What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Baseball Wagering (1 Viewer)

1/2 Unit Dog Parlay:

Phily +138

Chicago +140

I like the Phily play, but having nailed a big dog already today in Pitt, I'll pair this one up with the most logical underdog left, which isn't Tampa, but Chicago, IMO. The Blue Jays just got swept by a better team and now they face another talented foe. Garland isn't what he was in 2005, but the White Sox are a good bet at +140 even with Garland on the hill and even against the mighty Halliday.

Also...

1 Unit on Rockies -103. Like the logic of SLBD on this one.

I really am looking at Washburn -103 hard, but will wait on it. I think the Zito line is very fishy and will try to exploit it later.
SWEET! :banned: :banned: I was dead wrong on Zito and the A's, but I've now hit 4 underdog money line parlays in a row. One of the better runs in baseball in my life. Account up 150% this week alone. Cashed out half this morning. Smartest thing I've done in years.

On to today....

1 Unit Parlay:

Dodgers +125

Devil Rays +115

Dodgers have the momentum right now and Billingsley has been better of late. Johnson has been lights out for the Fish, but I'll take a stab here on LA and try to pair them up with a home dog in TB. Fossum at home vs. Wells...I'll take my chances with the DRays beating Wells.

2 Unit Parlay:

Oakland -128

Angels -136

It's offical. The A's OWN the Mariners. 10 in a row and I think they make it 11 with Haren on the mound. The Angels need to avoid the sweep at home by Texas and the kid the Rangers are throwing tonight is far from an Ace.

2 Units on Milwaukie Sheets -106. This one looks too good to be true, but with the Cards in a funk and Reyes not nearly as impressive as he was early on, I think Sheets and the Beers can take this game.

Edit: I went back and looked...i have the Rays paired with the Dodgers, not the Royals. Might add KC +133 later. Also trailed Angry Beaver on his Over 10 wager with Det/Cle.
:banned: :banned: :banned: Hit my two parlays on the day and the hot streak continues. I don't know when the last time I've had this kind of run in bases was, but I'm loving it and fearing it at the same time. at some point, i'm going to run into an ice cold wall.

One play today and I'm going to load the boat on it.

4 Units Oakland Blanton -101

Blanton and the A's have Seattle's number. Blanton has been especially tough on the Mariners. Oakland can make it 12 in a row over Seattle today and I'm betting they do it. This is a great number so I'm pounding it.
Gonna add two more here...1 Unit each on:

Houston Pettitte -114

Colorado Cook +104 (IIRC)

I'm tempted to add more to Oakland as I think this is the bet of the summer....but I'll roll with what I have.
I've taken a small pounding today...SO time to recoup. I'm tailing GM BIG w/ the A's. Lets cash atleast a few more tickets today. :banned:
I'm with you all as well but I jumped on it last night with Oak +106 for 10 units and the RL +179 for 20 units as well.
Scooby, are you being careless with your terminology or do you really have 30 units on 1 game??? What is your 1 unit worth?
I'm guessing 10 bucks :yes:
:lmao:
I honestly wasn't trying to be funny, that was just my guess. :shrug: :brush:
;) unintenial humor is the funniest kind of humor

I feel obligated to tell everyone (especially Sonny and Gambino) that tonight I turn 21, so I will be legally able to gamble finally. I have a feeling I may know what Sonny goes through on a daily basis tonight.
:thumbup: Happy Birthday. Maybe being able to legally drink will relax you a bit :banned: . Hell, who knows you might even become likeable.
Me, likeable? Come on. All I want to know is when the next Vegas trip is. :yes:
Happy Birthday MP :headbang: :pickle: :suds: :hifive: Enjoy :banned: Have a drink on me. :)

GL to all today - nothing for me after yesterday's shelling
glad to see my degenerate bretheren cashing tickets! I am :hot: right now - I looked at tailing Gambino and the bos/tb over but was a chicken #### and could not pull the trigger on either. I have been giving my bases winnings back playing cards so my confidence just isn't there. Enough of my pity party - looking for live wagering on bases tonight and looking for a lean to start with - whatcha got?

I feel obligated to tell everyone (especially Sonny and Gambino) that tonight I turn 21, so I will be legally able to gamble finally. I have a feeling I may know what Sonny goes through on a daily basis tonight.
:thumbup: Happy Birthday. Maybe being able to legally drink will relax you a bit :banned: . Hell, who knows you might even become likeable.
Me, likeable? Come on. All I want to know is when the next Vegas trip is. :yes:
Happy Birthday MP :headbang: :pickle: :suds: :hifive: Enjoy :banned: Have a drink on me. :)
Thank you sir. Will do.

GL to all today - nothing for me after yesterday's shelling
glad to see my degenerate bretheren cashing tickets! I am :hot: right now - I looked at tailing Gambino and the bos/tb over but was a chicken #### and could not pull the trigger on either. I have been giving my bases winnings back playing cards so my confidence just isn't there. Enough of my pity party - looking for live wagering on bases tonight and looking for a lean to start with - whatcha got?
looking Phillies on the ML and the Over.

Philly v. NYM 0.9.5 +105 (Both teams are in the top end of scoring in the NL, both pitchers are young and are prone to walks, inconsistancy and there is no way Maine is going to keep throwing SO innings, is there? :unsure: )

Philly ML +149 (Maine has been solid but the Mets have been up and down, they lose this series to the Phil's. Ryan Howard will have a HUGE nite tonite)

Raiders +1.5 EVEN :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Tor may be the play here. I was thinking over but then read this on Lilly:

Lilly (9-10, 4.20 ERA) seeks his fourth win of the season over the Orioles, a team he's done very well against in his career, when Toronto opens a three-game series against Baltimore at Rogers Centre.

