What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Atmospheric River to unload on Oakland (1 Viewer)

I dropped seabass. No point in risking a zero from a K when there's 20 more out there. And he's been worthless lately anyways

Seriously considering the Browns D over the Jets in a must win situation.

Is the Browns D that good or are the weather conditions/the raiders the main reason folks are high on them?

2.5 inches of rain in Oakland since midnight. The ground will be soaked probably Sunday.I wonder if the Raiders don't hold McFadden & Goodson out one more week with how the field conditions are shaping up, not ideal post-injured-ankle weather...

And while he just started practicing again Wednesday for the first time since going down, McFadden was noncommittal about playing this weekend against Cleveland."I'm just working hard," McFadden said. "Whatever happens when Sunday gets here, I'm going to roll with it."
http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-oakland-raiders/raiders-talk/Will-McFadden-play-Sunday-against-the-Br?blockID=807827&feedID=2801Weather Cams for anyone who wants a live action shot.Currently - really freakin' cloudy and wet:http://www.wunderground.com/webcams/iszatso/1/show.htmlhttp://weather.weatherbug.com/CA/Oakland-weather/weather-cams/local-cams.html

Last edited by a moderator:
2.5 inches of rain in Oakland since midnight. The ground will be soaked probably Sunday.I wonder if the Raiders don't hold McFadden & Goodson out one more week with how the field conditions are shaping up, not ideal post-injured-ankle weather...

And while he just started practicing again Wednesday for the first time since going down, McFadden was noncommittal about playing this weekend against Cleveland."I'm just working hard," McFadden said. "Whatever happens when Sunday gets here, I'm going to roll with it."
http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-oakland-raiders/raiders-talk/Will-McFadden-play-Sunday-against-the-Br?blockID=807827&feedID=2801Weather Cams for anyone who wants a live action shot.Currently - really freakin' cloudy and wet:http://www.wunderground.com/webcams/iszatso/1/show.htmlhttp://weather.weatherbug.com/CA/Oakland-weather/weather-cams/local-cams.html
Definitely nasty today. Don't know if the field is covered.

What a freaking awesome name. "Atmospheric River" really sends a message, doesn't it?

"Take your umbrella with you, son." :wub:

"Aw Mom, what's a little rain? I'm too cool for an umbrella." :fro:

"A 'little rain'!? There's an Atmospheric River overhead! You get your ##### ### in the closet and get your #### umbrella and stop back talking to me!" :boxing:

"Ow! Ow! Ok, ok! I'll take one! Stop already! Stupid Atmospheric Rivers..." :topcat:

so much for picking up Clevelands kicker who hasnt missed in forever to plat against an oakland team that gives up fgs in bunches.

Sunny in Oaktown. They're predicting half an inch of rain on Sunday. Perhaps a bit breezy. Don't believe the hype.

What a freaking awesome name. "Atmospheric River" really sends a message, doesn't it?"Take your umbrella with you, son." :wub: "Aw Mom, what's a little rain? I'm too cool for an umbrella." :fro: "A 'little rain'!? There's an Atmospheric River overhead! You get your ##### ### in the closet and get your #### umbrella and stop back talking to me!" :boxing: "Ow! Ow! Ok, ok! I'll take one! Stop already! Stupid Atmospheric Rivers..." :topcat:
:lol:Yeah, this title is definitely a bit over-dramatic, especially with the latest weather reports.

Yeah, this title is definitely a bit over-dramatic, especially with the latest weather reports.
Well, blame the forecasters; they have to be dramatic to get people to pay attention. In the Bay Area, the weather is rarely more dramatic than "it's going to rain" or "it's not going to rain" so they have to come up with these absurd scenarios to artificially generate interest. Last year it was the Pineapple Express.

Yeah, this title is definitely a bit over-dramatic, especially with the latest weather reports.
Well, blame the forecasters; they have to be dramatic to get people to pay attention. In the Bay Area, the weather is rarely more dramatic than "it's going to rain" or "it's not going to rain" so they have to come up with these absurd scenarios to artificially generate interest. Last year it was the Pineapple Express.
Pineapple express slows sf down pretty often methinks.

Awesome. I was expecting this game to be a shootout and a point scorer for me: Trent Richardson and Carson Palmer on my team.Not really sure what to do now.
... flip side ...those who scooped Browns D for last week vs. Batch, and week 14 vs. Quinn, now get an even better resson to " hold" this week. Bigger picture? After enduring Sandy just a month ago, my thoughts go out to all who may be severely impacted by this storm. God bless.
Local here. Meh, it is not anywhere near what the media is report. Just watch the Stanford game for reference. It is wet but nowhere near unplayable.

'Insein said:
denarius will be fine- he's a mudder. His mudder was a mudder. LOL Seinfeld, get it guys???
Whats a Seinfeld? :confused:
Seinfeld is an American television sitcom that originally aired on NBC from July 5, 1989, to May 14, 1998. It lasted nine seasons, and is now in syndication. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Nah just kidding. I know who he is. Didn't he play WR for the Jets?
I guess :sarcasm: doesn't translate too well here. My original post was poking fun at the need to actually state that the quote was from Seinfeld as opposed to letting it hang out there like most people do.

It's not going to be the incredible weather event it was originally made out to be, but NOAA forecast for tomorrow isn't pretty. link
Rain, mainly before 4pm. The rain could be heavy at times. High near 65. Breezy, with a south wind 21 to 26 mph becoming west 7 to 12 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%
Pretty much backs up weather.com's forecast. Everything should be out of the way before game time. Field conditions might be the only concern that remains.

It's not going to be the incredible weather event it was originally made out to be, but NOAA forecast for tomorrow isn't pretty. link
Rain, mainly before 4pm. The rain could be heavy at times. High near 65. Breezy, with a south wind 21 to 26 mph becoming west 7 to 12 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%
Pretty much backs up weather.com's forecast. Everything should be out of the way before game time. Field conditions might be the only concern that remains.
You realize that before 4pm is Pacific time and kickoff is scheduled for 1:25pm? You quoted 7mph winds, and this says gusts to 34. Quite a bit of difference to those thinking about passing stats.

You realize that before 4pm is Pacific time and kickoff is scheduled for 1:25pm? You quoted 7mph winds, and this says gusts to 34. Quite a bit of difference to those thinking about passing stats.
Sorry. You're right.

New, with pictures and video.

Thursday night into Friday, we saw the latest strong disturbance plow into northern California. Winds gusted in excess of 50 mph in San Francisco. ... The next major storm is slated to hit the West Coast Saturday night into Sunday and is expected to be the strongest and wettest that we have seen this week. We are forecasting another round of very heavy rain and strong wind gusts in much of northern California, southwest Oregon and adjacent parts of western Nevada.... According to NOAA/ESRL, 30-50% of the average annual precipitation in the West Coast states typically occurs in just a few atmospheric river events.
http://www.weather.com/news/weather-forecast/california-flood-threat-20121126Sunday Oakland forecast:
Heavy Rain / WindChance of rain:100%Wind: WSW at 22 mph Humidity:84%Rain, heavy at times, tapering to a few showers late. High 61F. WSW winds at 20 to 30 mph, diminishing to 10 to 15 mph. Rainfall may reach one inch. Flooding is possible in flood prone areas.
http://www.weather.com/weather/tomorrow/Oakland+CA+USCA0791:1:US
The heaviest rain is expected Sunday morning. Roadway flooding, power outages, and a spike in the river levels will top our list of concerns. The rainfall rates will quickly taper off during the afternoon.Winds: A Wind Advisory has been posted until 10 am Sunday for the coast, San Francisco, and the higher terrain. Gusts could approach 50 mph.Rainfall: Totals should range from 1” (in the inland valleys) to 6” in the coastal hills. A Flood Watch is in effect for through Sunday evening for the North Bay, San Francisco, San Mateo County coast, and Santa Cruz County.
http://www.ktvu.com/s/weather/Benching Palmer and Moore and (leaving McFadden on the bench), might just leave Reece in.Cleveland DST seems like a good start.Anyone else?

The Cleveland D is the big decision here. Most people have them stashed for next week vs KC. I (and Probly many others) are deciding between them and cincy this week.

i was curious about Richardson play here too. Not much experience for games in this bad of conditions. How is the run game affected when conditions get bad? Is it gonna be a lot of slips and falls for 2-3 yd runs, or does a RB have an advantage in bad field conditions?

i was curious about Richardson play here too. Not much experience for games in this bad of conditions. How is the run game affected when conditions get bad? Is it gonna be a lot of slips and falls for 2-3 yd runs, or does a RB have an advantage in bad field conditions?
The conditions won't be that bad. Richardson plays for the Browns, for heaven's sake; a major storm in Oakland is a nice day in Cleveland. Start him against the awful Raiders defense. There's not really anyone else worth starting on either team, but that has nothing to do with the conditions.

The Cleveland D is the big decision here. Most people have them stashed for next week vs KC. I (and Probly many others) are deciding between them and cincy this week.
same here debating cle or cin been leaning cin all week but man the crappy conditions really got me thinking cle

same here debating cle or cin been leaning cin all week but man the crappy conditions really got me thinking cle
trap game. don't follow the masses off a cliff. This is not going to play out how you think it will be. Stick to Cincy as a solid if less upside play.

I was really lookin forward to a monster day for trich, but now it looks like ill hafta temper those expectations...

denarius will be fine- he's a mudder. His mudder was a mudder. LOL Seinfeld, get it guys???
Whats a Seinfeld? :confused:
Seinfeld is an American television sitcom that originally aired on NBC from July 5, 1989, to May 14, 1998. It lasted nine seasons, and is now in syndication. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Nah just kidding. I know who he is. Didn't he play WR for the Jets?
Now that I didn't know. :thumbup:

Nflweather.Com seems to confirm that the weather might be easing up. See below.

Kickoff: 12/02/2012 04:15 PM EST

Rain, mainly before 4pm. The rain could be heavy at times. High near 62. Breezy, with a south wind 21 to 26 mph becoming west 7 to 12 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 32 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.

Rain, mainly before 4pm. The rain could be heavy at times. High near 62. Breezy, with a south wind 21 to 26 mph becoming west 7 to 12 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 32 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
Yeah? The game will be almost over by 4:00 - 100% definitely raining, "heavy" rain at that and wind at 21-26 mph, possibly 32 mph? Maybe worse in the first half than second but still...

Yeah? The game will be almost over by 4:00 - 100% definitely raining, "heavy" rain at that and wind at 21-26 mph, possibly 32 mph? Maybe worse in the first half than second but still...
Link above showing the hourly has it as light showers from 12pm till 2pm, clearing around 3pm with winds only at 7-9mph. Field could still be a mess though.

Users who are viewing this thread