What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Baseball Wagering (1 Viewer)

Sonny, we're back in business. Juan Rivera w/ da monster shot. :clap:
I was downstairs, but I couldn't leave w/ a runner on and Vlad up. So, I stuck around and watched it all unfold.Holy #### was that crushed...FIRST PITCH...OBLITERATED!If the neigbors were sleeping, I assure you they no longer are. :banned:
That's unbelievable. I was watching on mlb.com and turned it off to concentrate on poker during Texas' big inning. I was done with it, but felt like checking. I come back to see Vlad doubled in a run. It's still no luck as we need 3 more. I see Rivera coming up still down 3, but forget to check it. I was just focusing on poker and then suddenly decide to bring mlb back up. Top 9 I see, no big deal. Then I see the score is 6-6. No ####, Rivera goes yard to tie it. We'll see if we can pull it out. :fingerscrossed:

Walk on 4 straight pitches to lead off 9.

Then, Adam Kennedy has the worst AB in the history of Major League Baseball. Coudln't get a bunt down, and could have taken one for the team, EASILY, but pulled his leg back. Then, that loser hits into a DP. DOOOSHBAG.

Okay, on to the 10th!

2nd Fat Tire goin' down... :banned:

The runner was out at first, replay showed. Sciossia came out for a brief spat, and rightfully so. But boy, did that make the inning a lot more interesting. Mother####er stole second, and I'm thinking, GREAT, Matt Men's Thursday Night Softball League Stairs, is gonna #### me!

Glad that didn't go down...

3rd Fat Tire opened...buddies at the bar are callin'. No way I leave yet. :popcorn:

Anyone see that story on the Rockies and how they have been reverse-juicing their baseballs? Seem like they put their balls in a humidor and wet them down. After being famous for the long ball over the years, this year they are 40-60-7 over/under overall, 2-8 on their most recent homestand.

link to story.

This is what I like for tonight:

Astro's ML -120 and the RL(Oswalt 1-0 in '06 and 5-0 lifetime vs Dbacks)

Oak ML -105 and the RL(Zito 2-0 in '06 vs M's 11-2 lifetime in 21 starts)

Whitesox's ML(Garland 7-2 in 11starts vs Toronto)

Also taking these parlay's:

Oak ML/Astro's ML

Oak ML/Astro's ML/Whitesox's ML

Anyone see that story on the Rockies and how they have been reverse-juicing their baseballs? Seem like they put their balls in a humidor and wet them down. After being famous for the long ball over the years, this year they are 40-60-7 over/under overall, 2-8 on their most recent homestand.

link to story.
The reason I mention this is that they may quit the practice of messing with the baseballs. Keep an eye on their totals when the Rockies get home, could be "over" time once again.

link to story.
The reason I mention this is that they may quit the practice of messing with the baseballs. Keep an eye on their totals when the Rockies get home, could be "over" time once again.
I thought the practice of the Rockies keeping balls in the humidor was to cut down on runs and the humidor practice is regulated by MLB. It could be OVER time when the Rocks get home, but I am not sure that the way in which the Rocks will be storing baseballs is going to change.

link to story.
I thought the practice of the Rockies keeping balls in the humidor was to cut down on runs and the humidor practice is regulated by MLB. It could be OVER time when the Rocks get home, but I am not sure that the way in which the Rocks will be storing baseballs is going to change.
A quote I found interesting: "Runs have never been harder to score at Coors Field since the stadium opened in 1995. The average game now features a combined nine runs -- down from 15 runs that were scored a decade ago." 6 runs a game? They must really be soaking those things.

Probably gonna play Pedro too...

Card so far:

Dodgers Maddox Ev

Angels Weaver -126

Think Texas comes up short against division rivals from here on out. Think I've had decent luck with pitchers on new teams. Will back Maddox here.

Also...

1 Unit Parlay:

Tampa +158

Cleveland +148
Awesome....hit another Two Dog Parlay, this one paid 5 Units. Sweet. That's three of those puppies in a row...Man, if the Angels had won that game, it would have been a very sweet night. But still good...never complain about positive performances. this game can humble you in a hurry.

Taking a stab at Pitt +171 today. Why not. The Pirates offense has more potent pieces than the Cubs and though Zambrano is tough, I like this young kid the Pirates are trotting out too. He's coming off his best performance and I like the back end of Pitt's rotation more than Chicago's.

Go the PIRATES! WE ARE FAMILY.....I GOT ALL MY SISTERS AND ME...

link to story.
A quote I found interesting: "Runs have never been harder to score at Coors Field since the stadium opened in 1995. The average game now features a combined nine runs -- down from 15 runs that were scored a decade ago." 6 runs a game? They must really be soaking those things.
That and it helps that colorado has a much better pitching staff and not nearly the power hitters of 10 years ago, but you are right - 6 runs is a TON

Card so far:

Dodgers Maddox Ev

Angels Weaver -126

Think Texas comes up short against division rivals from here on out. Think I've had decent luck with pitchers on new teams. Will back Maddox here.

