What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone starting Vereen this week? (1 Viewer)

The fact the Pats are being so quiet about Vereen leads me to think that not only will they activate but they plan on using him quite a bit and in different ways. They don't want the Panthers to gameplan for Vereen.

Keeping him on IR until Monday means:

a)they don't have to give status reports about his availability on the injury report (almost a loophole if you ask me)

b)they don't have to make him available to the media at all.

They have a roster spot open for someone. Logic suggests it is Vereen.

I think the league should require injury report updates on a player if he is eligible to come off IR that week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Per Rotoworld's most recent blurb...

ESPN Boston's Field Yates suspects we won't know Shane Vereen's (wrist) Week 11 availability until Monday.
Wearer of many hats, Yates is a fantasy football guru in addition to covering the Patriots for ESPN and appearing on NFL Insiders. We noticed on Twitter that Yates recommended fantasy owners "wait a week or so to see how (Vereen) is eased in upon return." The Pats still haven't activated Vereen from I.R./designated for return, though they almost certainly will, and we expect Vereen to play against the Panthers' stout defense. Having not appeared in a football game in over two months, Vereen will be a dicey flex option

The fact the Pats are being so quiet about Vereen leads me to think that not only will they activate but they plan on using him quite a bit and in different ways. They don't want the Panthers to gameplan for Vereen.
I have faith enough in the team to bet that the Panthers are indeed gameplanning for Vereen. And despite the fact that I snagged him off our waiver wire don't plan on testing those waters. The following matchup at home vs Denver looks more encouraging.

ESPN Boston's Field Yates suspects we won't know Shane Vereen's (wrist) Week 11 availability until Monday.
Wearer of many hats, Yates is a fantasy football guru in addition to covering the Patriots for ESPN and appearing on NFL Insiders. We noticed on Twitter that Yates recommended fantasy owners "wait a week or so to see how (Vereen) is eased in upon return." The Pats still haven't activated Vereen from I.R./designated for return, though they almost certainly will, and we expect Vereen to play against the Panthers' stout defense. Having not appeared in a football game in over two months, Vereen will be a dicey flex option
That was a pretty useless rotoworld blurb. First of all Yates made that tweet 24 hours ago. Secondly all Yates is giving is his opinion on fantasy advice and it has nothing to do with inside info.

The fact they opened up a roster spot today(assumingly for Vereen) hasn't even been reported on rotoworld yet and it is much more relevant news. Rotoworld is getting less and less reliable at reporting hard news facts. Too much opinion now.

For instance last week they said 4 or 5 times that Cecil Shorts missed practice on Wednesday and Thursday. But that is not true, according to the Jags injury report he practiced on a limited basis on Wednesday in Week 10.

That was a pretty useless rotoworld blurb. First of all Yates made that tweet 24 hours ago. Secondly all Yates is giving is his opinion on fantasy advice and it has nothing to do with inside info.

The fact they opened up a roster spot today(assumingly for Vereen) hasn't even been reported on rotoworld yet and it is much more relevant news. Rotoworld is getting less and less reliable at reporting hard news facts. Too much opinion now.

For instance last week they said 4 or 5 times that Cecil Shorts missed practice on Wednesday and Thursday. But that is not true, according to the Jags injury report he practiced on a limited basis on Wednesday in Week 10.
Agreed-don't shoot the messenger, just want to add as much to the thread as possible. I don't know this dude, Yates-maybe someone can attest?

I said already that I would be shocked if he isn't a go on MNF and I'd be very surprised if he was not a fairly big part of the gameplan.

Rotoworld has been terrible this year. Try using them as a resource for IDPs or even offensive players that matter only in deeper leagues. There's guys that have been injured or had their roles change significantly with no update since the off season. In some cases none since the spring.

Users who are viewing this thread