What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Arian Foster torn hamstring? Per John Clayton (1 Viewer)

I just listened to Matthew Berry on the radio. He says that he is very concerned now- he thinks Foster will miss the first week, and possibly 2-3. The bigger fear, though, is that Tate will perform so well in the first week or so that Kubiak will go to a time share situation for the rest of the season. At the moment, Berry has Foster 4th behind Peterson, Charles, and McCoy, with CJ moving into the top 3 if he signs this week. But he says he could drop further.
The absolute LEAST of my worries is this turning into a timeshare. Tate could rush for 150/2 in the first week or two, and it wouldnt change a thingKubiak has already clarified this situation.
:blackdot:

I just listened to Matthew Berry on the radio. He says that he is very concerned now- he thinks Foster will miss the first week, and possibly 2-3. The bigger fear, though, is that Tate will perform so well in the first week or so that Kubiak will go to a time share situation for the rest of the season. At the moment, Berry has Foster 4th behind Peterson, Charles, and McCoy, with CJ moving into the top 3 if he signs this week. But he says he could drop further.
The absolute LEAST of my worries is this turning into a timeshare. Tate could rush for 150/2 in the first week or two, and it wouldnt change a thingKubiak has already clarified this situation.
:lmao:Kind of the way Reed clarified the Kolb/Vick situation last year?

Are we really going to compare arguably the league's best RB (#3 most talented IMO), to Kevin Kolb?

So where do we feel comfortable taking this guy now in this weekends drafts assuming he slips (and assuming no new news comes out?)

And do you gamble on him or Chris Johnson if they both slide if nothing changes?

So where do we feel comfortable taking this guy now in this weekends drafts assuming he slips (and assuming no new news comes out?)And do you gamble on him or Chris Johnson if they both slide if nothing changes?
There is a real possibility that both slip to the point where you could potentially get CJ and Foster (unlikely, but if you draft w chicken s.hits, it's possible)in which case, you're laughing.

'rizzler said:
'ImTheScientist said:
'rizzler said:
'timschochet said:
Are we really going to compare arguably the league's best RB (#3 most talented IMO), to Kevin Kolb?
is Foster really the #3 talented RB/or is he a great fit into a great system? a systme wher Dom Davis and Steve Slaton went absolutely nuts????

'rizzler said:
'ImTheScientist said:
'rizzler said:
'timschochet said:
if you believe that, you are delusional.

'rizzler said:
'ImTheScientist said:
'rizzler said:
'timschochet said:
:lmao: Kind of the way Reed clarified the Kolb/Vick situation last year?
is Foster really the #3 talented RB/

or is he a great fit into a great system? a systme wher Dom Davis and Steve Slaton went absolutely nuts????
Dom Davis, aside from his touchdowns, averaged 3.9ypc in his best season - People are knocking the hell out of Mendenhall for those stats, but for Davis he went "absolutely nuts"?Steve Slaton 4.8ypc, which is quite good. The problem with Slaton, and why he lost his job was because he couldn't hold on to the ball.

Yes, I think Foster is an elite talent. And I'm not alone is this. He is definitely in a great system, but if you WATCH him play, he plays elite. His vision is elite. Oh, and did he not lead RBs with the most broken tackles? Ya, sounds elite to me.

'rizzler said:
'ImTheScientist said:
'rizzler said:
'timschochet said:
I agree. I would say there's a good bet Arian Foster isn't even among the top 10 most talented RB's in the league. I think Houston is just a filthy great run blocking O-line and present so many problems in the passing game, that even an average RB would look All-Pro in this backfield. I think Foster is a good RB that finds himself in the most RB friendly environment in the entire league. It's a very intriguing set of circumstances here. I'm not a Foster, Tate, Ward owner in any league so I have no dog in this hunt and I have nothing against Foster. But I think the reason Foster owners have been overly skittish to any possible injury concerns is that they realize deep down the above is true. Foster MUST get healthy and get Tate back on the bench. Once Tate goes ape**** for three or four weeks, there's a very real threat of him earning at least a weekly role. Kubiak can deny that all he wants, but you watch. The seed will have been planted that Tate's there waiting the next time Foster struggles.

so it seems pretty odd a player would post a real MRI on twitter, especially if he's injured, have you considered he posted a fake MRI to mess with all you 'sick' fantasy football owners

so it seems pretty odd a player would post a real MRI on twitter, especially if he's injured, have you considered he posted a fake MRI to mess with all you 'sick' fantasy football owners
this is what I'm thinking...it would be so awesome if it was fake...epic really.

