What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brian Westbrook Hype Train (2 Viewers)

I blocked my opponent this week from getting Westy since he was a Gore owner. I think Westbrook gets 15 touches. He's valuable out of the backfield on checkdowns. He should get 75yds rush/35receiving and 1 td this week. Nice flex player :lmao:
^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^Westy has skills, no question about it. Given opportunity he'll perform. The question will be for how long since he's probably got bone on bone in the knees and will have mid weeks where he has to get the knee drained and will sit out practice. But my guess is that we can get at least a month out of him and I'll take that.

I blocked my opponent this week from getting Westy since he was a Gore owner. I think Westbrook gets 15 touches. He's valuable out of the backfield on checkdowns. He should get 75yds rush/35receiving and 1 td this week. Nice flex player :lmao:
^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^Westy has skills, no question about it. Given opportunity he'll perform. The question will be for how long since he's probably got bone on bone in the knees and will have mid weeks where he has to get the knee drained and will sit out practice. But my guess is that we can get at least a month out of him and I'll take that.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion for sure but as a guy that has seen every 49er game this year I really think you are dreaming with that one...Aside for the carries split, aside from the 49ers offense sucking the main thing about this week is that GB will probably be up 21 in the first quarter and nobody is going to get carries then...it will just be incomplete pass after incomplete pass

I blocked my opponent this week from getting Westy since he was a Gore owner. I think Westbrook gets 15 touches. He's valuable out of the backfield on checkdowns. He should get 75yds rush/35receiving and 1 td this week. Nice flex player ;)
IMHO as a lowly 49er fan you are dreaming...that would have been a good week for gore. Westy this week will be40 yds rushing25 yds recievingthat is all
And, as usual, the truth is probably somewhere in between.I think he gets enough chances to get better numbers than 65 total yards, but not enough to finish top 5-7 this week in PPR. Though I do think he will be closer to the latter than the former.

I blocked my opponent this week from getting Westy since he was a Gore owner. I think Westbrook gets 15 touches. He's valuable out of the backfield on checkdowns. He should get 75yds rush/35receiving and 1 td this week. Nice flex player :shrug:
IMHO as a lowly 49er fan you are dreaming...that would have been a good week for gore. Westy this week will be40 yds rushing25 yds recievingthat is all
And, as usual, the truth is probably somewhere in between.I think he gets enough chances to get better numbers than 65 total yards, but not enough to finish top 5-7 this week in PPR. Though I do think he will be closer to the latter than the former.
;)

I also agree. Westbrook will be in the range of 40 rushing and 30 recieving 4-5 rcpetions ( a 10+ fantasy play every week), Dixon in my opinion is a better play in standard leagues. hes a powerfull back and can see him in on GL. and getting 10+ carries. I know Westy was the top pickup this week but I passed ( had the opportunity as a low WW guy) and grabbed Ford and Alexander ( for WR depth )first and grabbed Dixon instead . just a hunch nothing else. Im sure Westy will be a nice RB2 / flex guy but Im just not sold long term of a guy 31 with his bone on bone knee issues etc..

Last edited by a moderator:
I also agree. Westbrook will be in the range of 40 rushing and 30 recieving 4-5 rcpetions ( a 10+ fantasy play every week), Dixon in my opinion is a better play in standard leagues. hes a powerfull back and can see him in on GL. and getting 10+ carries. I know Westy was the top pickup this week but I passed ( had the opportunity as a low WW guy) and grabbed Ford and Alexander ( for WR depth )first and grabbed Dixon instead . just a hunch nothing else. Im sure Westy will be a nice RB2 / flex guy but Im just not sold long term of a guy 31 with his bone on bone knee issues etc..
That's my take too. My (PPR) league's blind bidding is due today and right now I have Westbrook third behind Garcon and Obomanu and I'm thinking about moving Bess ahead of him although I probably won't end up doing that. The 49ers weren't scoring many points with Gore; I'm not sure we can assume Westbrook will get a lot of scoring chances now. And if he isn't scoring TDs, I'm not sure he has a tremendous amount of upside even in PPR leagues. I could see him betting 60 total yards and 2-3 catches a week. I don't see a high ceiling with him.

To me the only question on Westbrook is health. His performance, even at the end in Philly was very good he just couldn't stay on the field. I believe Singletary when he says that they need to "limit" Westbrook to keep him healthy. But a guy like Westbrook can be a RB1 in a PPR league even on 15-20 touches per week.

While SF didn't get Westbrook involved in the passing game on MNF I think with a full week to prepare, especially with a young QB, BW will make an impact as a receiver. He could be PPR gold the last month of the season even if he's splitting time with Dixon.

To me the only question on Westbrook is health. His performance, even at the end in Philly was very good he just couldn't stay on the field. I believe Singletary when he says that they need to "limit" Westbrook to keep him healthy. But a guy like Westbrook can be a RB1 in a PPR league even on 15-20 touches per week. While SF didn't get Westbrook involved in the passing game on MNF I think with a full week to prepare, especially with a young QB, BW will make an impact as a receiver. He could be PPR gold the last month of the season even if he's splitting time with Dixon.
you obviously haven't been paying attention the 49ers much. With Troy Smith at qb the passes to the rb's have gone down tremendously. Frank Gore is a great pass catcher...don't expect it to increase because westbrook is in there.

