What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Boldin - week 2 (1 Viewer)

kerpow

Footballguy
I benched him last week as I worried about his injuries and preparations.

I only saw snippets of the game but from what I did he wasn't targeted very often. What are you thoughts for week 2 @ Jacksonville?

Apparently he is sore from playing Week 1, which is normal because he hadnt played at game speed in 3 weeks. I watched the whole game and Boldin was in on a lot of blocking assignments and used as a decoy most of the game. i think he caught his only 2 targets. If he plays in Week 2, it'd be a crime if he wasnt targeted more often this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just reading some local sites.

Whisenhunt said the offense was thrown off by last-minute changes at receiver. Steve Breaston had practiced all week to replace Anquan Boldin at the "Z" spot, but Breaston's knee was too painful on Sunday for him to play.

Boldin played and Jerheme Urban also took snaps at the "Z" position. "We had a number of guys playing out of their normal position," Whisenhunt said. "That will lend to us not being as sharp. Now, I'm not going to make an excuse because we have been able to overcome those things in the past. As far as how we are going to design things offensively, we will make sure that we are better suited for the game."

http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/KentSomers/62811

Just reading some local sites.

Whisenhunt said the offense was thrown off by last-minute changes at receiver. Steve Breaston had practiced all week to replace Anquan Boldin at the "Z" spot, but Breaston's knee was too painful on Sunday for him to play.

Boldin played and Jerheme Urban also took snaps at the "Z" position. "We had a number of guys playing out of their normal position," Whisenhunt said. "That will lend to us not being as sharp. Now, I'm not going to make an excuse because we have been able to overcome those things in the past. As far as how we are going to design things offensively, we will make sure that we are better suited for the game."

http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/KentSomers/62811
Thanks, very helpful. Not sure what that means for this week. Wish I was smart enough to have benched him.I'm worried about them traveling east and playing an early game against a good Jax team coming off a loss. Look back to the blow outs by the Jets and NE last week. Maybe ARI offense gets a bunch of garbage points, but I think you may want to start JAX defense because Warner may be turning it over. This may be the game where Warner gets knocked out.

I'm rolling with Q - not alot of other options. If he's healthy it's not ever wise to sit him - I can realistically imagine 75/1 . If not, he'll dissapoint like last week. Will need to keep checking the injury report as well as the practice reports for the week. I think it's about as simple as that.

All NFC West teams flying east to play morning games have historically had problems. From what I've read, Boldin did not hurt his hamstring more by playing last week which is good news. I'm hoping he's fully healthy this week and will also be starting him. My main concern is with Warner tho. Doesn't matter how healthy Boldin is if Warner is still having trouble. I hope he and his OL play much better this week.

All NFC West teams flying east to play morning games have historically had problems. From what I've read, Boldin did not hurt his hamstring more by playing last week which is good news. I'm hoping he's fully healthy this week and will also be starting him. My main concern is with Warner tho. Doesn't matter how healthy Boldin is if Warner is still having trouble. I hope he and his OL play much better this week.
I dont know what time these games were at last year, but these are Q's game logs when playing on the East Coast last year:Week 3 @ Washington

3/25/1

Week 4 @ NY Jets

10/119/1

Week 5 @ Carolina

9/63/2

Week 12 @ PHI

5/63/0

I'm comfortable with those stats starting him, if healthy.

Im surprised this was the only thread I could find on Boldin and what people are thinking/expecting for week 2 (not targets necessarily, but health as well)

Looks like his status is basically the same as last week, so outside of the report Kerpow posted being a slight positive for Boldin, Im still skeptical about what he might do this week.

It looks like Im down to either him or Leon Washington for my last starter. I think im going to need to hear some good news over the weekend for my to feel comfortable putting him in the lineup after what I saw last week.

Anquan Boldin (hamstring) participated in Wednesday's practice.

Boldin admits he still isn't 100 percent, but said he feels "much better than last week" and was able to do more in practice. Despite generating only 19 yards on two receptions in Week 1, Boldin did not have a setback.

Source: Arizona Republic

I still feel iffy about starting Boldin. Even if he is feeling better this week, I don't expect a huge week. He has had weeks of limited or no practice at all and he didn't get many targets in week 1. He's still playing himself into game shape a bit.

Boldin (and Reggie Bush) didn't have a preseason. Underneath the rust there is pure stainless steel. Buy low.

Be guided accordingly.

I still feel iffy about starting Boldin. Even if he is feeling better this week, I don't expect a huge week. He has had weeks of limited or no practice at all and he didn't get many targets in week 1. He's still playing himself into game shape a bit.
:goodposting: If you have a serviceable alternative, I'd go with it. I'm playing Roy Williams instead of him.

I think he'll do better than last week, but would go with someone else if possible. I have him in two leagues, sitting in one (behind Bowe and Harvin) and starting in another (with Gage ahead of Williamson).

Boldin usually plays well hurt but Hammy makes me nervous. I'm starting him but I have no other big time #1 option
Would you start him ahead of Harvin considering MIN's matchup @DET and the uncertainty of Boldin's hammy?
This is where I'm at on friday nite and unless something encouraging happens between now and sunday it's Harvin.Boldin will be a stud soon but you don't get points for the decoy wideout. I'll take my chances on the wr/rb/wildcat guy.

Boldin usually plays well hurt but Hammy makes me nervous. I'm starting him but I have no other big time #1 option
Would you start him ahead of Harvin considering MIN's matchup @DET and the uncertainty of Boldin's hammy?
This is where I'm at on friday nite and unless something encouraging happens between now and sunday it's Harvin.Boldin will be a stud soon but you don't get points for the decoy wideout. I'll take my chances on the wr/rb/wildcat guy.
I hear you. I have Boldin as a #3 in theory with A. Johnson and S. Smith but I got a whopping 1 point out of that trio last week. With Schaub and DelHumm killing me I don't know who I can trust. I'll probably play him anyways since JAX gave up nearly 300 passing yds last week in a low scoring game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hear you. I have Boldin as a #3 in theory with A. Johnson and S. Smith but I got a whopping 1 point out of that trio last week. With Schaub and DelHumm killing me I don't know who I can trust. I'll probably play him anyways since JAX gave up nearly 300 passing yds last week in a low scoring game.
Your team has a bright future but an ugly first week. yikes. I'm still leaning Harvin over the dreaded 2 for 19 Boldin can put up with a sore hammy. But I'm partial to uninjured players.

Keep trotting those 3 out there and you'll be rolling soon.

No new updates other than Dan Urban's blog on azcardinals.com that says Boldin looks much better this week....

Users who are viewing this thread