The left-hander is 3-1 with a 2.55 ERA in four starts against the Orioles in 2006, and 6-2 with a 3.95 ERA in 12 career outings against them. Lilly last faced Baltimore at home June 15, pitching six scoreless innings and allowing four hits and four walks with eight strikeouts in a 4-2 victory.

the above coupled with Ortiz being lousy has me thinking of toronto.

GLTA

Angry Beavers said:
Tor may be the play here. I was thinking over but then read this on Lilly:Lilly (9-10, 4.20 ERA) seeks his fourth win of the season over the Orioles, a team he's done very well against in his career, when Toronto opens a three-game series against Baltimore at Rogers Centre.The left-hander is 3-1 with a 2.55 ERA in four starts against the Orioles in 2006, and 6-2 with a 3.95 ERA in 12 career outings against them. Lilly last faced Baltimore at home June 15, pitching six scoreless innings and allowing four hits and four walks with eight strikeouts in a 4-2 victory.the above coupled with Ortiz being lousy has me thinking of toronto.GLTA
just saw tor @ nearly -200 - :PASS:

Angry Beavers said:
Tor may be the play here. I was thinking over but then read this on Lilly:Lilly (9-10, 4.20 ERA) seeks his fourth win of the season over the Orioles, a team he's done very well against in his career, when Toronto opens a three-game series against Baltimore at Rogers Centre.The left-hander is 3-1 with a 2.55 ERA in four starts against the Orioles in 2006, and 6-2 with a 3.95 ERA in 12 career outings against them. Lilly last faced Baltimore at home June 15, pitching six scoreless innings and allowing four hits and four walks with eight strikeouts in a 4-2 victory.the above coupled with Ortiz being lousy has me thinking of toronto.GLTA
just saw tor @ nearly -200 - :PASS:
I ended up playing OVER 10.5...not great value (1.80), but Ortiz is so lousy, and Toronto seemed to break out of their slump yesterday vs the White Sox that I think they could get the majority of the runs scored today...

yea I don't think Toronto is a value bet at all.

I'm going completely against all the trends and laying down on

Baltimore ML +185

Under 10.5

Apparently Ortiz had a flaw in his motion and it has been corrected. :shrug:

3 plays tonite (getting them in early)

Brad Penny's LA Dodgers RL +135

Cardinals v. Reds O10.5 -110

Tigers ML +130

Penny owns the Rockies

Jeff Weaver is part of the half dead at this point and scoring comes in bunches at GABP

Tigers have been hot, and at +130 seem like good value and are at home

GL to all

I like the STL/Cincy over as well just looking at the starters - only play for the evening.

May hop on the dodgers later as well - lets' see how the first one looks...

Miner does not have the peripherals to support his era at this point and as a result I can't play Detroit.

GLTA

Happy birthday Justin! :banned:
Thanks Charv, I have another Excel question for you. I'll shoot you an e-mail.Had a nice night of drinking at the bar, can't even remember how many people bought me shots, but it was a fun night. Too bad both Philly teams lost last night and lost me money.

SLBD - nice call on the Rockies
Thanks dude. I just found out I won because I ended up going surfing at dusk, which turned into a beerbeque on the rocks after, and I kinda just woke up down there this morning.So, I've showered and had my first meal of the day (cold Carls Jr. double wester bacon cheese :thumbup: ) and water. Things are looking up. I am supposed to go to this rager tonignt and the only way I make it is with drugs.

Early indications are it's a go. :football:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: one day Sonny....one day.
I'd like to be in on this too. I'm not sure which is more likely, jail, death, or both.
I feel confident that this will eventually happen.

Man, did I do a lot of Coke on Saturday :hophead: ...never went to bed, which sucked...I don't even like it that much.

Anyway, let's see what we got tonight... :coffee:

SLBD - nice call on the Rockies
Thanks dude. I just found out I won because I ended up going surfing at dusk, which turned into a beerbeque on the rocks after, and I kinda just woke up down there this morning.So, I've showered and had my first meal of the day (cold Carls Jr. double wester bacon cheese :thumbup: ) and water. Things are looking up. I am supposed to go to this rager tonignt and the only way I make it is with drugs.

Early indications are it's a go. :football:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: one day Sonny....one day.
I'd like to be in on this too. I'm not sure which is more likely, jail, death, or both.
I feel confident that this will eventually happen.

Man, did I do a lot of Coke on Saturday :hophead: ...never went to bed, which sucked...I don't even like it that much.

Anyway, let's see what we got tonight... :coffee:
:lmao: you'll have plenty of time to sleep when you're dead.

Green - you Like LA on the RL or ML?
ML - but it is quite chalky :thumbdown:
I saw that which is why i ask, I am not keen on laying a bunch of chalk but am thinking about it!
Liriano has decided to bend me over, so I may play it.Anyone have thoughts on Schmidt against the Dbacks... and NO I'm not asking you Proposis :bye:
Minn is making a comebackI like the low chalk on Schmidt but SF has been brutal lately

Green - you Like LA on the RL or ML?
ML - but it is quite chalky :thumbdown:
I saw that which is why i ask, I am not keen on laying a bunch of chalk but am thinking about it!
Liriano has decided to bend me over, so I may play it.Anyone have thoughts on Schmidt against the Dbacks... and NO I'm not asking you Proposis :bye:
Minn is making a comebackI like the low chalk on Schmidt but SF has been brutal lately
Good point - SF's offense is brutal. :o

Users who are viewing this thread