What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Baseball Wagering (1 Viewer)

Mother's Day Special

Consensus Picks

Oakland +163

Kansas City +163

Texas +152

Seattle +122

Philadelphia -136

Colorado +132

F1 & F2 Only

Minnesota +155

Detroit +105
I can confirm that my dreams of making money on these two games did not pan out.

Mother's Day Special

Consensus Picks

Oakland +163

Kansas City +163

Texas +152

Seattle +122

Philadelphia -136

Colorado +132

F1 & F2 Only

Minnesota +155

Detroit +105
I can confirm that my dreams of making money on these two games did not pan out.
I played Oakland and Seattle and it hit :thumbup:

Note for anyone who might have my dog and streak system pages bookmarked,

DO NOT RELY ON THEM AT THIS TIME.

The dog system page uses the Sagarin pitcher ratings, and obviously they haven't been generated for this season yet. The page currently links to the 2005 ratings, and so provides results that look plausible. If you think that pitchers in today's games can be judged by their results at the end of last season, then by all means use the page. lol

As for the streak system, well I don't think y'all liked it much anyhow, but the 2005 results need to be added to it to prepare it for 2006.

I'll post when the pages are ready for use.
:link:

The dog system page uses the Sagarin pitcher ratings, and obviously they haven't been generated for this season yet.  The page currently links to the 2005 ratings, and so provides results that look plausible.  If you think that pitchers in today's games can be judged by their results at the end of last season, then by all means use the page. lol

As for the streak system, well I don't think y'all liked it much anyhow, but the 2005 results need to be added to it to prepare it for 2006.

There is a link in this thread. Just search for Roarin Sonoran posts and you will see it. I would put a link here for you but I am not very computer savy. :loco: Sorry :bag:

YTD: 29-30-2 -3.4u

Positive ground yesterday and just missed a big day with the Nats 9th inning collapse. For today:

MIL RL -115

COL/HOU O8 -115

StL O4.5 -125

MIN O3.5 -118
Good day today with MIN covering in the first inning. Man those Twins bats are hot.

First losing day in a while, but it hurt.  Today's picks:

Consensus Picks

L Kansas City +157

W San Diego +108

W Colorado +168

F1 & F2 Only

L Oakland +134

L Arizona +127
Mother's Day SpecialConsensus Picks

Oakland +163

Kansas City +163

Texas +152

Seattle +122

Philadelphia -136

Colorado +132

F1 & F2 Only

Minnesota +155

Detroit +105
Thx for posting this stuff, I'm giving it a shot today: 6 teamer pay 156:1 at pinny
Sorry, looks like Colorado already blew it for ya. I dunno if parlays would be the best way to use PinPoint. It has a tendency to pick games that a lot of the sharps here like (eg Arizona yesterday), but I've also seen it pick some headscratchers. I would guess that making straight bets is the best way to take advantage of PinPoint's analysis, especially since it selects so many dogs. Who knows, though... maybe a big day is just around the corner!
I just play for fun. I put three bucks on each of them straight, and did a 1 dollar parlay. The one dollar would have paid 156. I'll take my chances with that.... When 3/5 today, with some dogs, and KC should have won, that would have been a heckuva day.Thanks again for posting.

Helluva weekend. Made a little cash, but I was making big if I quit Friday. GL, lets have another repeat positive week.

Consensus Picks

W Oakland +163

L Kansas City +163

PPD Texas +152

W Seattle +122

W Philadelphia -136

L Colorado +132

F1 & F2 Only

L Minnesota +155

W Detroit +105
Winning night for all 3 formulas.Consensus Picks

LA Dodgers -113

San Diego +137

Hit the White Sox RL today. Will take a small chunk from those winnings and bet two really terrible teams tonight...

$13 parlay to win $78

KC Affeldt

Fla Johnson

Affeldt is quickly becomming my favorite pitcher to back on a horrible team who continues to get decent outings and good return on the ML.

Josh Johnson has been very good for Florida this year. So far.... :ph34r:

Can anyone talk me into the taking the Padre's tonight against Webb?
I like the under in that game.
Good call. SD has had close, low scoring games to keep there steam and Webb is solid.
And I do like Park a bit, especially at the price, but I keep wait for him to implode. Padres are balls hot right now, but the Dbacks will offer more of a challenge than the Cubs. I think I'll play the Under 8 +105.

Can anyone talk me into the taking the Padre's tonight against Webb?
I like the under in that game.
Good call. SD has had close, low scoring games to keep there steam and Webb is solid.
And I do like Park a bit, especially at the price, but I keep wait for him to implode. Padres are balls hot right now, but the Dbacks will offer more of a challenge than the Cubs. I think I'll play the Under 8 +105.
U8.5 -110 for dos unitos.LET'S HIT THIS!

:hot: What a bunch of bull####. POS Barfield was responsible for 3 of those 6 runs including the game winner in the 10th. They gave Green a hit, but it just as easily could have been an error and he should have at least knocked that one down. Park had a hell of a game, including at the plate, and deserved that win. Had they left him in for the 8th, he probably would have got it. :hot:

:hot: What a bunch of bull####. POS Barfield was responsible for 3 of those 6 runs including the game winner in the 10th. They gave Green a hit, but it just as easily could have been an error and he should have at least knocked that one down. Park had a hell of a game, including at the plate, and deserved that win. Had they left him in for the 8th, he probably would have got it. :hot:
I bet the Dbacks and I am a Dback fan but you are right. I think SD wins if they dont pull Park.

Tommorow

NYM +103

Parlay LAD/Col O10.5 +100

SD/AZ O8.5 -130

Bos -180

NBA Mia ML -300

NBA Phx ML -225

1 unit pays 9.5 units

:tumbleweed:

Consensus Picks

W LA Dodgers -113

L San Diego +137
Almost 2-0... :hot: Consensus Picks

Texas +129

Seattle -104

Toronto -104

Two Formulas

Tampa Bay -102

Washington +146

One Formula

Detroit -171

Cincinnati -139

Atlanta -177

Okay, I hate tonights card, but I need to make some money, so here is what I'm on:

Houston(-153)/Cincy(-144)/SD(-149)

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know heavy chalk across the board, but I think all three will win, so let's parlay them for 3 units and see how it goes. Houston has to get it going soon. Cincy has their "ace" going against a poor Pittsburgh team, I like that matchup a lot. And SD has Peavy going, and Peavy has just started throwing well.

Later on tonight I like LAA-Santana (-107) against Toronto, but we'll have to see how the early games go before I make a play on that one. Santana is a much better pitcher at home, and I think the Angels are better offensively than Toronto, and I think the value is exceptional here.

g'luck

Okay, I hate tonights card, but I need to make some money, so here is what I'm on:

Houston(-153)/Cincy(-144)/SD(-149)

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know heavy chalk across the board, but I think all three will win, so let's parlay them for 3 units and see how it goes.  Houston has to get it going soon.  Cincy has their "ace" going against a poor Pittsburgh team, I like that matchup a lot.  And SD has Peavy going, and Peavy has just started throwing well. 

Later on tonight I like LAA-Santana (-107) against Toronto, but we'll have to see how the early games go before I make a play on that one.  Santana is a much better pitcher at home, and I think the Angels are better offensively than Toronto, and I think the value is exceptional here.

g'luck
:thumbup: The Jays beat up on him in Toronto but he is a different pitcher at home. I like your other picks too but passed with the heavy chalk. Though, I'm thinking about throwing a small parlay on all three later on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heads up... 5 for 5 on Red Sox wagers for the year thus far... had the over 9.5 last night (didn't post thought).

Tonight... HALF GAME (5 innings)

OVER 5.5 +106

The Sox normall struggle with lefties but Chen is a bum... .he's also got a 8.00+ ERA this year and has missed his previous 2 starts because of off days / rainouts. HE should be rusty. The southpaw has pitched once in relief, allowing two hits and a run in an inning against Boston. In his last start, Chen pitched four innings, allowing 11 hits and seven earned runs. He's pitched five innings or less in three of his last four starts.

He faces schilling who has given up 1-2 runs in the first 5 innings of pretty much every start thus far and has gone 1-2 with a 6.20 ERA in his last four starts.

Boston has won 12 straight against the O's dating back to Sept 05 but there is NO value to be had in sides tongiht

I like Guru's plays a bit, but I don't trust Houston with the back end of their rotation in chaos.

Parlay:

Harang -148

Padres -153

Parlay:

Marlins +155

Rangers +129

Straight Plays

Angels -110 1 Unit

Mariners -116 3 Units

I like the Mariners quite a bit tonight and I'm making them my biggest play. I think Felix Hernandez is rounding into form after reporting to the team 25 pounds over weight. He looks like he's turned a corner after giving up 4 early runs to the Whige Sox 2 starts back. He shut down the Rays and as a team, the Mariners are looking for their 3rd win in a row. The switch to Putz as the team's closer has been a good one and this team gets a reeling Oakland franchise tonight.

The dog system page uses the Sagarin pitcher ratings, and obviously they haven't been generated for this season yet.  The page currently links to the 2005 ratings, and so provides results that look plausible.  If you think that pitchers in today's games can be judged by their results at the end of last season, then by all means use the page. lol

If'n you haven't found it by now, link.

Users who are viewing this thread