What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***BTTF VI: Draft Over! See you in October (3 Viewers)

Yeah I'd be open to using literally anything else if there was something better but I think WIS is still probably the best option. Generally speaking the best teams are winning and the crappy teams are crappy, which is kind of the point, even if the sim/stats are off.

My final goals for the season are stopping Koya from winning 100 (which shouldn't be a problem since he's resting for the playoffs) and getting Jose Fernandez the Cy Young.

why is the offence so crazy in WIS now?
Basically I think they focus on making sure their sim produces normal results for their open leagues with $80M cap, where people mostly pick deadball pitchers and great defense.

If WIS was better, if you drafted from one year or era, stats would normalize to that year/era.

It kinda sucks but like scoobus said the good teams still win and the bad teams are still bad. Same with basketball - as long as picking good players still leads to success the sim engine flaws will be tolerable.

scoobus said:
Yeah I'd be open to using literally anything else if there was something better but I think WIS is still probably the best option. Generally speaking the best teams are winning and the crappy teams are crappy, which is kind of the point, even if the sim/stats are off.

My final goals for the season are stopping Koya from winning 100 (which shouldn't be a problem since he's resting for the playoffs) and getting Jose Fernandez the Cy Young.
Yeah, 100 is not happening and Jose was likely going to win the CY for a while now... would be a nice tribute getting a final WIS win on the last day of the season. 

Spartans Rule said:
Basically I think they focus on making sure their sim produces normal results for their open leagues with $80M cap, where people mostly pick deadball pitchers and great defense.and

If WIS was better, if you drafted from one year or era, stats would normalize to that year/era.

It kinda sucks but like scoobus said the good teams still win and the bad teams are still bad. Same with basketball - as long as picking good players still leads to success the sim engine flaws will be tolerable.

not
I actually think the SIM is set up to double benefit/penalize items... it's like the good HR batter put in his home park in the SIM. He gets an extra 10 HRs in real life at a hitters park and then gets a boost playing in that same HR+ park in WIS.  

Somehow it feels like a year with a ton of HRs in real life - launched on offense and surrendered by pitchers. 

As opposed to resulting in representative stats, it's like the engine amplifies the offensive benefit as well as the defensive liability compounding both. 

Should do what you say, but it ain't happening. It may be amplified in some divisions with teams that face some just god awful and/or fatigued staffs, but I had a decent pitching division and my HR stats, +2 park notwithstanding, are nuts. My top three guys could launch 170 dingers... probably 180+ without rest. 

oso diablo said:
despite its flaws, it remains the best outlet for what we're trying to do here.

ootp is great, for what it does, but the element of possible injuries makes it a non-starter imo.
OOTP experts among us may be able to correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you can turn injuries off.

Hey just a heads up, not sure how playoff spots are decided but if there's a single wild card per league situation I think my magic number is one.  So you all probably need to sort out if I'm on a postseason ban this season or whatever.  

Hey just a heads up, not sure how playoff spots are decided but if there's a single wild card per league situation I think my magic number is one.  So you all probably need to sort out if I'm on a postseason ban this season or whatever.  
i was hoping you would self-impose

I don't know how I would do that.  As I said before I didn't want to throw games because that woul obviously upset the balance of the league far more than the AAA players did.  Any suggestions?
announce it here, and let commish take the action within the website

The adultness here about appropriate (self imposed) action is WAY ####### OUT OF LINE PEOPLE.

Needs more acrimony, bitterness and need for mutual retribution.  NOW!

OK, I'll put in a ticket... but that may mean we false start and then restart our playoffs.
Strongly opposed to any playoff restart. Not trying to defend Tobias or anything, I'm fine with removing him but if it means the playoffs are going to just start over halfway through you might as well remove me too.

I delayed the playoffs 2 days and submitted a ticket to re-do the NL. I think they should be able to fix things in 2 days. I guess if they don't, we'll just let TF stay in.

I am fairly certain that the 401 combined wins of the AL playoff teams is the FBG WIS league record. Can't even recall having seen three 100-win division leaders in the same 12-team league before.

Playoffs have been adjusted -- Fix the WIS Basketball Sim Engine Now is now squaring off against Glen Cove Upsiders.

thinking ahead to the 2017 season, i'd like us to think further about a mechanism for supplemental picks.

my primary concern here is to afford teams the ability to go 162 games with much less pitcher fatigue.

i forget who suggested this, but i like the idea of allowing teams to make a single free agent pickup at any point post-draft, first-come-first-served.

would recommend a cutoff date of, say, May 1st, so that there's still some significant element of prediction.

thoughts or other ideas?

thinking ahead to the 2017 season, i'd like us to think further about a mechanism for supplemental picks.

my primary concern here is to afford teams the ability to go 162 games with much less pitcher fatigue.

i forget who suggested this, but i like the idea of allowing teams to make a single free agent pickup at any point post-draft, first-come-first-served.

would recommend a cutoff date of, say, May 1st, so that there's still some significant element of prediction.

thoughts or other ideas?
I liked this idea and may have stated it somewhere.  Maybe reverse draft order for a 1 round sup?

Wasn't the idea to sacrifice a pick in the actual draft for a free agent pickup slot?

ie Team declares at pick 10.12 I'm foregoing my pick for a free agent slot. FA pickup order would be based on who gave up the highest pick(highest pick first lowest last)

Could be a fun wrinkle, might be overcomplicating though :shrug:  

Wasn't the idea to sacrifice a pick in the actual draft for a free agent pickup slot?

ie Team declares at pick 10.12 I'm foregoing my pick for a free agent slot. FA pickup order would be based on who gave up the highest pick(highest pick first lowest last)

that was my original idea, but it never got any traction.

this would require a specific-date supplemental draft (i originally just said after the season, but now believe that sullies the idea, and that any supplemental picks needs to be made earlier rather than later).

ANOTHER IDEA...

this goes counter to the intent of reducing pitcher fatigue, but i have thought about having one of the leagues be a DH league (just like real life). Teams would declare DH or No-DH as they made their 2nd round picks. Once we got to 12 DH teams or 12 no-DH teams, the rest of the teams would not have a choice.

i'm sure we can all see the pros/cons of this, so it's just a matter of preference, imo.

I like this, but not the poster

that was my original idea, but it never got any traction.

this would require a specific-date supplemental draft (i originally just said after the season, but now believe that sullies the idea, and that any supplemental picks needs to be made earlier rather than later).
I still like this idea too. 

How's this?

- Still have the regular BTTF draft starting in February, but make it a 25-round draft.
- Then have a 10 to 15-round supplemental draft at the All-Star Break. Draft order would be reverse order of the FanTrax standings.

Could even have three drafts:

- 25-round draft in February-March.
- 5-round supplemental draft at the All-Star Break.
- 5-round supplemental draft at season's end.

I don't know... I really like the challenge of finding 45 to 50 guys in mid February. I wouldn't want to change that dynamic too drastically. 

jfranco77 said:
I don't know... I really like the challenge of finding 45 to 50 guys in mid February. I wouldn't want to change that dynamic too drastically. 
agree. i think we just need a tweak or two, not a fundamental change.

Freddie freeman MVP

Totals

Murphy, Daniel

L  

1.075 - No Votes

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone else have their game two pitcher not lock in? As is the case before a series starts, i can set any pitcher to any slot and it does not have someone 'slotted' to pitch next.

Did anyone else have their game two pitcher not lock in? As is the case before a series starts, i can set any pitcher to any slot and it does not have someone 'slotted' to pitch next.
Mine's locked.

Game 1 Starter Bartolo Colon... did not go well.

jfranco77 said:
Agreed. I was really proud I didn't really have fatigue problems this season, especially my starters. I just had a "sucking at baseball playing" problem.

Mike Trout, kind of a disappointment, 293/443/540 with 35 steals, 163 runs, 36 HR and 105 RBI... finished 5th in NL MVP voting.

Jonathan Villar, 324/410/531 with 27 HR, 131 RBI, 146 runs and 70 steals, did not get MVP votes.

jfranco77 said:
Mine's locked.

Game 1 Starter Bartolo Colon... did not go well.

Spartans Rule said:
My game 2 pitcher locked in also (Carlos Martinez).
That's weird. I've seen this before, but only momentarily when I happened to look at the results RIGHT after the game was simmed... here it was well more than an hour afterward. Odd.

Well, I put Cueto (who was my 2) in at one, and hope it works!

That's weird. I've seen this before, but only momentarily when I happened to look at the results RIGHT after the game was simmed... here it was well more than an hour afterward. Odd.

Well, I put Cueto (who was my 2) in at one, and hope it works!
PROTEST! REDRAFT!!!

Users who are viewing this thread