What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Baseball Wagering (1 Viewer)

Terrible run the last few days....bankroll is almost gone

Looking to make a run tonite.

Angels ML

Twins vs. Tigers O7.5

If Bet:

Tigers ML

White Sox ML

I will never make a RL bet again! EVER

Green94 said:
Looking at Zito -130 and Zambrano -115 today
I'm not playing anything, but looking at Zito, who I usually like, the Rangers kinda have his number. Tough game there...good luck.
Haven't played it yet... still looking over some numbers. Thanks for the heads up though. :thumbup:
Not that career stats matter much considering player movement and such, but Zito is 16-3 :eek: lifetime against the Rangers and 2 of those 3 losses have come this year :lmao: :unsure:
I was going more on recency and ERA. The last 5 starts against the Rangers he has given up 3,5,5,5,4 runs. 3 of those games this, 2 of which he lost as you noted. Anyway, that puts his ERA against the Rangers over 6. Just to clarify what I was talking about. Wish I woulda bet it. :D

Well, I lost my parlay and my Total figure....

Is it me, or do the lines tonight look too good to be true for chalk backers?

Should be fun tonight to watch some of these games, that's for sure.

Risking 1 Unit each:

Twins Santana -112

Angels Lackey -118

Marlins Willis -117

Cubs Zambrano -118

1/2 Unit Parlay:

KC +170

Colorado +123

GLA

My buddy's hammered again. He just played a $1,000 parlay, on my recommendation.

So we've got Pitt to KC to win $7,178. :lmao:

Edit: I had nothing to do with the bet size, just thought it was a decent "monster dog parlay". Hell, it was the ONLY "monster dog parlay". :lmao:

No way we hit this...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sonny Lubick Blowup Doll said:
Green94 said:
Looking at Zito -130 and Zambrano -115 today
I'm not playing anything, but looking at Zito, who I usually like, the Rangers kinda have his number. Tough game there...good luck.
Haven't played it yet... still looking over some numbers. Thanks for the heads up though. :thumbup:
Not that career stats matter much considering player movement and such, but Zito is 16-3 :eek: lifetime against the Rangers and 2 of those 3 losses have come this year :lmao: :unsure:
I was going more on recency and ERA. The last 5 starts against the Rangers he has given up 3,5,5,5,4 runs. 3 of those games this, 2 of which he lost as you noted. Anyway, that puts his ERA against the Rangers over 6. Just to clarify what I was talking about. Wish I woulda bet it. :D
Wow, you were dead wrong on this one. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: Good call, glad I missed the first pitch, I WAS going to play it to. So I'm glad I didn't. I actually didn't play anything tonight so good luck to everyone. :thumbup:

Nevermind, I played the SF/Ari o9.5 EV for .25 units :bag: :bye:

Az -1.5 +170

Parlay Az-110, Col/LAD U8 -110

I am getting drunk on a work night :cry: :banned: :banned: :banned:

I have a problem and I can barely control it. Just barely.

:tumbleweed:

guru_007 said:
I like Seattle today. Shields is awful on the road, 2-4 with an ERA over 6.50, with opponents hitting .344 against him. Day games, opponents are hitting .314 against him too. And righties are hitting .362 against him. Hopefully the heart of the Mariners lineup (Lopez, Beltre and Sexson) can do some damage. Also still like the M's bullpen, so I don't mind laying the -164.Also a little RL parlay to keep the good times rolling.Seattle -1.5 (+125)/Houston -1.5 (Oswalt +100)Almost got burned by this one last night, but I don't care, that was last night. Already am on Seattle, and hell I don't mind laying the runs with Oswalt pitching against Pittsburgh. Plus with Wheeler and Lidge pitching okay lately, I think the Buccos will be lucky to score 2 runs tonight (last time I said this they lit up Zambrano and the Cubs, so buyer beware).g'luck
:banned: Even us suckers get lucky once in awhile.

lost my whole bankroll in a matter of 3 days :cry:
I think we've all been there, pal. hang in there. at least i've been there. a few times. too many.Having a terrible night here. Bad day, followed by worse night. I should have realized those 'great' pitchers laying low chalk was a clue to stay away. i knew better, but i bit the hook anyway. Sent out 3 Units on Boomer Francis and the Rockies to stop this Dodger Streak. I lose this, I'll double it up and so forth. This is a good Dodgers team; it is not a GREAT Dodgers team. IMHO.

Risking 1 Unit each:

Twins Santana -112

Angels Lackey -118

Marlins Willis -117

Cubs Zambrano -118

1/2 Unit Parlay:

KC +170

Colorado +123

GLA
:X :sadbanana:

Like GM said, we've all been there, don't worry about it. Football season is right around the corner, lay low until then. :yes: :thumbup:
Hang in there - the tide will turn - it always does, for better or for worse!Green94 - I had to laugh when I saw your post about missing the start. I was on hold at Pinny for 10 minutes to lay the wood to ANA tonight when I gave up - So here is a big thanks to the 800 pinny number not picking up right away!

Like GM said, we've all been there, don't worry about it. Football season is right around the corner, lay low until then. :yes: :thumbup:
Hang in there - the tide will turn - it always does, for better or for worse!
we sure have... it will turn around, just follow your convictions and believe in your capping abilities.Whenever I have a rut I like to go back and review the reasoning for my picks during the losing streak, that might help you too. :banned:

we sure have... it will turn around, just follow your convictions and believe in your capping abilities.Whenever I have a rut I like to go back and review the reasoning for my picks during the losing streak, that might help you too. :banned:
reasoning? :unsure:

You mean why I go back to check on the reason I placed the bets I did?Well, it kind of goes hand in hand with my first statement, believing in my own capping ability...If I see, when I review my plays, that I have placed the bets for the right reasons, solid capping, I can write it off as variance and not because of a brain ####up. By doing this I have also found plenty of bets I am not very good at, sports I have no business betting at all, and some that I should focus more on.As an example, I found out that I am absolutely horrendous picking sides in College hoops, but decent at totals...Edited because my grammar sucks...

My buddy's hammered again. He just played a $1,000 parlay, on my recommendation.So we've got Pitt to KC to win $7,178. :lmao:Edit: I had nothing to do with the bet size, just thought it was a decent "monster dog parlay". Hell, it was the ONLY "monster dog parlay". :lmao: No way we hit this...
He's also got two dimes on the Yankees (but I'm not in on that one)... :D
Well, the Yanks made it okay, I guess (for him). But we didn't even get to enjoy 10 minutes of the "MONSTER Dog Parlay". Houston was up like 7 - 0 in the 2nd. :lmao: I have an idea of what Gambino would be like to hang around...and this guy is him. Will put whatever down on anything at any time. All-the-while playing large poker hands online with LOTS of Dewar's/rocks and cigs. :yes: Frequently stays up ALL night. Classic.Just saw KC won...damnit.

You mean why I go back to check on the reason I placed the bets I did?Well, it kind of goes hand in hand with my first statement, believing in my own capping ability...If I see, when I review my plays, that I have placed the bets for the right reasons, solid capping, I can write it off as variance and not because of a brain ####up. By doing this I have also found plenty of bets I am not very good at, sports I have no business betting at all, and some that I should focus more on.As an example, I found out that I am absolutely horrendous picking sides in College hoops, but decent at totals...Edited because my grammar sucks...
bad joke indicating that I don't use any reasoning for my wagers...

Risking 1 Unit each:

Twins Santana -112

Angels Lackey -118

Marlins Willis -117

Cubs Zambrano -118

1/2 Unit Parlay:

KC +170

Colorado +123

GLA
:X :sadbanana:
OHHH COME ON ROCKIES! CLOSE IT OUT!!!!this 1/2 unit parlay combined with the additional 3 units i tossed out on Col would give me a nice winning night instead of a losing one!

OH COME ON FEUNTES!!!!

:wall: :wall: I like me better when I'm drinking... :banned:

I have an idea of what Gambino would be like to hang around...

Will put whatever down on anything at any time.

All-the-while playing large poker hands online with LOTS of Dewar's/rocks and cigs. :yes: Frequently stays up ALL night. Classic.
:yes: :lmao:
Funny, because that really is pretty much all this guy drinks, and I had no idea Gambino does (or smokes). Incidentally, my buddy is a large Italian man, which I also picture Gambino as... :D

:wall: :wall: I like me better when I'm drinking... :banned:
:lmao: I didnt want to say anything but it seemed like you were goin MP on us there and it freaked me out a little. :unsure:

I played Cards/Reds Over 9.5 early, mainly because I am bored at work and both pitchers sucks.

ETC: it's 9.5 :wall:

Let me expand some on that pick...

in 16 1/3 innings in the last 3 games, Reyes has allowed 12 runs, 20 hits, 9 walks

Arroyo has 17 runs, 26 hits, 4 walks in 18 1/3

not very solid performances from either pitcher...

this is game 4 of 4 in the series, the other 3 games have resulted in 14/13/15 runs...

in the prior 3 games, the pens have given up at least 3 runs per game, so I am looking at getting 6-7 runs from the starters through 6 innings. Given their history the last 3 games that is doable.

