What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best Buy can kiss my fanny good-bye (3 Viewers)

Yeah the place is usually a ghost town. It doesn't help that they renovated most of their stores a few years ago to a much worse layout than they had before.

ETA: The only thing that can save them now is to go full steam ahead on getting their site modernized and usable to potentially compete with Amazon and others. Though I don't expect them to be able to pull it off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah the place is usually a ghost town. It doesn't help that they renovated most of their stores a few years ago to a much worse layout than they had before.

ETA: The only thing that can save them now is to go full steam ahead on getting their site modernized and usable to potentially compete with Amazon and others. Though I don't expect them to be able to pull it off.
IIRC - Their site and their stores are two completely separate business units.

Too little and way too late. Customers that purchase via BB's website is less than 5% (IIRC) and Amazon's existing dominance will crush them if they go all-in on he interwebs. BB has a real state issue to write off beforehand.

I'm not defending them at all, but crap happens. I had to get my daughters i-Phone repaired, and they said they would just send her a new one, but they had to charge my CC $500, and when they got the old one back, they would cancel the charge. No problem.

They tell me my card won't go through and something is wrong. I was puzzled so I hung up and said I would call them back.

Go online and check my card balance, they charged my card 21 times, and it got locked because of their screw up.

So, it happens..... just sayin'

Andy Dufresne said:
Yeah, it won't be long now. Anytime I go in the store the employees outnumber customers by at least 2:1.
what the hell is with that? they are always running around doing stuff other than helping customers.

one time i went in to best buy to buy a movie and the guy who was in the movie section kept trying to get me to go to the car speaker section it was really wierd and i was telling him brohan i just want to buy a movie not some little door speakers and he was trying to get me to buy some that lighted up when you had a music going in to them i will never understand that i guess they must have some inside information that says people who buy movies are normally in the mood to get some light up car speakers so i made the guy turn on wklh and we rocked out to some good classic rock for a little bit and hey who does not like that but then when he went in back to get the speakers i just left so take that to the bank brohans

They took what's called "just in time" inventory levels and ran with it. According to their projections, they carry juuust enough to hold them over until the next shipment. And it really hurts them, because that never works in retail. You have to have stock. Sorry, but you do.

They have lots of games, except the one you want. They have lots of movies, except the one you want. There's holes in the shelves everywhere in best buy.

The entire point of a retail store is to sell it right there, right now. Best Buy isn't doing that.

Last edited by a moderator:
i thought i would be cool and get a no wire mouse and then when i got it home it ends up that my computer can not work with it and hey best buy maybe you could have let me know because like i realy want to stand in line and return it now what a crock i also hope that they file bankruptcy and take there light up speakers with them but if they have a going out of business sale i might get the speakers because they actually looked sort of cool and imagine some steely dan at night with light up speakers damn staight i support that take htat to the bank brohans

no you do not that place was even worse you walked in and it was like hey everyone come bother me so that you can try to be the lucky guy who gets the commission on my purchase of 3 dollars worth of floppy discs holy crap that place was the worst

I would like to thank the register jockey who charged me $18.07 for:

Grand Theft Auto 5

Star Trek Darkness Blu-ray

Iron Man 3 Blu-ray

I even asked, "You sure about that?" So don't get after me karma police....Pay it forward.

I would like to thank the register jockey who charged me $18.07 for:

Grand Theft Auto 5

Star Trek Darkness Blu-ray

Iron Man 3 Blu-ray

I even asked, "You sure about that?" So don't get after me karma police....Pay it forward.
:lol:

He was gonna quit anyways, he's just waiting for them to run the register receipts so he can be on his way.

Just ordered all the same appliances from Sears. Buh Bye Best Buy!
I'm not fan of BB but Sears is no saint either. I ordered some appliances too. They were about $800. I had about and $1100 credit limit on my Sears CC. They missed delivery date promises twice and finally delivered on the third day. Ok, not a big deal.

But later I discovered each time they scheduled redelivery they charged my credit card again for the purchase. The 2nd and 3rd charges put me over my limit. So they took it upon themselves to recheck my credit-worthiness and raise my credit limit. I got nice congratulatory letters about the fact and then got my statement for $2400 due.

It just so happens this was in the middle of the processing of a new mortgage application. The mortgage company didn't like this at all and I had to waste a lot of time getting letters explaining the whole fiasco.

I like Best Buy. I've spent probably $4,000 in there the past two years.
Would've spent $3000 at Amazon.
I like Best Buy. I've spent probably $4,000 in there the past two years.
Would've spent $3000 at Amazon..
Not really true. It depends on what you are buying. I just grabbed a 60" TV for my office from best buy for $999. The same tv costs $997 on amazon. I'd prefer to buy local if possible. If there had been a major price difference then i would have used amazon.

I miss Circuit City.
woah, woah, woah.. let's not lose our minds here

every couple of months the thought drifts into my head how wonderful it is that circuit city no longer exists.

absolute worst purchasing experience of any store in the history of stores. you go in to get a 2ft rca cable and you have to grab the attention of a sales drone away from explaining dolby surround to somebody's great aunt so he can bring you to a kiosk in the middle of the electronic wilderness, trying to upsell you to a monster cable on the walk over.

For the life of me, I can't figure out how this store is still open. I know absolutely no one who goes there.

For the life of me, I can't figure out how this store is still open. I know absolutely no one who goes there.
I ask myself this question every day, and then occasionally the Best Buy stockholder thread will pop up, apparently they are doing well - always. I feel as though something is going on behind the scenes, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Best Buy was secretly ran by the aliens from 'The Arrival'.

I'm going to BBuy this evening to pick up The Shining on Blu Ray. Actually it's my wife running in with my kids to pick it up for me as a gift.

My kid spends some money there once in a while. Just a couple weeks ago, he bought a controller for his Wii U for under $25. Same controller was $40 at Walmart (and despite how easy they make price matching work in their commercials, they don't match with Best Buy or Target). It was around $25 on Amazon, but this way he wouldn't have to wait the extra two days. Plus, they price match with Amazon, so if they have it in stock, it's a no-brainer for some of the stuff he buys.

one time i went in to best buy to buy a movie and the guy who was in the movie section kept trying to get me to go to the car speaker section it was really wierd and i was telling him brohan i just want to buy a movie not some little door speakers and he was trying to get me to buy some that lighted up when you had a music going in to them i will never understand that i guess they must have some inside information that says people who buy movies are normally in the mood to get some light up car speakers so i made the guy turn on wklh and we rocked out to some good classic rock for a little bit and hey who does not like that but then when he went in back to get the speakers i just left so take that to the bank brohans
i thought i would be cool and get a no wire mouse and then when i got it home it ends up that my computer can not work with it and hey best buy maybe you could have let me know because like i realy want to stand in line and return it now what a crock i also hope that they file bankruptcy and take there light up speakers with them but if they have a going out of business sale i might get the speakers because they actually looked sort of cool and imagine some steely dan at night with light up speakers damn staight i support that take htat to the bank brohans
:lmao:

I have hated Best Buy. With a passion, so much so that I would never go in there. It's been at least four years.

The other day I needed a printer badly due to kids homework thing and our printer hitting the bricks. Decided I would roll with Laser, and went to Sams and HH Gregg looking for options. With it being 30 minutes to closing and homework needed done, I went into Best Buy expecting the normal.

It was the best buying experience I've had in a long while from anywhere. Willing to match prices, helpful, not over the top pushing product, friendly, and cute :) . Ended up getting a $329 HP Laser Color Laser Printer for $199 + $50 instant gift card. Tried looking up price match on Amazon and the worker even encouraged me to do so, did it right there from the computer. Amazon was higher so I went with the Best Buy price obviously.

I hated this place. I mean hated it. And I can honestly say next time I go looking at electronics I'll consider going there first (online excluded) just because the experience was so good.

I have hated Best Buy. With a passion, so much so that I would never go in there. It's been at least four years.

The other day I needed a printer badly due to kids homework thing and our printer hitting the bricks. Decided I would roll with Laser, and went to Sams and HH Gregg looking for options. With it being 30 minutes to closing and homework needed done, I went into Best Buy expecting the normal.

It was the best buying experience I've had in a long while from anywhere. Willing to match prices, helpful, not over the top pushing product, friendly, and cute :) . Ended up getting a $329 HP Laser Color Laser Printer for $199 + $50 instant gift card. Tried looking up price match on Amazon and the worker even encouraged me to do so, did it right there from the computer. Amazon was higher so I went with the Best Buy price obviously.

I hated this place. I mean hated it. And I can honestly say next time I go looking at electronics I'll consider going there first (online excluded) just because the experience was so good.
that's how they suck you in

sig.jpg

My father has worked with Best Buy for the past 15 years. Their services spread far beyond their physical retail stores.

The company is loaded.

Bought a Google Chromebook in my local BestBuy and saved $50 over what Amazon was charging (for the same model, oranges to oranges).

I used to go there nearly once a week back in the 90s, but now I only go there a few times a year (usually when a CD comes out that I want on release day).

And the worst part about there always being so many employees working is, you have 30 employees walking around doing God knows what, but meanwhile, there are only two checkout lanes open and both lines are five or six people deep.

Eminence said:
My father has worked with Best Buy for the past 15 years. Their services spread far beyond their physical retail stores.

The company is loaded.
Well I'm convinced.

Users who are viewing this thread