What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brian Hartline (1 Viewer)

Resident A

Footballguy
I know he's "taking most of Ginn's snaps", but will he actually hold any value is the question. I just have a hard time predicting how the WR situation plays out.

Does Hartline become the #1, with Bess #2 & Camarillo in the slot? Will it be a mix, with no true #1?

I think that this whole "Ted Ginn reduced playing time" thing has been overstated.

An ESPN report this week said Ginn has been told his role will be reduced, with rookie fourth-rounder Brian Hartline getting more opportunities on game day, but Ginn hinted he did not receive that same message from Sparano."I really don't have (any) competition like that," he said. "It's just more of a motivation talk than anything else. I'm just going to continue to do me."-------Miami Dolphins Dan Henning offensive coordinator has one long lasting philosophy to coaching."Feed the studs," Henning said, referring to the team's approach of giving the ball to the team's best offensive player, which at this time are Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams.Everything else is negotiable, and Henning admits the Dolphins don't have a "perfect, pure, go-to guy."But what can't be negotiated is Henning's loyalty to his players, and on Thursday the team's outspoken offensive coordinator came to the defense of controversial receiver Ted Ginn Jr, who had a couple of key drops in the second half of last Sunday's demoralizing 46-34 loss to the Saints. "There has been a lot of conversation, a lot of arrows and attacks on this guy. Ted Ginn made less mistakes in that game than at least nine other players on offense," Henning said of Ginn, whose third on the team with 18 receptions, but first in passing yards (211)."Ted Ginnis the only player that we've had since we've been here that's gotten behind anybody's defense and been able to knock the top off a defense," Henning said, referring to Ginn's speed, which usually keeps defenses honest."Ted Ginn had a game he's not happy with, and we're not happy with. But just like my children, I'm not always happy with my children, but I love my children. I'm going to support my children," Henning said. "These [receivers] are what we have. [Ginn] won the [starting] job. He came out of camp as one of the top four [receivers]. I believe he's one of the top four. We're going to continue to use Ted Ginn the way we think is best to use him to help this football team."As supportive as Henning sounds, he wouldn't commit to Ginn remaining a starter, and even labeled rookie Brian Hartline one of the team's top three receivers, factoring in this year and last season.Henning stressed that he uses a receiver by committee approach, which means it doesn't matter who starts. Often times the receivers on the field is based on the package being used."Sometimes Teddy is in there when it's a single receiver operation. Sometimes he's in there with two. Sometimes he's not in there with one. [Davone] Bess is in there sometimes by himself. [Greg] Camarillo by himself sometimes, and Hartline by himself," Henning said. "We have two studs we need to feed, and that's Ricky and Ronnie. The others, we have real good football players and we need to spread it around."
At the very least, give it a couple of weeks to see how it shakes out. As much as Ginn has struggled, I'm not sure that they have other viable options at WR.

I just picked him up as my wr6. I love the matchups weeks 14-16. He flashed in preseason. If he has decent talent he should be able to steal targets from Ginn, who at times, does not even look like a pro receiver. Sometimes a roll of the dice like this can really pay off. With the wr6 position, I don't think there is much to lose. Trying to figure this out is a crapshoot, but no one else has flashed yet.

The kid has looked great when given the snaps. He can be had cheap now and bench him if you have space.

I would expect his points to fluctuate though as this 'should' be a run first, run second, run often team.

d

A 4th round rookie receiver with 10 catches for a 140 yards total, who may or may not even be a starter, on a run heavy, wildcat heavy team with a QB making his 3rd career start.

:tfp:

In a really really deep league with a big bench, go for it. Otherwise, you can do better.

A 4th round rookie receiver with 10 catches for a 140 yards total, who may or may not even be a starter, on a run heavy, wildcat heavy team with a QB making his 3rd career start. :blackdot: In a really really deep league with a big bench, go for it. Otherwise, you can do better.
:bag: Hes a 4th round rookie that had good buzz before the season started. He has 10 catches for 140 yards because he was deep on the depth chart. You say the "QB making his 3rd career start" like it was a bad thing. Which WR do you think it is likely he has the best chemistry with? Is it possibly the one he has been throwing all along to and reportedly really likes and has done well enough to steal a "1st round" receivers snaps?Would I bet money Hartline will play out as a top 30 WR the rest of the way? NoWould I be willing to take a cheap chance on him in a Dynasty league before he has a big game? YesIMO there are too many positive signs to ignore

one time said:
certificate said:
A 4th round rookie receiver with 10 catches for a 140 yards total, who may or may not even be a starter, on a run heavy, wildcat heavy team with a QB making his 3rd career start. :confused: In a really really deep league with a big bench, go for it. Otherwise, you can do better.
:lmao: Hes a 4th round rookie that had good buzz before the season started. He has 10 catches for 140 yards because he was deep on the depth chart. You say the "QB making his 3rd career start" like it was a bad thing. Which WR do you think it is likely he has the best chemistry with? Is it possibly the one he has been throwing all along to and reportedly really likes and has done well enough to steal a "1st round" receivers snaps?Would I bet money Hartline will play out as a top 30 WR the rest of the way? NoWould I be willing to take a cheap chance on him in a Dynasty league before he has a big game? YesIMO there are too many positive signs to ignore
Sure, in a really deep league with a big bench, like the guy above who picked him up as his WR6. There are probably 60 WRs that I'd take above Hartline right now, which is why I say otherwise, you could do better. :lmao:

Great potential, but I can't imagine he's starting for a fantasy playoff team in a couple months. But stranger things have happened, I guess.

I picked him up in a deep 12-teamer as a WR6. The only WW WRs even worthy of consideration were Hartline or M Floyd. I figured I'll gamble on Hartline becoming the top option, over Floyd who's the 4th option even if/when he overtakes Chambers

Hartline gets the start today, does that change anything for anyone? I've really enjoyed watching this kid and who knows, henne and hartline, could be sweet

Hartline gets the start today, does that change anything for anyone? I've really enjoyed watching this kid and who knows, henne and hartline, could be sweet
Hey, stranger things have happened. Camarillo was a hot waiver pickup last year, and it's not like he has a whole lot of competition among the other Miami WRs.In a PPR, I could see him getting 4-6 catches per game. Wouldn't expect a huge upside, but his numbers could be top-50, which would make him rosterable.

Hey, stranger things have happened. Camarillo was a hot waiver pickup last year, and it's not like he has a whole lot of competition among the other Miami WRs.In a PPR, I could see him getting 4-6 catches per game. Wouldn't expect a huge upside, but his numbers could be top-50, which would make him rosterable.
That is 64-96 catches per a 16 game season. I think people under estimate how hard getting 4 catches per game is. I couldn't see him getting even 64 catches in a full season, but certainly not 96.

BusterTBronco said:
Yesterday's stat line:0 catches, 0 yards, 0 touchdownsI'm gonna say no. Not rosterable.
He was wide open for a 70 yard (approx.) TD, but Henne overthrew him by about 2-3 yards.

Im hanging on for another week or two. If he connects on that long touchdown people would be singing a different tune.

I have Hartline and Ginn in one league. One thing to keep in mind is that Ginn's two return TDs and Taylor's defensive TD kept the offense off the field more, limiting the number of catches to go around (Henne only completed 12 passes). I'm wondering if Ginn's big plays will open the door for him getting the starting job back...

Users who are viewing this thread