What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brandon Lloyd Officially Traded to the Rams (3 Viewers)

You're talking about completely differing subjects here. We are talking about how sacks affect WRs, not how they affect a QB or a teams chances of winning.
They are related. If a team can't get into the redzone then a receiver has fewer opportunities to score. Lloyd scored 11 times on 77 receptions last year. 6 TDs came inside the 20 on 6 receptions- thats a huge chunk of his total value coming on 6 total catches (20 total targets).
You are claiming a heavily sacked team cant support a WR with good fantasy sacks- the data is otherwise. Rodgers and Big Ben were both sacked 50 times
No- I am claiming a high sack rate hurts an offense and makes it harder for receivers to put up stats, not that it is impossible. The other 8 teams of the bottom 10 in sack % put up 10, 12, 12, 15, 17, 18, 21 and 23 passing TDs. In fact since 2006 there have been 7 teams that have passed for 25 or more TDs in a season while having a sack rate in the bottom 10 in the league while there were 8 (eight!) in the top 10 in 2010 alone. There is very much a correlation between taking sacks and not scoring passing TDs.

Lloyd went for a 6th rounder that could become a 5th. Rams got a steal!
What kind of comp pick would they have gotten for Lloyd if they hadn't traded him? He's a FA in 2012. I guess he was becomming too much of a distracdtion in the locker room with the Tebow comments, etc.
would have depended on his production and salary.http://adamjt13.blogspot.com/2010/03/projecting-2010-compensatory-nfl-draft.htmlfwiw, housh fetched a 3rd rounder.
So would the Rams be eligible for this pick now? Basically they either got a top #1 WR, or they traded a 6th rounder for a 3rd to 4th rounder? Great deal either way.

Michael Lombardi on ESPN radio in St.Louis just said if the Rams don't resign Lloyd, they receive a 3rd rounder from Denver. Sounds weird to me

Interesting to see what this does for Decker. Wasn't looking good with Tebow back there, but now he gets bumped into the #1 role (at least for now). Royal and Thomas returning will be a wait-and-see.
A broncos homer buddy of mine indicated that Thomas steps into Lloyd's position, not Decker. While I like Decker's game more than Thomas's, being the first read for Tebow could mean Thomas becomes the WR to own with not much left for the rest of the WR corp.

Why is an 0-5 team giving away draft pick(s) for a 30 year old WR who will be a FA at season's end?
I'm also curious why the Broncos are moving their best player from last year and taking a valuable target away from their un-groomed/polished sophomore QB.
Perhaps Elway isn't convinced Tebow's the long-term answer so removing the team's No. 1 WR doesn't concern him a great deal.
Tebow gets his shot, but without one of the weapons Orton had. So Tebow falters, but Elway can claim he gave him his chance, and the fans start clamoring for another QB because the season is slipping away...with another stud Stanford QB waiting to be drafted.So did Elway trade away Lloyd to torpedo Tebow and set the stage for drafting Luck? Conspiracy theory to be sure. :bag:

Michael Lombardi on ESPN radio in St.Louis just said if the Rams don't resign Lloyd, they receive a 3rd rounder from Denver. Sounds weird to me
Sorry, somebody misunderstood him. He was talking about a possible 3rd round compensatory pick for the Rams if they don't resign him.

Why is an 0-5 team giving away draft pick(s) for a 30 year old WR who will be a FA at season's end?
I'm also curious why the Broncos are moving their best player from last year and taking a valuable target away from their un-groomed/polished sophomore QB.
Perhaps Elway isn't convinced Tebow's the long-term answer so removing the team's No. 1 WR doesn't concern him a great deal.
Tebow gets his shot, but without one of the weapons Orton had. So Tebow falters, but Elway can claim he gave him his chance, and the fans start clamoring for another QB because the season is slipping away...with another stud Stanford QB waiting to be drafted.So did Elway trade away Lloyd to torpedo Tebow and set the stage for drafting Luck? Conspiracy theory to be sure. :bag:
No - just the opposite, IMHO. If Tebow struggles, the Broncos can site trading away Lloyd as one of the reason for the struggles. It buys the Broncos time. It's not that complicated.It also allows them to see what D. Thomas can bring to the table - without them having totally alienating the veteran Lloyd. I think trading him is actually a show of respect, rather than simply slowly phasing him out.

So they traded their 6th round pick for either a good WR or a 3rd round pick. Sounds like a steal.

Last edited by a moderator:
'DoubleG said:
No - just the opposite, IMHO. If Tebow struggles, the Broncos can site trading away Lloyd as one of the reason for the struggles. It buys the Broncos time. It's not that complicated.
This makes no sense.The Broncos traded their best WR so that if Tebow struggles, which he's more likely to do, they can "buy time" by "saying" (to who?) that he struggled because they traded away their best WR. Makes them look very competent. :confused:

You have to think Fox and Elway are kicking themselves for trading Lloyd. They must have figured it was a rebuilding year and thought it would be in their best interest to see what they had in Decker and Thomas. Now that they're in first I'm sure they'd love to have Lloyd back. #elwayfail

You have to think Fox and Elway are kicking themselves for trading Lloyd. They must have figured it was a rebuilding year and thought it would be in their best interest to see what they had in Decker and Thomas. Now that they're in first I'm sure they'd love to have Lloyd back. #elwayfail
6-1 since trading him is not too shabby, I think they get what (little) they need out of Decker, Royal, and Thomas

Users who are viewing this thread