What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bodog sets over/under on clay mathews sack total at 20?!?! (1 Viewer)

2x Vikings, 2x Bears, 2x Lions, 1x Wash, 1x Dallas, 1x NYG, (don't know much about SF's protection nor Atlanta's) ... I don't think that number is outright crazy. At least 2 more multi-sack games are not completely out of the question against those squads.

I'd take the under considering he's had hamstring problems, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if he went over. He's been unreal.

teams will gear their pass blocking around the concept of stopping mathews from here on out. not nearly as easy to sack the QB when u have a target on your back like he does. sure they knew about him before, but all this publicity is gonna make him a marked man. my best guess is 15 on the season

so 1 a game the rest of the year? hmm
I was thinking they meant on Cutler monday night :X :lmao:
So he'll need 8 over the last 13 games? That doesn't seem so far fetched. Frank "Oh My God" will destroy him! Did you know he was a walk-on at USC? I found that out today on ESPN 1000. He graduated high school at 6 feet 165 pounds? :goodposting: Could that be true? Maybe Jurko was yanking my chain. Talk about a late bloomer.

Take Miles Austin and the 9.5 yards to get more yards than Andre Johnson this week.

I have it 96 yards for Austin and 87 for Andre Johnson. The 9.5 add on makes this EASY money.

I also would take the under on 20 sacks even though he has 5 already. Too many things could happen that could prevent this.

Last edited by a moderator:
20 plus sacks this season and suspension next season for accidentally enhancing performance substance parlay ?

20 plus sacks this season and suspension next season for accidentally enhancing performance substance parlay ?
hahahhaa there is no way the kid isn't on PEDs .... as I said on here before, it will be an awesome ride until he gets hit

teams will gear their pass blocking around the concept of stopping mathews from here on out. not nearly as easy to sack the QB when u have a target on your back like he does. sure they knew about him before, but all this publicity is gonna make him a marked man. my best guess is 15 on the season
Id guess after last year, teams were already trying to gear their pass blocking around him.

under is an incredible bet and the silly reasoning u see in this thread for him going over is exactly why its so outrageously high

I am not sure if he can stay healthy if he keeps up the pace he is going at. I am starting wonder if he is like Bob Sanders or Troy Polamalu in the way he recklessly sacrifices his body to make a play.

under is an incredible bet and the silly reasoning u see in this thread for him going over is exactly why its so outrageously high
Well the under is the bet but the kid will probably end up in the high teens so saying it is obvious isn't necessarily true. This is especially true seeing as how he plays a lot of teams that will give up sacks at a high volume this season.

hahahhaa there is no way the kid isn't on PEDs .... as I said on here before, it will be an awesome ride until he gets hit
:excited: I always admire it when fans of a team can look through the BS and acknowledge the inevitability of something like this.As a Steeler fan, I acknowledge that there is a zero percent chance James Harrison isn't a chemically built monstrosity.

Take Miles Austin and the 9.5 yards to get more yards than Andre Johnson this week.

I have it 96 yards for Austin and 87 for Andre Johnson. The 9.5 add on makes this EASY money.

I also would take the under on 20 sacks even though he has 5 already. Too many things could happen that could prevent this.
He actually has 6 already...3 in each of the first 2 games. According to nfl.com...

Bump2 sacks in the last 5 gamesLooks like teams have figured him out.
Maybe...add in his own injury that has kept him out of practice all week til a bit of light work on Fridays (til this week when he went in pads on Thursday for the first time in about a month).That said, 20 was pretty ridiculous to start with.

Maybe...add in his own injury that has kept him out of practice all week til a bit of light work on Fridays (til this week when he went in pads on Thursday for the first time in about a month).That said, 20 was pretty ridiculous to start with.
Everyone is injured at this point in the season.Still he has been disappointing looking from week 3 on. 5.5 sacks in 12 games...1 FF...1 INT.

Everyone is injured at this point in the season.Still he has been disappointing looking from week 3 on. 5.5 sacks in 12 games...1 FF...1 INT.
He's getting double and triple teamed. Look at what Frank Zombo did once DEF's started paying much more attention to Clay.ETA: The original bet was outrageous to begin with.

He's getting double and triple teamed. Look at what Frank Zombo did once DEF's started paying much more attention to Clay.ETA: The original bet was outrageous to begin with.
Zombo has 4 sacks all year....3 of which after week 3.Double and triple teamed? What about Mathews just doesn't have great pass rushing skills and is a just a good hustle player? I've seen many many one on one's that he simply doesn't do much.

Zombo has 4 sacks all year....3 of which after week 3.Double and triple teamed? What about Mathews just doesn't have great pass rushing skills and is a just a good hustle player? I've seen many many one on one's that he simply doesn't do much.
He has been injured for quite awhile. Let him build a body of work. "Just a good hustle player"? That is silly.

Zombo has 4 sacks all year....3 of which after week 3.
yea but he would have had zero if it wernt for matthews! zombo :thumbup:

So he has this many sacks the last two years without good pass rushing skills and just hustle?

Really?

So he has this many sacks the last two years without good pass rushing skills and just hustle?Really?
I thought you would be better than this Sho Nuff.I said GREAT pass rushing skills....GREAT. Which he clearly doesn't....he is however a good hustle player. Mathews could develop better pass rushing skills, but I haven't seen that thus far. He is only in his second year, so it could still happen.

The limit offered was pretty low. I maxed out the under and it was a good call by the OP, but nothing to get rich.

Users who are viewing this thread