What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brandon Webb (1 Viewer)

Webb gets one more chance today then I'll have to reconsider keeping him next season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yea?http://www.azsnakepit.com/2009/4/9/828336/...ag-nixed-webb-d

Brandon's arm "red flag" nixed Webb/D-Backs deal

Concerns from multiple insurance companies about Webby's right arm caused Arizona to withdraw their three-year, $54 million dollar contract extension. When's the last time B-Webb hit the DL again?

[Expanded and FrontPaged] Ken Rosenthal reports this morning, "Concerns raised by insurance companies over Brandon Webb's arm caused the Diamondbacks to withdraw their offer of a three-year, $54 million contract extension to the right-hander last June, according to major-league sources. Webb passed a team physical, sources say, but insurance companies use a higher standard when assessing risk. Multiple companies raised concerns, creating a "red flag" for the Diamondbacks, sources say. The contract was contingent on the club securing an appropriate insurance policy for the pitcher."

This does tie in with rumblings I've heard previously regarding the reason why the deal was pulled, but is the first time I've heard specifically the insurance company were the ones who blocked it. It may or may not be meaningful - the story goes on to say "Webb, despite the insurance companies' concerns, might pitch 10 more seasons without injury, one source said." But it doesn't help my sense of foreboding this morning...

Users who are viewing this thread