What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Buy low on Gore? (1 Viewer)

Billy Ball Thorton

Footballguy
He has had to play Balt and Pitt already and his future scedule looks MUCH better. And there is talk of Alex and Vernon being back week 7.

He has only been getting around 16 carries a game.

Anyone trying to buy?

I'd be open to buying low but I wouldn't overpay to get the guy. Alex Smith is an upgrade over Dilfer by default. He's borderline horrific.

I have lost 3 QB's last in start 2 QB, PPR league and was forced to make a trade. Fortunately, I had some good depth at RB which made this all possible.

Gore and Cooley for Warner and Winslow

I still have Addai, McGahee, Portis and MB3 (start 2 RB plus 2 flex)

All in all, I hated to part with Gore for the reason Billy Ball Thorton stated -- believe me I tried to sell MB3 first, but no go. I did what I had to do. At least I now know I won't have to worry about a QB platoon in Arizona any longer.

I'm honestly not sure it's possible in a keeper league. I would like to get my hands on him but the Gore owner in my league will most likely want someone like Addai,SJax,etc.

I tried to buy low..the problem is no one is selling Gore low!
:goodposting: In one league I offered R.Bush (pre McAllister injury) & M.Lynch for him. The guy emailed me back and said that offer wasn't even worth my time typing it up.
I would have taken that deal for Gore.
pre-McAllister injury, you were offering a RBBC and rookie on a terrible team for Gore. i'd tend to agree with the guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
:goodposting: In one league I offered R.Bush (pre McAllister injury) & M.Lynch for him. The guy emailed me back and said that offer wasn't even worth my time typing it up.
1. How can you say that without seeing the rosters, if you needed depth at RB, etc.2. Thats a horrible deal for Gore in nearly every situation, especially 2 weeks ago.

I'm thinking about shipping Alexander straight up for Gore, right after Sundays game against the Saints

I'm thinking about shipping Alexander straight up for Gore, right after Sundays game against the Saints
I offered Alexander and McMichael for Gore. Other guy is has Donald Lee and Vernon Davis as his TEs. My guess is the Gore owner isn't going to to it but I'll let you know.

Sold him for Farve and Ronnie Brown last week.
fo' Shizzle!!!wow! great trade!!you did well..I'm not a fan Jim Hostler..his offense looks worse than a high school team right now..and like the Saint's, that offense will be stuck in neutral all season long..Gore has dynasty value, but for this year, he's a bust..what are the chances that Norv Turner is fired from SD, and comes back to the Niners?!lol

I got Gore in a dynasty league for 4 individual defensive players. Our league gives 10 pts for sacks and 13 for ints, and I traded Elvis Dumerville, Shaun Phillips, Darnell Dockett, and Amobi Okoye for him. Basically I had four young guys who had just about the most defensive points in the league after 4 weeks and the guy bit on it. I now wouldn't trade Gore for anyone besides LT or maybe Addai. In a keeper league, now's as good a time as any to get him. QBs hurt, has played a tough schedule. Redraft league I imagine you could get him considerably cheaper.

I am trying to buy low on Gore. The Gore owner apparently failed to check his bye week conflicts because both Gore and Lynch are one byes this week. He is in a bit of a panic and is trying desperately to not lose this week. I am offering him D. Foster and D. Ward for Gore. If he does not take that bait I will offer him Foster and Fred Taylor for Gore. Definitely trying to take advantage of him not having a lot of options other than going down the tubes this week with many teams on his roster on a bye week.

Would a Gore/Evans owner take Sjax/Greg Jennings/Muhsin Muhammad (obv a throw in)??

I feel like that is a pretty even trade, IF Sjax is back before his bye. The guy giving up Evans/Gore is 2-3.

the_Truth said:
Challenge Everything said:
playin4beer said:
:shrug: In one league I offered R.Bush (pre McAllister injury) & M.Lynch for him. The guy emailed me back and said that offer wasn't even worth my time typing it up.
1. How can you say that without seeing the rosters, if you needed depth at RB, etc.2. Thats a horrible deal for Gore in nearly every situation, especially 2 weeks ago.
I didn't say it was a great trade offer, but he was insulted. His other RB's are R.Brown, C.Henry & J.Norwood. Keep in mind this was after Week 2 when R.Brown had 32 & 33yds rushing with no TD's.I guess in hindsight the better play would've been to try and get R.Brown from him. :gang1:

Something seems off with the 49ers this season. Gore's a stud but it's tough to expect anything like last season from him. I'd trade for him but I wouldn't go crazy. Hence the buy low I guess.

I have lost 3 QB's last in start 2 QB, PPR league and was forced to make a trade. Fortunately, I had some good depth at RB which made this all possible.Gore and Cooley for Warner and WinslowI still have Addai, McGahee, Portis and MB3 (start 2 RB plus 2 flex)All in all, I hated to part with Gore for the reason Billy Ball Thorton stated -- believe me I tried to sell MB3 first, but no go. I did what I had to do. At least I now know I won't have to worry about a QB platoon in Arizona any longer.
Even though Gore has been sucking, im pretty sure you can do better than Kurt Warner...

Multiplayer trade;

But essentially, it was Steve Smith for Frank Gore. I'm sure the other guy will be bittersweet when Carr will demonstrate why he's a two-bit QB.