If you picked him up and already have solid RB1/RB2 options on your roster, I would say bench him - Green Bay's no fun to run on - and monitor the splits in carries. If you *don't* have solid RB1/RB2 options (like yours truly), you start him since you'll probably have at least a 5-6 point floor this week.

To me the only question on Westbrook is health. His performance, even at the end in Philly was very good he just couldn't stay on the field. I believe Singletary when he says that they need to "limit" Westbrook to keep him healthy. But a guy like Westbrook can be a RB1 in a PPR league even on 15-20 touches per week. While SF didn't get Westbrook involved in the passing game on MNF I think with a full week to prepare, especially with a young QB, BW will make an impact as a receiver. He could be PPR gold the last month of the season even if he's splitting time with Dixon.
you obviously haven't been paying attention the 49ers much. With Troy Smith at qb the passes to the rb's have gone down tremendously. Frank Gore is a great pass catcher...don't expect it to increase because westbrook is in there.
Gore had 5 receptions last week against TB, leads the team in receptions on the year.

Didn't Dixon have 14 carries in the MNF game? I get that Westbrook has the pedigree and will likely get a majority of the carries, but I feel like Dixon may be the guy to own when you factor goalline carries into it.

Gore had 5 receptions last week against TB, leads the team in receptions on the year.
Gore has been seriously trending downwards since troy smith took over. A lot of those TB receptions came in garbage time when they just weren't even trying to run the ball anymore...

Thinking about starting Dixon or Westy over Rice (Plays Pitt) Hmm....

I could get daring & start 1 of those 2 w/Toby G & bench Forte too.

:shrug:

I noticed Dodds in his projections expects Westbrook to get 17 carries (and 4 receptions) and 0.4 TD rushing, with Dixon at 7 carries and 0.2 TD. I just don't see it - I think it will be a much more even split, with Dixon getting goal line carries (if they get those opportunities vs. GB).

I noticed Dodds in his projections expects Westbrook to get 17 carries (and 4 receptions) and 0.4 TD rushing, with Dixon at 7 carries and 0.2 TD. I just don't see it - I think it will be a much more even split, with Dixon getting goal line carries (if they get those opportunities vs. GB).
I'm siding with Dodds on this one. I don't know what people have been seeing from Dixon that makes them think he's good for much outside of goal line carries and occasionally resting Westbrook. I guess some people buy into the idea that the coaching staff would like to "see what they have" in Dixon. By this point in the season, I suspect they know what they have. Something between 15-20 carries is exactly what I would expect from Westbrook, with a few additional targets in the passing game.

Grab Dixon Pronto

Brian Westbrook - RB - 49ers

Brian Westbrook was held out of 49ers practice with an ankle injury Wednesday.

It wouldn't make sense for the Niners to push their brittle 31-year-old running back on a short week, but this is also a reminder that Westbrook is a poor bet to hold up in the final five games,

Westbrook already injured

Brian Westbrook, RB SF

News: 49ers RB Brian Westbrook did not practice Wednesday because of an ankle injury

Analysis: It didn't take long for Westbrook to go from a 100-yard game to being injured. The 49ers talked about being cautious with the oft-injured veteran. Perhaps this is just a rest day for Westbrook, but if the injury lingers, then he could be in trouble.

Grab Dixon Pronto Brian Westbrook - RB - 49ersBrian Westbrook was held out of 49ers practice with an ankle injury Wednesday.It wouldn't make sense for the Niners to push their brittle 31-year-old running back on a short week, but this is also a reminder that Westbrook is a poor bet to hold up in the final five games,
That was quick.

Grab Dixon Pronto Brian Westbrook - RB - 49ersBrian Westbrook was held out of 49ers practice with an ankle injury Wednesday.It wouldn't make sense for the Niners to push their brittle 31-year-old running back on a short week, but this is also a reminder that Westbrook is a poor bet to hold up in the final five games,
That was quick.
i havent seen any reports of ankle injury

Steel Town said:
Didn't Dixon have 14 carries in the MNF game? I get that Westbrook has the pedigree and will likely get a majority of the carries, but I feel like Dixon may be the guy to own when you factor goalline carries into it.
How many did he have when the game was close?ETA: 20 to 6 prior to the 4th quarter. Dixon got most of his carries after the game was out of reach.

Steel Town said:
How many did he have when the game was close?ETA: 20 to 6 prior to the 4th quarter. Dixon got most of his carries after the game was out of reach.
...or after Westy left with the ankle injury. :thumbup:

Steel Town said:
...or after Westy left with the ankle injury. :lmao:
:thumbup: Go DIXON Go!!!!!

CHOO!!!!!!!! CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

He'll have a solid game tonight against SD. He's $$$ in a PPR league.

Users who are viewing this thread