I was thinking the same thing earlier today, but then his mom came out and said it was actual and taken the day after the San Fran game. I can't imagine he would get his mom to lie about it too. Or that he would lie to her.

this is what I'm thinking...it would be so awesome if it was fake...epic really.
The thought has crossed my mind, but logic tells me it was his. Then again, the "humour is lost" tweet after may have been a hint it was fake.Who knows, Game #1 will answer all the questions.

'rizzler said:
'ImTheScientist said:
'rizzler said:
'timschochet said:
At first I misread this Hornet. I agree and think a lot of RBs would find success in this system and the offense that Kubiak runs. The owner continues to let him coach in the hopes he can eventually get over Peyton Manning and the Colts. I tell you, the Texans owner is one of the most level headed I have come across. He believe in what he has and thinks constant change is not good, I for one like that. I'm not sure anybody was going to get past Peyton Manning the let 10 years and this owner has made sure that he continues to put the best offense he can to battle the Colts. Defense is always a work in progress but a new HC would change the offense enad then they probably would win 5 gams. I don't want to speak for Texans fans but again I am rooting for Houston to make the playoffs this year.

'timschochet said:
This makes me feel great about my Rice pick. :thumbup:

The Facts: Following up on the ongoing story. ... Long-time Houston Chronicle beat writer John McClain, as experienced and savvy a reporter as you'll run across, offered an optimistic take for those wondering about Foster’s availability for the opener against Indianapolis. Reported by the Houston Chronicle

Diehards Line: "No one can be 100 percent sure because he could hurt it again," McClain wrote. "But when he suffered the first hamstring injury in camp, I watched him limp around. I watched him wear ice on it every day and limp around the facility. Since the Texans returned from San Francisco, Foster hasn’t been limping. He’s been jogging at two practices. They left him behind to rehab rather than make the trip to Minnesota for the last preseason game. ..." McClain added: "I’ve talked to just about everyone about Foster’s hamstring, including Foster, and I expect him to play against the Colts. ..." Does that mean you should still take Foster with the No. 1 pick overall? Your risk tolerance will determine that.

Looks like the reports were over reaction.

Arian Foster - RB - Texans

After speaking to Arian Foster and "just about everyone" about Foster's hamstring injury, John McClain of the Houston Chronicle predicts the running back will be ready for Week 1 against the Colts.

Whereas Foster was limping and icing the injury the first time he pulled the muscle, McClain says Foster is now able to walk and jog normally. ESPN medical analyst Dr. Michael Kaplan suggested earlier in the day that Foster had a slight tear, although Kaplan never studied Foster's hamstring up close. (He was going off a Twitter pic.) There's no way to tell whether Foster will be ready for Week 1 because setbacks are common with hamstring injuries, but McClain's assessment brings us back to square one: It's a day-to-day strain or pull, and Foster has not been ruled out for September 11.

Aug. 31 - 11:12 p.m. ET

'rizzler said:
'ImTheScientist said:
'rizzler said:
'timschochet said:
is Foster really the #3 talented RB/or is he a great fit into a great system? a systme wher Dom Davis and Steve Slaton went absolutely nuts????
ol' dominick road him to a title in 04. Reading his name flashed me back. The guy got hurt in preseason of 06 and never did anything again.

Last edited by a moderator:
'rizzler said:
'ImTheScientist said:
'rizzler said:
'timschochet said:
Arian Foster is no where near being the best rb in the league. Too many times people confuse fantasy football with real football talent.