ETA: My numbers have this matchup at 12 runs on average, 6-6

Let me expand some on that pick...in 16 1/3 innings in the last 3 games, Reyes has allowed 12 runs, 20 hits, 9 walksArroyo has 17 runs, 26 hits, 4 walks in 18 1/3not very solid performances from either pitcher... this is game 4 of 4 in the series, the other 3 games have resulted in 14/13/15 runs...in the prior 3 games, the pens have given up at least 3 runs per game, so I am looking at getting 6-7 runs from the starters through 6 innings. Given their history the last 3 games that is doable.ETA: My numbers have this matchup at 12 runs on average, 6-6
What kind of line are you getting? I am seeing -130 right now :cry:

Let me expand some on that pick...in 16 1/3 innings in the last 3 games, Reyes has allowed 12 runs, 20 hits, 9 walksArroyo has 17 runs, 26 hits, 4 walks in 18 1/3not very solid performances from either pitcher... this is game 4 of 4 in the series, the other 3 games have resulted in 14/13/15 runs...in the prior 3 games, the pens have given up at least 3 runs per game, so I am looking at getting 6-7 runs from the starters through 6 innings. Given their history the last 3 games that is doable.ETA: My numbers have this matchup at 12 runs on average, 6-6
What kind of line are you getting? I am seeing -130 right now :cry:
I got it at -126...

I like the over on the Reds/St Louis game too, so I'll put a little something something on it to make the afternoon interesting.

In the other day games, I like San Diego and Milwaukee, but neither of them enough to play.

g'luck

Let me expand some on that pick...

in 16 1/3 innings in the last 3 games, Reyes has allowed 12 runs, 20 hits, 9 walks

Arroyo has 17 runs, 26 hits, 4 walks in 18 1/3

not very solid performances from either pitcher...

this is game 4 of 4 in the series, the other 3 games have resulted in 14/13/15 runs...

in the prior 3 games, the pens have given up at least 3 runs per game, so I am looking at getting 6-7 runs from the starters through 6 innings. Given their history the last 3 games that is doable.

ETA: My numbers have this matchup at 12 runs on average, 6-6
I'm in for 2 Units on this.Over 9.5 -125 for 2 Units

Also took NYM -130 for another Unit.

Home with the kids today. I need something to watch other than Bob the Builder and Elmo Goes to Prison.

Mets Hernandez has been a winner with the Mets. Young is starting to show signs of tiring and his ERA is creeping higher and higher by each start. Liked the Under a touch, but laid off it in favor of the Mets.

Can't belive Guru likes the Padres. We're never on different sides.

All-the-while playing large poker hands online with LOTS of Dewar's/rocks and cigs. :yes: Frequently stays up ALL night. Classic.
Funny, because that really is pretty much all this guy drinks, and I had no idea Gambino does (or smokes). Incidentally, my buddy is a large Italian man, which I also picture Gambino as... :D
:X No smokes or scotch for me. I'm strictly a beer man. Had to give up the hard stuff after it became apparent that society wasn't equipped to handle me on liquor. Although I still enjoy a vodka drink from time to time :unsure:

:X No smokes or scotch for me. I'm strictly a beer man. Had to give up the hard stuff after it became apparent that society wasn't equipped to handle me on liquor. Although I still enjoy a vodka drink from time to time :unsure:
Got it. Well, this guy rarely leaves his house. And when he's drunk in public, all hell can break loose, so you're still pretty close. Here was his recent Best Man speech. (it's short)... :lmao:

Got it. Well, this guy rarely leaves his house. And when he's drunk in public, all hell can break loose, so you're still pretty close. Here was his recent Best Man speech. (it's short)... :lmao:
:lmao: :lmao: I'd love to party with that dude, my kind of people.

:lmao: :lmao: classic!

We need to do a Vegas get-together again, and invite that dude!

(I can relate to the no hard liquor... trying to stay away from those vodka/lime myself :bag: )

Alrighty, sent one play in for tonight.....thinking one more.

#### :hot: :hot: :hot:

Just reviewed my play and I don't like it....my eyes were seeing things or something. Going to have to figure out how to fix.

I like Texas -1.5 (Eaton +135) though.

Rangers at home, Seattle throwing Pineiro out there, see a high scoring affair, and I'll take Young/Lee/Blalock/Texeira over Beltre/Ibanez/Sexson in that one.

Also leaning Toronto tonight (Lilly +109)...but I need to do some more due dilligence on that one.

Users who are viewing this thread