What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bonds vs Bellicheck (1 Viewer)

Are Bonds accomplishemnts tainted?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dt's Mules

Footballguy
I personally don't have a problem with either, but just curious to see what the masses have to say. I would find it hypocritical for someone to have a problem with bonds and not bellicheck/pats or vice versa.

If anything I have a bigger problem with the Pats since they broke a rule after being warned, whereas Bonds didn't break the "letter of the law"

But I can certainly see why someone would view what Bonds did as cheating. Both are also similar in that while they cheated, it is/was a kind of cheating that is fairly rampant is both cases.

So, what say ye?

Last edited by a moderator:
I may be wrong, but I suspect you would see divergence if you compare two different football scenarios or two different individual players.

while both are cheating, the difference to me is kids trying to emulate these "role models" can kill themselves if they copy the steroid users

while both are cheating, the difference to me is kids trying to emulate these "role models" can kill themselves if they copy the steroid users
good point...err maybe...Maybe the bonds issue has some bigger societal implications....but,on the other hand, what bonds did wasn't an "official" rule.I would guess Bonds has more impressionable fans than BB and b/c he has the potential in influence more people, his actions were worse. However, I don't see how it's a difference on a personal level.

I personally don't have a problem with either, but just curious to see what the masses have to say. I would find it hypocritical for someone to have a problem with bonds and not bellicheck/pats or vice versa.

If anything I have a bigger problem with the Pats since they broke a rule after being warned, whereas Bonds didn't break the "letter of the law"

But I can certainly see why someone would view what Bonds did as cheating. Both are also similar in that while they cheated, it is/was a kind of cheating that is fairly rampant is both cases.

So, what say ye?
you should have added Bill Walsh's name to this poll, are his SB accomplishments tainted,then, because the Niners cheated with illegal salary cap workarounds, and cutblocks?! yes, most definitely.kill Bellichick all you want, even Mike Martz says the NFL is rife with signal stealing..

and despite the circumstantial evidence to suggest Bonds has cheated, not one shred of physical,tangible evidence exists to pin steroids on him.not one..Gaylord Perry cheated his entire MLB career, what with the vaseline,nail files, doctored balls, etc..yet he's in the MLB hall of fame..he'd been caught red handed with nail files in his possession, on a MLB field during a game.Bonds was NEVER caught with anything..yet, Bonds is the demon and Perry is the Hall of Famer.. :rolleyes:

Dock Ellis pitched a no-hitter in 1970 while high on LSD and other drugs..you think he was the only guy to ever use drugs in a professional sport?! LT got caught numerous times with coke..its widely speculated that the Giants swept a lot of LT's problems under the rug, that perhaps he might've failed more tests than he 'really' did..should he be in the hall of fame, than,if he used illegal substances to enhance his performance? we know he was high on the field, during an NFL game..

Hollywood Henderson admitted to having a vile filled with coke and water in his belt in SuperBowl XIII..

Nate Newton and Michael Irvin were legendary partiers in Big D, with coke and pot..last I checked, Irvin is in the HOF..

who's to say he didn't 'toot' up before a game, a couple of sniffs and off we go!

and, wasn't Babe Ruth a big boozer during the country's prohibition period? he most surely played with booze in his veins..that was illegal too, right? I mean, if booze was outlawed, he was breaking the laws..

people are very hypocritical in the way the make outcasts of certain people, yet consider others to be god-like...

if Bellichick is the ONLY guy stealing signals, then why do ALL coaches cover their mouths when calling plays from the sidelines?! they've been doing that for at least 15-20 years now..

I personally don't have a problem with either, but just curious to see what the masses have to say. I would find it hypocritical for someone to have a problem with bonds and not bellicheck/pats or vice versa.If anything I have a bigger problem with the Pats since they broke a rule after being warned, whereas Bonds didn't break the "letter of the law"But I can certainly see why someone would view what Bonds did as cheating. Both are also similar in that while they cheated, it is/was a kind of cheating that is fairly rampant is both cases.So, what say ye?
Gaylord Perry cheated his entire MLB career, what with the vaseline,nail files, doctored balls, etc..yet he's in the MLB hall of fame..he'd been caught red handed with nail files in his possession, on a MLB field during a game.Bonds was NEVER caught with anything..yet, Bonds is the demon and Perry is the Hall of Famer.. :goodposting: people are very hypocritical in the way the make outcasts of certain people, yet consider others to be god-like...
:rolleyes:I agree with most of what you posted. The first part quoted above really irks me about baseball. Rampant hypocrisy in that sport.

I personally don't have a problem with either, but just curious to see what the masses have to say. I would find it hypocritical for someone to have a problem with bonds and not bellicheck/pats or vice versa.If anything I have a bigger problem with the Pats since they broke a rule after being warned, whereas Bonds didn't break the "letter of the law"But I can certainly see why someone would view what Bonds did as cheating. Both are also similar in that while they cheated, it is/was a kind of cheating that is fairly rampant is both cases.So, what say ye?
Gaylord Perry cheated his entire MLB career, what with the vaseline,nail files, doctored balls, etc..yet he's in the MLB hall of fame..he'd been caught red handed with nail files in his possession, on a MLB field during a game.Bonds was NEVER caught with anything..yet, Bonds is the demon and Perry is the Hall of Famer.. :rolleyes: people are very hypocritical in the way the make outcasts of certain people, yet consider others to be god-like...
:rolleyes:I agree with most of what you posted. The first part quoted above really irks me about baseball. Rampant hypocrisy in that sport.
If I can think of something relating BB and Bonds, its two things - both got caught cheating, and both are known douchebags. If someone nice does something wrong, people are far more apt to forgive and forget than if they feel your a pompous ##### and you're caught being a cheat.

Users who are viewing this thread