'rizzler said:
'ImTheScientist said:
'rizzler said:
'timschochet said:
Arian Foster is no where near being the best rb in the league. Too many times people confuse fantasy football with real football talent.
:goodposting: Top 3 talent??? :no:

I was thinking the same thing earlier today, but then his mom came out and said it was actual and taken the day after the San Fran game. I can't imagine he would get his mom to lie about it too. Or that he would lie to her.
So you don't think a mom and son could have a similar sense of humor and that a mom might, after seeing people "pick on her baby" might say "You know, I think we could have some fun with this"?I'm not in the camp of thinking its staged but as bizarre as this has been, it is about as plausible a scenario as anything else.I really think it may be interesting to see if Kubiak steps in and does something. Last year, Foster missed pasrt fo the Oakland game because he missed a meeting or something. Kubiak seems pretty firm about that, even when his RB had gotten off to a great start to the season (no prefered treatment).So if nothing at all comes from the coach on this, I take that as a sign that he did not hurt the team (meaning he probably IS going to play in Week1 and didn't tip the Colts to prepare for Ward/Tate).

Not really, normal people would just call it stupid.Only thing that would be funny if this was not real...is that the Fans could get under Fosters skin this much. Is he really upset people dont care about his "hamstring? People have bigger issues then crying over his "Hamstring". But then again i was smart enough to stay away from this guy at my drafts.And yes, the only thing that matters to me about Arian Foster is his ability to play football, does he care about any of us?

'rizzler said:
'ImTheScientist said:
'rizzler said:
'timschochet said:
Rizzler, does it bother you at most people are just coming here to laugh at your posts? Your obviously a homer for Foster, as any person can see that this undrafted guy is not an elite talent, just a product of the system. Foster is good fit for that team, but to think he has "elite talent", well to me thats comical.Johnson, Peterson, Charles, Rice, Jackson, Turner, McCoy, shall I go on?All those guys are more "talented" then Foster, and I can name more. I'm talking real football, not fantasy production.Also, you knocking a former coach in Edwards, and a former Super Bowl winning LB for what they have seen former players do to others, wow man, fish much? To be taken seriously, you cant show the bias you are.

'rizzler said:
'timschochet said:
With all the foster owners rushing to downplay and all the Tate owners just Bursting to get Tate into the lineup, a few things occur to me.1. I think a lot of people are actually overlooking Ward. Tate has looked great in pre-season and that teases them but lots of guys look like world beaters in pre-season. A. Brown in Detroit looks like a monster every year in pre-season. Overall, seems like people that drafted Tate last year and thought they had THE GUY last year have been sitting this thing on simmer for a year now and its killing them. But Ward is really a very capable runner AND blocker in this system.

2. I agree with the above poster. Kubiak has said what Foster is and has seen what he can do in all facets of the game and, to be honest, Kubes is on a tight leash this year. Probably not the best time to monkey with something that worked so well last year. We tend to look at these things from our selfish FF viewpoint but there is a real component that should not be ignored. A change from foster changes what they do on the field, and if the real teammates feel like Foster has earned the job, then they generally don't like to see guys lose their roles due to injuries. The texans have been very good the past few years about not taking away jobs to injured players AND being patient with them (Owen Daniels).

3. IF Foster actually sits, this could be the WORST thing for Tate in terms of FF relevancy. Most everyone assumes this door opens for him and he just busts loose. But what if Tate comes out and either A) splits with Ward and Ward is clearly more effective or B)comes out and has a very pedestrian outing against the Colts and then Foster plays the next week and its back to business as usual. IF Tate plays against the Colts and Foster sits, he HAD BETTER have a 125+/1-2 TD game. Otherwise, everyone will be significantly underwhelmed and it will erode Tate's perceived/anticipated value. After all, its the Colts. If you come out and put up 75 yards and no score against them and, worse, if the Texans lose the game, that's probably it for Tate when Foster is ready again. Just a thought on "careful what you wish for".

'rizzler said:
'timschochet said:
With all the foster owners rushing to downplay and all the Tate owners just Bursting to get Tate into the lineup, a few things occur to me.1. I think a lot of people are actually overlooking Ward. Tate has looked great in pre-season and that teases them but lots of guys look like world beaters in pre-season. A. Brown in Detroit looks like a monster every year in pre-season. Overall, seems like people that drafted Tate last year and thought they had THE GUY last year have been sitting this thing on simmer for a year now and its killing them. But Ward is really a very capable runner AND blocker in this system. Is that why he has never really been a starter? :rolleyes:

2. I agree with the above poster. Kubiak has said what Foster is and has seen what he can do in all facets of the game and, to be honest, Kubes is on a tight leash this year. Probably not the best time to monkey with something that worked so well last year. We tend to look at these things from our selfish FF viewpoint but there is a real component that should not be ignored. A change from foster changes what they do on the field, and if the real teammates feel like Foster has earned the job, then they generally don't like to see guys lose their roles due to injuries. The texans have been very good the past few years about not taking away jobs to injured players AND being patient with them (Owen Daniels). No one is saying he will lose his job for good, at least I hope not. Another thing, coaches have never steered us wrong before huh? This deserves another :rolleyes:

3. IF Foster actually sits, this could be the WORST thing for Tate in terms of FF relevancy. Most everyone assumes this door opens for him and he just busts loose. But what if Tate comes out and either A) splits with Ward and Ward is clearly more effective or B)comes out and has a very pedestrian outing against the Colts and then Foster plays the next week and its back to business as usual. IF Tate plays against the Colts and Foster sits, he HAD BETTER have a 125+/1-2 TD game. Otherwise, everyone will be significantly underwhelmed and it will erode Tate's perceived/anticipated value. After all, its the Colts. If you come out and put up 75 yards and no score against them and, worse, if the Texans lose the game, that's probably it for Tate when Foster is ready again. Just a thought on "careful what you wish for". The worst thing, really? You have to see what Tate can do at sometime. As far as value, that why some of "us" are better at fantasy football than "you. Yet another :rolleyes:
You couldnt be further wrong on everything.

'rizzler said:
'ImTheScientist said:
'rizzler said:
'timschochet said:
I agree. I would say there's a good bet Arian Foster isn't even among the top 10 most talented RB's in the league. I think Houston is just a filthy great run blocking O-line and present so many problems in the passing game, that even an average RB would look All-Pro in this backfield. I think Foster is a good RB that finds himself in the most RB friendly environment in the entire league. It's a very intriguing set of circumstances here. I'm not a Foster, Tate, Ward owner in any league so I have no dog in this hunt and I have nothing against Foster. But I think the reason Foster owners have been overly skittish to any possible injury concerns is that they realize deep down the above is true. Foster MUST get healthy and get Tate back on the bench. Once Tate goes ape**** for three or four weeks, there's a very real threat of him earning at least a weekly role. Kubiak can deny that all he wants, but you watch. The seed will have been planted that Tate's there waiting the next time Foster struggles.
I have to agree with this. The following RBs (who no one would describe as elite) have all had better than average success in the system for at least a game or two (and have otherwise failed to be productive in the NFL): Steve Slaton, Ryan Moats, Ron Dayne, a washed up Ahman Green and Dominick Davis-Williams.Foster is a very good RB, but there's a reason he went undrafted - he does not possess an elite skill set. He does plenty of things well and is smart enough to take advantage of the ZBS that Houston runs. Obviously the guy has talent, but so does Ben Tate and Derrick Ward. While they would very likely not reach the numbers put up by Foster last season, anyone thinking they wouldn't be successful and productive to start the season is fooling themselves.

Citing the diagnosis of Dr. Michael Kaplan, ESPN's John Clayton reported that Houston Texans running back Arian Foster could miss up to three regular season games with his current hamstring injury. However, John McClain of the Houston Chronicle has presented a different angle, one that will be much more pleasing to those following the situation, either for fantasy football purposes or genuine human concern.

"Since the Texans returned from San Francisco, Foster hasn't been limping," McClain reveals, after indicating that he limped after suffering the first injury this preseason. "He's been jogging at two practices. They left him behind to rehab rather than make the trip to Minnesota for the last preseason game. I've talked to just about everyone about Foster's hamstring, including Foster, and I expect him to play against the Colts."

It's interesting that as the Texans open the season against the perennial division favorites, both teams have an injury issue with their star player (Peyton Manning's prognosis seems to vary quite a bit as well). The intrigue builds.

And for those focused on the fantasy aspects of Foster's injury, Eric Karabell says that he shouldn't be bumped too far down the rankings:

- Tim Kavanagh

Citing the diagnosis of Dr. Michael Kaplan, ESPN's John Clayton reported that Houston Texans running back Arian Foster could miss up to three regular season games with his current hamstring injury. However, John McClain of the Houston Chronicle has presented a different angle, one that will be much more pleasing to those following the situation, either for fantasy football purposes or genuine human concern.

"Since the Texans returned from San Francisco, Foster hasn't been limping," McClain reveals, after indicating that he limped after suffering the first injury this preseason. "He's been jogging at two practices. They left him behind to rehab rather than make the trip to Minnesota for the last preseason game. I've talked to just about everyone about Foster's hamstring, including Foster, and I expect him to play against the Colts."

It's interesting that as the Texans open the season against the perennial division favorites, both teams have an injury issue with their star player (Peyton Manning's prognosis seems to vary quite a bit as well). The intrigue builds.

And for those focused on the fantasy aspects of Foster's injury, Eric Karabell says that he shouldn't be bumped too far down the rankings:

- Tim Kavanagh
He may play, but will you get 100% out of him week 1? Somehow I doubt that. I wouldn't want to play one of my stars full time game 1 if I knew there were a risk of reinjury. So IMO there is still a substantial chance he will split carries week 1, AND risk reinjury later. That is the only conclusion I can draw from this whole mess.

Where was Tate drafted again? Isn't it possible Foster can be a real stud AND still be challenged by this second year back?

Where was Tate drafted again? Isn't it possible Foster can be a real stud AND still be challenged by this second year back?
I have Tate and liked Tate last year but I would be very surprised if something like that happened. Then again, I picked up Vick last year when Kolb got hurt and that didn't work out too badly so you never know what might happen.

Was reading this from PFT this morning:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/01/tedy-bruschi-says-hed-target-arian-fosters-hamstring/

“As a defensive player, if this is his hamstring, noting that the sore spot — the white spot that he calls anti-awesomeness — is in the middle of the hamstring, as I’m getting off of a pile, maybe I push,” Bruschi said. “Maybe that’s where I push. Because I know that’s exactly where it is. I give it a little dig, I give it a little twist as I get off the pile. Maybe I do that.”

Those dirty devils

'rizzler said:
'timschochet said:
With all the foster owners rushing to downplay and all the Tate owners just Bursting to get Tate into the lineup, a few things occur to me.1. I think a lot of people are actually overlooking Ward. Tate has looked great in pre-season and that teases them but lots of guys look like world beaters in pre-season. A. Brown in Detroit looks like a monster every year in pre-season. Overall, seems like people that drafted Tate last year and thought they had THE GUY last year have been sitting this thing on simmer for a year now and its killing them. But Ward is really a very capable runner AND blocker in this system. Is that why he has never really been a starter? :rolleyes:

2. I agree with the above poster. Kubiak has said what Foster is and has seen what he can do in all facets of the game and, to be honest, Kubes is on a tight leash this year. Probably not the best time to monkey with something that worked so well last year. We tend to look at these things from our selfish FF viewpoint but there is a real component that should not be ignored. A change from foster changes what they do on the field, and if the real teammates feel like Foster has earned the job, then they generally don't like to see guys lose their roles due to injuries. The texans have been very good the past few years about not taking away jobs to injured players AND being patient with them (Owen Daniels). No one is saying he will lose his job for good, at least I hope not. Another thing, coaches have never steered us wrong before huh? This deserves another :rolleyes:

3. IF Foster actually sits, this could be the WORST thing for Tate in terms of FF relevancy. Most everyone assumes this door opens for him and he just busts loose. But what if Tate comes out and either A) splits with Ward and Ward is clearly more effective or B)comes out and has a very pedestrian outing against the Colts and then Foster plays the next week and its back to business as usual. IF Tate plays against the Colts and Foster sits, he HAD BETTER have a 125+/1-2 TD game. Otherwise, everyone will be significantly underwhelmed and it will erode Tate's perceived/anticipated value. After all, its the Colts. If you come out and put up 75 yards and no score against them and, worse, if the Texans lose the game, that's probably it for Tate when Foster is ready again. Just a thought on "careful what you wish for". The worst thing, really? You have to see what Tate can do at sometime. As far as value, that why some of "us" are better at fantasy football than "you. Yet another :rolleyes:
You couldnt be further wrong on everything.
The only two things I am going to reply to is:1. I have had foster on my dynasty team since November, 2009 so I understand FF and value just fine, thanks. If you search through these forums you will see I was one of the very first to point out his potential. So, if you can't bring yourself to understand any of the dynamics that go into these things other than the fact that you likely have Tate on your team and want him to do something because you haven't gotten anything from his so far, and you don't want to learn anything from someone who has been watching closely for several years....that's up to you.

2. You really have very little ability to comprehend what is actually written. You demonstrate very little knowledge of Ward's history or how it changes when he came to Houston and what he actually means to the team in real life.

The rest of it, you missed it so bad I can't possibly put time into fixing it for you.

Rizzler, does it bother you at most people are just coming here to laugh at your posts? Your obviously a homer for Foster, as any person can see that this undrafted guy is not an elite talent, just a product of the system. Foster is good fit for that team, but to think he has "elite talent", well to me thats comical.

Johnson, Peterson, Charles, Rice, Jackson, Turner, McCoy, shall I go on?

All those guys are more "talented" then Foster, and I can name more. I'm talking real football, not fantasy production.

Also, you knocking a former coach in Edwards, and a former Super Bowl winning LB for what they have seen former players do to others, wow man, fish much? To be taken seriously, you cant show the bias you are.
a) not a homer for Foster, Couldnt care less if he sat all year (in regards to my FF team), to be honest. It's the stupidity and overeaction from people like you that makes me shake my head. I play fantasy for fun, it doesn't act as my iron lung. I prefer to watch an actual game than twist my tip to my fantasy box score (which the real reason I hope Foster is healthy).b) This "undrafted guy isn't an elite talent"? So undrafted = not elite? Say hello to warren moon, kurt warner, antonio gates, priest holmes, tony romo... Keep barking like the draft means everything.. should I remind you of the the former elite #1 overall picks?.. jamarcus russell, alex smith, david carr, tim couch, ki-jana carter... I could go on, but I hope you're getting the point. Quit acting like a skill set ceases to grow in the 3 month window between college and the pros.

c) Bias? I am a Browns fan you dingleberry.

d) Again, saying Bruschi is a chump for claiming he would intentionally re-injure a player makes me a fisherman?

e) :thumbdown:

For some perspective, I think people are missing the boat on both sides of the argument in regards to Arian Foster's talent level. Is he the most talented RB in the league (or #3 at worst, as a poster stated)? Probably not. Is he close? Absolutely. In my opinion (and the opinion of many other posters/fantasy football minds that I respect), the following are the ONLY running backs you can definitively state are more talented:

Adrian Peterson

Chris Johnson

Jamaal Charles

That's it and it's a very short list. I think those 3 running backs comprise the elite of the NFL and all 3 are head and shoulders above everyone else at the position from a talent standpoint. The next grouping of players can easily be put in ANY order and an argument ABSOLUTELY can be made that Foster belongs at the top of it, just as an arugment absolutely can be made he belongs at the bottom of it. I will list them in the order I actually believe they belong in:

Ray Rice

Darren McFadden

Arian Foster

DeAngelo Williams

Maurice Jones-Drew

Steven Jackson

LeSean McCoy

Frank Gore

After that there is another grouping of players that includes Rashard Mendenhall, Peyton Hillis, Jonathan Stewart, etc... Again please realize that these groupings are obviously subject to opinion, but I think it is pretty clear to anyone that has watched all of the above players play that Foster bleongs somewhere in the above group.

