What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brandon Jacobs will be a stud this year (1 Viewer)

Wow, I've seen schtick before. But he's still going on about this a year later? And with Jacobs having the season he's having?? Has to be fishing. No human capable of typing is that idiotic.

Aside from being wrong about BJ being the goal line back, what do you hate about him so much? he is one of the most productive fantasy Running Backs in the league. Even with Ward and Bradshaw getting scraps. I don't understand why you hate certain proven studs like BJ and Jennings. It's ok to have an opinion and debate it to the death, but there comes a time to just STOP.
He continually comes in and spouts nonsense about Jacobs because he wants to reverse-jinx Jacobs, who is on his team. This has been explained multiple times. You're a chump for responding to him.

Aside from being wrong about BJ being the goal line back, what do you hate about him so much? he is one of the most productive fantasy Running Backs in the league. Even with Ward and Bradshaw getting scraps. I don't understand why you hate certain proven studs like BJ and Jennings. It's ok to have an opinion and debate it to the death, but there comes a time to just STOP.
He continually comes in and spouts nonsense about Jacobs because he wants to reverse-jinx Jacobs, who is on his team. This has been explained multiple times. You're a chump for responding to him.
thanks for the response, chump.

H.K. - Good work picking up Jacobs in a few leagues this year. And, I love your schtick. Harrison, Gates, Jacobs.. who will it be next year? Reverse jinx is money bag.

To the people fueling the fire, keep it up!!

Do you really believe HK is being serious here?

H.K. - Good work picking up Jacobs in a few leagues this year. And, I love your schtick. Harrison, Gates, Jacobs.. who will it be next year? Reverse jinx is money bag.

To the people fueling the fire, keep it up!!

Do you really believe HK is being serious here?
Either way, the guys a clown.

1) Flull fledged RBBC - Check

Through 11 games Jacobs has only 49% on NYG RB touches (169 out of 344)

2) Poor receiver - Check

Hasn't recorded a reception in three games

3) Not the Goal Line RB - Check

1-1-BAL 1 (8:39) 34-D.Ward up the middle to BAL 1 for no gain (94-J.Bannan, 52-R.Lewis).

2-1-BAL 1 (7:58) 34-D.Ward left tackle to BAL 1 for no gain (94-J.Bannan, 52-R.Lewis).
4) Injury Prone - CheckJust a matter of time:

NFL.com reports New York Giants RB Brandon Jacobs (knee) left the team's Week 11 game in the second half with a sore knee and did not return.
4-4. 100% correct in all categories.

2) Poor receiver - Check

1-1-BAL 1 (8:39) 34-D.Ward up the middle to BAL 1 for no gain (94-J.Bannan, 52-R.Lewis).

2-1-BAL 1 (7:58) 34-D.Ward left tackle to BAL 1 for no gain (94-J.Bannan, 52-R.Lewis).

NFL.com reports New York Giants RB Brandon Jacobs (knee) left the team's Week 11 game in the second half with a sore knee and did not return.
/thread

2) Poor receiver - Check

5) Jacobs dominated one of the NFL's best run defenses - Check6) Jacobs averages 5.4 yards per rushing attempts - Check

7) Jacobs leads the NFL in rushing TDs with 11 - Check

8) Jacobs is 5th in RB scoring - Check

9) Jacobs is a stud - Check

100% Correct in all categories. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
3) Not the Goal Line RB - CheckQUOTE 1-1-BAL 1 (8:39) 34-D.Ward up the middle to BAL 1 for no gain (94-J.Bannan, 52-R.Lewis). 2-1-BAL 1 (7:58) 34-D.Ward left tackle to BAL 1 for no gain (94-J.Bannan, 52-R.Lewis).
You missed a few redzone carries, Don't forget ...
2-2-BAL2 (13:31) A.Bradshaw right guard to BLT 4 for -2 yards (H.Ngata, M.Douglas). 3-4-BAL4 (12:50) (Shotgun) A.Bradshaw right end to BLT 1 for 3 yards (T.Suggs, J.Bannan).

