What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving... (1 Viewer)

Obligatory yearly #####/gripe........

I own PRESTON WILLIAMS precisely nowhere. (one more draft though)  :wall:

Boast/gloat.......... proudly own DJ CHARK in 2/3, and I get the feeling its going to be garbage time supreme, minus Bortles that is.

Bad news for HSG - I was high on MILES SANDERS everywhere this offseason.  I got him in 2 spots, so that means a season ender in week 2 is likely.

:wall:

TZM

Bad news for HSG - I was high on MILES SANDERS everywhere this offseason.  I got him in 2 spots, so that means a season ender in week 2 is likely.
DON’T YOU PUT THAT JUJU ON ME! 

YOU TRADE AWAY YOUR SHARES RIGHT NOW MR! 

:rant:

Uh no brother.

He was my one "go to guy" this year.  Its generally my RBs that get hurt, but speaking of "JUJU", I had that  JuJu Smith Schuster literally EVERYWHERE last year.

He was my "go to guy" last season.

So how do you think that bodes for Sanders this year...?   

:wall: :wall: :wall:

TZM

Uh no brother.

He was my one "go to guy" this year.  Its generally my RBs that get hurt, but speaking of "JUJU", I had that  JuJu Smith Schuster literally EVERYWHERE last year.

He was my "go to guy" last season.

So how do you think that bodes for Sanders this year...?   

:wall: :wall: :wall:

TZM
Ironically, Juju was my “go to guy” this year if Sanders or Drake slipped to me in the 2nd.  

which means that so long as I have them both, which I DO, the jinx will be broken! 

INCONCEIVABLE! 

So, ah....go Juju/Sanders? 

I had an auction draft tonight and went all in on two RBs (I'd have rather had Saquon, but I wasn't chasing him at 75+). 

Guys were going (what I thought was) way to high early, and I got deals on WRs late that I didn't expect, especially spending the money I did at RB.  So this one is bragging (should I start clearning space for a trophy?).  $200, 14 team PPR, 1 QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1FL, 1TE, 1K, 1DT.

Newton - 2
Burrow - 1
Roethlisberger - 1 (I don't need three QBs with a four-man bench, but Ben for a dollar?  I'll sort out my QBs a couple of weeks in.)

C-Mac - 88
Kamara - 68
Gibson - 14

Boyd - 9
Parker - 8
McLaurin - 5
Kirk - 1

Jarwin - 1

Koo  - 1 (streamer)

Colts - 1 (streamer)

Ok lets hear it boys.........................

Usually this thread is lighting up with some last minute #####ing only a day away from kickoff.

I have my last draft tonight, then I will come and fire it up  here with the "damnit I didn't get X this year anywhere"~!

:wall:       :football:

TZM

OK, knee jerk early Venting/sighs of relief.

I drafted not a single CLEVELAND BROWN this year in 4 leagues, and I will sleep better because of it.

My last draft, I got 1.3, and I FINALLY GOT BARKLEY~! First time I have ever owned him, and stoked.  :football:

I got CHRIS GODWIN in 2/4 teams, and I am a little uneasy about it.  (One is a .25ppr) But all offseason I was high on him until the last month, and I have been souring. I am smelling a Brady spread the ball around offense, not a Winston "chuck it all over the scorched Earth to wideouts "* (TM) performance.

Nabbed RUSSEL WILSON in 2/4 leagues, and loving it. Reeks of a monster season from him.

I was on  David Johnson and Todd Gurley all offseason and happy to get them in 2/4.  Will they turn out strong?  Unsure, but I liked the upside.

I'm firing up the PHILLY DEFENSE in week 1 vs the Washington Amateur football team in 3/4 spots.   Uneasy but on the surface it seems like a great play.

What all ya got?

TZM

Did a 12 team draft last night vs mostly guppies and for the first time in 27 years got the #1 pick.

Murray, Jones

Cmac, Cohen,Singletary, Gibson,Dobbins,Scott

Hopkins, Ridley,Lamb,P Williams,Pittman

Kelce 

Succop

Tampa

Probably should have grabbed another RB in the 3rd instead of Kelce but think I'll be okay.

Took Murray earlier (6th) than I would've liked but 13 QBs were already drafted by then and he was my QB5

I drafted 3 RB to start in my last draft and still ended up with a decent WR core. 12 team PPR. I love that I don't have to rely on Taylor early on. I actually considered Thielen there but gambled.I regretted not getting Eckler in any of my leagues so I was thrilled to snag him in the middle of the second. I have a feeling he has been overlooked.

1) D Henry

2) Eckler

3) Taylor

4) Thielen

5) Maclaurin

6) Gallup

7) Dionta Johnson.

Uh I own these two on the same team brother.  Miles Sanders and now Deebo Samuel moved to IR.   

The curse is real.

Not even Sunday week 1 and 2 soldiers down in my biggest league. (Not that I was going to start Samuel this week)

TZM

Uh I own these two on the same team brother.  Miles Sanders and now Deebo Samuel moved to IR.   

The curse is real.

Not even Sunday week 1 and 2 soldiers down in my biggest league. (Not that I was going to start Samuel this week)

TZM
I read that as both moved to the IR.

only Debo, and only 3 weeks. 

sheesh, don’t do that to me! Stop jinxing my damn players! 

I read that as both moved to the IR.

only Debo, and only 3 weeks. 

sheesh, don’t do that to me! Stop jinxing my damn players! 
You are right, the way I wrote it, seemed like Sanders to IR, but that isn't the case.

Apparently they are only holding him out 1 week to help him for the long haul.

TZM

Ok lets hear it boys.........................

Usually this thread is lighting up with some last minute #####ing only a day away from kickoff.

I have my last draft tonight, then I will come and fire it up  here with the "damnit I didn't get X this year anywhere"~!
I don’t have a single Chief anywhere 😢

In four leagues I drafted no higher than 7th. CEH went top 6 in all, Hill was gone before it got back to me in the second. Could have gone Kelce in the second but I don’t typically ever go TE that high (2.03-2.05 range). Mahomes always snagged in the first/second. Feels like I’m screwing myself not having any piece at all of that offense 

I don’t have a single Chief anywhere 😢

In four leagues I drafted no higher than 7th. CEH went top 6 in all, Hill was gone before it got back to me in the second. Could have gone Kelce in the second but I don’t typically ever go TE that high (2.03-2.05 range). Mahomes always snagged in the first/second. Feels like I’m screwing myself not having any share* at all of that offense 
Fixed it for you.  

Went 1-1 between my money leagues. Was looking good in both until one league I got garbage timed harder then I have in my fantasy lifetime I think. Thielen and Ridley lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
12 team Superflex league, guy drafting at 1.11 is the resident "that guy" who doesn't pay much attention, but he's a great trash talker and friend so we put up with him.  He autodrafted this year (not uncommon).  We were all laughing at his team as he started WR/WR/WR/RB/WR and left the draft with only one QB rostered total, in a superflex!

Those autodrafted WRs?  Adams, Hopkins, Ridley, and Fuller.  Dude is gonna break high score.  Oh and his RB1 in the 4th round just became the lead back (Taylor) so things continue to improve for him.

Someone remind me why I play this game?  :shirtpoint:

Welp my 4 year run bad with injuries and holdouts continues. 4 injuries in week 1 lolol. 

Jarwin - out for the year

Kittle - Sprained knee day to day

Bell - Hamstring out 2-3 weeks

Conner - Ankle who knows

Isn't this fun!

Paced my IDP league in scoring, while missing Miles Sanders.

Ridley, JuJu, Crowder, Mostert, Zeke

Last year I was lucky to get 1 performance like this every week. 8 TDs between those dudes. 

feels good.  Feels damn good. :pickle:  

Was staring 0-2 in the face but won both because my opponents Saquon and AJ Brown had bad games. Won by .7 and 2.5

One team in my money redraft did zero prep and at our draft on Friday took Golladay and Evans at the 3-4 turn because they didn’t know they were injured. Guess who had the high score this week?

Tannehill's egregious overthrow to AJB last night cost me the win. I'm sure cost a lot of people the win. Saquon didn't help matters much either.

Gostkowski failed 3 times to beat me and then finally did after midnight.

If I knew Evans was going to be worthless Thursday, I would have started Watkins and won a different game.

Milkman said:
Welp my 4 year run bad with injuries and holdouts continues. 4 injuries in week 1 lolol. 

Jarwin - out for the year

Kittle - Sprained knee day to day

Bell - Hamstring out 2-3 weeks

Conner - Ankle who knows

Isn't this fun!
Feel your pain.  I have M Sanders, Conner, and Golladay.  Luckily I have Jackson and Newton as my QBs in a superflex and won my doubleheader.

And with Conner, even when he returns, his upside is capped with Snell looking good.

Tannehill's egregious overthrow to AJB last night cost me the win. I'm sure cost a lot of people the win. Saquon didn't help matters much either.
It helped me win.  Going against AJB in one league and won my 3.  I have AJB in another but had that week won before AJB took the field.

That's why Tannehill is maddening to own.  Sometimes he looks great, but that is a throw he needs to make 99% of the time.

Really, REALLY hoping Newton can pull his share of the load this year.  First week he looked good, though James White might lose some value as Cam will tuck and run.

I dropped Christian Wilkins to get down to 51 in IDP dynasty. I kept Michael Brockers on accident.

This turned out to be...not good. Wilkins just scored twenty points and is in his second year in Miami on the DL.

I suck at this.

Does anyone else have a problem staying signed in on the forum site only? The only time I’ve managed to log in is only following a reset of my password. Once the site logs me out, signing in with the same password just brings up an error. Tried asking the staff and nothing. Sorry if this isn’t where this question goes. Thanks in advance.

I have AJ Green in my biggest league (and Godwin) :wall: .

I saw El Burro throw him several kill mode/widowmaker throws over the middle tonight, and they weren't necessarily on target either.

The good news is AJ got 13 targets tonight.  The bad news is he got 29 yards for 2.90 in standard.   :wall:

Typical.

TZM

Video quality has been really bad this year. Redzone is like watching an old vhs. Just me?

Never in my 35 years of playing this hobby have I ever sustained so many multi-week and season-ending injuries, let alone after week 2. Lost Barkley, AJB, Godwin, Lev Bell. Thinking about starting the fire sale since it's a keeper league. Wire is bare and my bench can't make up for losing the equivalent of four top 3 round picks. Hopefully Godwin can suit up next week but concussions can follow a dude all season.

My last draft, I got 1.3, and I FINALLY GOT BARKLEY~! First time I have ever owned him, and stoked.  :football:

TZM
I might be the only owner of Barkley, that never even got a single good game out of that guy.

Hey HSG - you think I don't have bad mojo?   Sanders (Sanders might be coming to life now, too bad the Eagles aren't) , Barkley, Godwin, the list is much longer and I am only in 4 leagues.  

Its like boxing Ali, after a few years of it you just get used to the hits.     :wall:

TZM

Users who are viewing this thread