What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Attaching metal gazebo to wood deck (1 Viewer)

CrossEyed

Footballguy
We're building a deck on our house and the back of our house faces southwest, so we get a lot of sun. We wanted to create a shady area on the deck, so we are thinking about getting a metal gazebo from Lowe's. It gets pretty breezy here, as our house is up on a ridge, so I figured I needed to anchor the gazebo down. Thought about just using some lag bolts, but was wondering if that was my best option or not. Anyone else ever attach a metal gazebo to a wood deck?

Thru-bolt>lag-bolt.
The problem is that I'm having a system installed under the deck that will keep the patio area underneath it dry. So I won't have access to the bottom of the deck boards without removing those panels.

The deck is still under construction.

Thru-bolt>lag-bolt.
The problem is that I'm having a system installed under the deck that will keep the patio area underneath it dry. So I won't have access to the bottom of the deck boards without removing those panels.The deck is still under construction.
Pergola
Already purchased this gazebo.

http://m.lowes.com/product?langId=-1&storeId=10702&catalogId=10051&productId=50094512&store=0500&view=detail&nValue=SEARCH

There should be a built in way to anchor it near the bottom of the legs (a hole for wood screw and washer). We've anchored our to the deck and got 3 years out of the frame before a hurricane damaged it with high winds and bent the frame. But those corners had an L shape with a cross piece for drilling. Can't see the legs of that gazebo and if they are posts, L shaped or what they are made of.

There should be a built in way to anchor it near the bottom of the legs (a hole for wood screw and washer). We've anchored our to the deck and got 3 years out of the frame before a hurricane damaged it with high winds and bent the frame. But those corners had an L shape with a cross piece for drilling. Can't see the legs of that gazebo and if they are posts, L shaped or what they are made of.
We had one of those and did the same thing (wood screw and washer through hole at bottom of each leg). Worked great.

Users who are viewing this thread