Also...

1 Unit Parlay:

Tampa +158

Cleveland +148
Awesome....hit another Two Dog Parlay, this one paid 5 Units. Sweet. That's three of those puppies in a row...Man, if the Angels had won that game, it would have been a very sweet night. But still good...never complain about positive performances. this game can humble you in a hurry.

Taking a stab at Pitt +171 today. Why not. The Pirates offense has more potent pieces than the Cubs and though Zambrano is tough, I like this young kid the Pirates are trotting out too. He's coming off his best performance and I like the back end of Pitt's rotation more than Chicago's.

Pirates +190 again this afternoon for me. Probably a parlay to the Over as well.

Detroit Tigers 4-August-2006 4:05 PM PST Spread -1.5 for Game +140 C. Lee must start J. Bonderman must start

Tigers usually are firing first game of a home series, look for their bats to bust out. Bondo has been solid of late. Taking the chance on the runline.

MarshallPlan said:
General Malaise said:

Card so far:

Dodgers Maddox Ev

Angels Weaver -126

Also...

1 Unit Parlay:

Tampa +158

Cleveland +148

Pirates +190 again this afternoon for me. Probably a parlay to the Over as well.
MP I like your thinking... Cubs coming off the DH split. Gorgenzola or w/e has good stuff just needs to control it a bit better, I like Bucs +180. I also like the Over 8 just b/c it seems like a good value play. I'll play it as an IF BET not a parlay though, GL to all.

Looks like everyone is on the Pirates today but I think Zambrano shuts them down.

Parlayed the Cubs and O8

Also on the Cubs O4.5

Cubs -2.5

Good Luck

I'm on the Cubs ML and RL today. 4 units total in play. The numbers don't lile. Zambrano is a stud, and he should be able to get more RBI's by himself than the entire Pirates team.

Also, over the last 7 days, Cubbies are hitting pretty good:

Murton .500

Barrett .421

Pagan .409

Cedeno .368

Ramirez .348

Nevin .333

Hell, even Pierre is almost at .300

And of course Zambrano is at 1.000!!!!!!!

Bay's been cold, and frankly he is the only one on that team that I would be worried about. Zambrano should be able to fire about a 2-hitter today.

g'luck

I'm on the Cubs ML and RL today. 4 units total in play. The numbers don't lile. Zambrano is a stud, and he should be able to get more RBI's by himself than the entire Pirates team.Also, over the last 7 days, Cubbies are hitting pretty good:Murton .500Barrett .421Pagan .409Cedeno .368Ramirez .348Nevin .333Hell, even Pierre is almost at .300And of course Zambrano is at 1.000!!!!!!!Bay's been cold, and frankly he is the only one on that team that I would be worried about. Zambrano should be able to fire about a 2-hitter today.g'luck
:goodposting:

I only see one game. Colorado. Francis is quitely having a damn good season. His ERA is only 3.63?!...for the Rox? Check out his last 3: 23 innings with a 1.17 and .87 WHIP That's sick. :thumbup: And Morris? Meh.

SF is pretty pathetic, period...love going against them. I'm surprised at the line, so...

Quatro Unitos, compadres! :gang2:

I'm on the Cubs ML and RL today. 4 units total in play. The numbers don't lile. Zambrano is a stud, and he should be able to get more RBI's by himself than the entire Pirates team.Also, over the last 7 days, Cubbies are hitting pretty good:Murton .500Barrett .421Pagan .409Cedeno .368Ramirez .348Nevin .333Hell, even Pierre is almost at .300And of course Zambrano is at 1.000!!!!!!!Bay's been cold, and frankly he is the only one on that team that I would be worried about. Zambrano should be able to fire about a 2-hitter today.g'luck
This is looking damn good about now :unsure:WTF....gorgonzola throwing a 2-hitter thru 6? Dude has an ERA around 6 coming into the game. And the buccos lighting up Zambrano? THIS IS THE LAST DOLLAR I PLACE ON THE CUBS AGAIN THIS YEAR.

This is looking damn good about now :unsure:WTF....gorgonzola throwing a 2-hitter thru 6? Dude has an ERA around 6 coming into the game. And the buccos lighting up Zambrano? THIS IS THE LAST DOLLAR I PLACE ON THE CUBS AGAIN THIS YEAR.
lol @ 'gorgonzola' :lmao: kid was a top pick for the Bucs in 2003, took his lumps after his call up July 1 but has settled in his last two starts. I only know this because i'm right certain he killed me last trip out.

lol @ 'gorgonzola' :lmao: kid was a top pick for the Bucs in 2003, took his lumps after his call up July 1 but has settled in his last two starts. I only know this because i'm right certain he killed me last trip out.
Pirates are filled with ####### "top pics", Van Benschoten, Snell, Duke, Burnett, can't even think of the others right now, I'm so :hot: But, they all ####### suck. Had the same argument with some dude from Pittsburgh before the season started. He was all amped how this was the year the Pirates were going to be good, maybe make the playoffs. I said they would be LUCKY to be 20 games under 500. I'm going to find that thread right now. I hate the pirates :hot:

Pirates are filled with ####### "top pics", Van Benschoten, Snell, Duke, Burnett, can't even think of the others right now, I'm so :hot: But, they all ####### suck. Had the same argument with some dude from Pittsburgh before the season started. He was all amped how this was the year the Pirates were going to be good, maybe make the playoffs. I said they would be LUCKY to be 20 games under 500. I'm going to find that thread right now. I hate the pirates :hot:
sorry big fella...For tonight, i'm not amped up about too much. Though I'll say this....the Zito -107 line stinks like the ###### of a tuna fish. Ain't no way that he's -107 over Washburn -103. Seems like the books are begging you to take him...

Like GM said earlier Gorzelanny isn't just a scrub the Buccos threw out there. I didn't know, but he's a top draft pick. His ERA was near 6, but that's with just 24 IP coming into the game. You have to throw that ERA stat out the window. Don't didmiss it completely, but with 24 IP all it takes is a few bad innings to blow up your ERA. I have a stat called the xERA which is a better measure of what the pitcher really does and Gorzelanny's xERA is more than a point below his regular ERA, saying he's really not that bad. His xERA is 4.72, which isn't terrible and he had a good HR rate coming into the game, which is key in Wrigley. His control is his issue.Nice pick GM. I didn't know I actually had 2 units on the Pirates at +190 and I didn't get to toss the parlay in. Nice 4 unit start to the day here.

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH BLAH. AND BLAH, BLAH, BLAH BLAH. BLAH SOME MORE.
Hey look, the kid's got diarrhea again. :yucky:

Gorgonzola roXors :excited:

Tonite I like:

Phillies +138 (Phillies just took 2 of 3 from Cards and I think the Mets are realing after a tough series w/ the Fish) This one turns into a slugfest and the Phillies hand it to the El Duque who has been less than impressive this season)

Tampa Bay +172 (Schilling looked terrible in his last outing and last time Boston played at Tampa they lost 3 of 4. Tampa Bay looks like good value at this price)

Last edited by a moderator:
I hit on the Bucs and Gorganzola this afternoon :thumbsup:Tonite I like:Phillies +138 (Phillies just took 2 of 3 from Cards and I think the Mets are realing after a tough series w/ the Fish) This one turns into a slugfest and the Phillies hand it to the El Duque who has been less than impressive this season)Tampa Bay +172 (Schilling looked terrible in his last outing and last time Boston played at Tampa they lost 3 of 4. Tampa Bay looks like good value at this price)
I like Phily here too. How has Wolfe looked?

I hit on the Bucs and Gorganzola this afternoon :thumbsup:Tonite I like:Phillies +138 (Phillies just took 2 of 3 from Cards and I think the Mets are realing after a tough series w/ the Fish) This one turns into a slugfest and the Phillies hand it to the El Duque who has been less than impressive this season)Tampa Bay +172 (Schilling looked terrible in his last outing and last time Boston played at Tampa they lost 3 of 4. Tampa Bay looks like good value at this price)
Not great in his one outing 4.1 and 3ER but he is a good pitcher overall.

For you trend guys, go look up Schilling's last 10 starts against Tampa. I'll take Over 9.5 +112 thank you.

I'm also on the Phils ML, RL and Tampa +190. Very good Tampa number I have.

He looked decent besides the first inning where he had some control issues.

I'm adding one last play Kansas City vs. Twins O8.5 even money. KC has been giving up a ton of runs and Johan hasn't been lights out recently I think we can squeek out 9 runs.

1/2 Unit Dog Parlay:

Phily +138

Chicago +140

I like the Phily play, but having nailed a big dog already today in Pitt, I'll pair this one up with the most logical underdog left, which isn't Tampa, but Chicago, IMO. The Blue Jays just got swept by a better team and now they face another talented foe. Garland isn't what he was in 2005, but the White Sox are a good bet at +140 even with Garland on the hill and even against the mighty Halliday.

Also...

1 Unit on Rockies -103. Like the logic of SLBD on this one.

I really am looking at Washburn -103 hard, but will wait on it. I think the Zito line is very fishy and will try to exploit it later.

LAD -104 I put my oldest kids college fund on it. He is not that smart so if I lose he wasnt going to do that well in college any way.

Users who are viewing this thread