What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Before the season started you would've thought it crazy to say... (1 Viewer)

stuckinthemuck

Footballguy
...Jon Kitna would outrank Aaron Rogers in the week 8 projections.

...Brandon Lloyd would be the #1 WR through week 7.

...yours?

...Jon Kitna would outrank Aaron Rogers in the week 8 projections....Brandon Lloyd would be the #1 WR through week 7....yours?
It's just the preliminary, there's no way the Official Week 8 Projections will have Jon Kitna ranked ahead of Aaron Rodgers in Week 8 or any other week.I would have bet you 10,000 the Cowboys would have had 2 wins by now, I'm stunned.

Last edited by a moderator:
My QBs are Michael Vick and Ryan Fitzpatrick in a 14 team league and I'm more than happy with my playoff prospects.

Starting Peyton Hillis and Ryan Torain can result in a pretty handsome victory.

...Jon Kitna would outrank Aaron Rogers in the week 8 projections.

...Brandon Lloyd would be the #1 WR through week 7.

...yours?
It's just the preliminary, there's no way the Official Week 8 Projections will have Jon Kitna ranked ahead of Aaron Rodgers in Week 8 or any other week.I would have bet you 10,000 the Cowboys would have had 2 wins by now, I'm stunned.
The Dodds/Tremblay/Norton projections have Kitna above Rogers for this week. That's the impetus for this thread. It makes sense if 1) You realize Rogers is playing the Jets and Kitna is playing the Jaguars this week, and 2) You purposefully forget that there's a slight talent difference between the two QBs :confused:

good idea for a thread....

that Rice/MJD are on the top 15 bubble without missing time....

that Hillis is top 10...

that Lloyd, Britt, Collie and Maclin and 3, 4, 5 and 6, I didn't have one in my top 20 and 3 probably not in my top 40....

that Orton was is 3rd

Darren McFadden has the highest ppg average in most PPR scoring formats.

Basically, if McFadden hadn't missed two games, he would most likely be the #1 RB in the NFL right now.

After the first two picks (Chris Johnson and Adrian Peterson) the rest of your first round largely won't matter.

...that I could have missed the draft and created a pretty good team from Free Agents

QB: Michael Vick, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Josh Freeman

RB: Peyton Hillis, Ryan Torain, Brandon Jackson, Marshawn Lynch

WR: Brandon Lloyd, Kenny Britt, Steve Johnson, Devon Bess, Danny Amendola, Mark Clayton (IR)

TE: Aaron Hernandez, Mercedes Lewis, Ben Watson

K: Jason Hanson

D: Seattle, Detroit

That Brady/Moreno were traded for Brees/MJD in my redraft league and it's still unclear who won the deal...

...that I could have missed the draft and created a pretty good team from Free AgentsQB: Michael Vick, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Josh FreemanRB: Peyton Hillis, Ryan Torain, Brandon Jackson, Marshawn LynchWR: Brandon Lloyd, Kenny Britt, Steve Johnson, Devon Bess, Danny Amendola, Mark Clayton (IR)TE: Aaron Hernandez, Mercedes Lewis, Ben WatsonK: Jason HansonD: Seattle, Detroit
Yep....that's pretty freaking amazing. I like that roster better than mine....

... that after 7 weeks I'm already tired of fantasy football despite 11 of my 14 teams having winning records, still being alive in the FBG subscriber contest and in TC's survivor contest.

For the first time in 30 years in this game I've lost interest and don't know if I'll get it back. :thumbup:

....half way through the season, Tennessee has scored more points than every other team in the NFL.

bert favre would wiener-text a trampy sideline reporter and break deanna's heart john edwards style
brad childress would grow a pair and tell favre off for his holier than though running of the offense openly and in public making everyone happy.

Last edited:
... that after 7 weeks I'm already tired of fantasy football despite 11 of my 14 teams having winning records, still being alive in the FBG contest and in TC's survivor contest. For the first time in 30 years in this game I've lost interest and don't know if I'll get it back. :thumbup:
maybe you need to pair down the number of teams. Years ago I used to be involved in tons of leagues and I started losing a bit of enjoyment because I had the guy on my team and was facing him in multiple leagues each week. I then reduced the number of leagues to only a couple and found it much more enjoyable.

... that after 7 weeks I'm already tired of fantasy football despite 11 of my 14 teams having winning records, still being alive in the FBG contest and in TC's survivor contest. For the first time in 30 years in this game I've lost interest and don't know if I'll get it back. :thumbup:
maybe you need to pair down the number of teams. Years ago I used to be involved in tons of leagues and I started losing a bit of enjoyment because I had the guy on my team and was facing him in multiple leagues each week. I then reduced the number of leagues to only a couple and found it much more enjoyable.
I'm pretty sure you're right. I was going to do that last offseason, then didn't. Added a league in fact. This has become a chore every week and not fun any more, for about the last 3 weeks in fact.Sorry to hijack the thread.

... that after 7 weeks I'm already tired of fantasy football despite 11 of my 14 teams having winning records, still being alive in the FBG contest and in TC's survivor contest. For the first time in 30 years in this game I've lost interest and don't know if I'll get it back. :lmao:
I'm pretty sure you're right. I was going to do that last offseason, then didn't. Added a league in fact. This has become a chore every week and not fun any more, for about the last 3 weeks in fact.Sorry to hijack the thread.
Rather than give up on all of it you could just stop caring about 1/2 of your teams, and see if that gets you back in to the swing of things. Either that or you could take up a more relaxing hobby like model railroading and build mountains and bridges while you watched the games on Sunday to see if that gets you back in to lord fantasy football. :thumbup:

these teams would have these records:

Kansas City 4-2

Tampa Bay 4-2

Seattle 4-2

San Diego 2-5

Dallas 1-5

San Francisco 1-6

That Cleveland would go to New Orleans and crush the Saints 30-17. That Oakland would hammer the Broncos in Denver 59-14.

Darren McFadden has the highest ppg average in most PPR scoring formats. Basically, if McFadden hadn't missed two games, he would most likely be the #1 RB in the NFL right now.
Yep. Nuts. He went undrafted in my 10 team league. I picked him up after week 1. :thumbdown:

Tons of surprises just like every year but Brandon Lloyd has to be the biggest surprise to me. Guy is 8 years and 4 teams into his career and has basically been a punchline to this point.

Brandon Lloyd top 5? Cmon man.

... Brad Childress would grow a pair and tell Favre off for his "holier than though" running of the offense openly and in public making everyone happy.
You mean the same "holier than though" running of the offense that saved Childress' #### last year? I'm a Vikings fan and Favre is one of my top 3-5 least favorite players in the NFL, but I'll take Favre over Childress a hundred times out of a hundred.

... Brad Childress would grow a pair and tell Favre off for his "holier than though" running of the offense openly and in public making everyone happy.
You mean the same "holier than though" running of the offense that saved Childress' #### last year? I'm a Vikings fan and Favre is one of my top 3-5 least favorite players in the NFL, but I'll take Favre over Childress a hundred times out of a hundred.
A R S E is a swear word? Yikes. :lmao:

...that Ray Lewis would be in a commercial that was funny for Old Spice and did not revert to his old ways and murder someone during the filming of the commercial.

Users who are viewing this thread