What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Blueprint Juice Diet (1 Viewer)

Had another idea for a fad diet: children food packets. My daughter eats these packets of puréed fruits and vegetables. They're all organic and made to taste good, and they're like 60 calories each. You have 2 for each meal, as well as four others to be consumed any time during the day as snacks. Factoring in coffee and the like, you'd be clocking somewhere around 700 calories on the day, your meals would end up costing like 15 bucks a day. Oh and you'd get skinny fast. This can't miss. Anyone wanna bother trying poking holes here?
what happens when you wipe out your day's supply at 8 am?

Sorry for not going back into the 18 pages to drum up the exact totals, but if I recall correctly, you lost 10 lbs in the first week or so, right? Then 4 pounds over the next month?

Last edited by a moderator:
Losing the pounds and picking up the guitar again. It's only a matter of time before O is dusting off the leather pants from his garage band days.

Had another idea for a fad diet: children food packets.

My daughter eats these packets of puréed fruits and vegetables. They're all organic and made to taste good, and they're like 60 calories each.

You have 2 for each meal, as well as four others to be consumed any time during the day as snacks. Factoring in coffee and the like, you'd be clocking somewhere around 700 calories on the day, your meals would end up costing like 15 bucks a day. Oh and you'd get skinny fast.

This can't miss. Anyone wanna bother trying poking holes here?
The hole may - just may - be that you're eating baby food :shrug: Enjoy your life. Maybe DIG DEEPER every now and again.
Post more

Sup Fatties

Buncha Uptons in here.
What's been the regimen the last few weeks?
- no working out- had pizza and donuts within the past week

- generally eat very little and moderate cheating. Ill often skip breakfast or at most have 2 boiled eggs and coffee. Lunch is usually a salad. Dinner is usually something healthy and small, some lean protein and a vegetable. Sometimes a small snack to follow, like cheese or crackers or something.

- cut way way back on booze. Generally have a glass of wine a night at most.

It's basically just cutting out the constant binge drinking and cutting calories way back. I loosen it up on weekends and drink a little more and eat out some. Even then I just moderate. The cheating slows my progress on weekends but the overall trend remains and it's actually been pretty easy to stick with. We'll see. Breaking 220 will be the epic point. Haven't sniffed 219 since before I got married which is right around the time I started to become a fat guy.

Ill often skip breakfast
When you skip breakfast, how long are you going before your first meal? Be careful with this.
Sometimes I'll go till lunch, 1pm or so. I have coffee in the morning and a multivitamin, presumably that does a little something to fire up the metabolism. Some days in recent weeks just because I've been swamped at work, I'll go all day long and get home at 7pm and have dinner as my first meal. I'll get by with a handful of almonds midday at some point and lots of chewing gum and coffee.It's working. :shrug:

Ill often skip breakfast
When you skip breakfast, how long are you going before your first meal? Be careful with this.
Sometimes I'll go till lunch, 1pm or so. I have coffee in the morning and a multivitamin, presumably that does a little something to fire up the metabolism. Some days in recent weeks just because I've been swamped at work, I'll go all day long and get home at 7pm and have dinner as my first meal. I'll get by with a handful of almonds midday at some point and lots of chewing gum and coffee.It's working. :shrug:
Sounds like me. My football coach in HS always told us breakfast was the best way to pack on weight.

Ill often skip breakfast
Otis, out of simple embarrassment, I've never detailed my weight loss story online. The horrific three year process of my divorce came with a morbid eating disorder. I just didn't care. Working out and running were part of my life from age 15 forward and I just stopped to make time to bake pizzas and cakes. I never saw the big 3 with my eyes, but I have no doubt I breached 300 at some point. I did see 297 on a birthday a decade ago. It freaked me out. I was 210-220 for a couple adult decades. Played hoops competitively at 190-200 before that. I spent over 4 years on an Oprah yoyo. I tried a dozen diets, some smart, some stupid. Up and down. I'd get it down to 250 and eat it right back up to 290. Six times to be exact, I kept track. Eating many times a day works for a lot of people. I have a friend who went from 410 to 190 in two years doing a 5 meal a day Medifast plan. For some of us, more meals just means more calories and more appetite. There isn't a single plan for everyone. But there does seem to be some divisions (genetic, psychological, hormonal, whatever) among us. Some of us don't feel hungry in the morning. We are perfect for intermittent fasting like you've described. about 7 years ago, I stumbled across the original intermittent fasting dude online. I never bought his products, I just experimented with his concept. Wow. Effortless, comfortable weight loss. I dropped 50lbs to 240 without exercising and in just THREE months. I also became a productivity superstar at work for some reason, but it was all good. I hit a major plateau @240 that caved when I started working out again. Getting under 200 became a game. I did it in the 9th month. 6 years later, today, this morning, 195. I used to be a cardio guy, now just 10-15 minute wipeouts with resistance bands and I'm good. I rarely eat breakfast. I skip lunch more than breakfast. I'll snack on a yogurt fruit combo or something similar most days. I love nuts, but learned to avoid them - just too many calories. I still get alot done this way and love the convenience of not breaking for food, or making food.