As to the injury, I think people are missing the boat on both sides of it as well. Hamstring injuries are always worrisome and can linger all season and cause perpetual problems for players (this has happened time and time again- Player X gets healthy from a hamstring injury only to tweak it 2 weeks later, miss more time, etc...). However, I think the severity of this injury is being VASTLY overstated and it is pretty clear to me that Clayton was simply looking for a scoop and went with it regardless of how accurate it was. The fact that this has still not really been picked up by ANY other news site other than ESPN as a 3-4 week injury that will cost Foster multiple games somewhat confirms this for me. It most likely was a small tweak that is going to be troublesome and could flare up all season and cause problems, making it a bigger deal than some of the naysayers are suggesting, but it is probably not the substantial injury that will sideline him for weeks to begin the season that some of the doomsayers are predicting.

I think this injury is worth dropping Foster in rankings a tiny bit, but nothing significant. Before, I felt he was the #2 pick off the board after Adrian Peterson. Now I feel like he is the #4 pick, with Peterson, Rice, and Jamaal Charles going #1, #2, and #3 respectively (you can also make a case that Chris Johnson should go #4, given the improvement in his contract talks, which would move Foster down to #5).

For some perspective, I think people are missing the boat on both sides of the argument in regards to Arian Foster's talent level. Is he the most talented RB in the league (or #3 at worst, as a poster stated)? Probably not. Is he close? Absolutely. In my opinion (and the opinion of many other posters/fantasy football minds that I respect), the following are the ONLY running backs you can definitively state are more talented:Adrian PetersonChris JohnsonJamaal CharlesThat's it and it's a very short list. I think those 3 running backs comprise the elite of the NFL and all 3 are head and shoulders above everyone else at the position from a talent standpoint. The next grouping of players can easily be put in ANY order and an argument ABSOLUTELY can be made that Foster belongs at the top of it, just as an arugment absolutely can be made he belongs at the bottom of it. I will list them in the order I actually believe they belong in:Ray RiceDarren McFaddenArian FosterDeAngelo WilliamsMaurice Jones-DrewSteven JacksonLeSean McCoyFrank GoreAfter that there is another grouping of players that includes Rashard Mendenhall, Peyton Hillis, Jonathan Stewart, etc... Again please realize that these groupings are obviously subject to opinion, but I think it is pretty clear to anyone that has watched all of the above players play that Foster bleongs somewhere in the above group.As to the injury, I think people are missing the boat on both sides of it as well. Hamstring injuries are always worrisome and can linger all season and cause perpetual problems for players (this has happened time and time again- Player X gets healthy from a hamstring injury only to tweak it 2 weeks later, miss more time, etc...). However, I think the severity of this injury is being VASTLY overstated and it is pretty clear to me that Clayton was simply looking for a scoop and went with it regardless of how accurate it was. The fact that this has still not really been picked up by ANY other news site other than ESPN as a 3-4 week injury that will cost Foster multiple games somewhat confirms this for me. It most likely was a small tweak that is going to be troublesome and could flare up all season and cause problems, making it a bigger deal than some of the naysayers are suggesting, but it is probably not the substantial injury that will sideline him for weeks to begin the season that some of the doomsayers are predicting.I think this injury is worth dropping Foster in rankings a tiny bit, but nothing significant. Before, I felt he was the #2 pick off the board after Adrian Peterson. Now I feel like he is the #4 pick, with Peterson, Rice, and Jamaal Charles going #1, #2, and #3 respectively (you can also make a case that Chris Johnson should go #4, given the improvement in his contract talks, which would move Foster down to #5).
:thumbup: A well-reasoned, intelligent post.

Arian Foster's hamstring now has its own Twitter accounthttp://twitter.com/#!/AFosterHammyI am absolutely loving the media/FF mockery going on over this issue. :popcorn:
Another Runningback HaikuArian feels blueHis hamstring loves the twitterTexan's coach does not

atmost he'll play 10games this yr... its going to bother him all yr and he will hurt it to the point that he'll miss games this yr. Then Texans will let him because he'll want big money.

Users who are viewing this thread