What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving... (1 Viewer)

Final rant after a horrific 3-10 season followed by a loss in the Cyclone Bowl (pits the two worst teams against each other with winner getting 1st pick next year).

After the draft I thought I had a fantastic team - plugged all the teams into Lineup Dominator and I was the odds on favorite to win 11 of 13 weeks. Reality was not so kind -

After draft -

qbs - Vick and Cutler

rbs - McFadden, Sproles, Matthews, Ryan Williams (not bad in a PPR format - hell Sproles I thought was a steal)

wrs - Graham, Gates, Hernandez, Cobb, Walter, Laurent Robinson

k - Henery, Cundiff

dl - Mario Williams, Rubin, Mincey

lb - Laurinaitas, Wagner, Foster, DJ Smith

db - Harper, Chung, Earl Thomas

The week before Murray got hurt I traded DMC and Cobb for Murray and Heyward-Bey....both DHB and Murray go down and Cobb explodes.

Vick hurt, Cutler terrible early so I had a series of qb pickups and always guessed wrong.

Sproles goes down, Williams goes down, Murray goes down - Matthews has a few so so games and the rest suck when not injured.

Hernandez goes down, Graham doe swell then gets hurt, Gate ssucks out loud, trade Cobb and DHB goes down.

Philly sucks so Henery is worthless, Cundiff cut before first game.

DL so so when not hurt so went through a revolvoing door at DL.

Wagner starts slow, traded Foster right before he exploded, DJ Smith to the IR

Chung loses his job and Earl Thomas gets no looks.

Quite possibly in retrospect the worst luck (or foresight) I have ever had in 20 years. It was BRUTAL - but as always - just wait til next year when I'll put myself through this same misery again.

In my third championship game in the last 4 years. I have yet to win it all. I have had the highest scoring team in all the years I've played for the Championship, each year my team has pulled a championship clunker or the guy I played against pulls a rabbit out of his ###. Last night my opponent who has a solid team, but not spectacular started Roddy White. 42 points. Here we go again. The Fantasy gods has done this to me every championship game....I have Andre and AJ at WR, I bet both combined don't equal Roddy's points last night.

AAARRRRRHHHHHH.

Of all the weeks for my studs to collectively wet the bed, why did it have to be this week?

(But right after I typed this, Brady and Lance Moore both scored TDs! :excited: )

i think this is enough to make me quit. geez any body who has multiple TDs or rediculous plays, yeah, iplayed against him

oh yeah, and of course, like you always see in these forums: i was the #1 seed, best record, blah blah blah.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lost my championship game basically in the first quarter of today. Was already down 41-0 going in since he had Roddy. He has Rodgers, Romo, Charles to go with Roddy. I have Brees, Luck, Foster, Hernandez, and DMC among others. MY team picked the worst day to all decide not to play well.

But hey I just pulled within 90 pts now! :excited: :mellow: :kicksrock:

going to lose in both Championship games today.

both teams collectively pooped all over themselves.

what a great week for AD, Foster, AJ Green, and AHern to disappear.

2nd place = first loser. time to start drinking heavily.

Going against Romo, Colston, Spiller, and the San Diego defense(?!?) - all killing me. ADP where were you? Tom Brady, I expected more from you vs. Jacksonville. :wall:

My only hope is that all his players are done after the first shift and I still have Brandon Marshall and the SF defense to go.Think I can get 32 points out of those two?

ETA: Oh look, another Romo TD. Make that 40+ points needed.

going to lose in both Championship games today. both teams collectively pooped all over themselves. what a great week for AD, Foster, AJ Green, and AHern to disappear. 2nd place = first loser. time to start drinking heavily.
You and me both, GB. And with a lot of the same players. Steelers losing is salt in the wounds. Time to turn the tv off and do something more enjoyable.

My team completely #### the bed today, after a great game by Ryan. Somehow though, I'm going to win because my opponent had an even worse game. Out of 12 teams, both teams in the championship will have their lowest scores of the season.

Terrible luck at the TE position lately.

Week 11: Gronkowski gets hurt.

Week 12: Pick up Dustin Keller. 5 catches, 64 yards and a TB. 14 fantasy points, not bad.

Week 13: Keller gets hurt, 2 fantasy points.

Week 14: Hope Keller plays. He doesn't, 0 fantasy points.

Week 15: Pick up Clay Harbor, 3 catches, 28 yards and a fumble. 1 fantasy point and he gets hurt.

Week 16: Pick up Scott Chandler, 1 catch, 25 yards. 2 fantasy points and he gets hurt.

Each pickup is $5 so I spent $15 on Tight Ends the last 4 weeks and have very little to show for it. Now I have to decide whether to pick up another one for Week 17 or hope Gronkowski plays.

I'm currently in the championship game which is a combined total for week 16 and 17. I'm currently ahead 99 to 91 with Decker going for me and Moreno and Pitta going for my opponent despite having Reggie Bush (30 points) on my bench. UPDATE: Now up 109 to 91 thanks to a Decker TD.

Looks like I'll be spending another $5 for a TE just in case. I'll let you know later if you should avoid Benjamin Watson or Dallas Clark for next week.

In my main league I'm against Brees, Peterson, Morris, Charles, V-Jax, D.Thomas, Rudolph and the Bengals D/ST.

Looks like I'll be winning just one of my 4 league finals. :(

Had Ryan, Roddy, Megatron and Dez in the championship game. Broke the league's scoring record to beat my brother's team. Not very cutthroat of me, but I do wish the game had been a little closer just so both of us could get excited about it 'til the end.

Lost my champ game. Had my worst game of the year and the guy I'm going against may have the highest score ever recorded in our league. So yea, wasn't gonna happen.

Benched Rudolph for Pitta :angry: I would be down 10 right now with Forte vs Marshall left counting their current stats............ Instead I'm down 20 :kicksrock:

Won my money league, was the #1 seed last year and lost in the playoffs

:banned:

Tom Brady

CJ Spiller

Jamaal Charles

Randall Cobb

Kenny Britt

Jermichael Finley

Phil Dawson

Packers Defense

4 leagues, won two titles, lost one championship, and took third in the other.

Footballguys really only helped with Kickers the last few weeks. The board has been awful quiet this year and some of the coverage articles lacked anything regarding what happens on the field.

Very happy today (as compared to last week) managed to win a title and take third in another league. So 2 out of 6 leagues in the $$ this year.

Championship lineup:

Tom Brady

Jamal Charles

Knowshon Moreno

Dez Bryant

James Jones

Anquan Boldin

Victor Cruz

Owen Daniels

Gotkowski (can't think of the spelling what can I say)

New England Defense.

This was a team that had the #2 overall pick in this years rookie draft. I made several pre draft deals Including dealing the number 2 overall) to bring over:

Jamal Charles

Willis McGahee

Victor Cruz

Jordy Nelson

All those players helped this season big time. This is a really sweet title with all the rebuilding plus Dez finally blowing up and living up to his #1 overall draft status (I took him #1 overall) I also took Mark Ingram #1 overall the year after that and he finally showed some life here in the later half of the season and gives me some hope for him next season.

A shout out to Danny Woodhead for helping win a few games at the flex on some bye weeks and huge shout out to James Jones for realizing what I always felt he could be and keeping him on my team for all these years. Tome Brady for being Tom Brady....Jamal Charles for being a stud and justifying me trading the 2nd overall along with the 8th overall and J.Stew for Victor "Salsa" Cruz and Charles.

Even though last week he cost me in another league.....he made up for it big time today.

FF is over......another year, another roller coaster. Been at this probably for too long......and yes this is the year I am hanging up a bunch of leagues. I do not have the time like I used to to stay on top of it all in multiple leagues. It's been a great ride for the past decade playing in 6 plus leagues (dynasty) but the time has come to let most of them go.

Hope some others had some good luck this year.

Lost my championship game in a close one because I started A Foster, J Charles and A Morris over Reggie Bush, as if there was any question. If Foster just gave me anything close to his season average output I would have won.

Thanks to my team of overachievers (my best player was Matty Ice) for winning my :moneybag: 12-team league championship!

They saved the best for last :excited:

:pickle:

Typical of my year, I won today because of a relatively balanced starting lineup...no one had a "huge" game (except on my bench):

Luck (Flacco on my bench)--last minute TD made a total shat day serviceable

Ray Rice--solid game; can't believe he had his 1st rec TD; glad I didn't need that short TD late (after Pierce's long run)

Doug Martin--garbage time recep; why doesn't Freeman understand getting Martin the ball all game would make life easier??

Moreno--very serviceable thanks to recep; gets no GL love in a Peyton offense

AJ Green--stud; very consistent this year

Steve Smith--thanks for the TD

Gostkowski--I hate kickers as much as anyone, but dude has been consistently very good

Dolphins DST--just a solid game in our scoring

Won my big :moneybag: championship :pickle:

Losing another championship game by 0.6 points hurts :thumbdown: It hurts more because I benched CIN d in favor of IND d who I thought had a great game but CIN d outscored them. I decided to get cute with my defense and it hurt. :rant: (Up against Bears D)

Maybe I can get a stat correction... :coffee:

Lost my champ game. Had my worst game of the year and the guy I'm going against may have the highest score ever recorded in our league. So yea, wasn't gonna happen.
On top of this, my team was so bad that I lost total points for the year as well. I had a 65 point lead on it going in. Yay! :unsure:

Got waxed in my Championship game, despite going 11-2 in the regular season. Got waxed in my other league in the consolation bracket. Oh, also a 49ers fan and we are losing and looking weak so far. @#%%& :angry:

Posting my high score of the year en route to $1500.

2qb flex

Brees

Wilson

Bryant

Smith

Britt

Richardson

CJ

Graham

Sd

Prater

Tillman

Just lost my league championship while posting the highest point total for a losing team out of a previous 445 matchups in this league's history.

My entire team showed up today and I still came up short against an owner I outscored 13 out of 15 weeks this season.

So discouraging.

Two leagues, two championships this year.

Special thanks to me for having RG3 and Cam in both leagues.

All praise to the great Calvin "The Real CJ2K" Johnson.

Users who are viewing this thread