People not cut out for skipping meals are sometimes aghast at this lifestyle. People cut out for it thrive. Good job discovering it. :thumbup:

'Chaos Commish said:
'Otis said:
'Ned said:
'Otis said:
Ill often skip breakfast
Otis, out of simple embarrassment, I've never detailed my weight loss story online. The horrific three year process of my divorce came with a morbid eating disorder. I just didn't care. Working out and running were part of my life from age 15 forward and I just stopped to make time to bake pizzas and cakes. I never saw the big 3 with my eyes, but I have no doubt I breached 300 at some point. I did see 297 on a birthday a decade ago. It freaked me out. I was 210-220 for a couple adult decades. Played hoops competitively at 190-200 before that. I spent over 4 years on an Oprah yoyo. I tried a dozen diets, some smart, some stupid. Up and down. I'd get it down to 250 and eat it right back up to 290. Six times to be exact, I kept track. Eating many times a day works for a lot of people. I have a friend who went from 410 to 190 in two years doing a 5 meal a day Medifast plan. For some of us, more meals just means more calories and more appetite. There isn't a single plan for everyone. But there does seem to be some divisions (genetic, psychological, hormonal, whatever) among us. Some of us don't feel hungry in the morning. We are perfect for intermittent fasting like you've described. about 7 years ago, I stumbled across the original intermittent fasting dude online. I never bought his products, I just experimented with his concept. Wow. Effortless, comfortable weight loss. I dropped 50lbs to 240 without exercising and in just THREE months. I also became a productivity superstar at work for some reason, but it was all good. I hit a major plateau @240 that caved when I started working out again. Getting under 200 became a game. I did it in the 9th month. 6 years later, today, this morning, 195. I used to be a cardio guy, now just 10-15 minute wipeouts with resistance bands and I'm good. I rarely eat breakfast. I skip lunch more than breakfast. I'll snack on a yogurt fruit combo or something similar most days. I love nuts, but learned to avoid them - just too many calories. I still get alot done this way and love the convenience of not breaking for food, or making food.

People not cut out for skipping meals are sometimes aghast at this lifestyle. People cut out for it thrive. Good job discovering it. :thumbup:
Awesome story. Good for you for sticking with it :thumbup:

Two hard boiled eggs and coffee for breakfast; salad at 6pm.

I'll go home and have some wine. Maybe even some dark chocolate. :thumbup:

'Otis said:
Sup Fatties

Buncha Uptons in here.
What's been the regimen the last few weeks?
- no working out- had pizza and donuts within the past week

- generally eat very little and moderate cheating. Ill often skip breakfast or at most have 2 boiled eggs and coffee. Lunch is usually a salad. Dinner is usually something healthy and small, some lean protein and a vegetable. Sometimes a small snack to follow, like cheese or crackers or something.

- cut way way back on booze. Generally have a glass of wine a night at most.

It's basically just cutting out the constant binge drinking and cutting calories way back. I loosen it up on weekends and drink a little more and eat out some. Even then I just moderate. The cheating slows my progress on weekends but the overall trend remains and it's actually been pretty easy to stick with. We'll see. Breaking 220 will be the epic point. Haven't sniffed 219 since before I got married which is right around the time I started to become a fat guy.
5 lbs in just over a month? Doesn't sound like you're cutting calories "way back" - that's about 500 less calories a day. Almost exactly what the DrJ diet plan had prescribed. More scientific proof that it works. Did you take any before pictures? I could really use somebody like you to kick this thing off.

'Otis said:
'Ned said:
'Otis said:
Ill often skip breakfast
Gaining even more credibility here. This is what I told you to do like 20 pages ago. You really need to re-title this thread to something that gives me a little more credit for the work I've done in here. I'm the only guy that's given you solid advice that shows practical results.

A good 24 hour stomach virus may have ruined my last couple days but it didn't ruin the cause...

BAM!
That grout is pretty nasty, are you weighing in at the local Y or something?
:lmao:
Negative. The master bathroom in this dump of a house we bought. :bag: We're gutting it in the next year or two...
Do you regret buying the house? Thought you love it there, no?
If I had 300 grand to throw into it and neighbors across the way that weren't a PIA, I'd like it more. But generally, yeah, we like it.

Looking for the TLDR update. I see Otis is losing weight, but is it still using the juice :crazy: or something that actually works (like MFP)?

Otis update after Day 1 of the vacation?
It's a three day vacation bro. Nothing wrong with letting loose and returning to the grind Monday. Been pretty solid though. Didn't eat much day 1. Day two mostly ate stuff like fish tacos. The catch is obviously the booze. Lots more of that than usual. But hey, it's vacation. Looking forward to getting back to civilization and pressing on to 220.

Went on vacation and hit a stretch of eating and drinking a bunch, had my daughter's birthday party weekend, and a couple other hitches that kept me from being as vigilant as I had been before. I stepped on the scale this morning for the first time in weeks expecting a significant increase.

Somehow down ever so slightly -- 224.8. I think just a major reset of my overall portions and snacking habits have made it easy to maintain or even drop a little, even with some drinking binges and eating out binges a few times. So that's awesome. That said, back on the horse now and going to try to make some more dramatic progress. Would love to be sub-220 before Memorial Day, and that's looking pretty doable at this point.

:flex:

Users who are viewing this thread