What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Buffalo Safety-Damar Hamlin is awake and **Bills at Bengals** Game has been Canceled (1 Viewer)

For those of you trying to catch up. Hamlin made an ordinary tackle on Higgins. Both went to the ground. Hamlin stood up for a couple seconds, looked woozy, then collapsed to the ground. CPR was being performed for at least 10 minutes. He has been taken to the hospital via ambulance.

I want an opponent's player out of the game but not like that. If anything can make me more open to the "soft" player safety related penalties it's something like this. Have no clue what's going on but I hope Hamlin comes through this.

In high school, playing basketball, a player just collapsed and ended up passing away. Enlarged heart.
I did not see the play in question, but sounds like it might be something along those lines. Who really knows I guess.
I have no religious affiliation, but still threw out a prayer.

Just said they were administering oxygen. If true, that's tremendous news!!
Could possibly be confused with bagging a patient. Bagging forces air/oxygen into the lungs during CPR. We didn't see that, but from untrained eyes it could be confused as such. And I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer. Hoping for the best for him, but the medical side of me has kicked in on this one.

Are we sure Hamlin is alive?
Was he put on oxygen or "life support"?
If he dies on the way to the hospital or if he doesn't pull thru, this would be a tragedy to continue

They're playing, huh?

Huh. I'm not going to say a thing. I'm just not really in the mood to watch it.
I can’t believe they think it’s ok in any way to keep playing. Reports are Bengals coach Zac Taylor is walking across field to talk with McDermott. Hope it’s to discuss whether both teams just refuse to play.

I think I’m out. Not sure I have the stomach to watch now.

What does sfhefter mean he doesn’t remember an ambulance on the field? It’s definitely happened.
He means he doesn’t remember it happening.
It literally happened earlier this year when Buffalo CB Dane Jackson was taken off the field in an ambulance after a head injury. Tua did too after his 2nd concussion.
Pretty sure they could have called one out for Hyde's injury, too, had it not already been taking Dane to the hospital.

They've delayed games for weather.. This game should be suspended until tomorrow. Life is more important than a football game. :frown:

I want an opponent's player out of the game but not like that. If anything can make me more open to the "soft" player safety related penalties it's something like this. Have no clue what's going on but I hope Hamlin comes through this.
This was a play where there really wasn't a safety issue. It was routine play that happens 100 times a game.

How TF does anyone play football after this?
As someone who played for 10 years counting college, I have no idea, and I especially feel for Tee Higgins.

Saw the replay. I know someone that got hit square in the chest with a baseball and almost died, this reminded me of that :(

Just said they were administering oxygen. If true, that's tremendous news!!
Could possibly be confused with bagging a patient. Bagging forces air/oxygen into the lungs during CPR. We didn't see that, but from untrained eyes it could be confused as such. And I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer. Hoping for the best for him, but the medical side of me has kicked in on this one.
You're right. That occurred to me after I posted. Hopefully, he was revived (either by CPR or/and defib), and is being stabilized with supplemental O2.

Not trying to diagnose this poor guy’s condition, but after watching the replay, he took a direct blow to the chest. It could be a freak case of Commotio cordis.

Pro athletes are in top condition. Let’s hope Hamlin has that on his side. Prayers.

This is awful. Calling the game is the right call for now. Bigger things in play here.

How TF does anyone play football after this?
I'm trying to take it as good news he was responsive or something because if not I don't see how you can either.
I’m hoping beyond hope that Hamlin is ok.

This game should be played tomorrow or never.

It costs me any chance whatsoever at a LCG win tonight.

Doesn't matter. Prayers up for Hamlin.

I've never agreed with Adam Schefter until right now
He makes the most sense in advocating a suspension of the game whatever the results will be.
I applaud him for stepping out there for once and taking a stance

It’s really scary to me that we have no updates on the injured player. And the players’ reactions are nowhere near positive.

I actually laughed at the complete absurdity of it all when Joe Buck said the players had 5 minutes to warm up. The nfl is completely insane. The game can be played tomorrow.
Almost looked like the teams told the NFL to forget putting them back on the field after that “5 minutes” announcement

Users who are viewing this thread