What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

best NFL player with a single digit jersey (1 Viewer)

Aaron Rodgers has played 13 playoff games. The Packers have not scored under 20 points in any game. They have averaged 28 points per playoff game in his 13 starts. The defense has allowed 26 points per game in those 13 games.

Packers are absolutely WASTING Aaron Rodgers with that pathetic defense.

Aaron Rodgers has played 13 playoff games. The Packers have not scored under 20 points in any game. They have averaged 28 points per playoff game in his 13 starts. The defense has allowed 26 points per game in those 13 games.

Packers are absolutely WASTING Aaron Rodgers with that pathetic defense.
Someone has missed the last two years....

Thanks for this link, fun to play with

way off topic

I wore #43 in every sport growing up - 2 years of junior high basketball, throughout my h.s. baseball/football career. I rarely told anyone why, but my first favorite player was Larry Brown. It's odd because I have always been only a Detroit fan, but I remember reading about him when I was around 8 and was just blown away he overcame so much.

Lightly recruited, JuCo transfer, blocking back in college, drafted in the 8th round. Vince Lombardi noticed he was often late on the snap count, had him tested, and found out he was deaf in one ear. With permission from the commissioner's office, they outfitted his helmet with a special earpiece linked to a mic in the QB's helmet. When he had a couple fumbles in practice during TC, he started carrying a football everywhere he went, 24/7. Made four Pro Bowls and All-Pro twice in his first 4 years.

/hijack
Not to mention one hell of a career as a basketball coach.

Thanks for this link, fun to play with

way off topic

I wore #43 in every sport growing up - 2 years of junior high basketball, throughout my h.s. baseball/football career. I rarely told anyone why, but my first favorite player was Larry Brown. It's odd because I have always been only a Detroit fan, but I remember reading about him when I was around 8 and was just blown away he overcame so much.

Lightly recruited, JuCo transfer, blocking back in college, drafted in the 8th round. Vince Lombardi noticed he was often late on the snap count, had him tested, and found out he was deaf in one ear. With permission from the commissioner's office, they outfitted his helmet with a special earpiece linked to a mic in the QB's helmet. When he had a couple fumbles in practice during TC, he started carrying a football everywhere he went, 24/7. Made four Pro Bowls and All-Pro twice in his first 4 years.

/hijack
Brown was also the league MVP in 1972. I have several of his trading cards. He is a good player to watch on film.
Severly underrated.

Chaka said:
Sorry to hijack thread OP, but this could be fun.. SP's best NFL players by Uniform # (single digit edition)

0 - (old school number?)
00 - Jim Otto
No doubt...then again apparently there was only one other player to wear 00. Ken Burrough
Steve Bagarus also may have worn 00. I can possibly confirm via film as I do have 1946 Redskins action.
Possibly. The Pro-Football-Reference data only goes back to 1950.But Otto was the best 00 without question. He was one of the best centers ever to play at any jersey number.
I can confirm Steve Bagarus wore #00 for the 1946 Redskins. He played against the Steelers that year. Bagarus caught a pass on the final play. In on the tackle was Johnny Clement who wore #0.

best NFL player with a single digit jersey
This might be too easy of a challenge. How about we take up the difficulty a notch or two and turn it around and ask what the WORST player at each jersey number is.

For example, is the worst #2 JaMarcus Russell or Johnny Football?

The answer is one of 4 (Favre), 7 (Elway), and 8 (Young).

Good arguments for 4 and 7, but at his peak, I'd take 8 hands down.

Users who are viewing this thread