I just traded for Gore....

I gave up Norwood & M.Turner in my Dynasty league... My start 3 are now ..Sjax,Gore & Jacobs

I doubt the Gore owner gives him up for Alexander.
I forgot to mention the Gore owner is 0-5 and is a Seattle homer and basically told me he would make the deal. I figure SA can have a good game against the Saints, but the loss of Max Strong hurts him in the long run. I like the Gore schedule from here on, much easier.

How much better is Gore going to get? His schedule thus far has been in PPR:

Week 1:

Gore scored 14 points vs. Arizona (13th ranked vs RBs - Allowing 20.6 ppg to opposing backs). The only team that did worse than SF was Pit, and Whisenhunt and Grimm know Pitt inside and out. Brian Leonard scored 20 on them without Pace and with Frerotte under center just last week.

Week 2:

He scored 22 on St. Louis (25th ranked vs RBs - Allowing 25.4 ppg to opposing backs). , by far his best outing to date. This was the game that he wore a heavy heart. He played for his mother and was a beast, as most thought he'd be. Tampa ran roughshod over the Rams the following week putting up 41 RB points. As a team the 49ers scored 27 in this game, just over the average and the second best performance against the Rams this season.

Week3:

Pittsburgh (1st ranked vs RBs - Allowing 10.4 ppg to opposing backs). The Steelers shut him down in both the rushing (14 carries for 39 yards) and passing games (2 catches for 12 yards). Horrible outing for Gore and the 49ers. They obviously won't have to play the best run defense in the league again. But it shows that good defenses can shut him right down, something that wasn't the case last season.

Week 4:

Seattle (22nd ranked vs RBs - Allowing 24.2 ppg to opposing backs). This was the Seattle defenses best game of the season. Gore hung 14 on them. But it's not encouraging to be the lowest point getter against a defense. Just another poor outing. Gore averaged almost 5 yards a clip, but only got the ball 16 times in the game. Not encrouaging against a defense that can be run on. They allowed Pittsburgh to hang more than double that on them the following week.

Week 5:

Baltimore (2nd ranked vs RBs - Allowing 12 ppg to opposing backs). The good news is that the 49ers were hung the most points on them of any team yet. The bad news is that it was 14...and that's from all backs. Gore got 10 of those. Again, he was shut down by a good defense. Teams don't fear Dilfer and know they game really stack against Gore.

So Gore has really played two very good run defense and done nothing on them. He's played two bottom third defenses and did OK, but not as well as you might have thought he'd do. And one average defense that he didn't impress against either.

His point totals are about 30% behind last season's totals through week 5. He supporting cast is arguably worse. The good news is that after the bye he gets the Jekyll and Hyde Giants (20th) followed by the Aints (11th). Then he plays Atlanta (16), Seattle (22nd) and St. Louis (25th) again, followed by Arizona (13th) and Carolina (17th). His week 14 matchup is Minnesota (3rd) which is going to probably be another 10 point outing. If you survive that, you get Cincinatti (28th) in week 15 and Tampa (31st) in the Super Bowl week, which is nice.

Someone offered me Javon Walker and Tatum Bell for Gore. It's a Keep 2 league, and despite that I'm tempted, but I think I can do better than that.

I am trying to buy low on Gore. The Gore owner apparently failed to check his bye week conflicts because both Gore and Lynch are one byes this week. He is in a bit of a panic and is trying desperately to not lose this week. I am offering him D. Foster and D. Ward for Gore. If he does not take that bait I will offer him Foster and Fred Taylor for Gore. Definitely trying to take advantage of him not having a lot of options other than going down the tubes this week with many teams on his roster on a bye week.
That offer is frankly insulting. I just traded Gore for Wille Parker straight up. I got sick and tired on my #1RB getting hosed at the goalline.

Last week traded AD, Watson and TO for Gore, Edwards and Witten.

Keeper league and trade didn't go over too well with some people. :popcorn:

I was just offered Gore and Harrison for Westy and Buckhalter. Not sure if I can do it unless I make a secondary deal but it goes to show what people are asking for him

FWIW

RB- Westy, K Jones, Buckhalter, Hunt, J Wright, Morris, Hall

WR- TO, J Walker, Colston, Jennings, CJII, Branch

Was offered Gore and ADP for Tomlinson and Lee Evans. (Dynasty format)

I was tempted, but losing LT is huge. The most tempting part is being a Chester Taylor owner.

That offer is frankly insulting. I just traded Gore for Wille Parker straight up. I got sick and tired on my #1RB getting hosed at the goalline.
Mistake. At least he got to the goal line.

Just traded D. Anderson and Walker for Gore. Now if only Romo can stay healthy for the rest of the year...

Just traded Portis, Betts, Roethlisberger, and Miller for Gore and Bulger. All the guys I dealt away were backups for me except Portis

Just Traded ADP and Driver for Gore and Steve Smith.... 10 Team League Redraft

I dont know what to think :deadhorse:

gives me Gore-R Bush-K Jones (travis henry&S Young for a couple weeks) & Steve Smith-Roy Williams-S Holmes-B Marshall (and if you care Peyton,T Gonzales, BearsD,Nick Folk)

Had a little depth so i gave it a go..... Gore's easier Schedule was the key for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread