What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone not like Eddie Lacy? (1 Viewer)

Think the best case scenario IF you have Starks handcuffed is that they just flat out make Lacy inactive. I think a full dose of Starks will get you closer to the production you expect rather than if Lacy plays and possibly plays part-time.

If he sits and can play next week AND your team survives, that suddenly looks very juicy.
Yeah...hoping in a way that is the scenario (and GB wins too).

Then plug Starks or AJ Green (vs Haden...oof) in at flex and hope I make it through to have a healthier Lacy vs. TB in the title game.
Not to get off topic, and I know Haden has been tough on AJ Green, but impressed that you have a bunch of guys that make AJ just a flex for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like we won't know until Saturday if he might go. Could be GTD.

Some interesting comments here...

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-have-worked-to-limit-hits-on-eddie-lacy-b99407426z1-285581561.html

Lacy has done only a few ball drills this week in practice because the pain in his hip has been too great, leaving his status in doubt heading into the final practice Saturday morning. He will have a fourth straight day of rest and treatment Friday and then be re-evaluated Saturday.

"It all depends on how my body feels," Lacy said. "If I can go out and play through that pain without setting the team back or putting the team at a disadvantage, I'll go out and do that. If not, then I'm not going to risk that."

Lacy said he didn't know how to characterize the injury except that it was painful. He said it did not occur as a result of contact, which would suggest it's a muscle strain. He wasn't specific about when it happened, but it appears to have occurred on his final carry of the game, a 1-yard loss with 5 minutes 28 seconds left.

"I just planted and tried to cut back up field and get vertical, after I ran into those two big dudes," he said. "I bounced outside and when I planted on my left leg to push off it (was when it happened)."

"It definitely isn't as simple as an ankle injury where you can just spat it out and go out there and play," he said. "That's what we have to figure out."
Would love to hear Jene Bramel's thoughts on the mechanism of injury and possible recovery time.

Lacy has played through injury before (see above article), but given GB's conservative medical staff, I could see them sitting him until he's ready.

FWIW, I don't think Starks will get 'Lacy stats' @BUF. Probably just used to keep the offense honest. Would guess Kuhn gets GL carries and DuJuan Harris gets some touches too.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-have-worked-to-limit-hits-on-eddie-lacy-b99407426z1-285581561.html

Lacy has done only a few ball drills this week in practice because the pain in his hip has been too great, leaving his status in doubt heading into the final practice Saturday morning. He will have a fourth straight day of rest and treatment Friday and then be re-evaluated Saturday.

"It all depends on how my body feels," Lacy said. "If I can go out and play through that pain without setting the team back or putting the team at a disadvantage, I'll go out and do that. If not, then I'm not going to risk that."

Lacy said he didn't know how to characterize the injury except that it was painful. He said it did not occur as a result of contact, which would suggest it's a muscle strain. He wasn't specific about when it happened, but it appears to have occurred on his final carry of the game, a 1-yard loss with 5 minutes 28 seconds left.

"I just planted and tried to cut back up field and get vertical, after I ran into those two big dudes," he said. "I bounced outside and when I planted on my left leg to push off it (was when it happened)."

"It definitely isn't as simple as an ankle injury where you can just spat it out and go out there and play," he said. "That's what we have to figure out."
Would love to hear Jene Bramel's thoughts on the mechanism of injury and possible recovery time.

Lacy has played through injury before (see above article), but given GB's conservative medical staff, I could see them sitting him until he's ready.

FWIW, I don't think Starks will get 'Lacy stats' @BUF. Probably just used to keep the offense honest. Would guess Kuhn gets GL carries and DuJuan Harris gets some touches too.
I thought it happened on that 4th quarter pass to him in the end zone, he leapt up, made a very nice play on the ball but missed, and then fell on his hip. He was slow to get up.

What awful timing! I suppose this is the "wild card" nature of fantasy football. It doesn't look too good for Lacy to start this Sunday at least for now. I have Lacy on both of my playoff teams and I did not trade him early in the year when I received numerous offers. I was all in on Lacy this year! I did pick up on Starks but I am not too thrilled with him. For all those Lacy owners, I am thinking about you! What are your options should Lacy rest this Sunday?
had Lacy, Foster, A. Brown, ODB going. Was trying to decide between Ingram and Evans as my flex. Now its looking like they both will play. I rushed to pick up Starks but I can't see starting him.
i also rushed to grab starks, but it's a terrible matchup. i used tre mason last night (oof) because of so many questionable players on my roster.

similar team to you, right now i have ingram going at my other RB. ODB & Watkins at my WR spots. for my 2 Flexes, i now have Lacy & Julio, both GTD's. backup options are rashad jennings, starks, and witten. even if lacy is starting i'm terrified to roll with him, and might just sub in jennings rather than stress about it. but if julio is out then i have to decide on lacy vs. starks. gonna be an interesting sunday morning.

Think the best case scenario IF you have Starks handcuffed is that they just flat out make Lacy inactive. I think a full dose of Starks will get you closer to the production you expect rather than if Lacy plays and possibly plays part-time.

If he sits and can play next week AND your team survives, that suddenly looks very juicy.
Yeah...hoping in a way that is the scenario (and GB wins too).

Then plug Starks or AJ Green (vs Haden...oof) in at flex and hope I make it through to have a healthier Lacy vs. TB in the title game.
Not to get off topic, and I know Haden has been tough on AJ Green, but impressed that you have a bunch of guys that make AJ just a flex for you.
Evans and ODB have come through.

Why does anyone still think Kuhn is some threat to anything?

I think Monday was the most action he has seen in quite some time.

...but will split touches with Starks. I don't know if thats conjecture or reality. Splitting would be the worst news for owners.

...but will split touches with Starks. I don't know if thats conjecture or reality. Splitting would be the worst news for owners.
Worse yet would be for him to be active, but only available if Starks goes down. That's a likely scenario if the Pack get up early, which means Lacy owners are hoping Buffalo can keep Rodgers in check like they did Manning last week. CJ Anderson had three TDs - Ugh, it's a touch call.

I feel like this game is going to be closer than some think... hell, the Bills could even pull off an upset. We know how random the NFL can be. If that is the case it definitely helps out Lacy's value this week.

unckeyherb said:
I hear you on this, Uncheyherb. I have not a clue what to do as I own both Lacy and Starks. What are the opinions on starting either against the Bills? What a conundrum for playoff weekend.

I honestly can't see starting either of them. I've got decent backup options in Ingram and Evans so its an easier decision for me. Push comes to shove I'd wait till the last minute and if reports are that Lacy looks ok then I guess I'd start him. Truth be told, I wasn't really excited about his chances this week BEFORE the injury BS came up.

Starks' homecoming game FWIW.

Lacy is probable and people are sitting him? Wow, must be nice having that kind of depth. He is playing for me. He has 6 strait 100 yard games. If the Bills pass rush is as good as advertised, he will catch a minimum of 5 passes and should get goal line work.

i got burned by overanlysis on mason,

hate to do that here, lacy has saved my season...

still, if hes playing i might find it hard to bench him

Id like to see McCarthy's statement that "hinted" at the split.
I hope it's OK to leave links...

http://blog.packers.com/2014/12/12/news-now-eddie-lacy-probable-for-sunday-in-buffalo/

If Lacy is probable, I will more than likely roll with him as he has carried my team this far..

Also, I think Lacy's style of running will be tough for Bills to defend (if completely healthy). Get him in the open field on a pass and look out Bills.
Seems like a lot of reading through the lines to get to a "likely" split. Sounds like he thinks Eddie will be ready to go. He also mentions that both RBs have done well on all 3 downs. If you have watched the GB games, they don't take either RB out on 3rd down, etc. They pretty much alternate series (with Lacy getting more series) and also Lacy often coming in at the GL. Seems like MM basically is saying that Sunday looks like last week, without trying to interpret it in a way as to ignore what GB has already been doing.

Id like to see McCarthy's statement that "hinted" at the split.
I hope it's OK to leave links...

http://blog.packers.com/2014/12/12/news-now-eddie-lacy-probable-for-sunday-in-buffalo/

If Lacy is probable, I will more than likely roll with him as he has carried my team this far..

Also, I think Lacy's style of running will be tough for Bills to defend (if completely healthy). Get him in the open field on a pass and look out Bills.
Seems like a lot of reading through the lines to get to a "likely" split. Sounds like he thinks Eddie will be ready to go. He also mentions that both RBs have done well on all 3 downs. If you have watched the GB games, they don't take either RB out on 3rd down, etc. They pretty much alternate series (with Lacy getting more series) and also Lacy often coming in at the GL. Seems like MM basically is saying that Sunday looks like last week, without trying to interpret it in a way as to ignore what GB has already been doing.
I very much appreciate your optimism and insights, Stbugs!

Lacy is probable and people are sitting him? Wow, must be nice having that kind of depth. He is playing for me. He has 6 strait 100 yard games. If the Bills pass rush is as good as advertised, he will catch a minimum of 5 passes and should get goal line work.
I'm one of the people that want Lacy to be locked in and good to go but honestly I see this as a bad setup.

If he's not 100% you know they are going to rotate more.

If he IS 100%, this is still not a great matchup because the Bills defense is nasty.

That means he has to stay in more and block (something he is good at) and the range of the Bills Lbers means he isn't going to be the prime producer catching a screen pass here or there. Bradham and Hughes and Preston will be on him like a hiccup.

Goal line...maybe, maybe not but honestly, I see this being one of those games where they strike from far out because the isolated 2nd and 3rd DB is where you can attack the Bills and the packers have the guys to do that perfectly.

I've got Watkins and stills as backup options. Going to follow this closely.

Yes...I do have depth. Its why I hung on to a guy like Joique Bell all year and he has a nice matchup this week that allows me to have Lacy or Green as a flex.

My Lacy team has been eliminated, so not overthinking things for a consolation match, but FWIW, if things still sound iffy tomorrow morning, I'll sit him for Crowell.

Today's (Saturday) practice update will be crucial in terms of deciding what to do with Lacy. I have him on two of my best playoff teams...

Today's (Saturday) practice update will be crucial in terms of deciding what to do with Lacy. I have him on two of my best playoff teams...
Saturday practice?

They are done... he's listed as Probable. Question is how much do they limit him in the actual game.

Rotoworld:

Eddie Lacy - RB - Packers

ESPN Packers reporter Rob Demovsky expects there to be a 50-50 timeshare between Eddie Lacy (hip, probable) and James Starks Week 15 against the Bills.

Demovsky said the plan was to split work between Lacy and Starks even before Lacy hurt his hip late in the Packers' win over the Falcons on Monday night. In a tough matchup and with an uncertain workload, Lacy is more of an RB2 for the fantasy semifinals.

Source: ESPN.com

Dec 13 - 12:51 PM

Saturday practice?

They are done... he's listed as Probable. Question is how much do they limit him in the actual game.
I am actually responding to something I read about a Saturday update and recall seeing "practice" mentioned although I can be mistaken. If I can find the source I will post it here.

Saturday practice?

I am actually responding to something I read about a Saturday update and recall seeing "practice" mentioned although I can be mistaken. If I can find the source I will post it here.
Yes, they are practicing today and were off Friday for treatment.

Doubt today's practice is much, but McCarthy would likely give some sort of update.

Not sure I can trust and conjecture out of Demovsky about 50-50 being expected or planned late in the year anyway. Im sure its possible to "save" Lacy for the playoffs. But late in a game to closeout and try to get home field throughout...Id rather see Lacy out there than Starks.

50/50 in series or carries? They split 13/10 last game anyway and a lot of Lacy's games have been in that same range.

Absolute worst-case scenario:

GB receives the kickoff, Rodgers TD pass.

Buffalo punts.

Rodgers TD pass.

Pick-6 by the Packers... 21-0.

At that point, Lacy may take his pads off.

Rotoworld:

Eddie Lacy - RB - Packers

ESPN Packers reporter Rob Demovsky expects there to be a 50-50 timeshare between Eddie Lacy (hip, probable) and James Starks Week 15 against the Bills.

Demovsky said the plan was to split work between Lacy and Starks even before Lacy hurt his hip late in the Packers' win over the Falcons on Monday night. In a tough matchup and with an uncertain workload, Lacy is more of an RB2 for the fantasy semifinals.

Source: ESPN.com

Dec 13 - 12:51 PM
i dont buy that his usage will be any different than it has been. hes split with starks in plenty of games this year and been effective in those games.

12-7

13-0

11-8

17-0

13-12

14-8

12-7

13-2

14-5

10-8

25-1

22-1

really dont know why there is such a split in some games and not in others. def, when theres a blowout, the pack are more inclined to give starks touches, but there have been plenty of close games where starks gets a nice workload. anyway, i dont buy a 5050 workload at all. i think lacy gets at least 60%, as he has all year.

13-10

He's probable, he's in my lineup

I overthought mason into my lineup

Not gonna do it with lacy, he's been too good for me, and probable means he's in...

Re-read this article,

http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/16224/packers-eddie-lacy-looks-good-to-go

focused on this:

..the Packers went into the Falcons game planning to rotate Lacy and James Starks. Even before Lacy went down in the fourth quarter, Starks received significant playing time. Together, they combined for 148 yards (75 for Starks on 10 carries and 73 for Lacy on 13 carries) and the Packers rushed for a season-high 179 yards against Atlanta.
Lacy also had 9 targets, which is excellent for PPR. Given that BUF might be tough to run against and has a pretty ferocious pass rush, might be alot of dumpoffs.

Re-read this article,

http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/16224/packers-eddie-lacy-looks-good-to-go

focused on this:

..the Packers went into the Falcons game planning to rotate Lacy and James Starks. Even before Lacy went down in the fourth quarter, Starks received significant playing time. Together, they combined for 148 yards (75 for Starks on 10 carries and 73 for Lacy on 13 carries) and the Packers rushed for a season-high 179 yards against Atlanta.
Lacy also had 9 targets, which is excellent for PPR. Given that BUF might be tough to run against and has a pretty ferocious pass rush, might be alot of dumpoffs.
Agreed with the receptions. Drop into coverage and get a little rush means dumpoff. Though, their ability to rush may keep the backs in to block longer than they have been.

As for the article...this planning to rotate thing seems very similar to all the 50/50 talk...conjecture from Demovksy? Have not seen anything out of the coaches to indicate that much of a split.

Absolute worst-case scenario:

GB receives the kickoff, Rodgers TD pass.

Buffalo punts.

Rodgers TD pass.

Pick-6 by the Packers... 21-0.

At that point, Lacy may take his pads off.
Starks returning home... Check out this Video

James Starks talks returning to Buffalo - PackersAs a Packer Homer, I can see a scenario where they get up big, and Starks becomes setup for a big game.

Quoted Yesterday

McCarthy didn’t address whether Lacy’s usual workload would be curtailed at all due to his injury, but either way, RB James Starks is also ready to go. Starks got the most work he’s had in over a month this past Monday night vs. Atlanta, rushing for 73 yards.

“We’ll see how the game goes,” McCarthy said. “I feel very comfortable going with Eddie and James. It’s something we spent the whole offseason getting ready for. Both guys have done a great job being three-down players.”

For Starks, the game in Buffalo will be a return to his roots for the first time as a pro. The Packers haven’t played in Buffalo since 2006 and Starks was drafted in 2010. He’s from the area and went to college at Buffalo. He expects to have a strong rooting section in the Ralph Wilson Stadium stands.

“I can’t even really count (how many people),” Starks said. “I know a lot of people going that already got tickets. I just got 20 tickets for myself and my family. Other people already had their tickets for a while, so they’ve been waiting for this game since the beginning of the year. It’s going to be fun.”

Added McCarthy: “There’s no place like home. Everybody loves going back to their hometown. I know it’s special for him and his family. James is always smiling, and his smile is a little bigger this week. He’ll go out and play like he always does.”

I'm very strongly considering benching Lacy for Crowell in a .5 PPR league.

I think best case scenario is Starks getting a little more work than usual and a nearly 50/50 split, which will mean Lacy's going to have a tough time being relevant this week unless he catches a lot of dumpoffs or scores a TD. I don't see much chance of Lacy being a workhorse today. Worst case scenario is the Pack getting up big and riding Starks a little more to give Lacy's hip a break.

Maybe Crowell only gets 50% of the carries for Cleveland, but I like his chance to run well and score more than Lacy's, and I see there being less risk too.

Just heard on TV that Green Bay will "protect" Lacy against the Bills. Looks like Starks will be the main back but who knows! So hard to know what to do but perhaps Starks is the safer play today.

crap, i was gonna play him, but now taking blooms advice and going with fjax over him.

good luck to everyone this weekend!

I've flip-flopped between starting Lacy, starting Lacy AND Starks and starting neither of them due to the uncertainty. What a dilemma. At the moment, putting Ingram in over both but not feeling good about it, what a week for him to get dinged up.

It means that, if Lacy shows any signs of struggling...
- PFT, on the meaning of "monitor".

Lacy has been probable all week, no? Was he ever downgraded?

And aside from 2 games (Min & NE) when has he been a workhorse all year? He doesn't have to be a workhorse to do well. His game has improved with the receptions and teams laying off the line due to Rodgers, better matchups, and his own improved running of course.

CJ Anderson was 21/58 (2.8ypc) last week, this was always going to be a tough matchup. One of those Lacy 10/40/0 games we saw early in the year seems like a real possibility but he has also become a big part of the passing game including at the goaline. 4 games with a receiving TD in the last 5, plus Buf has allowed 2 games with 3 rushing Tds in the last 6 including last week to another pass happy team. I don't have magnificent options. I'm sticking with him.

It means that, if Lacy shows any signs of struggling...
- PFT, on the meaning of "monitor".

Lacy has been probable all week, no? Was he ever downgraded?

And aside from 2 games (Min & NE) when has he been a workhorse all year? He doesn't have to be a workhorse to do well. His game has improved with the receptions and teams laying off the line due to Rodgers, better matchups, and his own improved running of course.

CJ Anderson was 21/58 (2.8ypc) last week, this was always going to be a tough matchup. One of those Lacy 10/40/0 games we saw early in the year seems like a real possibility but he has also become a big part of the passing game including at the goaline. 4 games with a receiving TD in the last 5, plus Buf has allowed 2 games with 3 rushing Tds in the last 6 including last week to another pass happy team. I don't have magnificent options. I'm sticking with him.
Would you start him over Ingram this week? As a Saints fan, i'd be very curious on your opinion because Ingram scares me too.

Users who are viewing this thread