP and Foster is definitely on my do not draft list.
I am avoiding Foster but I gotta say that I don't think Fitzpatrick is such a big downgrade from Schaub, even when Shaub was playing well, and Foster was on a very big yardage pace last year when Schaub was playing poorly.

If you look at the numbers Fitz compiles some pretty good stats and has enough ability to keep defenses honest. My bigger concern is the change in offense. I have no idea what to expect with O'Brien as HC.

Kool-Aid Larry said:

This is fair, I completely forgot about Ball when I made my post but he'd definitely be in the RB tier with Forte/Lacy/Murray for me, and probably at least ahead of Murray. I prefer Lacy to Ball and I think it's simply that we have already seen a whole season of Lacy doing pretty well and with Rodgers the offense should be comparable to the Broncos. Ball would be ahead of Foster, Gio, Leveon, etc for me.

Kool-Aid Larry said:
unckeyherb said:

Actually, i think the point is i could pencil any of those other guys in for #1 numbers and they'd finish #1.
So you are saying that you could see any one of Lynch, Murray, Foster, Bell, Ball, Martin or Gio finishing as the RB1 this year? And more so than Lacy?

Also, all you can do is pencil numbers in. 300 carries is not really an increase from last year (averaged 20 per game over 14 games last year, which would put him into 320+ territory), nor is 12+ TDs-he had 11 last year. Do you disagree that having a healthy Rodgers, Cobb, Nelson should push the defenses back a little, giving him more running room? Do you disagree that these pieces that were missing for most of last year will have a positive impact on the offense and should put Lacy in more chances to score?

Kool-Aid Larry said:
unckeyherb said:

So you are saying that you could see any one of Lynch, Murray, Foster, Bell, Ball, Martin or Gio finishing as the RB1 this year? And more so than Lacy?

Also, all you can do is pencil numbers in. 300 carries is not really an increase from last year (averaged 20 per game over 14 games last year, which would put him into 320+ territory), nor is 12+ TDs-he had 11 last year. Do you disagree that having a healthy Rodgers, Cobb, Nelson should push the defenses back a little, giving him more running room? Do you disagree that these pieces that were missing for most of last year will have a positive impact on the offense and should put Lacy in more chances to score?
I agree that Mike McCarthy has a 14 year history of throwing the ball near the goal line and has had only one running back crack more than 11 total TDs in a single season during that time, Deuce McCallister with 16 TDs in 2002. Deuce is also the only back to crack 2,000 total yards in a McCarthy offense (2003).

I think Eddie can achieve maybe 1,800 yards and maybe 15 TDs because of the reasons you state, but he is working against a lot of history on all fronts. And FTR I have him as RB#4 on my board, a lot of that also to do with the fact that I think he has a higher floor than many RBs.

Users who are viewing this thread