5) Jacobs dominated one of the NFL's best run defenses - Check

6) Jacobs averages 5.4 yards per rushing attempts - Check

7) Jacobs leads the NFL in rushing TDs with 11 - Check

8) Jacobs is 5th in RB scoring - Check

9) Jacobs is a stud - Check

100% 60% Correct in all categories. :unsure:
fixed

3) Not the Goal Line RB - CheckQUOTE 1-1-BAL 1 (8:39) 34-D.Ward up the middle to BAL 1 for no gain (94-J.Bannan, 52-R.Lewis). 2-1-BAL 1 (7:58) 34-D.Ward left tackle to BAL 1 for no gain (94-J.Bannan, 52-R.Lewis).
2-2-BAL2 (13:31) A.Bradshaw right guard to BLT 4 for -2 yards (H.Ngata, M.Douglas). 3-4-BAL4 (12:50) (Shotgun) A.Bradshaw right end to BLT 1 for 3 yards (T.Suggs, J.Bannan).
:unsure:

Even though, as a Jacobs owner, I was irked at the fact that Jacobs looked like he could have gotten 200 yards and 5 TDs if the Giants had let him, it sure was sweet watching his backups fail to score time and time again around the stripe. Especially after watching Jacobs make it look effortless earlier in the game.

I'm confused by this thread. Jacobs is the top RB in my league. Having said that, I think NYG sits him around week 15-16 after they've got home field locked up.

What coaches say during training camp and what they do once the season starts isn't always the same.
you are right about that, but you dont usually see coaches saying things like this if there isnt some truth to it.
Especially if it mirrors what they did when they won a Super Bowl.
Dont you ever get tired of being flat out wrong??? Jacobs is/was/will be the primary ball carrier. You were proven wrong last year and yet you still hang on like a pathetic little poodle latching on to someones foot. You will be wrong again this year. Theres a reason you lost a sig bet and if you feel a little jiggy, why dont you do it again??
Bring it. Right now Jacobs ranks as RB 18 according to version H of the VBD for PPR leagues.That is statistically impossible and everybody knows it.
Based on the last few years averages, he'd need about 150 yards or around 2 TDs.

im⋅pos⋅si⋅ble- 1. not possible; unable to be, exist, happen, etc.

:thumbup:

What coaches say during training camp and what they do once the season starts isn't always the same.
you are right about that, but you dont usually see coaches saying things like this if there isnt some truth to it.
Especially if it mirrors what they did when they won a Super Bowl.
Dont you ever get tired of being flat out wrong??? Jacobs is/was/will be the primary ball carrier. You were proven wrong last year and yet you still hang on like a pathetic little poodle latching on to someones foot. You will be wrong again this year. Theres a reason you lost a sig bet and if you feel a little jiggy, why dont you do it again??
Bring it. Right now Jacobs ranks as RB 18 according to version H of the VBD for PPR leagues.That is statistically impossible and everybody knows it.
Oh, no wonder! You are looking at Version H? Version H is for halfwits. You were definitely in the right place. :rolleyes:

Even though, as a Jacobs owner, I was irked at the fact that Jacobs looked like he could have gotten 200 yards and 5 TDs if the Giants had let him, it sure was sweet watching his backups fail to score time and time again around the stripe. Especially after watching Jacobs make it look effortless earlier in the game.
The real pisser of that, as a Ravens hater (Steelers fan), is that they'll continue to crow about no one rushing for 100+ against them in a game. They got owned...and my "favorite" player Ray Ray got burned on the long Bradshaw run. :popcorn:

The real pisser of that, as a Ravens hater (Steelers fan), is that they'll continue to crow about no one rushing for 100+ against them in a game. They got owned...and my "favorite" player Ray Ray got burned on the long Bradshaw run. :thumbup:
True dat. In a few weeks some stuffed-shirt will say that the Ravens haven't given up a 100 yard rusher in 30+ games. While that may be true, the Giants could have had any one of three guys do it if they felt like it.

Any updates on his MRI?
Coach Tom Coughlin confirmed Monday that Brandon Jacobs is having an MRI and acknowledged that Jacobs has experienced some swelling in his knee.Coughlin did say that Jacobs is "walking really well," which is a promising sign. "We’ve been down this road before," Coughlin said. "Hopefully this won’t keep Brandon out at all, but we have some people that are prepared."

2) Poor receiver - Check

Another week, another 19.3 pointsOne of the most reliable RB2s I hav ever drafted

Jacobs has moved into the #1 spot in my league.
What? Doesn't your league deduct points weekly from Jacobs for having fewer than 50% of all RB touches on his team for the season? Crazy scoring system...(#1 in my league too)

Coach Tom Coughlin confirmed Monday that Brandon Jacobs is having an MRI and acknowledged that Jacobs has experienced some swelling in his knee.

Coughlin did say that Jacobs is "walking really well," which is a promising sign. "We’ve been down this road before," Coughlin said.
:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :lmao: Understatement of the year.

Great news.. Will he play this weekend??
He was on Mike & Mike this morning. He said the MRI came back negative. He said he felt fine and was able to do some running already. The one thing that scared me is he said it was the same injury he got last yr vs DAL :moneybag: but that last year he was in alot of pain and this year he doesnt feel any.

He was on Mike & Mike this morning. He said the MRI came back negative. He said he felt fine and was able to do some running already. The one thing that scared me is he said it was the same injury he got last yr vs DAL :goodposting: but that last year he was in alot of pain and this year he doesnt feel any.
I thought the injury last year he did have some structural damage?? Thats why it took 3 weeks to get back??

So when Jacobs sits the last few weeks, I assume the consensus is that Ward is the primary beneficiary. Yes?

Regardless of a good MRI or not it sounds like it is still swollen and sore, with the Giants penchant for rotating backs and the need for the passing game againt AZ you have to knock him down a few spots for next week.

from RotoWorld...

Brandon Jacobs' MRI revealed no structural damage.

"Nothing serious," a source told the Newark Star-Ledger. "Just swollen and sore." The paper believes it's "safe" to assume Jacobs will play against the Cardinals, although the Giants may hold the news closer to the vest. Nov. 17 - 11:49 pm et

Source: Newark Star-Ledger

He was on Mike & Mike this morning. He said the MRI came back negative. He said he felt fine and was able to do some running already. The one thing that scared me is he said it was the same injury he got last yr vs DAL :unsure: but that last year he was in alot of pain and this year he doesnt feel any.
I thought the injury last year he did have some structural damage?? Thats why it took 3 weeks to get back??
Yeah, there was. Just to clarify, Jacobs said that he was in a lot of pain the day after (last year) and that this year there was nothing like that pain, and that he feels good.

Regardless of a good MRI or not it sounds like it is still swollen and sore, with the Giants penchant for rotating backs and the need for the passing game againt AZ you have to knock him down a few spots for next week.
after Ward's and Bradshaw's failures at the GL last week, theres very little doubt who will be getting the TDs for NY.Jacobs touches will go down some as the season wears on.

I wouldn't be surprised if this injury lingers more than the Giants are letting on.
News: The Newark Star-Ledger reports that Giants RB Brandon Jacobs doesn't have any damage in his swollen knee based on an MRI done on Monday, according to a team source. But in an interview on ESPN, Jacobs said that he doesn't think the team will let him play in Week 12, citing that the Giants have enough running backs behind him to work in his place and let his knee rest.Analysis: We'd like to hear something official from head coach Tom Coughlin on this, but that may not happen until later in the week. For now, figure that Jacobs will start in Week 12 at Arizona, but it's probably a good idea to get a backup plan in place if you don't have one already just in case he doesn't play. We'll be sure to stay locked in on all news involving Jacobs in the coming days.

FoxSports.com's John Czarnecki reports that the Giants "won't allow" Brandon Jacobs to leave this offseason.They could use the franchise tag on him if they can't a long-term agreement. Derrick Ward, also a free agent, is the more likely Giant to get a job elsewhere. Jacobs is listed as probable and is expected to start at Arizona Sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread